PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Low-Carb Lifestyle
 Carb Counter's Guide
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

foodfitadmin

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Send foodfitadmin an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
For those of you watching your carbohydrates or interested in learning more about going low-carb, we've just launched a new area on our site, the Carb Counter's Guide. There's a lot of good info about carbs, the glycemic index and low-carb recipes. You can find it at the following url. We'll be updating this page on a regular basis so check back periodically.

http://www.foodfit.com/healthy/carbCountersGuide.asp

Report To Moderator

Luv4shoes

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  08:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, this is fabulous, the information is very helpful and right at my fingertips.

What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

funkycamper

1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I need to follow a low-carb eating style due to my diabetes. Even one slice of dense, high-fiber, low-fat bread can send my blood sugar soaring. But, when I fill out the profile to get my suggested food plan, I get one that is higher carb than my body can handle.

How can I use the foodfit plan and low-carb at the same time. I like the idea of having automatic menu suggestions because this is what makes me falter. I don't want to take the time to menu plan. Yet I can't eat all the carbs that the auto-menus suggest.

Advise?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

pisces2007

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  8:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The idea is to eat whole foods. Cut out eating foods in a package; processed foods. Cut out foods that are white; cut out refined white sugar. Natural sweeteners keep the blood sugar even & don't cause the spikes & crashes. Eating some sweet veggies. Eating whole grains: millet, quinoa, wheatberries...just some of my favorites. These keep your blood sugar even & satisfied longer. There are really yummy ways to spice them up - great w/ veggies. Food really is individual - trying to follow a food "plan" doesn't work for most people.

As you may realize : there is no quick fix - eating healthy does take a little bit of planning but can be very easy & quick; fun even. I show my clients this very thing in a way that's creative & fun! One only needs to be willing to change & try something new.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use