New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  3:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We've gone to the store looking around for her exercise, big mistake. She is a little kid, wanting all the junk she can see. I can't do that again. I was actually waiting for a hissy fit from her, I was trying to pull her away from all the crap. I don't mind taking her out & about, but trying to reason with her about the junk food is a waste of time. I wish mom could be more active like your mom was, I'd love that. She'd probably be feeling a lot better if she was too. Oh well, can't change how a person is no matter how much you want to help them..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick drop in before the weekend.

Hope the ear piercing for your mom was an enjoyable experience for her. Did you get her out to walk a little bit? She might get to where she enjoys it. It would be nice for you too.

Lots going on here today. We have a festival here called the Italian Fest. There are about 3 blocks of streets blocked off - one of them right outside my office. The stage is set up out there. I leave early on Fridays. Today I'll leave to 'music!' Here's a link:
http://www.italianfest.net/

Better get busy. I tend to get sidetracked once the festivities start. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  2:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope the weekend went well & had fun. The mt in our backyard last night got about 4 in. of snow already. It's now about 44 outside & it's just after noon right now. Nippy day already! The heater came on during the night, I'm bummed that I have to have the heat already but oh well, what can I do?! It should be back in the 70s tho later this week so I'm happy with that.
Now I'll have to get back on track with the tread for sure, if it'll be getting cold again already. I've not walked on it since dad passed & that isn't good, I need to keep it up....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  7:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello ladies,been awhile since I've felt like doing anything had some medical problems been in and out from seeing the dr. heart is doing really stupid stuff beats really fast then slowes then just stops for a blink of the eye so tired can't hardly move then the depression sets in they don't know for sure but think its due to stress so not suppose to let anything get to me.HA HA.I really like drs. Glad to see you both were still here.Sounds like you both still have your hands full.

jenjs,If I was in your shoes they would have locked me up by know.No stress there is no way I could handle all that you have to right.I would never see the outside of a hosiptal with all that on my plate.

My son finally went to file for his divorce today,hubby went with him I stayed home again.Its rained most of the day since the afternoon still rainy tonight.They planted my tulips for me cause i could'nt.Have lots of new baby calves just don't care to go see them.
Better get need to take my pills before bedtime.

All take care and thinks for thinking of me while I was away.Your both really special!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  09:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley girl it's so good to see you again!! Sorry you've been so down, that's no fun I know. My younger sis has a lot of heart problems also, all with the electrodes & all kinds of garb. I'm not sure if she's really fixed or not, she's had a few surgeries for it all plus her breast cancer. Not a good year! But she's good for now. We both have to watch ourselves even more, dad had diabetes...it was on his death certificate. I had asked on that I don't know how many times to check, since he always had problems with his legs. But I'm too dumb & don't know anything. Anyways, that he did besides his heart problems. We have crappy genes, that I know. With my youngest I was diagnosed with what do you call the pregnancy diabetes, can't think of it right now. From that I know I had it with the oldest one, he's huge even now. That really scares me, I don't want him ending up like his grampa.

Anyways harley.....yay! SO glad you're back! We've worried about you! Honestly, we're all stronger that we think, really. All of us handle more than we realize & it's only because God knows what we can & can't handle. Not sure if either of you have a faith or not, I'm not a big church person, but I do believe we're given what we handle & it's all for a reason. We just go nuts trying to find out why we're given it!! But I do believe you will be fine & remember that we're here for you whenever you need us, ok?? I'll make sure to say a prayer for you to keep your spirits up. And see, if your son had the strength to go file, all will go as planned for the better. Everyone will be better before you know it.

Try to enjoy your new calves, the crisp air, the smell of fallen leaves, the cool of the night, the piece of mind your son has found. For every hardship, there's a corner with a new path. And new paths take you to a better place. The path may end up going uphill, but it all evens out & a steady path goes on. One day at a time, no sense pushing or wondering. Just go for that walk! Honestly, I could imagine going for a walk around your property this time of year & getting my lungs full of the wonderful smells & see all the beautiful colors. Try to enjoy it, you may surprise yourself!!

Hang in there, it'll be ok. Give it time & be good to yourself..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  09:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
SNOW! Yikes. But oh to have a mountain right in your back yard - one that you can see. I love the mountains. Fell in love with them in the late 80's when I went to a convention in Calgary. I had never seen such beauty in my life. I came home and told my family - when I retire, I'm going where there's mountains. Now that doesn't really seem possible, but it's a dream. I refer to them as 'God's country.'

Harley, I'm so happy to see that you posted but I'm so sad that you've been having health problems. Your heart can wear you out physically. That's for sure.

Depression. Please, please, please keep seeing someone for that. Take any meds they give you faithfully. Do you know the Serenity Prayer? It might be a comfort to you:
God grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Depression can take hold. As 12 step programs say, one day at a time. Right now - one minute at a time. Look for the beauty in the things God has given you - your family, friends, animals, flowers . . . whatever pleases YOU. I will pray for you too.

Yes, jenjs, I am a person of faith. I'm Catholic. That's me. I was born and raised Catholic and went to Catholic grade schools - public high school. I have always seemed to need that in my life. My kids don't go anymore, but they read the Bible and they do pray. We all reach out to God in our prayers, our own way. Actually I like to 'talk' to him. I have had a lot of training in my faith, taken a lot of classes and received certificates. But I see God all around me and in many people around me. We do not have to go to church to have faith.

I am just so sorry that you are having problems, Harley. Do what you can. Come on in and post when you can and when you feel like it. If you just want to come in and read what Jenjs and I post, that would be great. Just know that we care - just like jenjs said. We really do care and we really did miss you and think about you.

Jenjs, the diabetes you're referring to is called justational (spelling may be way off) diabetes. My daughter-in-law had it when she was pg with my grandson. He's still big too. He's 12 yrs old now. She had that and her BP went sky high. Was on bedrest for almost 3 months. Drove her crazy. If she got up and moved much, her BP went way up.

Our bodies are fine tuned instruments. I have abused mine with food. Can't say drugs/alcohol because that simply isn't so. I went through the drug battles with my kids. My son was in rehab twice in his younger years. Broke my heart. I will admit - I was ready to throw in the towel and didn't want to go on. I couldn't handle it at all. I simply couldn't imagine it. Drugs. I hate them. Alcohol isn't any better. It's a drug too. One problem - it's legal. They are both drug free now and have been for years. My son's been 'clean' now for 17 years. Thank God!

I'm glad your son filed for divorce, harley. Seemed to me that was a toxic situation for him. He'll be fine. Now you take care of yourself too.

I'm glad I had time to check in this AM. I just kept thinking and thinking about you, harley. Thought of you and your mom too, jenjs. Like harley - you have definitely got a full plate. You must be like the EverReady Bunny - you just keep going, and going, and going . . . Take care my friends. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  10:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs,did like you said put on my jeans and boots and went for a walk to see the new calves,they are so pretty and so full of life they run and chase each other they come up to the dogs to check them out and then run from them then come right back.Better day today even with all the pills I get to take so many of them I don't even feel like me anymore.Back to the heart dr. this afternoon.Miss my friends at work can't say I miss the work just some of the people.I set in the house and don't do anything just want to sleep my poor little dog lays beside me and whimmpers and just watches me.We went out this morning and picked some flowers for the house have a big vase on the kitchen table full of them nice to look at.

Nice to talk to you both don't have to pretend that I feel ok when I don't.Better get dogs at the back door wanting in for there snacks All take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  10:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A walk to see the new calves. Jenjs' advice was perfect. You love your animals. I'll bet they are as cute as can be. I'll bet your dogs were happy to have you out and about too. I'm so glad you had a better day.

How was the trip to the heart doctor? Wonder if your work is part of the problem. You seemed to have a stressful workload.

Isn't it something how our dogs know when we aren't up to par? When my mom died Tucker never left my side. He just laid on the rug beside my bed, or at my feet if I was sitting in my recliner. He knew. When I had pneumonia - same story. They know. It's that unconditional love.

What a perfect idea too that you picked some fresh flowers to brighten up your day and your home. I'm so glad you seem to finding joy in the things you have always enjoyed.

Take care and let us know how your visit went yesterday.

Jenjs, how are things going your way? Snow??? Snow is so beautiful and so quiet, but . . . It brings with it a host of problems.

My daughter went out on the front porch Tuesday evening to smoke. Nasty habit!! She came right back in and called for me and the kids to come outside. There was an owl in a tree right beside my driveway. Couldn't see it, but we could sure hear it. She would call back to it just like it was doing. Within seconds it would respond. I love it! I'd love to see it. My brother lives down the street from me and he claims the owls - there are at least 4 of them - are close to 3' tall. He said the wing span covered the entire windshield of his truck when he came home from work one night. Made it look like nightime. He's spotted them sitting on the power lines. We simply couldn't see it. Maybe when the leaves fall . . .

Have a good day my friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Be careful with the owls that close to the house if you have small dogs or cats they will take them for food,lost a 6 month old pommie to an owl a few years back.Let him out to pottie had heard the owl in the cider tree by the house did'nt think any thing about it 15 mins after I let him out heard a single yelp and the dog and owl were both gone the dog was'nt any bigger then a small rabbit and the same color as one.Just a little info so you don't lose any pets to one of them.

Dr. visit went well said the time away from work seems to be helping.Suppose to try and not use the xanax or the celexa and see what happens.Your right about work I take it way way to personal if things are not running right have to find a way to let it go and not let it get to me fat chance of that after 22 years.

will check back soon all take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, just what did the heart dr say? What is it that's up with it? Do you have HBP? Is it your regular dr or a cardiologist? With all the heart problems the folks have had, I know just about all there is to know, plus younger sis has problems too if you can imagine. So anyways, do let me know. And giving up the meds already?! After how long were you on them? How many different meds do you take? Some may be interacting with each other, drs are well known to do that & have no idea. Even at which time is the best to take em! Believe me, I've learned a lifetime this past year on drs & how stupid they actually are, common-sense wise. Please, info so I may have some ideas on your meds. You'd be surprised!

Am glad you took a jaunt outside & laughed with the calves. They are cute & funny, hope they did make your day! And flowers are always a big boost, even from the garden. I got to mow today, it's 85 out right now, imagine. See, I told ya it's nuts around here. By Thursday we're to get some more skiffs of snow again. Oh well, that's fall around here.

Today I could beat the crap out of hubs, he's really on my nerves. I know he means well, but gimme a break! Everything I do is wrong & blah blah blah. I swear he gets PMS, he does. And he does take prozac, he's always had depression, which I closely watch that he takes the meds otherwise he's no good & I can't stand him. He did miss them a few days ago & he's been hit & miss the past few weeks with all the crap he's had to do on the folks' house & our house too. Always something.....

I'm not big on alcohol either, ex was one, so was dad but he'd never admit it, sis is too. But from time to time I need to get myself something to help me unwind & it isn't a good deal & I could easily see myself down that road if I don't take good care of me & my soul. I did start drinking heavily in the early 20s & I would have been down the wrong road for it if God didn't give me my oldest. Right when I was getting bad I found I was pregnant & that was it. He does work in mysterious ways!

I hope all can enjoy their weekend & get some fresh air & sunshine & take in all the great smells of fall. I'll try to too!! I'm glad to have the both of you here, you've become good friends!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  09:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Tuesday morning. It felt sooo good to have a 3-day weekend. Yesterday was Yom Kippur and that is the only Jewish holiday the rest of us have off. They shut everything down for their day of atonement. It was a gorgeous day too.

Yes, I know owls will take small animals. Tucker weighs 53# and he's a good sized Brittany. I think the owl would have a tough time getting him. His little fenced in area is right off the sunroom. I don't let him stay out too long. He's a house dog and I don't want him smelling too 'doggy' and living in the house. I had the windows open in the sunroom this AM. I sat and drank coffee and listened to the owl. He moved to the woods in the backyard.

You have good news from your MD. Just take care of yourself, harley. Mom had a heart problem, quadrupple bypass and a pacemaker. But she wasn't on any meds. I'm on BP medication myself, mom was on it too as well as diabetic medication. But she followed everything to a 'T' and did fine with it.

Jenjs has a point. Time of day. Diet. Interaction of medication. It all plays a role in it, but you have to have faith in your doctor. If you have any doubts whatsoever, get a second opinion.

I don't drink. Never had a desire to go down that road at all. Jenjs, I understand what you mean about your DH. If he doesn't take his medication, it will really have an adverse effect on him - which ends up being you. He sure has been busy though. He's a good guy from what you've told us. He's a hard worker too.

It's so wonderfully cool and sunny here this AM. I love having my house opened up. My hope is that it doesn't get warm enough for the AC again. I'm hoping.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  7:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone is doing well. Today is another rough day, with everything. I debated on going on the tread, but decided to put it off til morning. Starting in the AM I'm going to do the tread after youngest goes off to school & everyone else is still asleep. That'll be my time for me, decided that I need to start doing that for me. Just been feeling totally off & have a don't give a damn attitude about myself & that's not a good thing....

Today it got up to 85, even turned on the swamp for a little while. But starting tomorrow it'll be only in the 60s & the snow will start falling at night thru Thursday. I know! Last night & tonight I'll have the windows open, but not tomorrow!! The heater will be on for a bit now for sure. Ugh.

Hubs does work hard & he has done a lot. He's having an off day again, wish I could just make him better. None of this is easy.

Hope everyone has a great eve....tomorrow is Weds already!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  09:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Amazing. From 85 to snow. I can't imagine what that's like.

Yes, you have to take some time for yourself, jenjs. You just have to in order to remain physically and emotionally healthy. Sorry about your husband. There's just no simple answer for the problems you're facing.

Hey, harley, if you're peeking in here 'hi.' Hope you're feeling better. Hope the weather in your area is as gorgeous as it has been here. If so, you can take another walk. Check out those calves and say hello to your dogs. Pick more flowers before frost hits later this month.

Take care ladies. have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  12:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, such extremes are hard around here! That's why we don't have a lot of pretty birds & plants & all that. The mts are great, sure, but it's a bummer to not be able to have a lot of plants I'd love to have..

I did hop on the tread this AM & I'm going to again here in a few mins. Now that it's getting cold is even more reason to do it. I watched biggest loser last night & I can relate to how they feel, I really can. I'm not even close to being as large as they are & when I commented to hubs about I know how they feel because I'm the same way, he exploded. He doesn't understand how self-esteem is so big for women. He doesn't understand how I can feel so low about me & I can't explain it to him so he knows. It is soo frustrating! Somehow I'll get it thru his thick german skull....

And harley, hope you're getting a little better! It's a hard thing to go thru coming up winter too & all, shorter days & less sunshine, all that jazz. But I'd be willing to bet you'll be ok....rough around the edges, but ok nonetheless! We're still here y'know.

Do you both know it's been about a year that we've been chatting? Isn't that something?! I'm glad to have been here thru all of these seasons! All have a great day...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  09:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A year? No, I had no idea it's been that long. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and it's a great way to vent.

I watch Biggest Loser. Love it. I tape it each week in case I don't get to watch it. I'm not that big either, but I too understand. Self esteem is a tricky area and I think it effects women more than men. Men do have a harder time understanding.

Hey, watch that talk about thick German skulls!! He'll get it some day. But he was just probably trying to reassure you how special you are, and how you have nothing to be concerned about in any area.

The days are shorter. That's for sure. But this time of year is so pretty. I love the fall, earthy colors. It's a beautiful time of year in my opinion. Harley, I hope you're getting out just a ittle bit. You seem to love the outdoors and your home/farm so much with all the animals and life around you. One day at a time. One baby step at a time. Sometimes it's moment to moment. You'll be fine. It will just take a lot of patience.

I'm off for an eye exam this AM. Have a great one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  6:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Man is it ever nippy today! Got about an in. of snow last night & it's blowing pretty good too. Good day to have some mulled wine, sounds good...

I didn't do the tread today, shoulda too. I do need to tomorrow for sure.

Today would have been dad's 70th birthday. The dreary dull day fits it kind of. Mom's down today too, not feeling well. I haven't said anything to her about dad's bday, it would just make her feel worse. She's been way off somehow yesterday & today. Maybe it's just from the weather...

Hope the eye exam went ok. I need to take mom in for one too. The dr from the hosp said she has cataracts, so she needs checked out soon.

Weekend's comin up soon!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  7:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone is well. About 120 mi. from us they received 10 in. of snow!! And still snowing! We got just a skiff but was gone by morning. And maybe more by Weds. We'll see. Warm weather is definitely gone for the year...

I did get on the tread today. Gonna do it every day, specially with it getting cold. I'm leaning on doing more of the mediterranean (?) foods that's better for heart & all that. I'm big on grains & nuts anyways, can always do beans too. I'm making some white chicken chili, I love em. My guys don't really like it, not sure why, most guys love chili. Go figure...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  10:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just returned to work today. Went out of town for the weekend to my sister's place farther south in IL. She lives here too, but they will retire about 90 some miles from here. It's called Lake Egypt IL. Nice. Nice weekend.

Busy day today though. Payroll and I have a GYN appt. this afternoon. Fun, fun day. The eye exam was fine. Need new glasses though.

It's rainy and gloomy here, a little chill in the air. But snow - no way. 10 in' close to you. Wow. You have winter now. You do not have 4 seasons; do you.

Mediteranean Diet. I've heard of that too, read a little. Yes, it is a healthy diet. Whatever works. That's the thing. Finding what suits your individual lifestyle best. White chili. I love it!

Got to get busy. Short day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  09:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beautiful day here today. Sunny. Chilly. Tonight there are storms moving in. Still having snow?

How are you doing, harley? Feeling better? Getting out a little bit?

I watched Biggest Loser last night. They sure do have some challenges on there. I find the show motivating. Of course, it's so different for the contestants because they're able to focus on themselves. We aren't. Makes a major difference.

I usually weigh on Monday mornings. I wasn't home Monday morning and I'm putting it off until next Monday. I don't want to mess up my schedule.

Have a good day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  1:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today there's no wind & it's nippy but nice. A storm is coming tonight & more snow is on the way, all the way thru Sunday from what they say, different storms. So thru all of em maybe a total of 5 in total. Ya get used to such changes around here! Like last week, going from 85 one day to snow the next, just the way it is as strange as it is.

I do hope harley is ok, I worry. I know how she must be feeling, sounds a lot like how mom was yrs ago, frustrating. Drs still don't work on womens hearts like they need to....they need to do it now & more often. I sure don't want to end up worse than either mom or dad.

I weigh on Mondays & Fridays both....I see how I was over the wknd & thru the week. May not be the best idea, but it works for me. Gives me an idea on what I need to do more or less of.

I did watch BL last night. Of course it's easier for them to do all that! We could lose 5+ a week too if that's all we did. Most of it is all in the mind & it's just learning to watch our eating habits all over again. Sometimes we have to give it a lot more time than what we would like...

It's Weds anyways, the week seems to be going faster than last week. Was it that way for anyone else?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use