PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 guacamole anyone???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Brandy762002

1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  11:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I would love to have a good, low in everything (if possible) guacamole recipe... anyone got a suggestion let me know... and hey i love this site... i just found it a few days ago but it's great to finally find something like this..
Brandy

Report To Moderator

sgand28

1 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  3:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A good guacamole recipe is when you mix Pico de Gallo (a salsa) with the avocado.

**To make Pico de Gallo:
-One Tomato (Finely diced)
-One small White Onion (Finely diced)
-One clove of Garlic (Finely diced)
-Four Serrano Chiles (Finely diced, but be careful! These are very hot chiles! If you can't take spicy chiles very well Lower the number of chiles you use!)
-One Handful of Cilantro (Finely diced)
-Small tablespoon of salt

Mix all ingredients together with salt. Let it sit for half an hour, then chill if you wish.

**For guacamole:
-Mash avocado, then mix it with pico de gallo to get a very delicious guacamole recipe!

Enjoy!
~Sonia~

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

shygrl2408

2 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  12:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mmmmmm, that sounds good. I've made both before, but never put them together.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bjburtch

1 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  5:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try cactus. I buy a can of cactus (it's cut into strips and "pickled" with spices). Process the cactus in a food processor until smooth and then mash in some avacodos. The cactus add spice, and fiber - and no fat.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Patt2

3 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  1:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you bjburtch. I'd never heard of cactus as a vegetable.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use