New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  12:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jenjs,sure is to bad that your sisters won't help out any with the folks you really need a break.The place is a tiger sanctuary they have 5 tigers that they raised from little ones they will be 8 years old on the 20th of june.The place has some new cats saved from other places that could'nt take care of them anymore.For 75$ you can feed the cats and put them into there pens.Not sure if bebs has been there or not its about 30 mins south of where she lives.Will have to find out if she knows anything about it.

Foxy the new little pommie that was dumped off got to close to a skunk family last night boy does he smell.Good thing it was the little ones that got him and not the mother.

Perfect weather for the bike rides took off yesterday put about 150 miles on it just driving the backroads not many cars and pretty things to see.I like those kind of rides the best just gives you a way to clear your mind of all the junk.Better get to nice to stay inside.Talk to you in a few.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you're able to go for a few rides! Sounds like fun, the sanctuary for the tiggers, that's what we've always called them. I'd love to be able to do something like that.
Them skunks can be real boogers with pets! Were ya able to clean him up or not? That's a chore & a half right there too. Not much fun for either of ya!
We had a bully of a storm last night, had the tornado sirens go off twice, tho never had one actually touch down. Made everyone go downstairs anyways. It was full of electricity for sure, a few times we saw what looked like the start of a rotation, but it always went back up in the clouds. Out of all the yrs being in fairly tornado-friendly terrain, never have gone thru one, knock on wood! Hubs & I were talking about how bad it would be if there was one & the house got ripped up, after we changed all this stuff now & painted. We're lucky on it this time!

Hope all had a great weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  10:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Don't like the storms lost one house to a tornado a few years back it was a rental house sure do'es make you sick to have to sort though all the trash left just to find a few things left.One of the girls at work last year got hit by one her and her husband almost made to the bathroom she got in he did'nt found his body about 1/2 mile from there home nothing left at all she was in the hospital for 2 weeks she woke up in her field,was a really bad deal but she's pretty tough came though it and stll smiles at everyone she passes in the halls.

We have 6 baby skunks in the shed where my bike is had to roll it out and not start it so they would'nt spray it.Mother died and we have the little ones left.Ran water down there hole they came out 1 at a time grabbed them by the tails put them in a box wildlife rescue group going to take them.They may smell but they are so cute.They ate 1/2 can of wet dog food and some strawberry yogurt.They stand and stomp there little feet at you and pounce at you if you don't back up takes them a while of telling you to get away before they try to spray you.Never a dull minute around here.

Have a good Monday will check back when I can.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  2:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome bluegirl. Keep coming back. We talk about (as you can see) all kinds of things. We do include healthy eating and exercise too. But we're also 'friends.' Welcome and join in.

Harley, so sorry about Cloud. It is hard and they do become part of the family. Tucker's part of my family. He welcomes me every single day - rain or shine, smiling or grumpy. He's happy to see me come home. If you got a marker for his little grave for $26, that was a deal. Have a good week off work.

Jenjs, hi there. What a shame that you haven't been to the zoo in years. I love the zoo. The St. Louis Zoo is big, big and wonderful. If that's where you're coming harley - wow! Enjoy. It's west of me. If you know of tigers south of me, I'm scared! I don't have a clue where you're talking about.

I was off Thurs/Fri. I'm taking off Thurs/Fri this week too. Played around last week. This week I'm taking a short trip with painting friends to the national convention. I'm not going to take classes, but I'm going for the trade show. We can buy supplies so much cheaper at trade shows. Plus, it's fun to get out and go with friends.

It is rainy and gloomy here today. The weekend was pretty and I sure enjoyed it.

I'd better get to work. I just finished lunch, but after being off for a couple of days the work sure piles up.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The tigers are in Bloomsdale Mo. State route Y called the National Tiger Sanctuary punch it into your search and it will show you different pictures of the tigers they are just beautiful.Its about a 5 hr drive for me one way close to 300 miles.I want to touch one but don't think they let you but you can get really close to them to take pictures.

Been brushing hogging the pasture this afternoon almost bedtime so better get,all take care and have a good week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  11:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No idea why but I didn't even see the posts yesterday about the skunks. P-UUUUUU!!! I agree they're cute as can be. So are the raccoons that keep getting in my trash - even with bungie cords! Smart little guys.

I have not heard of the tigers in Bloomsdale MO at the sanctuary. I'll have to check it out on the Internet. It might be a fun place to take the grandkids.

We are into heavy rains/flash floods, storms - once again. This is getting old!

Babs

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  5:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Woof, yesterday was a very long day, took ma to her pain dr appt out of town, a 3 hr drive. But now he comes to town every month, so we don't have to do that. We had to wait over an hr for her to leave a urine sample, they refused to let her do that next appt, idiots. I'm glad she had a decent day tho, didn't have to worry about her being in too much pain.
It's nice & in the 60s-70s, a few showers here & there, but next week summer is supposed to really hit from the sounds of it. Haven't been able to go weeding since the storms come thru when I have a chance.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  12:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm back from my few days off. Those days go so fast, but I certainly enjoyed them.

Glad the appt. went OK with your mom, jenjs. You've had nice weather and it's unbearable here. The heat index is around 110. No relief in sight either all the way through Wednesday. We've had storms, heavy rains, hail, you name it - oh, tornadoes very close to us. None here fortunately. But the rains are horrible. Can't keep up with yardwork and the weeds are thriving.

Nothing new really to report. Just busy as usual. Had a wonderful time at the painting convention. Bought brushes, like I planned. One of the brushes was $23 at 40% off. That was, thank goodness, the most expensive one I bought. It's for painting 'lace.' We're going to do that in class and the artist does all of here work with only 2 brushes - one being the 'great buy' of $23. Yikes! I love it though.

Got to get busy with work. Just wanted to check in.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  10:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good that you enjoyed your weekend! It's getting into the 80s so summer is now here. Yesterday we had a lot of wind, but it kept it very comfortable. I had hubs put in our window AC in the kitchen, best place to have it. I can stay comfy anyways now when I cook. I still refuse to turn on the oven when it gets so damn hot, even with AC.
On fri I had to take hubs to the ER, he was having horrible stomach pains. He was making me think it was a start of a heart attack. Even his BP was 189/96, too scary.....cold sweats, vomiting, way too much. They never found anything. I made oldest son come here anyways just in case hubs needed to stay in the hospital. He left this morning. At first he was upset about having to come, but I had to give him an earful about being not so selfish.....must run in the family. He ended up being glad to come after all. He's the closest one I can call when something happens & I need help & he's still over 2 hrs away.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  10:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope your hubby's feeling better, jenjs. That had to scare you to death, and him! My first thought was appendicitis.(sp??) Glad your son came and that the situation with him turned out positive. Kids. Sometimes they are more self-centered. In his defense, he's still young. You need help and you need someone to call on. Your husband has been great in helping you out with your parents - when your own siblings refuse to help. He's a good man. Glad he's feeling a little better. Glad they didn't find anything wrong. I'd be very watchful of him though.

Hot here again. Heat index up to 110 once again. It wears me out without doing a thing. I hate this weather. Well it's actually the humidity that's so draining.

Hope things are OK with harley too. Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  10:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The horrendous heat continues. I've become a water guzzler. It's just awful.

Harley you're into this heat too. MO doesn't appear to be exempt at all.

Jenjs you're having the better weather now. You put up with that snow for a long time, but now you have gorgeous days.

Just checking in with you. I have to get back to work ladies.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Morning everyone! Woof, I wouldn't be able to take the humidity, too much. Summers here are decent, just hot at times but very little humidity. Dry heat is easier to tolerate. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a place that was 75 all year round? Dream on...
Hubby is doing much better now. It's weird, but he really must have gotten a bad bug. Others at his work had it too, but he had no idea they all had the same pains, very strange stuff. I had that before a few yrs ago too, but mine lasted days not just 1, which would have been nice. Still didn't know what it was either.

Everyone have a cool Wednesday..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  09:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning. We're having a cool wave. The temps will be low - mid 90's today with a heat index of 'only 100.' That is definitely better than what we've had.

I agree with you, jenjs. A dry heat is so much better than the humidity. 75 year round would be a dream come true. You could open windows. No heat. No AC. Life would be easier. But you know what. There would be something else I'd find to complain about rather than the humidity then.

It's so hard for me to believe we're half way through the year already. Next Tuesday is the end of the first 6 mos of the year. Time goes so fast.

Glad to hear your hubby is doing better. There are some strange viruses that go around.

Better get back to work. It's been hard to exercise with the weather like this. I feel it too. I'm stiffer and not much energy. That's life, huh.

Have a terrific Thursday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yesterday the youngest & I went to our weekly movies in the afternoon, it was nice to get out. I could tell when we walked how I hadn't done that in it seems forever, which is not good. Wish I could get out more to do it. This summer is definitely more different than last year!
We got to 90 yesterday & even so it was still nice to get out. I think today I'll do more weeding, get some sun, get out any frustrations on the weeds!
I know, soon it'll be Christmas again already. Wasn't it just March?! Holy crap times sure flies anymore.

Enjoy the day!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  10:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday ladies. The weekend just whirled past me. Unbelievable. It was a good weekend. Started out so incredibly hot, but yesterday it cooled off and today it's even nicer. It isn't 100 anymore!!! How wonderful.

I filled up the bird feeders. My birds love me again. Found one on the ground and broken. It's those darn squirrels. They're so greedy. I do love watching the birds. The hummingbirds came to the feeder yesterday and Saturday morning that hangs from my sunroom window. They're little wings flap so fast. The bluebird has not returned. I keep looking for it.

Jenjs, I'm so glad you got out to go to the movies. What did you see? My grandson and I went to see Night at the Museum - the second movie. It was good. I enjoyed the first one too. My granddaughter is only 3. So some movies just would not appeal to her until she's a little older. Although she might have liked that one. There was a lot of action. I wouldn'ttake her to anything other than something more animated. I believe there is a new Alvin & the Chipmunks coming out for Christmas. She loves them, and so do I.

I'm off Friday this week since the 4th falls on Saturday, my normal day off. So I'll have a 3-day weekend. That's nice.

On with work for today though. Have a great day and fantastic week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  5:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Weekends always go quick. I was able to meet up w/an old friend from HS this weekend, was a treat to get out of town for a day! Had to check on the folks' house & found a bad leak in the roof, nice I know. So the master bedroom has to be redecorated totally; paint, roof, carpet, the whole bit. Years ago I told him he needed to have it fixed, listens well huh? Now it's a have to, not maybe. And the heater needs fixed, the bathtub & kitchen faucet, the main doors, you name it. We replaced some glass in some windows that needed fixing at least 8 yrs ago, it just piles up.
We do the movies every week. Last week was Kung Fu panda, not bad. This week is Hotel for Dogs, he really wants to see that. I just go for the popcorn!! And get out of the house for a few hrs...You should go see "Up", it is soo cute. That's a good cartoon for the younger ones. Heck, I loved it!
The 4th is just another day around here, since our outings are fairly limited. It's a bummer. Youngest would love to go camping, fishing....sounds good, but impossible with the folks. That's the sad part. I do know one thing: once the folks are passed, I am not going to just sit around all day, I'm gonna be more active & do a lot more stuff, hubby included or not. I do think that's why the folks are so bad off, they never did anything really. We rarely did a lot of things when I was a kid. If we did it was a big deal, I know that. I need to stay occupied & active, that's the bottom line. And no better time than in the summer.

If I don't get back, all have a great 4th & be safe...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  11:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Too bad about your folks' house. That 'fix and repair' stuff can get really costly. Start with one thing, end up with a whole boatload of problems. Sorry about that.

It was great that you got away to see an old friend. I find what happens is the years just fade away and it's 'old times' again. Wonderful.

We don't do much either for the 4th. I'm sure my daughter will take the kids to see fireworks, although they actually went this past weekend for fireworks in a neighboring town. She said the little one just loved them. She mentioned buying some for home when she gets paid Friday. I hate to do that. It's - in my humble opinion - striking a match to my hard earned money. I won't do it. I'll spend a few bucks on the snap'n pops, things like that. That's it.

I've been thinking about a gas grill. Had one years ago and just never got used to it. But the more I think about it I think I'd use the grill more if I had a gas one. I saw one that wasn't too costly at Home Depot - $199. We'll see.

Take care. Oh, and I saw the previews for 'Hotel for Dogs.' It looked cute. I've heard 'Up' is wonderful, especially for the younger kids. Thanks for reminding me of that one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  2:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Been super busy here. I'm finishing up my lunch. Just thought I'd pop in and wish you a happy holiday weekend. Enjoy!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  3:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beb, this may be a bit strange, but I had a dream that was supposed to have you in it! In the dream you had short brown hair & was wearing a parka, a blue one. But you were funny! You had come to Wyo to meet up & I had a big ol spread with lots of land, which I don't, & we were goofin around in the kitchen doing some kind of crafty thing; which I don't do really either. It was very strange! But fun.....Last night was a long night anyways, little sleep.
I will be making homemade ice cream on the 4th, that's been a tradition since I was a kid. I think I'm the only one that still does this kind of stuff, not any of the sisters. Like every Saturday night, that's hamburger night. No ifs ands or buts. That was dad's mom's deal, so that's where we got it from. We also used to have rolls on Sundays for breakfast, but I stopped that years ago, even before firstborn came along. I like tradition things, keep things going, hopefully they hit someone's heart to keep going. But the ice cream is a definite.
A gas grill is the way to go, makes for good eatin too. Way easier to start up, don't have to wait for the coals to warm up. Course you don't have the same flavor, but it's still good stuff. I could grill every day thru summer, but ya run out of ideas real fast. You really should get one, you'll love it.
The movies was yesterday & it was good. On Sunday we'll probably go see Ice Age 3, I love those too. Sunday is my birthday, so it's my idea to go see a movie. Hubby has to sleep after noonish for work, he goes in at 7 that night, so youngest & I will go. Won't be a total loss for the day!

Everyone have a safe & great holiday!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Ladies,been really busy here with putting up hay man was it hot 100 degrees for almost a week finally turned on the ac so could sleep at night.2 of the german guys were back for a week they left today.
Hope your hubby is still doing ok really tough when you don't know whats wrong with them always afraid of the worse.
To hot to cook like you I use the grill alot summer or winter that way the ole man has to help cook once in a while.
Lost 1 of my baby calves just was way to hot and did'nt get enough milk for the first day mom did'nt milk very good had to put her in the headshoot and hand milk her to break the seal on her tits (that was lots of fun).The little skunks got big enough to let go they were fun to watch miss them alittle.The peahen has 4 new babies she brought them up to the back porch tonight looking for dogfood she really likes the dry dog food.
Hope all have a nice 4th and everyone stays safe.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use