PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 Calorie Caculator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

blush2422

1 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  1:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!

Does anyone know where I can find a calculator online where I can enter all the ingredients of my recipe and it will give me the total nutritional values?

Report To Moderator

Coontree

24 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  01:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
try chef2chef
I will check some other sites and get back to ya

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MaeEast

1 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  8:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I use www.nutritiondata.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

programmer2be

1 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You might look at www.CalorieKing.com in their food database. They do give nutritional values for food and then you could piece it together.
quote:
Originally posted by blush2422

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can find a calculator online where I can enter all the ingredients of my recipe and it will give me the total nutritional values?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cmakela

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  1:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I found this recipe calorie calculator on Calorie-Count.com:
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/recipe_analysis.php?process=resubmit&count=15

I think it's fairly accurate, but it underestimates a little. I used it to check a stew recipe I made recently.

It couldn't find the Lipton's dry onion soup mix, it used lean, top sirloin for the stew meat (stew meat has more fat so higher in calories), it couldn't find the Campbells Tomato Rice Soup so didn't include the 275 calories for this, it used the calories for regular flour even though I specified Wondra for coating the stew meat pieces (Wondra has fewer calories). It also couldn't take into account the boil-down that happens when you simmer. My initial ingredients were 18 cups; the final product produced a little over 16 cups. So their portion serving was larger for a smaller number of calories. Their calorie count for 16 servings was 210 while mine was 254. Mine is the more accurate.

The only ingredients that they can analyze are those contained in their calorie count database - of course - so that is limiting for many things. I am using the exact calorie counts from the products I'm using then in cases like the stew, I measure the product that
results after cooking.

Course, for many things, it will work just fine.

Hope this is helpful.

www.thediydiet.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

foodsleuth

1 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  1:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Our favorite software for recipe entry with the goal of providing nutritional information is called the Living Cookbook http://www.livingcookbook.com/ the software is super simple to use. You can cut and paste recipes into the recipe form, then the software matches ingredients up to the database (editing will still be required for some items). Create your own cookbooks and it comes with recipes too. We've reviewed many packages and this is still our all-time favorite.
Barbara / GourmetSleuth.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

TheFitnessNerd

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  09:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sparkpeople.com (sparkrecipes.com) has an excellent free recipe nutrition analyzer that does not require you to join (although you may want to -- especially if you want to save the recipe analysis.)

It's the tool that I use to do the nutritional analysis on all of my recipes on Answer Fitness. Very easy to use and accurate based on some auditing I did on some of my own recipes using my trusty pencil, calculator and a sticky note to verify.

You can check it out here:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Cheers!
matt

For more great fitness food, healthy recipes, exercise routines and fitness advice, visit check out my blog Answer Fitness.com!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use