New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  5:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey All, Welcome back.Do I have a story for you. Friday was my grandsons birthday so we decieded to fix something for Halloween we took the tractor that has a spike to move big bales of hay with moved a big bale of hay into the pasture down by the road (not real close wanted people to have to guess)made up a dummy doll out of my jeans and shirt used a old wig placed the dummy against the bale of hay then backed the tractor into the dummy had some fake blood poured it all over the place looked pretty cool,the spike really looked like it had went right though the poor person.We went back to the house to watch the cars go by. They would stop and look then drive alittle more then stop again,we had lots of fun watching for some time.About 4 hrs.after we set up our dummy the cops showed up said they had a call that there had been a farm accident that they should check on.The cop thought it was pretty good set up.Needless to say when my husband got home he took our dummy away.Oh well so much for fun!!!!

Sat.was really pretty so took a long walk into the timber forgot it was youth dear hunting season so found a different way home so not to get shot at.

Hope everyone has a great week keep in touch*****

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's a new day & new beginnings for a lot of things! Today will be an exciting day for everyone. I do hope, along with keeping track of how we do, everyone does vote! It could be more of a change than we ever expect.
The Halloween gag with the cop....funny stuff! Seems like men don't like to have fun as often as we do....why is that? And if they do, it's totally stupid stuff. Am I right?
We expect cooler weather starting today. I was getting spoiled with the 60 & 70 degree weather we've been having for weeks now. And it's getting dark early!! Bummer. Oh well.

Everyone have a fantastic day & enjoy the freedoms we have!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Love the Halloween prank. Cops. Such spoil sports. What fun. You are a real character.

Yes, lots of changes. Lots of new things going on.

The weather here (Southern IL) has been beautiful. We have some rain predicted for Thursday and with the rain comes cooler temps, highs in the 40's. What can I expect this time of year? I love the fall. I think it's the most beautiful time of year. The colors of the leaves right now are gorgeous.

I did start my journaling. I've tried to add a note each day, something positive, for myself. I think I need it and deserve it.

Have a great Election Day everyone.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Iwilldothis

12 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  3:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! Happy Election day! cheers to our country for some reforming....It is nice here in California a bit wet and windy but sun is shining and the air is a bit cleaner due to the rain we had. I will not be voting until 5 tonight when hubby gets home from work. ....how was your voting experience today? How are you feeling? It sort of feels like aholiday to me. I have looked so forward to this day. I am ready for a new president as I am sure you are too. I am very confident that some great changes are about to happen. I am very positive and my spirits are up. As far as my goals on weight and fitness I am struggling but I am doing okay. Days I get down I just remind myself how well I have done this year. It is great with this cooler weather I had to put pants on and the are wayyy loose! finally a year with a smile the past few years they were tight and I was frowning. As far as my food choices I am doing fantastic! I need to watch my portion control and start doing my cardio again. I hope all is well with all of you. Have a happy day!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  5:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,great day to vote sunny and really pretty here in good ole Missouri looking for a change even if it does'nt go the way I want it to.

beb48-just a thought about the journaling. My grandmother was 92 when she pasted away a few years back when we went in to clean out the house my mom let us all take what ever we wanted of grandmas as we were going though things I found a small book that she had written small notes about each day some were as simple as the weather being cold and her joints hurting,others were about her granddaughter stopping by on the bike,a new flower that had bloomed and things that my son had done while she watched him after school till I got home from work.I lived a mile from my grandparants a 1/2 mile from my mother.We all did Sunday dinners ever sunday with brothers,sisters,cousins,and all our little buddies.I thought I new grandma better then anyone but until I found the book it was like looking into her very soul I miss her everyday.Maybe someday someone will get to look into your book and feel just like I did with grandmas.I would'nt give it up for anything.

Hope everyone has a great week and a better weekend!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  10:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Election Day has been here and we now have a new president. Whether you voted for or against isn't important. It's our country, and we're making history right now. Our grandchildren will study this. I have 3 grandchildren: 16/GS, 11/GS, 2/GD. Mine are already involved in this history making event by just being here! Our country is a wonderful place to live.

Missouri - 417harley, we're 'neighbors.' I live about 10 - 15 mins from downtown St. Louis. My oldest GS lives in Lake of the Ozarks. Beautiful country. Just gorgeous.

Thanks for the tip on journaling. Lucky you. I'd love to have something my grandmother wrote. I would cherish it too. I'll have to remember that. Maybe I'll make a point of adding something each day about one or all of my grandchildren/children. My hobby is drawing/painting. I could even incorporate a little 'extra' in case any one of them is interested.

Journaling seems to help me with what I eat. The other 'journaling' as far as moods, stress, etc. will help too. At least I think it will help me in pinpointing problem areas, times, situations. The rest of the journaling is just for therapy. I've read about journaling and how it helps relieve stress.

Do any of you meditate? I've been thinking about that too. I'm interested in yoga and tai chi, but I'm not really flexible enough for that. Although I have found a yoga tape for weight loss that I think will be geared more towards what I am able to do. I believe the point is - little by little. I'll get there. Tai Chi is supposedly for all body types, all ages. The meditation just sounds appealing to me.

Well, back to work for me. I have auditors here today. Oh, lucky me!! They're 'our auditors' as opposed to IRS. Yikes! But it makes for a 'different' day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Klynn238

7 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello again everyone!!! I wanted to let everyone know about the workouts my gym is offering - they are awesome! And they really motivate me and make me want to work out.

It is actually an international thing, and gyms all over the u.s. offer it.

It is by Les Mills - http://www.lesmills.com/

They offer all different workouts from Dance, to spin, and Yoga, to Weights! And they are really fun too. My gym offers a class called Bodyjam; it is a dance class, and they offer a class called Bodypump, which is a class that uses a barbell and works every muscle group! And you can REALLY feel it! I love these classes soo much, and I am really glad I tried them out! I will continue going for a long time!

You should check out the website and see if any gyms in your area offer them!

Edited by - Klynn238 on 11/05/2008 11:39:23 AM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  09:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nice website. I did check it out. There are no listings in my area right now. It appears as though they are still working on the listings though. Thanks. Sounds great.

It's so nice to see regular posting here. I noticed a couple other threads with recent posts too. It helps me to post as often as I can. I've been keeping up with my journal too.

Have a great day everyone.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  1:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, lots of folks the past few days, that's awesome. New beginnings all around, with the election all finished....finally! Only time can tell how things will end up, but it was wonderful to see how a lot of people crammed into the park in Chicago Tues night....no fights, no crap.....just elation.
And we all should be the same to ourselves when it comes to taking care of ourselves. That one pound gone....yay! It's time for celebration! It's a hard road to go on, when we try to make ourselves healthier. Every day that goes great for us, we should give ourselves a big pat on the back & huge smile in the mirror. We woke up breathing, that's always a big smile for me. One more day to be able to better myself than the day before. And if the day before was good? We can do a better one after that, and so on, so on....
The holidays are creeping up, fast, and more than ever need that support from each of us. I think it's awesome that family is so close to be able to spend Sundays together. I'd love to have that! My grandma kept a journal too & it's awesome to read the things she did & saw. She did write about things she prepared for some of her women's groups & I thought that was amazing. This was over 30 yrs ago! I do miss her greatly too. Her laugh was as contageous as they get & I'm told that mine is a lot like hers. I am thankful about that, because I'm a firm believer on using laughter much in life. I'd much rather laugh than cry, any day!!

Everyone have a super day & bundle up! Baby, it's getting cold outside!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  7:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone,beb48-Truman Lake is where I hideout.Finally got the new calf its snow white so named it Casper if we would have had snow I'm not sure I would have found him his mom had him hide pretty good.MuttMutt had to give him a big kiss(thats my dog)he was 3 weeks old when we found him in the ditch after a rain storm at our store.He was wet as sop and just as ugly but could'nt help but fall in love with him,now he's my best buddy.

Haven't lost but 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks but guess thats better then gaining 2.Sure goes on easier then comes off.I'm sure my horse would like it to come off alittle faster.She is the 4th fowl I've raised she is a red & white paint the first 2 were all brown my hubby called at work when she was born told the girls in the office to give me a message that 3rd time was a charm so thats what we named her.She makes a good lawn ornament real pretty to look at but not good for much else!!!

Everyone should have grandmas close enough to enjoy everyday.My whole family lives within 30 miles of each other.Can't begin to know what its like not to have them so close(although there has been times)no not really.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,keep writing this has been fun,stay safe and happy!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Truman Lake. Down around Tablerock Lake? When my kids were little we went to Tablerock every summer. Love that area. You live in a beautiful part of MO.

jenjs, you are so right. The holidays are creeping up. In 3 weeks T-giving will be over. I don't know what's with this year, but I haven't started 'little things' shopping yet for the grandkids. I don't know what's gotten into me. It's as though the whole year flew by. I have some ideas. I do have a few painted items for some friends. I do decorative painting - acrylics and colored pencils. It's great therapy for me! Totally relaxed when I do that. But it's time to get ready. It's also time to get my mind right for healthy eating during the holidays. We sure do need support during this time. There are parties, cookies to bake, fudge, breads. I love doing all of that, but for years I've enjoyed eating all of that. I think the thing to do is start looking for healthier recipes, and then the main thing to do is LIMIT what I do allow myself to have.

417harley, Casper is a lovely name for the new calf. So you have MuttMutt as your best buddy. I have Tucker. He's a Brittany and I got him from a shelter. I actually went there looking for him with my oldest grandson. I felt he 'needed' something. His parents had just separated. He and his mom (my daughter) had moved back here from Lake of the Ozarks which was 'home' for him for 10 years. That's a lot of changes for a kid. It's strange. My GS looked around at the different puppies, pet some, and then he spied Tucker. Tucker came to him, pushed him down to sit, and absolutely wrapped his paws around my GS' neck. So Tucker picked us. Of course, they lived in an apt. and Tucker lived with me - lives actually. It's been 4 years now. He has unconditional love for me. I had pneumonia several years ago. He knew it. Sat right by my side. Never left me, didn't even expect attention. I was so sick. Then my mom died and he just knew I was so sad and upset - same story. Right at my side. He welcomes me everyday and it doesn't matter what my mood is. So, yes, he's my best buddy.

The weekend is here again. I'm at work early because I have a doctor's appt. this AM. Love those things. This one's the internist. Had bloodwork done last week. He keeps tabs on me due to a history of diabetes (mom). I'm borderline. So I really do have to watch everything I eat and get into a healthier lifestyle - which is exactly what I'm doing.

It's so good to have you all posting. It helps so much. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

capelady

1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  1:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have just joined up here after joining the smokers helpline - I have been 21/2 years smoke free. 20lbs later now I am joining this. I am 50 need I say anymore... I figure if I have to attempt to loose weight as many times as I tried to quit smoking I have about 50 more attempts before I do it. I did join a local gym in april to the last of june... Stopped for the summer and haven't got back there yet. My hardest time is in the evening. Hopefully I can get some ideas and some incentive to get this weight off.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  5:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beb48....keep tabs on that diabetes! It is scary stuff. I was borderline with my last son & the difference between the weights of my 2 boys is amazing. #2 was a full 2 lbs lighter than #1 & I'd gained only 22 lbs with him, compared to gaining like 40 or so with #1. It makes a difference.
I lost 4 lbs this past week, which is better than not! I'd like about 10 more by the 26th, my wedding day, but I'm not gonna push the issue. We have a very low key service planned, so no fancy dress & garb...which I like. A few lbs lighter will do just fine.
One thing with the recipes on turkey day...I like to have a bit of fiber with my meals & baking & whatnot. When I make my rolls, I use mostly whole wheat flour along with white to give it more fiber. Plus, when I make other things with flour, I do use a bit more whole wheat just for that. It helps, plus you can't really tell a difference.
I'm looking forward to Christmas this year! New hubs & I decided to get a treadmill for the two of us for our gift, so I'm psyched for that! And being closer to my folks also. I'm hoping to get them here for it, would be sooo good.

Everyone have a fabulous weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  09:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beb48,Hope Dr.visit went well.Truman is in between Kansas City & Springfield.
Jenjs,way to go on the lose--keep up the good work!!!
Capelady, welcome to the group--Hubby been smoke free for 1-1/2 still reaches in pocket for a pack out of habit but hes doing really good after smoking 3 packs for 40 years a day.

My son who is almost 36 has had diabetes since he was little.He takes 4 shots each day.Been in and out of hospital lots of times.But he seems to be doing better this time around they have him on different type of med.

Hubby had to stop smoking due to a heart attack in Aug.of o7.We were working with the horse when it happened he got really hot said he could'nt catch his breath,sweat pouring off of him got him to the house could'nt get his bloodpressure to read,they lifeflighted him to hospital 100 mile away talk about a long drive by yourself.When I got there I told them whom I was and that they had brought my husband in on the chopper the young lady looked at me so odd and said please have a set the preist will be with you in a moment,I'm thinking what for then when she came out and set down with me she says I'm so sorry ---(I lost it)Then she started to laugh and gave me a big hug said Honey I'm just here to take you to him the Dr. is waiting to talk to you your husband is doing ok right now.Was'nt so funny then but I get a good laugh out of it now.Good lesson on never thinking the worse.Heart attacks don't happen like on tv the Dr. said most signs are pretty low key you just have to pay attention to what your body is telling you.I think it works the same for the weight if I'm having trouble breathing when I'm doing my work i know it is because I have slacked off on the walking after work.

Life is way to short.Try and find something thats makes you happy everyday and just keep going.Hope all have a good weekend and a better week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  12:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
417harley, I can understand the anguish about the heart attack. My mom had one at 48, they thought it was just pulled muscle. She ended up being life-flighted to Billings for bypass surgery. I do not trust doctors, they suck. My dad was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, they figured he'd need a transplant. He didn't, but he's still not in the best of shape. Refuses to listen to anyone's advice....that's a man for ya! And even tho mom is in a nursing home, I know that dad'll be the one to go first. Even if she's had the attack, bypass, 3 strokes & now breast cancer, she keeps holding on. It's amazing.

So everyone, please take care of yourselves!! If we don't do it for ourselves, no one will for themselves....it's true. All would be lost if we weren't there for them.

All have a nice relaxing Sunday & enjoy the time you have...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  10:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday Morning everyone.

The MD visit went well. The bloodwork is fine. The best report was on the bad cholesterol. I was told it's 'fantastic!' Hurrah for me. I was down 5 1/2# from my last visit 4 months ago. That isn't a big deal, but it's better than up 5 1/2#. So I'll take it! Everything looks good. Back in 4 - 6 months. I chose '6' months!

I'm still working on journaling. It definitely helps me. I haven't lost this past week, but I haven't gained. I'll take staying the same. It's a new way of eating for me. I've read that it takes time for the body to adjust.

Congrats on the weight loss jenjs! Good job.

417harley, cute story - but scarey too! I have heard that the signs of a heart attach are not as severe as we see in the movies. Sometimes, yes, but as a rule 'no.'

I've been walking a little more and more. I'm also reading a book "ChiWalking." It's good. I'm sure I don't have good posture and that's part of ChiWalking. I'm really trying to keep myself motivated.

The past week has been good overall. Journaling, conscientious eating, and posting here is definitely helping.

Have a great day, everyone.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  8:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to hear the dr visit was good! Hey, it doesn't matter if the lbs are from mos. ago or last week...it's less than what it was & that's the plus! It does take time for your body to re-adjust to new beginnings, so it's all good.
It's getting cooler out...I'm ready for my treadmill!! Walking the dog is getting awful damn nippy out, and not so pretty anymore. I love the fall more than any other time of year. It never lasts long enough for me.

Y'know, Iwilldothis wanted more of us to get on here & start talkin.....OK! We're here! Where are you? Hope all is well...

Ok, anyways, less than 3 weeks til marry day for me & it's now starting to hit. I found my dress today, matching shoes even! Which is odd for me, I am so far from a girly girl. But I must say, I am getting excited....finally! And I pray that my mom is able to be well for it. She's been super since the mastectomy, like not a care in the world. She really amazes me.

Well, all have a wonderful eve & a better day tomorrow!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  9:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All,glad to see everyone back. Jenjs is right about the weight don't matter as long as its gone.It's 40 degrees and raining tonight,dog won't even go outside,your right about the fall it comes and then is gone before you know it all the leaves are just brown and dead now.

Glad you found your dress.Not a girly girl eather give me a pair of jeans & harley Tee anyday and I'm happy.The ole man gives me a rash of crap if I dress up to go somewhere cause I dress like a bum around the house I tell him the cows don't care how I look.Sister & mom keep saying they are going to call the What Not To Wear show that I could be the poster child for them.Hope your mom is up to going too.We'll all say a special prayer for that.

Until latter!!! all take care and be safe*******

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  11:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Y'know, I'm looking forward to checking this out every day! Even if it is for a little distraction, it's nice!
Hey, I'm not much of a dresser-up type, but I do wash up pretty good. I'm a jeans type too. And the what not to wear thing....seems to make fun of people for being who they are. I won't watch it. More annoying than anything for me.

Everyone take care...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  10:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your big day is 2 weeks from today!!! Great news on the dress and shoes.

Girly girl? Me either. I'm thrilled that I don't have to 'dress up' for work. I work for a mid-size corporation but there's really just me and my immediate supervisor at this particular location. I'm so glad. When he brought his office here I was working for another 'arm' of the corp so to speak. He's an attorney. I was working for his brother. The brother asked if I'd be interested in this position. The rest is history - here I am. Since them I went back to school for my degree as a paralegal. Couldn't be happier. They left the 'old' location in St. Louis and built a new one in '96. I was afraid I'd have to move there, but they said it's fine that I stay right here. That way we have all of the confidential records of the corporation here in our office and I'm 5 mins from home. Talk about luck!! So when we have insurance reps or our brokers coming in (I'm also the plan administrator for the medical plan), I dress like 'professional' people. Otherwise, like today, I have corduroy slacks and a top on. Saves money. Pantyhose can get expensive and so do suits!

I also look forward to checking in here each day to see how everyone is. I'm glad we found each other.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use