New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  7:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!We will have dinner at my moms again for turkeyday can't wait for all her good food.We had alot of fun in Springfield did'nt come home with much found 4 glasses to go with the dishes my mom collects so got them for her christmas and found a small bowl in the pink that she likes so got it.She would find a piece that matches the stuff that I collect and say do you have this one yes mom got that one.Little sister does'nt collect anything like mom and I do so I have a hard time finding anything for her.Mom on the other hand can find what I call junk and Kath just loves it.Oh well mom always said her 2 girls were nothing alike.

Picked up the bird seed but don't have very many birds yet.They say the birds that come into Mo. for the winter have not got here yet and the ones that were here have all moved south.To bad the sparrows don't move south.

The chandelier that I ordered for my son came today.It came from Cody Wy. made out of deer and elk horns that the guy finds(so he said)my kid will love it has 2 of his fancy deer heads mounted and picture frames of with all the arrowheads that he has found in one room(man room)plus a piece of driftwood with a mounted large mouth bass. Sofa is a real dark hunters green.No frilly stuff what so ever but he keeps it looking good and he seems to be really happy for a change.

Starting to get dark so better go lock up the chicken.Hope all have a nice week.They say its going to rain tonight but is still really warm.All take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  10:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just finished typing a response. Hit Submit Reply and lost the darn thing. Drats!!

Here I go again and this will be shorter.

Jenjs, thanks for bringing up the WW flour. I will definitely try it. I love to cook and bake and I'm always open to trying new things. I know the WW will be healthier. Nuts. I love them in everything.

Harley, sounds like you had a good day in Springfield. Fun to get away. The chandelier sounds so nice. Actually your son's 'man room' sounds cool! I'll bet it's really nice. Good idea for a gift for him.

Saw a picture of myself at a meeting at church last night. The picture was taken after Mass this past Sunday. I did not like what I see. I am now a woman with a mission. How did I get to that point??? Little by little. Now I have to put it in reverse and start getting motivated every day. Oh, how I hate pictures. I guess I hate them because I don't want to face what I have become. Definitely not a healthy looking person at all. I will be. I'm moving in that direction. 3# last week. Let's hope something this week too.

Yuck!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  11:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Whoa beb, take er easy! Hey, 3# is much better than none!! I gained & am so mad at myself also, but I don't see myself stopping either. Make sense? I have to start digging in too..

Hey! I used to live in Cody....both boys were born there, folks were there. It's fairly easy to find antlers, tho anymore it's becoming a fast hobby, so it isn't as easy as it used to be. We have craploads of man stuff like that all over here. Your son would have a hayday for sure. For me it gets very old, when all the businesses look like they belong in the 1800s, old & tiring. I do like log cabins tho, would love to have one in the Beartooth mts, on the border of wy & montana, gorgeous up there. If either of you head west to Yellowstone, go thru northeast gate, some of the most pretty scenery ever.

I'm not big on pictures either, mainly because I feel I take crappy ones & I do. Always look way bigger than I thought, but film doesn't lie (tho I wish it did).

I'm an angel collector. I love the angels! I even have a tattoo on my shoulder of an angel, so I always have one with me. May be silly, but I have a fascination with em. I like reading stories with angels too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  09:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Man, I just woke up for the day & did my weigh & I lost 2 1/2. Last week I'd gained 4,yikes & rid of that little. Cripes. Guess that little is better than gaining more right?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  09:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow. That's great jenjs. And I was going to weigh this morning and forgot. I'm still in my old 'Monday morning' routine.

I agree with you that my 3# was good. I was just venting because of how I look in the picture. Can't change that picture but I can work on future ones. I have my mind right again and I'm moving forward. To be honest even when I was younger and trimmer I didn't like my picture taken. I'm not 'photogenic.' That will be my excuse.

More rain today. The temperature is dropping again. it was 61 early, around 5. It's 55 now, at 8:45. Fall. I do love it.

No big plans for this weekend other than catch up things at home. Oh, and I have another picture after Mass this weekend for another ministry. I won't look at it. That's all there is to it. Won't look.

The flu continues to hit the schools here.

Enjoyed myself at a Home Interiors 'Quarter Mania' last night. It was quite different. Never attended one before. It was held at a KC Hall. My friend invited me and I thought -sure! Something different. We had wings and salad first, purchased by our hostess. That was nice. The consultants or directors, whatever they're called, provided some snack items like cider, tea, nuts with candy corn, brownies, cookies, dips. Those types of things. There was a table that was full of items that were 'auctioned' for a quarter. You could purchase raffle tickets - 20 for $10 or 40 for $20, and take chances on all kinds of items. Put as many in the 'bag' as you want for whatever items you'd like. Then you got extra tickets if you wore black or orange, Halloween jewelry, a mask, or brought a Halloween treat for your hostess. So we had extra tickets for that too. I got the neatest metal turkey (it's metal, but more like an open turkey, where it has prongs that shape the body, open with a pretty orange candle holder in the center, a tail that has colored glass, wings with colored glass. Very nice. It was just a fun evening. I didn't eat all of my wings. I saved some for lunch today. I ate my salad. I had one brownie. That wasn't bad. So I don't feel as though I blew it foodwise. I'm learning!

What I'd like to do is get back in the habit of journaling. I get so lazy sometimes.

Have a great weekend and congrats again jenjs.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  7:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tomorrow i'll see how I did over the weekend, hopefully not another 4 lbs!! That would be too sad..

I made the pecans today, baking as I write. Yum! Then they'll be gone by Tuesday, if not tomorrow. Gotta really limit myself on them puppies. I tried brown sugar with it today, see if it makes an even better tasting treat. Hmmm..

I have pork ribs & sauerkraut in the crock today, to go along with some mashed taters. Good ol fashioned comfort food, with no extra salt tho. I still try to go without adding salt, still habit from cooking for dad. I had a dream with dad last night, I like to think of him letting me know he's very happy now. He was in a tank top, which he never wore but it was funny, but he was like in his 30s, had a tan from working outside & his hair was dark & flat-top of course. He seemed content, which I'm glad of. I know he was scared of dying before, but I hope he's at peace now. Death is a scary thing, something we'll never know until it's time.

Oooh, too deep of talk. I'm gonna get all down if I keep at it. I'm doing all I can not to get all depressed with everything anymore. Does no good to anyways.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  09:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The weekends just seem to fly by. I'm here for a short time and then leave for a doctor's appt. This one with my internist. Just routine stuff. I go every 4 - 6 months because he keeps tabs on my bloodwork. Mom was diabetic and everything seems to be 'in the genes' so he's cautious. That's fine. I just hate this type of day with a break in my routine. I'm so German, so routine, so pathetic!! (ha, ha)

The pecans sound good. I'll bet the brown sugar is good in them. I have a sugar free brown sugar. I started using it for mom and it's become habit. I don't do much with real sugar. I've become accustomed to Morton's Lite Salt too. I have a tendency to retain fluids. So I tried the lite salt and I'm used to it too now. I also like to try the various Mrs. Dash seasonings. They're good.

Kraut. Love it. Love it with sausage, for cabbage rolls, with pork ribs . . . and mashed taters to boot. Yum. I made beef roast, carrots and potatoes. It was good. The house sure smelled good.

Well, my time's up. Got to head out of here. Just wanted to check in because more than likely things will get hairy by the time I return.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  1:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today I was the same as friday, better than gaining. It's a booger trying to get on the tread when it's not in the best place in the house & in the way. Roar!! I did get on first thing after getting youngest up for school. This afternoon I WILL get back on again, whether anyone doesn't like it or not!!

The pecans turned out wonderful!! I have 2 tubs of them & one is already gone. Youngest & I polished it off playing yahtzee yesterday. We both hate watching tv all day or on the computer, which I don't like for him, with the playing games & whatnot. I've always been a reader, taught myself at 3. I try to instill how important it is to read, so for evey hr he plays games he has to read that long. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Good luck with your appt. today. It's so important to keep tabs on yourself. After dad passed we found on his death cert. he had diabetes.....no dr ever said a word, and yet I asked I can't remember how many times to check, with all the trouble he had with his legs. Soon I'll need to take youngest to the dr for a checkup & I'll have him tested for diabetes, only for my piece of mind. It is on both sides for him in his genes.

Here's a new week, lets hope it goes well for us all..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Darn right staying the same is better than gaining. It's just hard work. Plain and simple.

Yahtzee's fun. I think it's more fun to play board games, or Wii, or take a walk, anything rather than staring at the television all the time. I love to read. I read every single day.

Well, the doctor appt. He said I'm doing fine but what concerns him is the fact that over the past year I have gained some weight back that I had lost. I need to lose weight, at least 70# or so. I know that. I work at it, lose some, get lazy or disgusted and blow it. He has suggested a doctor to me who isn't local. He has helped others lose weight. But my insurance doesn't always pay for this sort of thing, plus he isn't 'right here.' He's over an hour away. But my doctor claims 'he's the best. Better than those at Wash U in St. Louis.' That's pretty darn good. However, I have dug out my South Beach Diet book, stopped at the store and I'm working very strictly on this weight loss. I will also begin walking, cycling (stationery) or yoga, DVD/videos that I have. Oddly enough right before leaving the office I said to my friend - I wish he'd just get strict with me. I think I'd force myself to lose weight then. So the morale of the story is: Be careful what you wish for!

However, I can and will do it. I don't want to put out a lot of money to travel for medical care and for sure I won't even consider bariatric surgery, which is also what this MD does. I'm sure he's good. But I did say to my doctor that bariatric surgery scares me to death. His reply was: It should scare you. It's very serious. However, your insulin resistance numbers scare me even more. OK. You got my attention pal! He's the kindest, most compassionate doctor. It isn't up to him. It's up me. I will do this.

Got to get busy with work now.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ooooh beb, I'm rootin for ya! It is a hard thing to do, it really is. Too bad it's so easy to put it on huh. Wish it were so easy to do, take it off.

We have a winter storm watch going, anywhere between 9 to 18 in of the stuff thru Thursday. Yikes. Course youngest is hoping for school to close & it just may. We will see. We have an inch right now, they say it's supposed to get deep this pm, sooo...

Were you able to watch BL? I did for maybe 15 mins is all. Bummer. I wanted to see the face off part. Oh well. Was it interesting? This morn I got on the tread, I'll try to later also.

Mom has her surgery finally next week for the thyroid. They'll test it for cancer of course before closing her up & do another one that takes longer. If the other comes back positive, then she'll have to go back for more surgery. We will see. Hard to say how it'll go.

Today I'm making swiss steak in the crock. The guys eat it up, good thing. I don't add a lot to it, just the beef pieces, a can of italian stewed tomatoes, some pepper & paprika & onion. That's it, no salt even. Lean beef, so when it cooks it takes in the juices from the tomatoes & makes a nice gravy for taters. Could add some taters too I suppose, but I don't. It is a good for you meal really, if ya don't over-do the taters! Not a lot of fat to it, good flavor, protein, just good stuff.

It's Wednesday anyways ladies....harley, hope all is well for you. Doing ok??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  5:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a day! I'm exhausted. Lots of work. That's all and I'm lucky I have a job and good people to work for to boot.

So far so good on the SB eating plan. It isn't difficult. It is time consuming because you have to prepare things for it. But that isn't all bad either. It makes me take charge and do something just for ME. So it has it's good points. You have to eat snacks. Doesn't have to be a lot, but veggies are a requirement - lots of them. It's the more the better because there's also carbs in veggies, good carbs. Good thing I like them. It just takes me longer to get ready in the mornings. I have to make sure I have veggies lined up. Before it was - I have a frozen meal and an apple. I'm good to go. Not so now.

Glad your mom's surgery is scheduled. It will be good to geet it over with. The unknown is difficult for me. Hope everything turns out well for all of you.

9 - 18" of snow. Yuck. It's just too early for that. I'm just not used to it is the problem.

You dinner, swiss steak, sounds good. I love it. Haven't made it in ages but the way you do it is easy enough. I just love the smell in the house when I use the crockpot.

Have a nice evening.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  6:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good that the SB is going well for you! It's much easier to watch over you when you don't have anyone else to watch over...but you do have your daughter & gdaughter. kudos for going full force!

I got on the tread twice today, surprising huh. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when I weigh in for the week. Been an up & down week this time. Who knows how next week will go with ma going in for surgery. If I get too stressed I just don't eat, which can be good to a point.

We ended up with about 5 in of snow all together, not over a ft like around Cheyenne & Denver. We get most of our biggies in the spring, when it's real wet & heavy stuff. It is too early for that tho, too much too soon. But this weekend is supposed to get in the 50s & it'll be gone anyways.

Starting to get a little nippy, so I may catch some coffee or tea, something warm & fuzzy. ooooh, maybe even a hot buttered rum, sounds good! It is almost 5 now anyways, so that'll work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  10:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yesterday flew by. So much going on here. My boss (one of them anyway) is in surgery this morning. It's called deep brain stimulation. He'll have devices implanted in the brain this morning, 2 I believe. In 1 - 4 weeks from now he will go back and have the actual 'pacemaker' like devices implanted in his chest area, with electrodes (I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology.) that will go to the devices in the brain. It can halt Parkinson's, which is what he has, and reverse it. I don't know if it can make him 'whole' again, but he has gotten progressively worse over the past 18 months. He went through a battery of tests and he's a good candidate for the surgery. It scares me though. He's 80. Yep, still working and with a fantastic brain. He's one of the owners and has 2 sons, one of them an attorney and I work with him also, in the corporation. It's a family owned corp. Wonderful people. He's a great man and so good to work for. He's taught me a lot and he's the reason I became so interested in law. So I've been on pins and needles. Woke up early because I knew he had to be at the hospital this AM at 6. His son will call later and let me know how he's doing.

So you have snow. We have do too. It just melted and came down in the form of rain. I have no idea how many inches we got, but a lot.

I remembered to weight this morning. I'm happy, quite happy. I won't report until Monday though. I hope it stays at least as good as it is this AM. And I don't feel like I'm punishing myself or anything. If it would quit raining, I'd walk. My daughter wants to walk too.

Have a safe and Happy Halloween. Stay away from goblins. Hey, harley, how are you doing???

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  12:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll remember to say a prayer for your boss, man what a deal. If he's so ready to have that procedure done & is mentally prepared, he should have no problems. Recovery is the biggest thing. He has to remember to be patient tho, that's the key. Most of the time they get so frustrated that recovery isn't speedy enough! I know mom is.

This am I was almost 2 lbs lighter, just a few oz. off. I'm glad for it, I'll keep it. Also this am I hopped on the tread, right when getting up youngest. I keep it on a low speed, don't do a long drawn-out walk. Just enough to get me up & have some time in.

I wondered if you would get heavy snow that melts right away. That's the best stuff for plants in spring. Now we have the wind to blow it all away, that's not good. Then they won't get the moisture from the snow. The next week is supposed to be back in the 50s & almost to 60 from how they talk right now.

Youngest may ahve a buddy stay over tomorrow night. He's getting too old to go treating, he said he'll just swipe our candy. At least he doesn't want to go & TP any houses! Or eggs or anything like that. Hopefully never will. Are you taking gdaughter treating?? What is she dressing up as? We don't carve pumpkins anymore, tho I love the seeds & I roast em. We have 2 ceramic pumpkins that we can put a small candle in & use those.

Harley, hope you're doing well! Feeling ok? Everyone have a great weekend, keep warm!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Congrats on the 2# loss. That's great.

My daughter took my GD to a parade for Halloween. I didn't know about this parade, in a nearby town about 12 miles from here. So it's close, but I never heard of it. Not sure how many years it's been going on but there are hundreds and hundreds of people who show up. Lots of bands and floats and candy tossed everywhere. you dress up for it too - the kids and some adults if you choose to do so. My daughter wore a purple wig, just to take part, and the little one was a Biker Babe - black dress, black boots up to the knees and a black leather jacket, lipstick and gel in her hair for that messy/curled look. She was adorable. My grandson went with them. He's 17 now, a junior in HS. He and his buddies got together Friday night, but they all had plans for Saturday night and he went along to help keep track of his sister. She can be a handful and in a crowd you need all the extra hands you can get. I stayed home for candy distribution. We only had a dozen kids. My brother who lives about 8 doors down the street from me went through 6 bags of candy! But the sidewalk on our street ends about 3 doors down from him. So there's no sidewalk on my end of the street and it isn't as well lit. Guess that's it. I enjoyed the night though. My cousin came to visit and he had carved a pumpkin for me. He used to do it for mom and bring it over. Now that mom passed away he brings it for me. It was a nice 'treat.'

I lost 3#. I'm so happy. I did cave and eat 5 of those mini Snickers, my favorite. But I still lost 3# and I'm thrilled. I'm on the right track.

Have a great day/week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  10:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cripes, I gained the 2 lbs back again & it's driving me nuts! But, I know it was the halloween candy & it's totally my fault, sooo.....I did hop on the tread this am already & hopefully will again later today. I didn't go on it at all on Saturday, oops. So beb, how did you do last week? You were happy about it but didn't want to say anything yet.

This weekend was a hard one. Youngest broke down on me & told me how unhappy he is that we can't go & do things as a family. I know how he feels. But I have to figure out things that can work so he doesn't feel so left out, that there's nothing we can do. Can only hope things get better not worse. I have no idea how they'd get worse...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  10:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, we must have been posting at the same time. Look above your post and see mine from earlier this AM.

I was getting to my work and popped back in to tell you that my boss did great with the surgery! He's home already. I talked to him yesterday and he was reading, sounded strong, and hopes the 2nd surgery can be done this Friday, the 6th. That's his b-day and so I told him I hope so too. It's your b-day and it's what you want.

OK. You gained the 2# back. That darn candy can do it. I couldn't stay out of it either. But now we move forward.

Maybe your son can help you plan things that involves him. You have your plate full. I know that. I just don't know how much more you can handle. Is he happy having friends over? That's one way for him to have some entertainment, and you're still there. Board games. Read together later in the evening. I don't know. Good luck.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  5:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm gettin real tired of that BMI thing always on the screen when I come here. What a pain! I noticed after I'd done my writing that you'd just posted beb. Funny!

Glad to hear your boss is doing well, more power to him! If they have the gumption for it, they'll do well. Hope he does well later on this week.

Super ya lost the 3#! Man, makes ya feel good huh! And then we have to go & have some candy....oops. I have a real bad sweet tooth, I'm real bad.

I do have him bring over a buddy to hang out with after school, so that helps a little. But he misses the goings-on we used to do & I know that. Gotta try to figure out a plan so he'll be ok. We do some games, but we can't have mom do any with us because her ability to understand & comprehend is shot from the stroke she'd had yrs ago. Sooo.....

Have a good week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm tired of that BMI thing to. I know what you mean.

My boss is doing well. Talked to him this AM. The second surgery will take place Friday just like he hoped it would.

I hope things change so that your youngest gets his family/fun time like he used to. We don't always realize how much they treasure that sort of thing until it's lost to us. This isn't lost though. It's just sort of 'on vacation.' Things will change. Somehow it will all work out.

Babs

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  3:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, all set for the surgery tomorrow. No worries, there's nothing to worry about. I swear, she's a superman, only I have no idea what her kryptonite is. Cancer isn't it, neither is strokes, heart attacks, whatever. Have no idea what would do it in.

It's almost 60 today & I have a few windows open even. And the wind isn't even blowing, amazing. It's like spring. But I can't go on about wishing for spring already!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use