Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 Sick of Green Salads? How About Three Bean Salad!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

TheFitnessNerd

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  09:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Okay, here's my first contribution to the FoodFit healthy recipes thread.

If you eat a lot of green salads like me, you can sometimes get bored after a while.

One of my favorite alternatives is to make salads with other ingredients as a base: quinoa, barley, celery (yes, I have a healthy buffabo chicken celery salad that tastes surprisingly great) and one of my all-time favorites: beans.

So here's my uber healthy version of the classic three bean salad that I based off from a local Italian joint's free appetizer. It's got loads of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals and uses only healthy fats. It also skips the usual sugar that you'll find in traditional recipes. Would love to have people test drive it an let me know what they think. Drop me comments, feedback and suggestions here or even better ... on my site.

The recipe (along with complete nutritional info) can be found here:

Three Bean Salad Recipe

Enjoy!

Matt (Aka TheFitnessNerd)

Report To Moderator

For more great fitness food, healthy recipes, exercise routines and fitness advice, visit check out my blog Answer Fitness.com!

Edited by - TheFitnessNerd on 09/18/2008 09:27:58 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use