New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Iwilldothis

12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  5:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, I think this is a great place but I am a little bummed out on the very little responses it has. I notice there are a lot of lookers but very few respond. I think maybe we all can do better if we get more active and keep the boards interesting by sharing. We can talk about anything it doesn't have to all be about weight it could be anything like something funny, family, friends a situation. Please join me and create some great conversations! Thank you and together we can do this!

Report To Moderator

wejwdmom

1 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  11:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just signed up, and will do my best to add to the conversation. I have never tried having a support system like this for weight loss, but I have to do something, so am giving this a whirl. I hope that having online friends to checkin with will help keep me motivated! I do great for a day or two, but then tend to backslide. Good luck everyone!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Klynn238

7 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think that is a great idea. After all..isn't that what these are for!!

I never had a problem with weight, until I quti smoking. That is when I began eating healthy and really exercising. I dropped 35 lbs and maintained it for about 4 years. But when I started my new job, I became very stressed out and got out of my routine. I still exercised, but I was letting little bad snacks and foods get back into my diet. I gained 45 lbs in a year!

Within the past 2 months, I have began eating better, and exercising but adding more strength and variety. I have lost 20 lbs so far, and I am really happy about it. But I still have ways to go.

My motivation comes from the feeling I get after I exercise, or the energy I have from eating healthy. The hardest thing for me is getting mu booty off of the couch to go to the gymor go exercise! But I 9 times out of 10 I suck it up and go. And I will tell you - NEVER ONCE have I regretted that I got up and exercised...but 10 times out of 10, I've regretted that I stayed on that couch!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  10:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all,like the rest of you I found this site thought it would be great to have people that wanted the same thing I did {to lose some pounds} I watched the site everyday wrote to people everyone read but no one would answer after a month I gave up on it. I've lost 20lbs.with just my help but would have been better with alittle support.I work 7 days a week at a job making cheese(can't stand the stuff anymore)I've found that walking after work calms me down.I don't eat any white flour,sugar or any good stuff anymore miss it sometimes but losing the weight is well worth it would like to lose about 30 lbs. more but with winter coming may get harder to take those walks days get short and cows have to be fed and checked for new little ones.Wish you all well and lots of success hope you get more answers as time goes on.I'll check in some and maybe you'll make it worth me looking this time.Good luck to all

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mcvrn

2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  9:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was doing a search for healthy recipes and found this site. I decided last night to do something about my health, fitness level and overall well being. I was doing really well and had lost about 10 lbs until the summer- and then I blew it. Now here I go again more determined than ever. The hardest thing is keeping up this motivated feeling- somewhere down the road it always fizzles out. If we could all figure out how to keep that motivational fire lit so we can reach our goal-msybe this time!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm new too! I found the site through an email newsletter.

I'm excited about finding this and hope that through posting and encouraging each other I will develop a healthier lifestyle. I've given up on 'diets.' Diets are for a period of time and work just fine - for that period of time. I have to change my lifestyle. I'd like to do it with you.
beb

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

grannysmith

1 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  6:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm new also! Found it while researching Fat to Fit. I also am starting over again. All the stress I've had the last year and a half has kept me from losing, and gaining a bit more. Now I have 20 pounds to lose. I have no winter weather excuse in California! It's still nearly 100 degrees today, so I still do treadmill instead of outdoor walking. Encouragement would be great. One day at a time. Make one small change every week and make it a habit. Trying to change everything all at once is what trips me up. Good Luck all us newbees.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
TGIF everyone.

Welcome to the other newbies.

Like "Iwilldothis" I too wish there was more posting/responses. All I can say is I am focused and trying my best. I'll probably post more often than most. It may not be daily but I'll post. It helps me. So I'll post and let you know what's going on in my world.

I wish I could get in the habit of journaling. I think it would be beneficial in may ways - weight loss, emotionally, etc. Journaling can involve all aspects of our lives. So I want to "try" to start journaling. I'll probably write what I ate, how hungry I was and my mood. I find that mood is a trigger with me. I'm definitely a stress eater!

I have been working on a walking program. So far so good. I have a dog and try to walk him a couple times a day - before and after work.

I've also found that I really do need to be a water drinker. I tend to retain fluids and if I drink plenty of water I don't have that problem.

So for me - I at least know some things that work.

Are there any Biggest Loser fans here? I watch it. And I also get disgusted because there's so much game playing. But I love the show. I guess the game playing is all part of what draws me to it too.

Have a great day and a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all, nice to see some folks on here for a change.To beb48 I to have a small dog he goes every where I go when I'm outside I have cows to check so instead of taking the 4wheeler I've been walking to check on them I've found Its alot more fun that way the calves come right up to you and the old bull lets my dog kiss him on the nose good for a laugh if you can picture a 30lb.dog kissing a 1800 lb. bull.I learned to write everything that I put in mouth down for a month, was really surprised to see just how much that was started to cut back on the stuff that I new was'nt good for me it really does help keep you on track.I wish you good luck on your new lifestyle.Hubby just got here so better start supper.Have a nice weekend and a even better week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the welcome and the laugh 417harley! How cute - 30# dog and 1800# bull - a kiss on the nose. I love it.

I tell myself it's the little things that will help me and that I need to change - it's a start. I park farther from the office. I don't use the elevator - always the stairs. I'm working on it.

And now for that journal. It's something for me to tackle and I seem to resist it - I'm guessing that's what I'm doing. I can't imagine why. It's just 'for me.' I think journaling is therapeutic in many ways too. I can make it more than a food diary. I can just make it whatever I want to make it - food, change journal for a healthier lifestyle, way to track my 'movements', my moods, my thoughts, my goals, ambitions. Maybe if I personalize it that way I'll get started. OK. Today during my lunch break I'll go out and buy a journal and I'll start using it! Thanks. I'm already encouraged.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

1sherriebear

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  8:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI I AM NEW HERE AND I NEED SUPPORT TOO I USED TO BE ON A TEAM ON A DIFFERENT WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM AND IT CLOSED DOWN GO FIGURE I HAD BEEN A A TEAM FOR 3 YRS. I SURE MISS IT WE WERE ALL CLOSE AND GIAVE ALOTOF SUPPORT TO EACH OTHER I HOPE TO FIND NEW SUPPORT AND BE A SUPPORT TO SOME ONE TOO.
JOURNALING CAN BE FUN I DO IT ON HERE AGAIN NOW I JUST STARTED I USED TO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS BUDDIES BUT THEY ARE GONE. BUMMER BUT I HOPE TO MEET NEW FRIENDS ON HERE. 1SHERRIEBEAR

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Iwilldothis

12 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  12:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow...I gave up and to my surpsise when I returned I see all of your wonderful responses. I have not been doing as good as I would like to. Maybe we all can be each others support and helping hand. I know thats what I want and need. I am so happy to see all of you and together we can do this. Today will be a great day to start!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  5:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,nice to see new folks hope everyone is doing ok.We had our first really hard frost all the outside flowers are gone now.It all most takes your breath away when your walking it is so cool outside all the animals seem to be enjoying the cool weather saw a doe with her 2 yearling at the end of the pasture.The turkeys are still hanging around the pond.I've moved the tredmill back in the house so no reason not to keep walking even if it is cold outside.We got the ok at work to start a after-work workout group we are to bring something that we can all do I'm taking Leslie Sansone's walk slim DVD this should be good for a few laughs as most of them has'nt done anything like this for sometime.I'll keep you posted on how all this works out.Stay strong and have lots of fun doing it.Later!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  9:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys.....
I tended to give up also, no replies gives you a "what the hell" response & so you just throw in the towel. 417harley & Iwilldothis....you both are great! I love hearing about the farm especially. I'm from Wyoming, not on a farm tho, but Mom was raised on one & I've had a lot of time here & there on 'em.
I'm hoping to get a treadmill for Xmas! For now I do lots of walking with my son to & from school, along with our new bulldog, Taz. He's an 82 lb. brute teddy-bear! Anyways, son & I walked tremendously this summer, using many pedometers in the process. I still don't feel up to par on myself, which is why I'm here! Trying to get some feedback to put my ass in gear (sorry, not such an angel in the cuss department)!
Plus, I really need to get hard on myself. In about a month I'm going to be married, again!, and I want to look decent. Nothing special, just immediate family. My Mom is in a long term & we're doing it in the chapel they have, so very small place anyways. Important to have my parents there, who knows how long they'll be around. Mom had a mastectomy Sept 25 & is doing wonderful. She's had 3 major strokes & now the breast cancer. But she seems to be getting stronger, not weaker! I hope I'm as blessed when I get older to be so determined. I need to pick up on that now to get my head together to do some weight dropping!
Thanks for hearing me out girls! Have a great day Weds!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow! I too am so excited to see responses. I need this.

OK folks. I agree that together we can do this. I think that:

1. I will begin journaling today. Right now. I do have a small notebook here at work. I'll just use it. I'll 'make it fit' in my purse. That's where I've had some problems in the past - or at least that's what I've used as my excuse. I'd either journal at home - or at work - it wasn't a consistent thing. I'm going to do my best to journal whatever goes in my mouth, as well as my 'moods.' The moods can be triggers for me! We'll see how that works.
2. I have my tennies with me at work today. So at lunch I'll go out for a short walk.
3. I'll try to drink more water. It's easy in the summer. Then when it cools off, so do I! In other words I forget to keep that water bottle filled/refilled.

Those are my beginning steps. Maybe in my journal I'll make some little note of something positive to myself 'each day.' I think that might help too.

Love the dog walking - I have a Brittany and he loves walking. So maybe I'll walk again when I get home. I had been walking faithfully. Then I had some knee problems this summer and found out I have arthritis in my knees. Don't you just love genetics? There's my mom, sister, brother - and now me. Oh, well, exercise is good for me no matter what.

Have a great day everyone. This is exciting - good luck in your healthier lifestyle.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  1:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey beb48, good for you! I was a major water-drinker too & slacked off as well on that. But I found the flavors you can add to the bottle are a God-send, if the blah just does you in. Also, drinking teas are just as good as water. I'm big on green tea, always hot, in the mornings & I also drink the bottled gren teas by lipton...yum. I find needing to drink warm bevs in winter helps with the need for water. I'm big on coffee too, but more no caff & I have to wean myself from cream & all that. (gotta watch the cholesterol too)

Hey, I'll start checking in every day if everyone else can! We all need a lift to get our butts in gear I'd guess. I'm waiting for it to warm up a tad so I can go out & rake up the yard & maybe run the mower, get it looking decent before snow really hits, along with cold. I dread the cold more than anything....I need the air & sun! At the same time, I need the change of seasons. I couldn't deal with constant spring or summer.

And I know what I'll say isn't exactly good advice, but during winters I try & go tan....mostly for the "sun-ray" hit for a lift. It does help me with the winter blues when it gets dreary constantly out.

Everyone enjoy your day! It's one more day we had than yesterday...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  5:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys,just back from work rough one today my best friend and her husband called it quits feel sorry for her starting all over but she is one tough cookie and I know she'll be fine.My stress relief is also my Harley.I love to just take off and go for a ride and clear my head I don't have to go very far just a few miles but it really feels good to have the wind in my face and to see all the trees changing colors right now.I have a tanning bed jenjs is right it really is a good way to relax makes me think I've been on the bike for a long trip.

I found a diet program on one of our local tv station sent for the program they said to drink 80 oz. of water a day.(talk about floating away) could'nt ride for a mile before needed a PIT STOP. Doc told me no one needed that much water needless to say I did'nt last long on that diet. I've found that I can almost have anything I want just as long as I know when to stop and that I just keep moving.I operate a machine at work that has me lifting rolls of film that weigh 70lbs. 12 times a day.I can go from one end of the room to the other so I wear a pedometer to keep track,most days it about 8000 steps in 8 hrs.

Jenjs, congrats on the wedding just remember even if you haven't lost a single pound by then it isn't what is on the outside that makes a person beautiful it is the person inside and your guy must think your pretty special already. Well better get the cows are a calling should have a new baby with in the next few days.I'll let you known if I've got a girl or a boy.You take care and have a good rest of the week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  10:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning everyone.

I'll check in daily with the exception of weekends. I can try then, but my PC at home is not fast at all. No DSL or cable there - only at work. I'm always here early and I usually check in first thing or during lunch. It helps keep me motivated and sort of 'in line' if I check in.

417harley, you are busy! Work, Harley, cattle . . . When do you find time to rest? That's good though. Sounds like you enjoy what you're doing. I laughed about the 80 oz of water daily. I've heard that too, but I wasn't out on a Harley making pit stops. No way could I drink that much and last very long at all.

Jenjs, I agree about the wedding. It's a special day. Congratulations to you.

I'm short on time this AM. I had to have bloodwork done before work. My MD loves bloodwork! My mom was diabetic and he keeps up with the bloodwork for me for that reason. Seems everything's genetic. So far - so good with me.

I'm off work tomorrow. So I won't check back in until Monday. But I'll definitely check back in with all of you. Let's work on this together. We're a great team!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mcvrn

2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  12:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am now working out at home with weights. We have 3 children so I tell them I am "going to the gym" (in my dining room) and I am there for 45 min with my Ipod. They are only allowed to interrupt if their request is an emergency. It took a few days but now they know this is mommy time. I had a hard time getting to an actual gym so I have a bench and free weights and so I work out in the evening after dinner, the kids are to clean up which frees up some time for me so I can have no excuse. For now it is working. I am still working on the healthy eating part, the weekends are the hardest.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here comes Monday everyone! The time flies huh. Hope all had a good Halloween, all candy.....I know, it's hard. Here comes the holidays!..........It's a tough one to do. But we can do it huh?!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Also, remember to VOTE Tuesday! Lets get this crap over & done...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Monday has arrived. Sure does sneak up on a person.

I had a nice day off Friday, and the weekend was beautiful.

Halloween candy - get thee away from me!

I'm working on my 'healthy lifestyle' and I have started journaling. I am looking forward to this being exactly what I need. My sister told me she wants to lose weight and eat healthier too. She has knee problems - actually just had knee replacement in the spring - and wants to lose weight to help with that problem. So she and I started today. We weighed - her at her home and me at my home - and we reported to each other what we weigh. Next Monday we'll weigh and report "OUR LOSSES!" I'm trying everything to keep myself motivated and working on this.

Have a great week and vote tomorrow!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use