PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Women's Health
 acid vs alkaline foods
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lsalesa

1 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
HI there,

I suffer from acid reflux disease and I am looking for some tips/scriptdvise to combat acidity. I have been doing some research online on acid foods and alkaline foods but I get contradictory results with some of them. What would be the foods I should really avoid and how can I change my lifestyle to avoid the pain/heartburn?
thanks.

Report To Moderator

pisces2007

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  9:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
do you know what foods trigger your heartburn?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

carolyn1349

1 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  08:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I too suffer from heartburn and acid reflux. My doctor had me on Protonix,I am off of it now but still take the generic form of Prilosec OTC one pill, one time a day and I am pain free. Losing weight will help us. In the meantime, try to figure out which foods cause the upset, do not lie down after eating and do not bend over. The last two actions cause the stomach contents to come back up into the esophagus and throat. Wishing you the best..carolyn1349

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

soupdragon

1 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  08:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I also suffered from acid reflux for years, and my doctor blamed it on the things I was eating. It turned out that what I had was a gastric ulcer caused by H Pylori infection. A week of antibiotic treatment, and 3 months of omeprazole cured the problem, so if you haven't ruled out gastric ulceration, it might be a good idea to go to your doctor and get tested.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beachhouse112

2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  8:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh man... I've recently been having some acid reflux problems. It's horrible it's makes my whole body feel different and like I'm really sick. pretty much the worst foods to eat while you're having an "attack" are: Tomatos, raw onions, spicy foods, and citrus.

Good luck. Hope you feel better.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use