PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 Black Bean Brownies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:

1 box any commercial prepared brownie mix
1 15.5-ounce can black beans

Directions:

Open can of beans
Place can's contents, including liquid, in blender. Blend.
Mix thoroughly with brownie mix. (No eggs, oil or other ingredients needed.)
Place in oiled baking pan.
Bake according to package directions. Cool and serve.

Approximately 100 calories per brownie, which are also low-fat and high fiber.

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator

foodfiend20

5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  9:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really? Just add a can of undrained black beans to a brownie mix? Have you made them? How do they taste? And do they have any of the "bean after-effects" (meaning-- should I set out the Beano tablets along with the olate of brownies???)
Interesting... :)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cometchaser

822 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  01:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
2x4 - you know I love ya and trust ya more than my own blood, but

EWWW!!!!!

EW EW Ew Ew!

okay, okay, I'll try it. maybe.

(ew)

Comet

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

anderson@choicemedia.com

1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  4:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
well? how were they?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

stephroses

2 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  5:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
These are SO good! After my mom showed me this way to make it (she got it from Weight Watcher's) I swear I will never make them the "normal" junkie way again.

BUT, the best way to do it is to drain the black beans (save the can) into a strainer. Rinse all the crap off of the beans (remaining juices from being canned). After you rinse it off really really good put the beans back into the can and fill it back up with water. Then you put it into the blender and follow the rest of the directions. That takes all the junk out of the beans and leaves you with protien and good stuff.

Edited by - stephroses on 12/16/2006 5:43:14 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK - we are having a little potluck here at work this friday. Depending on who volunteers to bring what, I just might spring this on these guys!! I have been wanting to try these! I like the idea of rinsing all the goo and salt and preservatives out of the beans first.

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

linda28904

1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried these type of brownies made with a can of pumpkin..lets me know how they taste??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

shel7435

10 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  02:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Made some today, they have a little bean taste but that could be because I know what they are made of.
I am going to take them to work and see what people say.

Mmm, broccoli...again.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bjurszeni1

3 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  10:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm new...what is "GW"?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mom-of-one

1 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  5:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had these at a Thanksgiving dinner!!! Unbelievable how moist and delicious they were. The kids ate them no questions asked!!!! Hooray!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cookiepam0746

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  9:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send cookiepam0746 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Re: Brownies Recipe With Black Beans Added

How nice to have a recipe that is sweet but healthy with the
beans in it - wonderful idea. Would love to hear more of the same

cookiepam0746

healthyrecipesforhealthyliving.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use