New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  09:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the encouragement. You're right. I know that. The scale can be my worst enemy, and it definitely has been. I can't let it rule.

I have my water with me right now this AM. I also have tea. I decided that's an easy thing for me to do since I like tea. I'll have coffee at home in the AM before I leave for work. Then when I get to work I'll make the switch to tea. That will help cut back there. I already have 3 different boxes of tea here and, as it happens, it's all green tea. I already made good choices there. I have mint, citrus and cranberry pomegranate. I filled my bottle with ice at home and started in with the water. So I'm on a good road here.

How nice that your weight adviser helped you out with foods, harley. Grains. They seem to be extremely important. I'm working on that - the types of grains. It is a little time consuming while you're still in the learning mode, but I'm learning. I'm becoming a label reader.

Have a great day ladies.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here's a list of grains that she gave me-------1 ounce=1 slice of bread,1 cup RTE cereal,1/2 cup cooked rice or pasta,5 whole wheat crackers,1/2 english muffin,6"flour tortilla,3 cups popcorn,1 "mini"bagel. Hopes this helps alittle.I'm having trouble getting 6 oz. of grains down in a day.Guess I'll just have to work on it a bit harder.

better get still have to do the gym weights.

Have a nice rest of the week and a better weekend.And stop being so hard on yourself.Little steps get ther just the same.Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  10:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have never had a problem with getting enough grains. It's the veggies & fruit that's my downfall big time. I'm a huge breakfast eater, all cereals for the most part. I'm big on oatmeal with blueberries, that's become my favorite. I had put back the 3# I did lose, but I'd lost another lb & 1/2, go figure. It's always here or there. Oh well. Once it's decent out, hopefully I can figure a plan out to fit all of us.
I ADORE popcorn too, usually have some each night for a snack. My favorite is the homestyle pop secret. It's a downfall to a point! I can never get enough sometimes.
Hey Beb, good for you on the trying with the coffee!! It really can be a tough thing to cut back on....it is addictive. Best of luck to you!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have never had a problem with getting the grains in either. I too love popcorn. It should be a food group all by itself. Next, nuts. But we've agreed, all 3 of us, that nuts are tops!

Thanks for the list, harley. It does help. I agree that this has to be done in little steps, at least for me it does. I'm not trying to lose 10 or 15 - I have to approach it that way, but we're looking at around 75#. I'm 5' 8". So I can carry a lot of weight and I'm solid as a rock. That good old German stock! That's me. So I'm never going to be small and never have been. That doesn't bother me in the least and it isn't my goal. I want to be healthy and live to see my grandchildren's children. To do that I have to get rid of some weight. We've discussed genetics and what we're faced with due to our ancestors. That's where I'm at - heart and diabetes, not to mention cancer. So eating healthy and exercising is a must for me. Plus, it just makes me feel better.

I appreciate all of your help and encouragement. I really don't understand why we don't have more posters here. You both help me, keep me on track, encourage me. That's what I was looking for!

By the way, I couldn't stand it. I had to get on the scale this AM. I'm already down 3#. So at least I was right. It was fluids. I couldn't think of anything I ate, didn't journal the entire week, but couldn't think of going nuts enough to gain 4#. That's what baffled me.

My wii Fit arrived yesterday. Maybe I'll get it hooked up and play tonight. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  12:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yay!! Get on & go!! Have fun with it, I can imagine. I think you'll have a good time with your new toy. We should be getting the new carpet layed out next week, so afterwards we can go find my new toy. Good! I'm more than antsy to get something going.
Who knows why more don't show up on here. Oh well, we know what works anyways huh! I'm glad you get a umph from coming here & talking to us. Gives me a chance to talk to others, even so I don't leave the house....keeps me fairly sane anyhow.

Otay, need to get going on my laundry. All have a great day!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Way to go on the 3#.Glad it came off.We will weigh in in the morning not sure about this week but feel pretty good about where I'm heading and hope I keep up the good fitness stuff.Hard day at work nothing ran quite the way I wanted it to,maybe better Friday.

Hope the carpet goes smooth and I hope you have fun when you get your new toy.I sure do like my new one.Hope you have fun with the wii,bet the granddaughter will have fun with you when you use it.

Better get the dog wants to go outside.Have a good weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day*****

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  09:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck with the weigh in, harley. You've been doing great.

Jenjs, almost have that carpet laid. Good news. You'll have your own little workout area. That's kind of special too. Makes it worth the wait.

The temps were up in the 60's yesterday, today into the 50's, dropping down to freezing tonight. It so crazy here.

I had errands to run after work last night. By the time I got home, put groceries away (one of my errands), took the dog out, it was 7:30. I still had to eat dinner, and then I was just exhausted. That's a long, long day. I didn't do anything. Today I get off early. We're off early on Fridays. So today's the day to play. I'll be rested at least. I'm so excited to get moving on my Fit and get Fit.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  2:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday Morning.

Of the 4# I gained last week, 3 are gone. Alleluia!!!

I am drinking iced green tea right now. I got my Morton's Lite Salt out. I'm watching my salt intake for sure. Yet, I know too that I'm one of those crazy individuals whose weight definitely fluctuates. I've tried all kinds of diets. Joined Weight Watchers several times, and that is an excellent weight loss plan. However, I can remember one summer weigh in where I gained several pounds in a week. I was shocked, but then I looked back at my food diary (I kept a food diary) and saw that there were lots and lots of tomatoes consumed that week. I do love homegrown tomatoes! But I love lots of salt and pepper on them. I consume a lot of water. I always have, and especially during the summer. So I knew it was the water. Figured it had to be those darned salty tomatoes! Sure enough. The next week I still ate the tomatoes, but I started learning to eat them with a lot less salt as I tried different salt substitutes. The one I've stuck with is Morton's Lite Salt. It's so close to salt - for me. Our bodies are strange. That's why I always say that healthy eating/weight loss is definitely not a 'one size fits all' thing.

It's sunny and pretty here today. Chilly out, but so pretty. I went out for lunch because I had some errands to run. Gorgeous. I feel better on the days I make myself leave for lunch. When the weather's nicer I'll get out and walk around the block if nothing else. It will do me a world of good.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  8:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,weigh in was ok down 2 more.Got a couple new dvds to work out with thought I was going to die off on one of them.I think I'm becoming a junkie on the workouts.I can wear stuff that has'nt fit for awhile.I like that.Nice to dress up once in awhile.

Went to my first meeting of women on wheels(bike group) not for sure if I'll stay with that or not I've always rode with guys not a bunch of women we have a run to Ames Iowa called the log cabin fever run.Never just took off with a bunch of people that I really do'nt know.Have one more meeting with all of them before we go.Guess I'll make my mind up after that.Not sure ole man is to carzy about all of this.

Hope all had a nice weekend and a nice holiday.Talk at you latter.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  8:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good that everyone had a nice weekend. Supposed to be getting in a storm the next 2 days, I better be able to leave my driveway, that's all I know!!
We had a frost & fog the other morning, was so pretty, shoulda taken out my camera (expensive $900 digital job) & taken some cool pics. Could have made for an interesting walk, cold, but interesting.
I like fresh tomatoes too, but mostly on salads. I have to have chicken or like taco meat with em. I don't do salad dressings, mayo, catsup, mustard, gravies, any of that kind of stuff. Everyone says I'm dry & I guess I am! I just don't like all that stuff. I'm a big sucker for the nuts, that y'all know!
Hey, being a junkie on your workouts is a good thing!! More power to ya!! I hope I get that way when, if, I ever get our machine. How's the Wii going Beb? Fun I bet huh.
Be talking to y'all later...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  09:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Congrats on the weight loss, harley. I hope you do have fun on your bike run. Hubby will adjust to it. You have to try new things once in awhile. So you've become a workout junkie. That's a healthy thing to be.

Jenjs, I have another friend who doesn't do dressings at all. She can't stand them because they all contain vinegar. She eats salad plain, burgers plain, you name it. She tends to have problems periodically though because she's involved in different organizations. They have dinner meetings - her order is never right because it's what everyone else has - without the dressings. It really shouldn't be that complicated.

The Wii is coming along nicely. I didn't get a lot of time over the weekend with it - which is when I get most of my workouts in. But I had so many things to do this past weekend, plus I had my little missy. She's a good girl, but she's 3. You both know how that goes. Time. Lots of time involved there. But she won't be 3 forever. I can't wait for the weather to change myself. I'll be able to take walks with her then, and the dog. As it is, I'm afraid she'd get cold, too cold. Then I'd have to get her back home. So we've done some mini walks just in the yard with the dog. We need fresh air.

Have a great Tuesday. I love Biggest Loser. It's on tonight. So I'm going to watch it. If I can't watch it, I'll tape it.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  8:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Harley....have fun on the run, try to enjoy it. If not, hey, always go to what makes ya happy, eh?
I know how the friend feels on getting orders screwed up without dressings & etc. It's like they don't care or just don't listen. How hard can it be?! I hate to go thru the drive-thru for a burger, it always gets messed up.
The week always seems off when there's a school holiday. I get the days soo messed up, it seems like a Monday instead of Wednesday. Oh well.

Have a good night...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  11:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thursday already. Unbelievable. The weeks really do fly by for me.

It's cold again. Flurries on the way to work this morning. Light snow predicted for tomorrow night and Saturday AM. Darn groundhog. Wish he wouldn't have seen his shadow.

Spring is just around the corner though. It will soon be time to go out and play in the dirt, water flowers, fill the birdbath, walk the dog . . . and sweat! It's OK. I'm sick of cold weather.

Harley, good luck weighing in tomorrow.

Ladies, have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  9:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Only 1# gone this week.Tryed to lift to much weight with my knee and blew it out again so can't do all the walking and stuff.Really down in the dumps.Hard to pick back up when I get this down.But got to.

I have another new calf.Snow white little bull.Will sale all the bigger calves next week.Right now the price is up so maybe they will do really good at the salebarn.

We're getting ready to put in new lines at the plant.Boss asked if I would change my vacation in April so that I would be there when the German Tec. are there not sure I want to not my line yet.Needs to make the other operator do her job instead of me having to do it.Oh well just another day at the plant.

Hope all have a nice weekend.We work Sat. have to be there a 5 so better get to bed.Take care till next time.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1# is good, harley. Congrats. I'm sure sorry about your knee though. It is easy to get down in the dumps over something like that. The walking was helping you - not only with weight loss but I'm sure it helped with energy, stress, etc. Just do what you can and look forward. Not much else you can do.

A new little calf. Wonderful. Well I hope the bigger calves do great at the sale this week.

Changing vacations is not a fun thing to do. If you're being asked to do it and the person who should be there doesn't have to change things - or maybe doesn't have to be there - then that effects how you feel about it too. Hard call. I'm not faced with those issues. I'm lucky in that respect.

Jenjs, how's it going at your house? How's your mom doing? I hope you aren't snowed in again. Think spring, fresh air, open windows, pretty flowers, going outside - just walking around the house/yard. That will perk you up!

Have a great day/week, ladies.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  1:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey, 1# is better than none! Good deal. It is hard not to be put in a slump when things had gone so well, but it won't be for long. I have a bad knee too. Can't run on it for sure, or ski (not that I would!). Believe it or not, I messed it up playing football, yes. During a camp I was at....I went one way, it went the other. Ouch. The surgery didn't help it any either. Spent my 1st day in college on crutches. Yuk. Not a fun day. Anyways, go easy with it, but try not to baby it for too long. You probably know all the drill huh.
We get the carpet on Friday....yay! Then we need to do taxes, of course, then I can get the treadmill & hopefully soon. I think I may talk hub in finding a punching bag for me too. I need it a lot! Some days are more frustrating than others with mom & I need to have that release. Man, I could do a lot with that! We'll have to see. This week it's supposed to get in the 50s, nice. I do have some windows open already. Soon I'll be able to take Mom out & look at all the flowers for the yard & all that. Hopefully it can perk her up too. I'll need to find a decent outside chair for her to put on the deck. Then she can sit in the sunshine & be glad she's able to see & hear & feel & smell. Maybe...
I'm glad all of you are well & lets hope the week is a good one. Here comes spring!! Next week is March already...where does it go?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  09:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Playing football!! Who would have guessed. I can't imagine college on crutches.

Carpet on Friday. You have got to be thrilled. That's so exciting. A new getaway for you. Seriously. Won't you just be able to go down there, everything nice and shiney looking, and just get on that treadmill and walk. Listen to a book on tape or music, or watch TV (if you have one down there). Punching bag is a good idea. I don't think they're real expensive. My grandson had something when he did karate. Have you thought of yoga? Meditation might be helpful too.

I also think you're right about your mom being out in the sun. I think the sunshine is very healing for everyone - physically, mentally, emotionally. This time of year is a difficult time of year.

Harley, hope you're doing better today.

Today is payroll day. I have to get busy on that right now. have a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  08:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good early morning. It's only 7:15, but I'm here to start the day. I'm leaving in a little while because it's Ash Wednesday. I had some things I really needed to accomplish this AM. So I thought I'd better get my buns in here. I'll be back, but I don't want to feel swamped either.

I hope everyone's doing OK today - knee's better, sunshine for your mom Jenjs. Spring really is on it's way. I noticed a difference in the sounds this AM when I took the dog out. Know what I mean? The birds sound different. I reealize we could have an entire month of snow yet in this area, but it isn't likely. I remember one year when I was in high school (15 yrs old) and we had a blizzard in April. My lands it was horrible. It was almost up to my waist and I'm 5' 8". So that's some deep snow. Didn't last, of course. But it was a real shocker.

The winters in this area were much, much worse years ago than what we've had in recent years. We always had snow. We don't have that much anymore. I'm not complaining though.

It's sunny and pretty today. It's warming up. It'll be up in the 60's. I can't wait for spring. Walks outside. Breathing fresh air in the daylight. I tend to hibernate in the winter. I'm in and out with the dog, but it's different. Now if we could just get rid of those pesky mosquitoes!

Have a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  1:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, winters aren't near as bad as they were when I was a kid either. We always had snow on the ground, inches of it, til April before it'd start melting. Hey, I like mild winters! But it's no good for the farmers & ranchers & all that, snowpack far below what they should be. Makes it hard to enjoy the lakes too. Seeing 50s in February? Not usually. There was one yr when my gma took pics of a snow they had in April & it was over 2 ft of it, well over that. You never know.
I wish it were more sunny out, it's overcast but decent temps. I have the screen door open to the deck & windows open for fresh air. I hate stuffy places. Like when I'd go see my dad. Ugh! Dead of summer & he never opens the windows at night when it's cool to get some air in....yikes!! I hate that!
Hopefully soon I'll have all my stuff downstairs so I can use some time to walk & pound the begeebers out of stuff! I start to go stir crazy after a bit. I need my release!!

All have a great day & rest of the week..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  8:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all glad everyone is doing ok.Really warm today sunny and just great outside went for a walk afterwork wanted to get the bike out but took the walk instead.We set a production record on my line for the last two days.Feel really good about that.

I ordered a work out DVD the other day it finally came.Pulled in the driveway MuttMutt came running across the yard to see me had something in his mouth did'nt think to much about it got halfway up the sidwalk and thought what the heck has he got -mind you he was really PROUD of his new toy-called him to me and to my shock it was my nice new DVD still in the wrap but with lots of doggy tooth holes in it.The UPS guy left it on the backporch and guess who found it first!!!!Guess he wanted to work out too.15 bucks shot to heck,he looked so cute with it and was proudof it could'nt help but laugh at him.

Hope all have a nice week and a better weekend-we may get 2 whole days off.Sunday will be married for 7 years.My how time flies when your having fun.All take care.Later!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use