PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Healthy Cooking
 Calorie Counters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SweetC48

2 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  01:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I was just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a calorie
count book. I am not much of a recipe person and tend to bake, broil and grill my foods. But sometimes I am in a bind for time and like to pick up a roasted chicken from the grocery store. Getting calorie counts for these foods can be very difficult and I am hoping that using a generalized calorie count book would be okay.
Any thoughts?

Report To Moderator

maintenant

1 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  10:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
fitday.com has helped me out a lot, good luck!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

wonderwoman25

1 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Calorie King makes a great calorie book that is pocket size. You can order it from their webiste, calorieking.com or find it at your local bookstore, it's around $8. It has brand names, generic calorie counts for basic foods, and restaurants listed. I really love it!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cmakela

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  9:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I really like I prefer Corinne T. Netzerís book The Complete Book of Food Counts. It's pretty bulky, but it you use it at home, it works just great.

www.thediydiet.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use