PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Women's Health
 moms and healthy lifestyles...help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tblombard

1 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Okay basic story that most of us share is that a lot of us were healthy before having kids. I've recently had my third and last baby and it seems like I can't find the time or energy to take care of my health after being with the kids all day. Does anyone have advice on what has worked for them?

Report To Moderator

happyone

3 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  9:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tblombard

Okay basic story that most of us share is that a lot of us were healthy before having kids. I've recently had my third and last baby and it seems like I can't find the time or energy to take care of my health after being with the kids all day. Does anyone have advice on what has worked for them?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

happyone

3 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  9:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tblombard

Hello,

I have had 4 children and do remember how hard it was to find time to do the simplest things like take a bath or take 5 minutes to myself especially when they were young. If i may ask How old are your kids? Mine range from 27 to 13 now but man oh man when they were young it was hard. I use to have my own cleaning business and took my kids with me to the homes I cleaned. Really lucky for me to be able to make money and have my kids with me. This was not the easy way though as i always felt torn between the time i had to clean and the time i had to spend with them at each home.
O.K. now down to the things that i found that worked for me.
I would take a break , even 1 minute and i called it play but i used my kids as weights to work out. Lift them, lay on your back and lay them on my shins and lift them, play a song on the radio and dance with them, chase them from one room to another , especially good before nap time to tire them out. I would go in the room where they were playing and lift them and hug them and praise them in any way, I love you, your so smart, look how big you are. They would SMILE which made me SMILE. I would put my youngest on the top of the vacuum and push her and the vacuum around. She laughed SOOOO Hard!!! I would tell my kids they needed to learn how to reach for the stars, so with each arm you reach as high as you can and do this until they get boored, or you get tired. If you have a child that is potty training, take that time to sit by them on the side of the tub, stand up , sit down, repeat until they are done. When you go grocery shopping park as far from the door as possible, before you add any item into the cart lift up on your toes and go down. Believe me you may think someone will SEE what you are doing but even you own family wont notice. You push the cart back to the car and unload it into the car and put all the groceries away with deep knee bends in the fridge for each item.
I know all of this sounds so simple but you know what these are the things that have made me 20 pounds lighter over time. Honest!! you dont have to go to the gym every day to get a really good workout. I have a ton of these ideas. I must admit I don't always follow my own advise. I hurt my leg a few months ago , hurt the ACL and tore the cartlige,I also ended up with tendonitis in my heel so bad i couldn't put Any weight on it for about a month.I have gained weight. I love to walk so this has been SO Hard on me. I couldn't even drive. I just got the o.k. to drive, I'm doing physical therapy and have found this to be so motovating. Please know you are not alone. You do not have to all of the things I suggested or anyone suggests, just try 1 . Know you are worth it, after you lose even 2 pounds and the measuring tape starts to move, It is so exciting. You can do this. I can't wait for spring and warm weather again, Im in Colorado and hate the cold and don't want to slip and fall. I silly me just figured out if you lap the local WalMart a couple times on the outer edges while shopping it is a extra mile. Crazy huh. Only adds maybe 15 minutes to your day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use