PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 Help please!! What is dredging?????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tript

1 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  6:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am new to the site and trying out some recipes but one of them tells me to use flour for dredging. What is dredging and how do i do it? Please help me asap.

Report To Moderator

jmprgrl74

2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  5:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tript

I am new to the site and trying out some recipes but one of them tells me to use flour for dredging. What is dredging and how do i do it? Please help me asap.

It's just 'dipping'...like if you were making fried chicken, you'd 'dredge/cover' it in flour.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

NatalieDawn

1 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  1:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The official definition from the Food Lover's Companion is:

"Dredge: to lightly coat food to be fried, as with flour, cornmeal or breadcrumbs. This coating helps brown the food. Chicken, for example, might be "dredged" with flour before frying."

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

spunkie

1 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  1:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dredging is dipping your stuff in flour and shaking off the excess

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cookiepam0746

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  2:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send cookiepam0746 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You got it! the infamous term dredging with flour means to coat whatever you are cooking completely with flour or another mixture. So you can dredge chicken completely in flour or dredge it with shake and bake if you wish.
Good luck

From Cookiepam0746
at:
http://www.healthyrecipesforhealthyliving.com

healthyrecipesforhealthyliving.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use