PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Job Focus
 Really Good Bosses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jtumbleweed64

3 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  3:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have worked in the school system almost 10 years. Most of the time has been the best. I worked about 5 years in the high school in the upper level of ESL(English as a Second Language). Most of the students were Hispanic, a few from South America and a few from VietNam. I worked very good with my teacher(boss)then she went part-time since they were moving across the state. So I transferred to an Intermediate School (4, 5, and 6th grade). I was pretty much my own boss in the computer lab. Still had the twice a year evaluations like always. Then there was an opportunity to move into a library job which is what I wanted to begin. I am n my third year in the library and the students are k, 1, 2, and 3rd grade. Have been havng medical problems with my hubby and have had to leave work like immediately. Someone is right there to take my place in checking in and out books. I am also pulled out to emergency sub as a teacher when they are short subs. I actually have two bosses. One for the library who transferred me and then the principal of the building. I do not make that much money but really enjoy working with all the teachers and the other helpers(para).

Jill Maria
I am like a snapdragon
part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin"

Report To Moderator
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use