New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  08:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We had to put mom in the hospital Monday. She has pneumonia & a UTI & both are pretty bad too, she has a lot of fluids in her lungs. They had an IV for liquids & they had to stop it because her lungs kept filling up. It's a mess.
I was going to walk this morning, but hubs needs me to take him for his truck to be fixed, then on to the hospital, so not today. Tread maybe this afternoon. That morn walk with son really was nice tho. Little nippy in the mornings now...

I know, where is harley?! Hopefully she checks in soon....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to hear your mom's so sick. Man, you've got a lot on your plate. Maybe things will calm down a little for you, and your mom will get healthier. Pneumonia. Oh, man. I've had it twice and I can't remember ever being so darn sick. UTI's are the pits too. I haven't been plagued with them, but I have a friend who seems to have tremendous problems with them.

I'm a little worried about harley. Wish she'd check in.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  08:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No matter what I don't think she'll be coming back home. She'll still refuse I'm afraid & I'm not watching it. We've done what we can. She decides how she wants to go on from here on out. Now youngest has some kind of virus & is home from school already. At least it isn't strep, which is going around I hear. Nice.
And still haven't tried to walk anymore. I'll squeeze it in somewhere, I need to. I have lost 3 lbs tho, which I kinda figured with all that's gone on the past few weeks.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, jenjs, you have done everything you can and so has your husband. He's a good man.

Sorry your son isn't feeling so great. Sometimes that happens when school starts. From the news it appears as though we're in for a long hard flu season.

3 lbs. Congrats! But that's a tough way to lose weight - stress. I hope things improve soon for you. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  4:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hubs is going back up to the folks' house tomorrow to pack up some more stuff & pick up our nephew. He'll help hubs fix the house & do things around ours to help out & he can figure what he'd like to do. He just graduated & not sure what he's wanting, so we decided he can come & help us with all the fixings, he said he would. No rest for the wicked! We'll see if he likes us or not. So one more mouth to feed, a pretty good appetite one at that....he's a good sized kid, like my oldest. They look like twins with their structure & all. Spittin image of grampa, which they both adore, when he was young.
I dunno why the stress does that to me. I get so dehydrated & what a loss of appetite, it all seems to go right thru me. Most people pig out when stressed, I must be backwards. All I know is if i don't get my sleep, which is huge for me, it's real bad. I'm big on getting at least 8 hrs sleep, gotta have it. If i don't, I'm pretty useless really. Not function well at all.

Enjoy the weekend! One more week before a long weekend..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  10:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You and your husband are 2 big-hearted, family oriented people. I love it! I'd do the same thing myself. My sister's just like that too. Unlike you, I'm lucky with my sister and brother. They were always right there to help, offered help. I didn't even have to ask. But we always 'take in' others in our lives and our homes. But isn't that what we're suppose to do. Unfortunately for you, you got kind of kicked around some in the process. That wasn't good. But your reward will be waiting for you. You're a wonderful person and have a terrific husband!

I hope things work out well with your nephew. Maybe he can find a job in your area, help with things around your home, wherever needed. It could be good for all of you.

Maybe your life will calm down just a tad too. I hope so.

Yep, long weekend coming. It was a gorgeous weekend here. Nice and cool. But it's very 'fall like' now. The grace grows as I refer to it 'seedy' - not thick, lush, green. Sort of 'stringy.' Darker mornings and darker earlier in the evenings. That's the part that doesn't thrill me.

Take care, Jenjs. Have a great week. Where is harley??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick good morning. I have auditors here today. What a fun day!! Takes me forever to get everything together for their 'visit.' Nice, nice people . . . but it's a PIA.

The weather has been fantastic. I've been trying my darndest to get out and move more and more. With cooler weather it makes it a lot more appealing. I am definitely not a fan of summer. But this summer hasn't really felt like much of a summer at all.

The tomatoes are wonderful. My brother brought me some from his garden last week. I've been eating one for breakfast, lunch and supper. They're just sooo good. It makes eating healthy a lot easier too.

I want to get some more fresh veggies this weekend and maybe grill veggies, as well as some sweet potatoes. Fix the entire meal out on the grill. Doesn't get much healthier.

I'll miss the fresh fruit and veggies when fall comes. And it's just around the corner.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, I've been doing more with the tomatoes too, but not at breakfast! Never thought of it like that really. I did get some fresh bicolored corn last weekend also, yum. Local grown, good stuff. That's my favorite for the summer. I did BBQ chicken last night & it was a rage with everyone, good thing they like it then huh!
The weather is nice huh! Been in the mid 80s, not too bad. I mowed a couple days ago, something I haven't been able to do since I'd messed up my right wrist. I miss that & I will come winter too.
Things are going well with nephew so far, which is a plus. He got his permit today & he's excited of course. Soon the license will be here too. I think on Fri they plan on moving pretty much all the rest of the stuff from the folks house back here. After that I'm not sure how it'll go. It's pretty much a big mess.
Mom has been eating a little better, not huge, but a little is better than none. And she also isn't as, how can i say it, wiggly as she was before. She would involuntarily "jump", her hands & head & whatever. Almost like she had parkinson's, but she doesn't. She's steady as a rock now, must have something to do with her meds she was on. Have to go day by day on all that. No rush to get her out & we told her she can't unless she works at eating & getting stronger. That made her happy if you can imagine....being very sarcastic there. She got pretty mad!!

It's Weds anyways, closer to the end of the week huh. If I don't get back, have a safe holiday weekend. Maybe we'll hear from harley??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, good news on your front. Terrific. I'm glad that things are working out so far with your nephew. It could be wonderful for all of you. He's family. We apparently think alike - family sticks together and helps each out as much as possible. Glad your mom's doing better and eating a little. You are so right every little bit is good. If she wasn't eating and taking meds that could account for the jumpiness, as well as if she wasn't taking her meds and wasn't eating. Either way. They all work together.

I never thought of eating tomatoes for breakfast either. But it's as though I couldn't get enough. The bicolored corn is delicious. We have a local farmer who grows/sells it here too. Love it.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  7:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mom is getting better also, soon hopefully she'll be strong enough for surgery. We're hoping they do it before she's actually discharged. We wouldn't be able to get her back! She would flat out refuse to go back to the hospital for anything.
Today I enjoyed myself, how....by cleaning my whole house....something I haven't done since like December before the folks moved in. The guys were out fishing today, so I was all alone & able to do it as I pleased! I loved it. So nice to be able to do normal things, everyday things. Things I haven't been able to do. And I went browsing, I usually don't do that because it isn't my bag..I hate to shop. But I felt like it anyways, just to get out of the house.
So I ended up doing a lot of walking today & general busy-ness, I really enjoyed my time for me...even if it meant cleaning! But that gives me a good feeling for me. I hope I can keep that going too. Even just little things are a big plus. I ordered myself some skechers walk fit shoes last week, got em yesterday. Once it gets cooler, I'm gonna wear em all the time. They're supposed to be good ones for getting a workout when you don't even try....my kind of shoes!!

Hope all have a great weekend. Harley, will we see you again!!????

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  1:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to hear your mom's getting better. Surely they wouldn't get her strength up, send her home to 'wait' for a date for surgery. That would be horrible.

I'm so glad that you had a 'me' day. You certainly deserve it. I know what you mean about cleaning the whole house. What a wonderful feeling to sit back and 'see' the table tops again without a layer of dust. It never lasts long around my house, but it's a good feeling while it does last.

Skechers. My daughter has a pair and loves them. She's a CNA and on her feet for 8+ hours. She loves hers. I hope you do too.

I had a nice weekend. I'm not a shopper either. I do like to nose around flea markets, antique shops, craft shafts - like Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Anything artsy - I love it. That's why I like the flea markets. You can find wonderful surfaces to paint on. I have always loved antiques. Must be the sentimental side of me. They're so pretty and made so well. I have several pieces that are 'family' pieces. They're treasures.

I'm getting worried about Harley.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  8:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now we're trying to corner drs for mom & see when we can get it all taken care of. Soon hopefully. I'm getting very annoyed with drs & all of it. I haven't been too keen on drs for over 15 yrs now, my opinion isn't getting any better....

Today hubs & I went to talk to an atty to get the ball rolling for him to adopt youngest. The ex has to pay up over $19,000 in back child support before he could even contest it, he has only 60 days to come up with it too! Ha! That made my day right there, because I know he can never do it. We're excited about it then, hopefully by Christmas youngest will have a new daddy for Christmas!

Hopefully soon we can hear from harley again. Makes you wonder huh...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  10:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, good luck with the doctors. They're a breed all their own and have large heads!

What a wonderful husband you have, jenjs. That's wonderful news about him adopting your youngest. That would be great for all of you. Good luck to you.

I hope things are OK with Harley. It could be that she has computer problems at home. I hope it's that rather than something else.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Another beautiful day here.

Painting class last night and get my hair done tonight. I feel like a queen.

The weather is staying nice. It makes it so nice to get out and about these days. Little by little I'm working in more walking. I feel good about me. I'm sure trying to take better care of myself.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  11:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good for you to feel good!! Isn't it great to be able to do stuff that makes a big deal for you? And just you?!

It has been real warm, upper 80s all week, cept for Tuesday, seemed like winter..it was a bit nippy that day. But fall is definitely here & I love it. Very cool nights makes for super sleeping. And football!! I love football..

We brought mom home today & what a difference from a month ago. Amazing. Thought for sure we were going to lose her. Still has to have the surgery, probably in a couple weeks. They'd like her stronger & she's definitely stronger. Just a huge difference going on.

Lets cross our fingers for harley, hope all is well. And have a great weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad your mom's feeling better. Would have been nice to have gotten the surgery done before bringing her home. Maybe things will go a little more smoothly for you now though. Let's hope.

Got my hair done last night. I love it. It's kind of a new style. Loose curls. I have no curl whatsoever in my hair. None. No body. Nothing. Not fair! I'd like some body in it at least. So I get perms periodically and this one is a soft, loose curl. Short hair, but layered. Kind of to my colar. I like it. It suits me, my age anyway. It does feel good to do something just for me.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  7:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Saturday would have been the folks' 45th anniversary. Didn't say anything to mom, she's upset enough by looking at a picture as it is. She is doing good tho. Tomorrow I need to take her to get her hair done up & she wants her ears pierced, if you can imagine. For all these years, she said she wasn't going to put 2 more holes in her head. Now she is...go figure!! Too funny.
The guys have been working their butts off today re-doing things in the front yard, moving stumps & laying some rock, trying to get the yard to look awesome. Working hard today! And later this week they're going to the folks' house to get work moving on the house to get it prepped to sell. Lots going on now. I'm hoping it doesn't snow any time soon. It's known to happen on a whim around here. It's gotten into the 30s already the past few nights, and I do think the Tetons have had a snow already, so it's on the way.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snow. I can't imagine a snow already. Temps in the 30's. My oh my. Unbelievable.

You know I think it's great that your mom wants her hair done, her ears pierced. Those are good signs that she's looking forward, thinking ahead and might take care of herself.

You sure have been busy around there working outside, getting your mom's house ready for sale. That's a lot of work.

It was a gorgeous weekend here. In the 80's, 60's at night. Perfect actually.

Had my yearly mammogram this AM. Weighed myself and lost a pound. Thank goodness. Now if it just keeps going down. I'm like a yo-yo at times.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know i've gained a few # the past few days, haven't weighed but I just feel sluggish. Yuk. Feel like a huge paperweight! This week will be warm, and I need to get mom moving around more, so we may go for a little jaunt around the block, down a few houses anyways. Gotta go little by little.

Today we'll go get her ears pierced, she ought to like that...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  09:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're so good to your mom. Did I tell you that my mom lived with me for 6 years before she died? She had been in her home for 46 years. It was so hard for her to give it up. She still had a little job - cleaning a local bank in the evenings. It wasn't a big bank or hours of work. It's a small bank in what looks more like a 'home' than a bank. Beautiful place. The heavy work, i.e. windows, scrubbing floors, cleaning carpets - that was all done by a professional outfit. She did some dusting, empty trash, toilets - work. It gave her extra money. She had been doing that since I graduated from high school. She didn't really want to give that job up either. It was her life. But she had fallen. Things kind of went downhill - didn't break anything. Discovered a bleeding ulcer, a few problems. I asked her to come live with me. I was living alone. My sister and brother are married. So it made sense to come with me. My kids were raised. She thought about it and did come. I think she knew there were more problems on the horizen. She was there a couple of years and found out she had cancer. She was active though - church, quilting group, grandkids. She seemed happy. You are making memories now that you will cherish later - even though some of them have been difficult. Good for you.

You are so right to go little by little. It's good for your mom and you still get that 'little' bit of exercise. Mom's ears were pierced. She loved her earings. I hope your mom does too.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use