New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did see that wal mart carries the small portable bags for kid karate, I'll have to look. Oldest got home yesterday, good thing. They closed the roads not long after he got home. So, it was good he found a ride when he did. Now, we have to wait to see when hubs & dad can make it back. Hopefully all the big storms are done. I can take an inch or two, but this foot stuff is enough. It's the norm tho for spring around here.
It's always hard to eat the way you'd like when out of the norm. Tho, if i were the one up with dad, I wouldn't even be eating & I already know that. Instead of eating things I shouldn't I just don't eat when I'm feeling over-stressed. I've had a few days here like that when I didn't know how it all would go. It hasn't done anything to me weight-wise & right now that's the least of my worries. But i love coming here for a repreive & hear what's going on. Gives me an escape for a few minutes.

Hope all is well with everyone

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a week! It's been different. I'll say that. It's also been extremely busy.

Jenjs, hope things settle down in your life soon. Hope you get that punching bag and the elliptical soon too. You need to be able to relieve some of that stress.

I've been going home and just crashing. That isn't good at all, but boy this has been an exhausting week.

Unlike you when I'm stressed I eat - anything and everything that's available. Fast food. Sandwiches. Chips. You name it. I'll eat it. That's horrible!

Today is a calmer day and it's TGIF. That means I get out of here early too. We close by 2:30 on Fridays. The corporation I work for is owned by people of the Jewish faith. They're wonderful, fantastic people - it is family owned. They're the best people to work for too. I'm so lucky in that respect and thank God all the time for them. My boses are especially terrific. At any rate, their Sabbath starts at sundown on Friday - sundown Saturday. Thus, the closing early. Sundown is not, of course at 2:30 - which is closing time. It's later, but they have to get home. There are other things they do in preparation. A majority of them are Orthodox Jews - that means they are more strict than the others (so to speak). One of my bosses is Conservative. That means - he'll drive on the Sabbath and, if need be, answer the phone. The others don't - nothing whatsoever that can in any way be considered 'work.' They live close enough to their synagogues that they walk - no driving. Interesting. I like to learn about their faith. I'm Catholic. We 'share' concepts of our religion quite often. They are very respectful of all religions - as I am.

So much for my rambling. Hope things improve for you soon, Jenjs. Hope things are OK with you too, harley!! have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  10:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi gang,finally have a day off.Its raining about 37 degrees cold and wet but its not freezing.We finally got our BIG PRIZE for the weight loss contest.Our team won so for first place we got a 3 dollar pedometer and a little lunch box made in china.We all got a good laugh out of it.If thats what our company thinks is a really great prize and would hate to see a bad prize.Oh well glad the weight is gone anyway.

We have been working on the new line for 2 weeks,the Germay guys are really nice fun to learn different things about them.We have to go pick up there food for lunch that has been hard to do they won't eat fish,hamburger,mexican,chinese,very little pasta,french fries cause they are to soft don't like our rolls or bread cause its to soft,no baraque ribs,no beans don't care for salads so far the one thing we have found the like is a really thin crust pizza with pepperroni,onions,hot peppers NOTHING ELSE.They drink pop but it can't have any ice in it has to be room temp.Oh yes they also like Jack and coke a whole lot!!!!
They want to go see graceland (that really surprised me)they don't seem like the Elvis type.Oh well it's been fun.

Glad all are ok and hope everyones families get calmed down so you all can breath a litle.Take care and enjoy the spring**********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  11:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is funny Harley you mention the germans....hubby is full-blown german, born & raised there. He does like fried chicken, so you may try that. They're big on sausage, if you know of a place that has like the foot-long sausages or some kielbasa they'll do that. He's a big all meat pizza guy. They do prefer like sourdough breads, kinds you can get at bakeries that have specialty breads, otherwise toast all the bread. Or go to Quiznos or have em try the Dominos sandwiches, hubs loves the philly. I'm surprised they don't like fish, but it has to be decent fish, not that crappy filet o fish, ugh. I wouldn't give it to the dogs. They do like Jaegermeister too, very much so! It is funny the differences in cultures. They could probably go for dark chocolate too, milk choc is too sweet for em. If you can find a place that has crunchy curly fries they do go for that, Arbys are usually good, hub loves them. Or stock em up with a good breakfast with hash browns that are crispy, lots of meat. Try em all, let me know if they go for any of em. Be interesting to find if they all are pretty much the same. Hubs loves spaghetti & most pasta, that's a surprise that they aren't into pastas. I'm german too & I love the noodles. Very much a weak spot!

That was fun! Hope all have a great weekend. We're supposed to be getting another big storm tomorrow night...again. Geez, I'm ready for summer if this goes on every other day..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  1:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And with the smoked sausage - sauerkraut! I went to Rome about 10 years ago and they don't do ice there either. You have to request it. I love ice! Interesting how the cultures are different. Our breads tend to be more 'doughy' unless you go to a bakery.

I just love pasta! Can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

Of course, I'm sure it's just been an excellent learning experience for you, harley.

Wow! What a prize your team won. But, like you said, you lost the weight. That's a big plus. Anything lined up for the future?

We had snow, 4" Saturday night. It was gone by mid-afternoon yesterday. Unlike your neck of the woods, Jenjs, it's unusual for here.

Spring is coming. Supposedly it's here already. The weatherman doesn't know it yet!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  8:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
still doing pizza,they went to one of the local german towns bar and had supper they ate steak and burnt french fries.They are such fun to work with they have got use to me they seem to think I'm just one of the guys now.Motzee is the youngest one he laughs alot and winks at you when hes being silly.Charlie is the oldest knows lots about the machine and kye is the quite one first time in the states.They have bought 30 pairs of Levis jeans the say they cost $150 in Germany so they are stocking up.I like it when they feel at ease around you so much more fun and makes it so much easier to learn the machine.I've had lots of fun with the crew thats over at the new machine.Get lots of dirty looks from some of the ones that can't go over there but just to bad for them maybe they should have taken there jobs alittle more to heart and they could have been there too.

Been working in the flowers waiting for the bulbs to come that I sent for.Had a new bull calf Sunday.Saw her off by herself about 2 then by 4 looked like she could start anytime then by 6 she had feet showing by 6:45 I went to see if she needed help she was down had stopped pushing she let me get behind her so I set down and started to pull on the feet got the head out then couldn't keep a grip on the slimmy feet did'nt have anything to use for a rope so as always I found a way!!!!I took off my long sleeve shirt tied the sleeves around the feet(Major screw up no bra on-note to self always wear bra when checking cows)and started pulling finally got calf to give alittle and she started to push ended up with a slimmy wet calf in my lap one of the neighbors saw all this asked the old man if I had found a new way to feed the calves.You would think after all this time I would learn not to do things like this cause I always get caught at it but my thought was just don't let it die if anyone has'nt seen a pair of boobs by now out my way it high time they did!!!!!

Well thats how my world is going hope yours is going as good.Take care and enjoy all life has in for you,till next time.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  09:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, harley. I'm so glad I made time to stop in this AM. I got the best laugh I've had in awhile! I have this vision . . . Too, too funny. You are a real hero though. You're right. The important thing was not to let the poor cow suffer and/or die. Goodness. Now you're a 'midwife' to your cows. What a hoot.

I ordered and am waiting for some things too. I ordered cinnamon ferns, foamflowers, white bleeding heart, Fiesta daisies. There's a local guy who has an annual hosta sale. He has several varieties. I want to go to his sale the first of next month and buy some. Near the woods in my backyard it's so shady, but hostas are gorgeous. So I thought I'd buy some of his beauties. Now if the weather holds out on weekends for me to get them planted I'll be happy. It should be nice soon. I'm partial to daisies, all kinds. They're hardy and they're sunny, smiley (yes, that's what I think of) flowers. I also love small, short creeping type flowers as fillers. I have a ways to go. I have so much that I want to do. I promised, and will keep my promise, my 3 yr old GD that we will plant pumpkins. She talks and talks about it. She says - tell me, Gramma, about the pumpkins. We get shovels. We'll paint the pumpkins (that's what she really wants). It will be a fun thing for us to do and watch together.

On with work now . . . Have a great day

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  09:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One more day this week. I hope my flowers arrive and that I have time to play in the yard on Saturday. Showers are arriving on Sunday, or so they say.

It's gloomy out right now. We'll have rain later today. April Showers . . . what can I expect? Everything is coming to life now. The grass is turning such a pretty green. My tulips, daffodils and hyacinth are coming up. My peony trees and peony bushes are full of new life and new growth. I just love it.

I've been working harder on eating more healthy this week. Last week I did just fine until the weekend hit.

I see that April 8th is National Start! Walking Day through the Natl Heart Assn. If you're interested here's the website: StartWalkingNow.org. I'm going to check out the website. I might participate.

Got to get to work now. Have a terrific Thursday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  6:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Our new healthy deal is walk,running,biking for this contest at work don't think I'll do the one at work no way will they be able to track what someone is doing on running and such and I don't trust most of them to tell the real story about what they really do.

I moved some flowers around last night Hubby is going with me to Lowes Sat. if its nice to pick up some flowers.Found a pick-up for my sons birthday for $1500 its a 95 his birthday was April 1st having is dinner at my moms on Sunday.He said his tulips and lillies are up has some purple tulips in bloom he seem to really be enjoying the flowers hope he likes the truck,his old car is about to lay down and die somedays it will start somedays it won't guess he better be happy with whatever he gets if he does'nt want to walk.

Got to teach a class at work so better get started on the slide show and all that fun stuff.Have a good one******

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have fun at Lowes tomorrow, harley. I think the pickup sounds perfect for your son's b-day and I'm sure he'll appreciate it. He needs it and he will appreciate the fact that you thought of his needs and are willing to help him out.

So you have a class at work today. What fun!

It's nice here today. But more rain, changing "possibly" to snow, is predicted for Sunday. I just want spring. But compared to Jenjs' weather, I just better not complain. You have winter a long time!

Can you believe we're only a week away from Easter? I sure can't.

Back to work. Have a great weekend ladies.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh yeah, we're expected to get another 5 to 10 in of glorious snow tonight, have winter storm warnings out. I'd love to have real spring, but not til the end of May. Really. I don't dare try to plant until at earliest mid May. We'd be lucky if our lilacs didn't freeze. Those are my favorite flower of all.
Folks are all here now & settling in. Have had a few days of dad's meds not reacting well so we have to have the nurse redraw some blood for another workup. He actually has a bit of color to him today, which is always a good sign.
My days all bleed into one, so I don't know when weekends are here anymore or not. Hope all enjoys it anyways..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  10:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. You definitely have your hands full with taking care of your parents. It really is a shame your siblings don't help. But, as you said, that's another story.

5 - 10" of more snow. Oh, my lands. It's snowing here right now - but it's like flurries. There's nothing on the ground and if it did stick it wouldn't stay. You have long, long winters there.

I did a little extra cleaning this weekend. I hate to spend all of my time on the weekends cleaning. I shouldn't complain. At least I get a weekend. But I did some extras. Extra dusting. Moved some things to clean.

Saw a couple of friends at Mass Saturday night. They want a 'girls weekend' and I said 'YES!' They'll work it around my daughter's weekend off. She will have to find someone else for Friday night because we plan to leave on Friday and come home on Sunday. We haven't set the date yet, but we want to go before Memorial Weekend. We'll head to the Ozarks. It will be fun.

I better work. Need money for that girls' weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning, ladies. Here it is hump day already. I'm off Friday. So I have a 3-day holiday weekend. I'm certainly looking forward to it too.

Watched Biggest Loser, I love that show. There is so much game playing at this point though. Doesn't seem to matter. I 'have' to watch it. Just have to.

It's a pretty day here in southern IL today. I hope we have a nice Easter day too. All the little ones sure look forward to finding eggs outside, the big egg hunts, wearing pretty new clothes. We can hope. Jenjs, you'll probably have snow! I hope not. I hope things are calming down a bit in your life.

Well, ladies, in case I don't get back in here tomorrow - and I'm going to try - have a great holiday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  4:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hoo-boy!! A full weekend huh? What a treat! Who knows when I'd ever get that again...

Easter coming, as far as I can tell it should be at least 40, so decent. No snow forecasted anyways, fingers crossed. Tomorrow I'll do all the shopping I need instead of Friday. No school then on Fri & I don't want to do it with all the screaming kids around.

Dad is still thinking of going back home after recovering, not a good deal, since he has that thing placed in his heart that'll shock him if his heart acts up. It could make him unconscience (sp?) & he could easily knock himself out. Plus who would be there to call 911? He has a lot of decisions to make, not easy ones either. Anyways, I'm not sure if things are calming, hubs is now laid off so we have to re-figure a lot on that also, since the folks are now here & I guess it's always something huh. He'll have much to do here at the house now with the honey-dos! It'll all work for the best I suppose, even if it seems not. All for a reason....

Everyone have a great eve & if I don't have a chance, enjoy the Easter weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  08:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, have you thought about one of those bracelets - you know a medical alert bracelet - for your dad? What about your mom? Would it work for her too? That's even if they're right there with you. I tried that with my mom but she wouldn't go for it.

I'm sure sorry to hear that your hubby is laid-off right now. Let's hope it's for a short period. In the meantime, just like you said. There's plenty of honey-dos to go around. It might be a nice little break for you.

Easter in a few days. I can't imagine. The time is flying. Then next month it's Mother's Day and memorial Weekend. Then we head to 4th of July, and the kiddies are back in school before you know we had summer! Amazing. But that's actually how fast time flies for me.

It's a beautiful morning here in Southern IL. Crispy cool. Kind of refreshing actually. I have my car in the shop this AM. Oil change, some little things. It's neverending actually.

I'm off tomorrow. So Happy Easter to you my friends!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ladies,RAIN-RAIN-RAIN so sick of the rain.At least it has'nt been cold enough to hurt the flowers.Everything is up and looking really good.Went buy my sons his flowers are so pretty right now.He sent a vase full home with the hubby for me friday look really pretty on the table.He really liked the truck brought tears to his eyes.

Had the last 4 days off they are taking out the old line and the new one should be in place to start up Monday morning.Will be a long week with everything going on.Had vacation but boss talked me into changing it so I would be there for start-up.Plant in South America is talking about taking our old line.Boss said make sure my passport was up to date may have to go set the line up and show them how to run my old machine.Hubby not to happy about that idea does'nt want me to go there.We'll just have to see how it all plays out.Better get long day tommarow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  10:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Monday Morning. Hope you had a wonderful, blessed Easter. How quickly the holidays, days, weeks, months fly.

We've had rain, rain, rain here too, harley. But I hate to complain since our buddy Jenjs has snow, snow, snow. One problem. I'm having wiper problems! The car's at the mechanics this AM. Fortunately the driver's side has been OK. But the passenger side stopped. I really need both wipers to work. Oh, well . . . things don't run smoothly all the time, some of the time, sometimes hardly ever; right?

South America. Hhhmmm. I can see hubby having some problems with your leaving, harley. But you have the right attitude. Wait and see how it all plays out. Let's hope you don't have to leave, or need to leave. Hopefully the new machinery will make your work a little easier.

It's gloomy/rainy again today! But the past 3 days were very nice. My 3 yr old GD had a blast finding eggs. Oh, the little ones. They make holidays so special.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  11:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Time does seem to fly the older ya get, I've noticed that big time the past few yrs. Had a decent Easter, as I hope y'all did. Man I'd love to get rained on!! Another big storm is expected midweek & they say we could get up to 2 ft come weekend...I'll beleieve it when I see it. Never know around here! But, it is only April & we get snow clear til June sometimes. I expect at least 3 more snows anyways...
Well, if everything went the way we'd like, it'd be pretty damn boring wouldn't ya say? When my crap hits the fan, it does so usually in 3s, can almost plan on it. I'm hoping I'm done with mine for a bit..
As for the weekend eating, well, I had my share of yummy ham & all the goodies, including some candy. I love the reeses eggs, any of the cups too. I love em, but my tummy has a major problem with peanut butter. Ever since I had my gallbladder removed it's hard to tolerate it, same with lemonade (love it!) & O.J. (love it too). Same goes for watermelon & cucumbers, which I find odd.

All have a good week ahead!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Life w/o peanut butter??? Oh, no. I love it. It adds pizzaz to bananas, apples, celery, toast, crackers . . . I could keep going. I don't have to have large amounts of it. Oh, I'd love to, but I cut way, way back on portions. But it's just delicious. I agree with you about lemonade and OJ too. Watermelon and cucumbers bother your stomach - I would think they'd be easy on it. Interesting. I like both of them too. I love cucs just fresh, out of the garden. Eat them like a pickle. I can eat a lot of watermelon too - and then hate myself as I drag myself out of bed throughout the night. Oh, what I have done to myself over the years! I amaze myself.

Glad you had a good Easter too, Jenjs. I like Easter because it's 'easier' than Christmas and it's a nice time of year - as a rule. You can't say that in your area. 3 more snows!! Oh, my lands. I'm glad that's behind us. It's gloomy out again today. It's a typical April. Lots of rain. It's cool today too. around 50 or so.

Have a great day friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  10:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Into work early and out of work late.The Germans are here for 3 weeks everyone has lots to do.They are going to come out to the house after work when it warms up and is sunny so they can shot the guns at targets.If you don't belong to a gun club they say they can't just go out and shoot so will cook supper for them while they get out of the motel room and have something to do .Told them they had to eat what ever I cooked no bitching about it.Really nice guys they can't say my name very good so they just call me Harley.They talk to me and one other guy but not much to anyone else they say no one but the 2 of use talk to them or even so hello.Odd bunch of people that I work with most not worth talking to anyway.

Got some of my bulbs today will wait for the ground to dry out alittle,hubby making a raised bed for me so I can plant more flowers.

Peacocks all have full tail feathers all fanning out trying to catch the female they call back and forth to each other all day and half the night I hear them so much I don't even hear them half the time but let someone come thats not use to them and they drive them crazy with all the chatter.One of the guys at work has a 14 year old daughter that wants a horse he can't afford to buy one right now so I'm letting her use my filly.I'll miss her but no time to mess with her like I should.All little girls need a horse sometime before they get to interested in boys.

Have a good hump day***********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use