|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 01/18/2006 : 10:55:42 AM
From the following website:
MSN's report on the Worst Foods to Eat got us to thinking about what our list might be. MSN has nothing on us here at Slashfood. While we think that living a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is a great choice, unlike MSN “health” advisors, we don’t think it’s the only way to live. We put on our Slash Foodie un-scientifical research hats and here are our picks for 8 of the worst foods you can eat:
• Deep fried Snickers or Mars bars - This "snack" packs over 450 calories and about 30 grams of fat, and a king size will deliver more than 700 calories and 44 grams of fat. What's more disturbing is that some pubs plate them with a side of fries and call them lunch.
• Shelf stable “creamers” – Water, sugar or corn syrup solids and partially hydrogenated oils make up this shelf-stable faux cream. Need we say more?
• Pasteurized, processed cheese food - No, we don’t care how well they melt. These melty, spreadable, day-glo orange “cheeses” have to be labeled as “cheese food” because of the addition of preservatives and liquids. Yum.
• Burger King Chicken Fries – A tiny amount of chicken with four layers of breading, deep-fried in soybean oil 3 ounces of “fries” with dipping sauce, come up to 340 calories and 24 grams of fat, as well as 1020 mg of sodium per serving.
• Instant ramen noodles – Very high in both sodium and saturated fat On the plus side, there is little, if any sugar in these, though you’ll be reaching for something sweet to get the salt out of your mouth.
• Movie theater popcorn – popped in coconut oil and topped with “butter," a large size has about 20 cups of popcorn and almost three days worth of saturated fat.
• McDonald’s Sausage, Egg and Cheese McGriddle – only if you want to have over 50% of your recommended daily intake of fat, saturated fat and sodium in a 7 oz. (199 gm) sandwich.
• Super sized soft drinks – Huge drinks, like the 52-ounce X-treme gulp at 7-11, when filled with sugary sodas, can pack away over 600 calories each!
Just so you know.....I plan on trying one of those deep fried candy bars the first chance I get! Then I will never speak of it again....
2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!
|1 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 05/06/2006 : 12:26:52 PM
I got queezy reading that list. Yucky junk food.