New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, what a dream! My hair 'was' dishwater blonde. Almost brown, but not quite. It got darker and it's pretty grey now. I used to highlight it, but when I noticed the grey coming in I decided to simply let it go. Wyoming is definitely a place I've wanted to visit for years. And crafts, why that's right up my alley.

I too love family traditions. There are some things that I don't like to change. Homemade ice cream on the 4th - what a neat tradition. I think that by keeping the traditions alive we keep some of those family ties alive - not all, but some.

Harley, sorry to hear about your calf. I didn't think about the heat effecting the mother's milk. Certainly makes sense though. That's funny that she likes the dry dog food. We have been having some major hot weather - until the weekend, when it rained and rained. You're close enough to me that I know what you're talking about. It was horrible.

We went to see 'Up' this weekend. It was so cute. I saw that Ice Age was playing too. I love all of those Pixar movies. There's a new Alvin & the Chipmunks coming out on Christmas Day. That will be neat. I love Alvin and the Chipmunks.

It was wonderful having 3 days off. I could handle that every week.

I have decided to get a gas grill. I'm glad both of you are in favor of them too. I saw one that's reasonably priced and was going to buy it on Friday, but I have to get someone with a truck to go with me - or ready to pick it up.

I better get busy here. I'm at work and it piles up with a day off.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just finished typing something and it disappeared! So this will be short.

Jenjs, love your dream. Wouldn't that be fun? I too love traditions. Making homemade ice cream on the 4th is a great one as far as I'm concerned.

Harley, sorry about your calf. That's such a shame. I would not have thought of the heat effecting the milk. Makes sense though.

I've decided that I do need a gas grill. It will be easier than the old charcoal one and I can use it all winter too. Of course, I 'could' use a fire-up/charcoal one too but it would be more work. I could keep the gas grill right outside my sunroom. If it's cold, I could just step back inside. Piece of cake! Aren't there things you can put in those grills to make the meat have a more 'charcoal' taste? Or possibly rubs for meat would work. At any rate, it will be healthier and I'm working on that aspect of my life.

Have a great week. I have to work!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By golly I found the original post!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  7:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thought you'd get a kick from that dream. I always dream strange ones but somehow they make sense. I knew you liked to do the crafty stuff, I'm not into that stuff but I think some would be fun. Lately my dreams seem all too real, kinda scary actually.
Should think of visiting Wyo sometime. So many beautiful places to see! We've camped in Yellowstone in August before & it got into the high 30s for the low at night; CAMPING!! It was a bit nippy! But it's fun.
Good deal you're getting a grill, they're so nice to have. You can buy wood chips to soak & put into the grill for like a mesquite-flavor.....yummy. You'll be glad to have it.
Did you have a fun weekend? The ice cream turned out yummy of course. Course it's a plus to have it for my bday (it was yesterday) too along with cake. I decided on a red velvet cake this yr, but it was way tooooo sweet, for everyone. So next yr I'll go back to my cheesecake. Did the regular dogs & burgers for the 4th with tater salad & all that jazz. I only do the burger & a few chips, not fond of the salads ie tater & macaroni & all those. And..over the weekend I gained 2 lbs back of course. BUT....I did get a treadmill finally for my bday!! So I've hopped on it every day for the past 2 days & I'll start doing it twice a day now. Wooohoo! I'm glad to finally have it.

All have a great week, tough to do after being spoiled with an extra day huh, makes it harder to go back to work...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a morning already. Turned my PC on, the monitor - but no monitor!! Without it I might as well go back home. No kidding. All of my work is on the PC - and today is payroll day. Yikes!! After fussing and fuming, it turns out it was a loose cord. I kept messing with it and got nowhere. Called one of my friends in and he got it right away. I was ready to have him switch monitors for me. Alas, I'm smiling again.

Yes, I sure did get a kick out of the dream.

I'd love to come to Wyoming sometime. Wyoming and Montana are 2 places my sister and I have talked about traveling to. There's also lots of history there. My cousin and her husband took a trip out west a couple of years ago. She refers to it as 'God's Country.' She even gets teary eyed thinking about it. So one day I'll make it.

Cheesecake. You mentioned my favorite! I love it.

I'm so glad you got y our treadmill. Perfect b-day gift. And, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Nice time of year for a b-day too.

August and high 30's. I can't imagine.

Have a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  5:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Thursday.

The workday is 'almost' over. It's already after 4. Been a busy week, which is good. Tomorrow is TGIF. It's been a pretty week and getting warmer. We have predictions of storms for the weekend.

I read something the other day about green tea. Drinking 4 - 5 cups a day can help you lose 'more weight.' Interesting. I'm a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy tea. I enjoy it more in the fall/winter/early spring - when it's cool. I like it in the evenings. Although I've made ICED green tea this summer and I love it. So I thought I'd pass that little tidbit on for you.

I've been eating more and more veggies and fruits. I hope that helps me lose more weight. So far I'm down 2# doing that. Now if it just continues.

I hope you're both doing well and enjoying yor week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  10:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've been drinking green tea now for years, at least a good 6 if not more. I always have a hot cup in the mornings & usually a cold bottle or 2 during the day, the nestea bottles of the diet. I love em. Dunno if it really does much for the weight, I just like the flavor & it's not too caffeinated, just enough. Doesn't keep me up if I decide on a later drink. It is supposed to give a boost to the metabolism.
Watermelon is my big deal for summer. I could eat it all day, specially when it's so hot. This year tho, we haven't been hot really yet! I'm not complaining tho...far from it! It seems more like indian summer & here I figured it'd be an awful hot dry one. Not even close yet & it's already mid-July almost. My favoite is the fresh corn on the cob, I'm a big corn girl anyways..
Great for losing 2#!! I gained 2 last weekend alone, with bday & ice cream & goodies, I didn't care. Now I did get a treadmill for bday & I've been using it every day sometimes twice a day. I used it right before going to bed one day & I shouldn't have, perked me up even tho I was tired. So no more night walking!
Took mom yesterday for a cat scan & the dr called back & we have to go in for an appt next week to see him. I'm gonna be a bit peeeved if he says there's nothing found on it when he could have easily called to say it. It's not the easiest thing getting her up & down our stairs to go outside, so he's gonna get an earful if the trip wasn't really needed.

Everyone have a great weekend coming up & harley hope things are ok for ya..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I love the diet Nestea in the bottles too. I sometimes buy it and leave it here at work in the fridge.

Fresh corn on the cob. I've had some already and I'll get more this weekend. Then there's the homegrown tomatoes. Oh, yum. Cucumbers. Watermelon. Cantelope. I love it all. Those are the best things about summer as far as I'm concerned - fresh veggies and fruits. I'd like some blackberries. That sounds wonderful.

I'm leaving in about 10 mins for a haircut. I love haircuts. Every 4 weeks I get mine 'shaped up.' I wear my hair sort of short. So it gets unruly if it isn't trimmed often. Just makes me feel better about myself. So I do it!

Nothing too special going on this weekend. Some things around the house, might grill!!, paint a little, play a little, read a little. Ahhh, weekends. Have a great one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  7:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to see everyone is still here.Sounds like everyone is doing fine.Been alittle busy here.Dr. on Monday to remove a place on my arm that won't go away have not got test back yet.Dentist on wed to replace a cap I lost.Thursday ran over Foxy the pommie while looking for new calf with the 4-wheeler dislocated his back leg out of his hip socket.Picked Foxy up from the vet Friday has a sling and on pain meds.will take him back on the 23rd.he looks so messed up I cryed for hrs.Will go back to my Dr. on the 20th to have the stitches removed from my arm.

Been warm had rain off and on hubby been bringing hay off the fields and putting into the barn.Had a new bull calf he is grey with big black eyes and big black nose.

Found a place that my Insurance company is doing on weight its The 50 millionpound challenge gives you 30 days of meals and its free.

Better get the dog is wanting to eat so better feed him while hes hungry.Take care and have a good week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!! Glad to hear from you. You sure have been busy. Sorry to hear about your arm and I pray that everything turns out OK. Poor pommie. He's having a rough time of it too.

I'm so sick of rain. I shouldn't complain. There are 'dry' places that would love some of it.

Hey, that's neat about your insurance company. Mine sure doesn't pay for anything like that.

Hey, jenjs, how's it going with you.

Gorgeous day here. Right now it's in the low 70's. So strange. It will warm up and the humidity will creep up by the afternoon.

I have to get home early to meet the plumber. With all the rain my washer is draining just fine, but it's backing up (sewer lines) into the basement. have to get the plumber with his 'snake' in to do magic. My guess - the neighbor's tree roots are growing in leaps and bounds with all this rain and they are wrapped around my sewer lines outside. The cure - have the plumbing company dig up my front yard, take out the old clay pipes and lay new ones. Uh-huh, that's a costly remedy!!

Better get busy. I'm moving a little later than usual here. Had Internet problems first thing this morning. Life is good; huh?

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck with the snaking we had to do that a few weeks back only we rent one for the day and we get to have all the fun.I run the control while hubby pushes the snake in.SO MUCH FUN!!!!

We have had lots of break ins around our area the last 2 weeks,16 boats were lotted at the marina,1 bar and 2 small stores.Ours finally got broke in Sat. at 10:00 pm all the alarms went off the cops were there in 8 mins and we were there in 10 they did'nt get anything I guess they were surprised by the alarm cause they left there duffle bag,tee shirt,&gun when they fell though the soffet on the roof.Hope they broke there neck.Would loved to have seen them running like scared rabbits.Have all kinds of finger prints so maybe will get lucky and they will catch them.

Like you it cloudy and about 78 outside but won't last long.Have a good work week and stay safe.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  7:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to see you back harley! Hope all goes well with the arm, that can really mess with your mind, the not knowing. Just like with mom, we go in to the drs on fri for her result from the cat scan & I assumed that we'd have just gotten a call if all was fine. But I do think her cancer spread & that's why we have to go.
It's now getting into the 90s, but in afternoons we get a few showers. This yr we're 2 in. above in precipitation, everythng is green & not browned out already like usual. No fires like we always seem to have, I love all the green. Someone said when flying into the state it looked like Ireland instead of our dried out flatlands. August may still be a scorcher.
So beb did you try your grill? Like it? I make up steaks yesterday on ours, yummy. I'm usually not to good at the steaks, either burn em or make em too pink (I like em pink). I'm having to find more no-salt recipes for dad. The lasix he takes for the water works against his kidneys, so now I really need to de-salt even more. I tell ya, it's a bad deal all the time!! It's tough finding no salt products to even work with.
I've heard of that 50 million pound thing, saw it the other day on tv. It's online too if I remember right. Hey, I did lose that extra 2 or 3 lbs from my bday so I'm back to where I was. Hopefully I'll get on the treadmill more & do a bit better.

Everyone have a super week....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  10:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Break ins. Now that's scarey stuff. I agree, harley. Hope they broke an arm, wrist, ankle, something. With all the fingerprints, you just might get lucky. What scared me the most was the word 'gun.' That's serious. It isn't just a break-in. It's armed robbery.

Yep, I've tried the grill. Haven't done steaks. I'm not real good at that either. I tend to make them too done I think. I need to cut back on my time. I grilled some chicken, another time some hot dogs. I love the hot dogs on the grill. They're delicious.

Met the plumber. Oh, I can't imagine doing the snake thing myself! Yuck. But I might need to consider it. I spent $493.67 yesterday! That was for Mr. Snakey Poo and a new sprayer on a faucet. Ridiculous. But what can you do? Can't have that back-up in the house either.

Another gorgeous day here. Watched some of the All Star Home Run game last night. It's right in my backyard. Today it's the All Star Game. They'll shut down part of the interstate. Pres. Obama is coming in to throw the first pitch. Last night there were around 47,000 people there, and they looked pretty packed outside the new ballpark too. It's great for the city of St. Louis. I can't imagine how much money they're raking in with this event. 15 mins away from me, but I wouldn't even venture over there in that crowd. I have a great seat in my living room!

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  7:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
much better just to set in the living room and watch the game.No lines to the bathrooms and plenty to eat with no waiting.You have alot of fun stuff to see in st.Louis been there acouple of times always had a good time.

Had a big write up in the paper about all the break ins.Hope they can find them and get them away from allof the folks out this way.

Hope all goes well with your mom at the Dr's.

have a good one hump day tommarow (maybe not for us talk that we may work Sat.& Sunday)All take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  10:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yep, it sure is hump day.

It was exciting last night. Boy am I glad I work on the IL side of the river. They shut down part of the Interstate - from Lambert Intl Airport to downtown STL. Figured they would have to do that. Pres. Obama was coming. Showed pictures of snipers on the upper portion of the ballpark. Of course, there were FBI, Secret Service, police from everywhere, guards - all over the place. Lines to get in took over 45 mins because security was tighter than usual.

It was exciting to watch Pres. Obama land at Lambert in Air Force One. Oh, I've seen it before when other presidents came, but this time it was for baseball. He came out the door, put his hand back and out comes Willie Mayes! I don't Willie knew he was coming to the game until that afternoon. Of course, I thought - we can spend money for stop offs like that? Apparently so. Obama was dressed in jeans, tennies and a White Sox jacket!! It's known that he's a White Sox fan. He is from Chicago. I'm thrilled he isn't a Cubs fan. Boy there's lots of rivalry there. The Stealth bombers flew over and we could hear them. Went outside and we could see them. All that separates me from downtown is literally 'the river'. I'm right off the interstate and high on what we call 'the bluffs'. So we could see it. Flew right over eventually. I'm guessing they have it at Scott Air Force Base - which is near O'Fallon IL. It's about, oh, 20 mins or so from my house. I had my son at Scott. My ex was in the Navy and stationed on a ship - out at sea (He wasn't my ex then either.) So I had him at Scott. Big, huge, major league air base.

So the excitment winds down now. Tonight is my painting class. I'm happy with that. Have a salad and some diet white tea for lunch. I'm working on this healthy lifestyle.

Have you ever heard of Walker Tracker? I just heard about it. It's online. It's free. If you use a pedometer, you might like it. I have a pedometer and keep forgetting to wear the darn thing!! I'm going to put it by my purse. I need constant reminders for everything. So let's see that helps me. I'm going to check out Walker Tracker too. Of course, the American Heart Assn. has different things going on all the time too - free. You track steps/mileage there too. As well as womenshealth.gov. You might like some of those websites. There is a lot of health information, free trackers, just different things.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  9:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Woof, what a deal with the pres. It is kinda exciting, but not really worth all the costs of it. I'm sure there's a lot of extra security just for the fact he's the 1st black pres. I could see how some deep south folks that live in the 1800s still would be offended & feel that whacking him would do good. People are strange & live strange lives. Case in point: look at the break-ins....people living strange lives. I would be willing to bet it's due to drugs.
Walker tracker, I've heard of it but forgot. Youngest & I walked like mad last summer & did over like a million steps between the both of us. Who knows what I did with the pedometers, we went thru at least 5 & I have no idea where they are.

Friday's coming!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you're still interested in keeping track, pedometers are really cheap. I think you can find one at Walmart or Kmart even for $10 - $15. I checked out the site and I might start tracking again and use the website. Free is good!

Yes, tomorrow is TGIF. Of course, there's always lots to do on the weekends, but I don't have to get up and rush to get ready to leave for the day. I have to take the dog to the groomers Saturday morning. He has got to be groomed, nails trimmed, fur trimmed. He's a Brittany. He sheds. I have a friend who has a Brittany and hers doesn't shed. Mine does. Plus, he gets just as hot as I do. I say that because when it's hot he'll come in from being outside and lay right by the register and snooze away in that cold air. Of course, in the winter he isn't thrilled with being out much. But I think I'll grab my pedometer and walk him - and my little granddaughter can take her babies for a walk in her little stroller at the same time. it would be good for us.

I have osteoarthritis in my knees. No biggie and it's common with aging, but I find that moving helps. When I sit for any length of time, like at work sometimes, I am so stiff and it hurts like the dickens. So walking is great. I did belong to a health club, but I didn't use it enough to warrant the expense of it. So I dropped my membership when my time was up. I have the Nintendo Wii too. I need to use it!

Later.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm starting to get some arthritis in my knees also I think. If I sit on my legs (which is often, a bad habit from childhood) & then try to get up, it takes abit to get em going. My right knee I had surgery on yrs ago & they didn't do a very good job on it, gives out a lot. I always have told the boys I can't run so they never got a mom that could run much, chase em around. I'd try, but it would always give out on me.
Tomorrow til Saturday I'm taking mom to go see her oldest sis about 2 hrs away. We'll see how she does with that. I'm having to do a lot more with her ie with her washing, bathroom trips, eating at times. So I wonder how she'll be doing in a different place.

Hope everyone has a great weekend..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  10:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck with your mom, jenjs. I hope she does well with the trip and the change. Change, as you know, is so hard sometimes.

What a shame about your right knee and surgery. Ouch. I was never good at running with good knees. Even as a kid I wasn't 'into running.' I did run, of course. I played ball, hide n seek, all kinds of things. But running for the sake of running was not and is not me. I admire runners though. What stamina!

It's gorgeous here. The windows are open at home and will remain that way - hopefully - for several days. It's only in the 70's, lows to be in the 50's. Perfect. I love that fresh air. I'll take any day over the A/C. Better financially and I love the fresh air smell in the house.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  10:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick check in. Hope everyone's doing well.

Harley, hope your arm's doing OK. What's the scoop on the break ins? Any news?

Jenjs, hope things are OK at your end too with your folks. How's the elliptical?

I think I'd like to go see the new Harry Potter movie. I'm taking off all next week. I just might do that. I have some things I'd like to do around the house too, but we'll see. I might do them. I might not do them - other than play painting. I really would like to get my carpets cleaned though. They need it - desperately! Between a dog, a 3 yr old and lots of people in and out - they need it.

I have to get work. Just thought I'd stop in to check on my friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use