New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  12:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all!

I have a site you need to see, it really gets a good hearty laugh from you....we all could use that! My sis sent it to me & I watch it at least twice a day, just for release. Humor is the best medicine & I need major doses of it!!! I hope y'all can enjoy it as much as I do....
http://videos.komando.com/2008/06/04/mans-surprising-laugh/

You'll be crying from laughing so hard, a very good release for the bod!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  11:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank goodness I'm here by myself right now. I have tears running down my cheeks and I may have a wet spot on my chair!! That is beyond a doubt the funniest thing I have ever seen. Isn't he just the cutest . . .

Harley, MuttMutt is lucky to have you for his upright! Now you have to order another one and tell them to ship it in a cast iron box! What a hoot.

Oh, my. I have to get my composure back. Jenjs, thanks for the belly laugh!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  09:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, wasn't it just hilarious? That's my daily drug, it gets me in a better mood. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Got the carpet all layed out, so just need to get the machine. Not soon enough either!! I'm antsy for it already.

Hope everyone has a good Monday....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  10:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hurrah. Carpet. I'll bet you are antsy.

Here we are in March. Unbelievable. But I notice the days are definitely lasting longer. It's wonderful to see daylight at the end of a workday.

Down 1#. I'll take it. I'll take 'down' anything and be thrilled.

Busy day here at work today. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And this Sunday we change clocks again.....I hate that. Wish we'd leave it just as is. Next wk I hope to have the equip so i can get a move on going. How's the Wii going for ya beb? Bet it's a kick huh.
Haven't weighed myself in a bit, just don't want to. Maybe scared?! Just don't feel very Uhmphy about it I suppose. Maybe I'll become more motivated the springier it becomes. But the time change really messes with my internal clock. Really messes up the poor little ones too, I always hated dealing with that!
Found out dad was taken out of town for some treatments at a larger hosp & he never told anyone til he was home. He got a handful when I got hold of him. There were 3 days no one was able to get hold of him. Scary. Things have got to change & soon. May have another roomie then soon. Give me strength!!

Everyone have a great day...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Wii is fun. I'm enjoying it. I haven't been on it as much this week because I've had things to do in the evenings. Meeting one night. Painting class one night. Tonight might be the night I'm able to get back on it. I've also been trying to walk the dog more. I have a fenced in area for him, but he's been digging it up. There's a mole - or moles - out there and he wants to catch it! He's a Brittany - a great hunter, or a would-be-hunter.

The eating healthy's going OK too. I'm still not eating meat for Lent. I had a little on Sunday, which is the one day 'allowed' for me. I think this might be good for me. I'm feeling really good. I don't eat a lot of red meat, more chicken than anything. But I love a good burger. Yum! I say it's good for me too because I'm trying different things. I like that.

Back to work. Have a great day. Oh, and Jenjs, you must have been terrified over your dad!! Boy, I'll bet you'll talk to him and get him straightened out on letting someone know where he is. I would have been so afraid.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
TGIF once again.

Good luck on the weigh in today, Harley.

Hope you get your equipment this weekend, Jenjs. It's gorgeous here. I hope it's nice there too and you can get some of that fresh air you've been craving.

I took a walk early this morning, before 6. My granddaughter was awake already. her mom gets off at 6 AM. So we took the dog for a walk 'in the dark.' She thought that was so cool. She kept saying - stay here, Tucker. Don't let the fox get you. Don't get in the street. The cars will hurt you. It's a quiet neighborhood, and there are woods at the end of the backyard. I have a lot of wildlife, including fox. So she was taking care of her dog very responsibly. At 3, she's growing up fast.

have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  9:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,lots going on around here with spring just around the corner.Sold the bigger calves this week they did really good.Still have the 2 new babies and kept back 2 of the bigger heifers to replace a couple of the older cows.Got the pastures fertlized friday.Sowed grass seed first of the week in the pastures.Been working on the yard all day today.Cleaned out 3 flower beds and picked up small twigs and branches that came down over the winter.Have flowers in bloom and its warm enough to have the windows and doors open at 8:30 pm.Been about 72 all day.Son said all the flowers are up that we planted last fall he seems eager to see them in bloom.I hope they turn out really pretty for him.He took some old metal buggy wheels and placed them in the flower bed.Looks pretty good.

Set a plant production record 3 days in a row last week. Then broke that record Friday buy a whole lot more.We had the weigh in Friday our group lost 72 lbs.I lost 24 Pen lost 27 and Con lost 21. Not bad for a bunch of fat ole ladies.My boss and his group lost 74 total. Don't know how any of the other did should know Monday when we go in.

Hope all have a nice weekend and a good work week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  12:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Congrates Harley! That is soo great for you! I bet your psyched about the loss huh? I sure would be, no questions about that.
Spring is way off for us around here. We'll be getting in a storm tonight & thru to Tuesday, planting is a big no no til end of April, if even then. Winds have been 40+ the past 2 days, so no way is there a chance to go in the yard even if I wanted to, not with winds like that.
Next wknd we may be able to get the equip, I sure hope so. Have to do a waiting game on some stuff before we can do that & I hate that. Good way to drive me batty for sure.
I was worried sick on dad & now mom had a terrible night last night, no sleep for the wicked in this house. Worse than a new baby, ugh. And nowhere near as pretty smelling as a new baby!! Or cute, or cuddly..

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  10:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yahoo Harley!! You are doing fantastic. All of you are doing wonderful. What a great feeling. More energy, and maybe a new wardrobe for the summer!

Flower beds sound terrific too. Love the wagon wheels in the beds. They look so pretty. It was warm here too. Had the furnace off all weekend and the house opened up. Then it started cooling down last night and I had to shut the house. But it was nice while it lasted and the house smells good. it's in the 40's today.

Jenjs, you've had your hands full for sure. I agree. There's nothing like the sweet smell of a baby, the softness, the cuddliness. Wonderful.

Guess you heard the news down in my area. The Maryville shooting of the pastor yesterday AM. That's me. That's here. I don't live in Maryville, but it's 10 minutes from me. I can't believe it. There is still no news on why the guy shot and killed the pastor. He's still hospitalized (the shooter). I'm not sure if the 2 members who fought him to get the knife from him are hospitalized or not. he shot the pastor at the end of the sermon. Just stood up and shot him. The bullett went right through the Bible, shattered the pages. The pastor was taken to the hospital and died. The shooter and the other 2 were taken to the hospital. I don't know if they are still there or not. The mother of the shooter said he had lime disease, problems since them, meds. I don't know if he was being counseled by this pastor or what. No idea. But that was a whole lot of trauma and excitement for this area. I just can't imagine what those people went through who were there. Think about the kids who were there too? They're little and don't understand that this was (HOPEFULLY) an isolated incident. The world is sometimes a crazy place.

I lost 1# this past week. Slowly it's coming off. I'll take slow. I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

have a great day and a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  2:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wondered if you were around that shooting or not. Wow. Now church isn't even a safe haven. People are strange & more & more scary. When my oldest was only a few mos old, we were living in the same town as my folks then & next door to them during the night one night there was a murder & suicide right there. The folks were gone the time they think it happened. But I had gone over to see them the next day, it was a Sunday & there were all kinds of cop cars in the front of their house. There was one cop that came over & asked em questions & everything. Hard to be comfortable even in your own house any more & that's wrong.
After this week I'll know if we can get out equip or not, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We have snow today, only 12 out right now. So much for the 60s we had last week. I did open all of my windows then too. I need to get some kind of clothes line for the backyard so I can hang sheets on the line, I love that smell of fresh sheets from outside. Reminds me of being a kid.

Lets hope this week goes fast!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  8:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can't begin to know what all those people felt like had to be such a shock tosee all that happen so fast.When my step dad shot him self that was way more to have to see then anyone should ever see had to help mom clean up everthing,scape off the walls and toss out the bedding see was alot stronger then I was about it when stuff dripped on my hands I lots it she just kept telling me move to the door were almost done just keep moving to the door.Don't ever want to do that again.

Still not sure who won the contest they are waiting for Thursday Quailty Meeting.I think everyone had fun doing it.Not sure what the next contest will be maybe find that out same day.

Rained here today,went for a mile walk after supper grass is getting greener each day.More fun walking in the timber and fields then on the treadmill fun to watch the dogs hunting for stuff to chase.Hope you get your equipment soon jenjs,and I hope the wii is still fun.I'm ready for a break for a week or so to see if I can hold the weight loss.Worked to hard to just let it get back.All take care**********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  10:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You both had scarey experiences. But, harley, you had to help clean a suicide mess up! Oh, my gosh. I can't even imagine how horrible that was for you. I don't know if I could have done that.

It really is a shame when you can go to church, be comfortable in your home, go to the mall, feel safe in sending your kids to school . . . the list goes on. There are multiple shootings all the time now. Yesterday's news had shootings in Alabama and Germany - multiple shootings. It's sad.

Jenjs, I love to hang sheets outside too. I used to hang everything outside whenever I could. I especially like it when there's a 'nip' in the air. You bring that freshness indoors. I love to hang my curtains outside too. Even freshens up blankets. Oh, yes. I love doing it and I agree - it reminds me of my childhood.

Harley, good luck to you and your team on the weight loss challenge. It sounded like a fun time. Maybe they'll start up something new now.

Got to get to work here. I'm leaving at lunch to get a hair cut. That always makes me feel so good! A little thing, but I feel better afterwards. My hair grows fast too. I have an appt. every 4 weeks.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Monday morning, ladies.

It was a pretty weekend here. I got in a little walking, but I didn't get in enough. I gained a pound. I know why too. It was all my fault. I love McD's fish filet sandwiches. Since I'm on this 'no meat' during Lent, I caved and ate a sandwich 3 different times last week - and not just the sandwich. I had fries too. I know better. Now I'm paying. So I kicked my butt and I'm working on this week being a healthier week! I can certainly make a big push in that direction anyway.

Easter is approaching. I don't buy a lot of candy for baskets. I think I'll buy a couple pair of shorts and tops for my little one. I want to get her a watering can too because we have plans to plant pumpkins. Her brother is 16. He might get a game for his Nintendo DS and a gift card to Walmart. I have to think on that. I never bought my own kids a lot of candy for a basket. I always did other things. For the little one I think bubbles and chalk will be good fillers too.

Hope you both had a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,really great today lots of sunshine.We had to cut down one of our old trees out back it was starting to die and did'nt want it to fall on anything.My son dropped it just perfect between the fence post.Ordered some fancy leaf caladiums for the garden.Need some texture in one spot.

Have a trip to St.Joe friday for the store,should be fun.Get to go see the new machine in the morning,boss moved me to the other line to try and get more pounds out this week--joy-joy-hate that line.Hope all are well and everyone is enjoying the warm days.Will ride the bike to work in the morning.better get dog wants outside.Take care------------

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  09:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy St. Patty's Day. I have a green spring sweater on. So today I'm Irish - as well as German. Actually, I do have some Irish in me. While dad's mother's family came to the US from Germany, his father's family came here from Ireland. Lots of parades in this area. One in St. Louis last Saturday, as well as Belleville IL. Today there's one in Dogtown (St. Louis) - big parade, big deal. It's an Irish town and they call it 'The Ancient Order of the Hibernian's St. Patrick's Day Parade.' This has been going on for 20 years now. I have never been to that parade myself. It's a big deal though. Dogtown is in the Forest Park area - that's the St. Louis Zoo, Science Center, Muny Opera Theater, for anyone who's been to St. Louis. Of course, this sort of thing goes on all over. It's fun and it seems to hit every year during Lent - which makes it a nice celebration too.

I'm back on track as far as eating goes - thank goodness!

Another gorgeous day here. It will get up to 80 today. It's low 50's right now. I consider this perfect weather myself. I love it. Wish I was home playing around outside rather than being inside.

Got to get moving. I have a meeting at 10. So I have work to get done before then.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  1:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Holy crap...to 80! I won't see that til June. Oh well. Soon it'll be spring here, tho later instead of sooner. We did get to the 60s yesterday, which was nice.
Right now I'm at a standstill..dad was flown to Billings on Sat night, his kidneys are now shutting down. He's in ICU & they're trying to stabilize him, his heart rate is way low & BP as well. They try different things with his meds & that screws up all of his vitals to stabilize, so they're kinda at a loss as to what to do next. Hubs went up early Sun morning, can't leave mom. I hate not being able to be there. None of the other sisters are going up & I'm mad as hell at them for that too. If I saw them Id slap em right off. My mood sucks today! I hate being in this position. I feel like I can't do anything for anyone, specially the folks. But I'm more mad than anything at the sisters. Roar!! I'd sure as hell drop everything if I could. But, I'm not able to so I had the hubs drop everything. And that's ok, dad loves him to death. He can help to lift his spirits anyways.
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. That's always a plus on top of gorgeous weather. And everyone wearing green? Today is older sis' birthday too, but I could care less about it right now. Evil aren't I?!

Hope all can enjoy the day..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  12:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, jenjs, I'm so sorry about your dad. But don't say you aren't doing anything! You are taking care of your mom. You can't be in 2 places, and you can't leave her. So you feel helpless. I understand that. I also understand the being upset with your sisters. That too will pass simply because they are your sisters. But there again - you aren't there but your hubby is. What a great guy! So good for you. Hold your chin up and keep going. That's all you can do. You are definitely not evil.

80 yesterday is not the norm for here either and it was one of the most gorgeous days we've had in ages. The temp is dropping again today and we're going to get some heavy rain now. But we won't have much 'cold' weather now. We could, but it isn't likely. Alleluia.

I did wear green yesterday. It's fun to do stuff like that. Gosh, the little things in life; huh?

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  3:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ooooh boy. What a week it's been. I'm having oldest son come home this weekend so I'm able to take mom to the dr on Monday, he has to since I don't have a car here to use. Besides, she'll like seeing him for a little bit. Maybe she'll perk up a tad, if even for a minute. Dad's still in ICU, his heart is only at 30% capacity & he's not being honest about anything going on with his health to the drs. Roar!! Why hide anything? Makes no sense. I guess younger sis is going to try & see him this weekend, miracles do happen. Sorry, still a bit peeved.
Still waiting on equip, would be super to have right now, I tell ya. And a punching bag. Man, I'd kill for one right now & beat the living crap out of it. I'd get my $$ worth that's for sure.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  10:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I honestly think you can get inexpensive punching bags if that's what you really want. I know my daughter didn't pay big bucks for one for my grandson when he was into karate. I say that because she didn't have big bucks to pay for one - not many do.

How nice that your son came home to help out. I know that he had to due to the car situation, but still . . . your mom will enjoy having him.

I just returned to work today. 3 days of painting fun and I loved it. It was wonderful. We're planning a trip in August for a painting convention there. We'll stay a few days and take some classes there too. Fun stuff!

And as I expected, I'm up 1.5#. I knew I would be. I don't eat right when I'm eating out lunch each day, plus they brought in donuts, bagels, cream cheese . . . candy. My intentions before leaving home each morning were terrific. Then my willpower didn't hold up long at all. But I'm back on track.

Now back to work. have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use