PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Calories Count
 Who counts calories??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mattiehunter

4 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am curious...how many of you actually count calories? Prior to my gaining weight, I never counted calories although I always read labels for fiber and sugar content. I watch my portion sizes (now)and I try to always eat balanced meals. Has counting calories helped? I'm afraid I will get discouraged if I rely on a number.

Report To Moderator

DixieBelle

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I rely on a combination of things. The program that I am on is the Weight Watchers Flex plan...it's one where you count points for everything you eat. It just kind of rolls your calories, fat and fiber into one number. But what I really liked about it was that it emphasized other things, too. It emphasized portion control, reading the food labels, et cetera.

Rom. 8:28

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

memaof2

3 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I count calories. I've lost 45 pounds and I'm at goal now for 8 months. I also try to eat healthy food, not just empty calories. I watch my fiber and make sure I get enough good healthy fat. I also exercise. I want to be thin and HEALTHY!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

labwb

3 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  06:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I count calories.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use