New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So today's the surgery. Good luck.

You have the strangest weather, jenjs. 5" of snow one day, 60 degrees the next day. I guess if you don't like the weather one day, hang in there. It'll change for sure. It's like that here in the Midwest. That's for sure.

Take care of yourself, jenjs. Your plate is overflowing.

Harley, I hope everything's OK with you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  09:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everything went well yesterday, jenjs. Time spent at a hospital is tiresome and seems to drag on forever.

I just made a pot of pumpkin spice coffee. Pretty tastey.

Can you believe that 3 weeks from today is T-giving? This is one of the fastest years yet.

It's nice here today. In the 60's by this afternoon and it's nice out now. Chilly, but nice.

Tomorrow my boss has his second round of surgery. I 'think' sometime after that is when they'll know if it has accomplished what everyone hopes, i.e. the ability to walk rather than shuffle for one thing.

Better get busy. Have a great day. Hey, harley, how's it going with you? How are the new calves doing?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  09:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mom did do well, should be home today sometime. Like I said, superman she is. I hate hospitals, I really do.

The coffee sounds good, the smell I would go nuts over more than the taste. I love this time of yr smells. Today they say it should be around 70, imagine that for November. I have no idea where the yr went either. It goes way too fast anymore.

Hey harley, ya doin ok??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  09:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad your mom did well. She is amazing. I must say. Great stamina!

I love the smells of this time of year too. On the way to work this AM my usual radio station was all Christmas! Good grief. I would love to enjoy one holiday at a time. Each one should be allowed to be unique. Anymore, it's all about money. That ends up being Christmas. While I love Christmas and the music is wonderful, I'd like to put it off for awhile.

Enjoy your weekend.

Harley, you don't have to do a lengthy post. But I'd sure love to know you're OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back to the same grind. Didn't have a great week, I did lose a lb, that's all, but didn't gain anymore either, so should be happy huh. I did walk this am & only once yesterday, didn't do well on that this week. Ugh.
Today or Monday we should know if she has to have the rest removed or not. No biggie there, she just breezes thru it anyways. I just wish I knew why she hangs on so hard! It's a hard thing for me to comprehend, if she's so misreable & unhappy, why fight so hard? Don't get it..
Know what ya mean on Christmas. Went to the store the other day & heard music already. Gimme a break! I love Christmas too & have some CDs I love to play over & over....when it's close to the time, not now. Wish it could be like it was yrs ago, not over what you get, but who you can have around, family, time. I would love to have my gma around again & help her make her goodies & just be there. Now that's Christmas.
I do hope harley is just busy but will check in soon. She has to be ok, all there is to it. This time of yr usually is pretty hectic on a farm I would imagine.

All have a good weekend!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  4:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quick check in. Got to work this morning and the power was out. I don't know what the power company was doing but it sure messed me up. I didn't regain power until 12:15. I went home and had them call me when power was restored. Couldn't see. Couldn't work without a fax, computer, copier, phones . . .

Hope everything works out better for you this week, jenjs. Congrats on the pound. That is not a bad weight loss. I lost 1/2# and that's my own fault. Should have and could have done a better job.

I need to set the DVR for Biggest Loser tomorrow night. I won't be home and I do like to watch it.

Back to work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  6:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mom's back in the hosp again. They think she has divurticulitis (?) this time, not exactly sure. Sooo, she's there for a few days anyways. Always something...

This week I gained about a 1/2 lb, ugh. Not the best of weeks. Who knows how this week is gonna go.

How did your boss do on the surgery? Well I hope. Sounded like he did well last time, always a good deal.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  09:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry your mom's having problems again. I really don't know how you manage everything. Let's hope things change for the better and real soon.

It wasn't the best of weeks. So you gained 1/2#. It will come off again. Your determined and that's 90% of the battle.

My boss did very well with the surgery. I talked to him Saturday night. I was amazed. The surgery lasted around 2 1/2 hours. He son called Saturday night while I was at Mass. I returned the call and he said they brought him home late that afternoon. I'm just amazed at how well he's done. He even talked to me and sounded so strong. They won't 'turn anything on' for 3 - 4 weeks. So we'll know more about how successful the surgery was then.

The world of medicine is amazing!

Hope you have a better week this week.

Harley! Where are you? I'm sure you're just busy now getting things ready for the winter at home with all the animals, and busy at work. Just thinking of you . . .

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  09:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, I forgot to tell you that I bought a box of peppermint tea. The brand name is Bigelow. I just fixed myself a cup and it is wonderful. I thought of you because you said you're a tea drinker. I'm a coffee drinker but this time of year especially I enjoy hot tea. It's so calming. The smell of this is soothing (I'll bet it would be good to drink when you have a cough.). Might be something you could enjoy now with all of the stress in your life.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  6:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried the peppermint tea, but that was ages ago. May have to soon & see if it's good & try to remember.

It is gonna be a hard week. Mom's not responding well like she did before with the pneumonia. Very out of it & not responding well at all. She was even a little more responsive yesterday than today. Not sure how it'll go this time. In a few days we'll have more of an idea if she either comes out of this or sinks lower into it. Just a big mess. Right now I'm home & trying to relax a bit. Hubby is limiting my time at the hosp right now, we'll do shifts. We're afraid something will happen with her & no one will be there. She's not hooked to any monitors or anything, which is scary. Dad was overcome by a fast spreading breakdown, could just as well happen with mom. One of mom's drs said he remembered being with dad & how his colon had just stopped. Can't do anything about that. Scary.

Glad your boss is sounding well, good deal. People that have that need to be there really do well. That's how mom's sister is too & she's 84, seems decades younger than mom. I really hope I end up more like her than mom in that aspect.

I'm crossing fingers that harley is doin fine, hopefully just busy...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  8:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies,miss a week checking in and sounds like you both have your hands full all the dr. stuff my little trip to the knee dr. sounds like nothing.Been going to springfield once a week to a knee dr. have 1 more shot of what I call greese to put in my knee got so bad I could'nt walk.But it is doing much better now.Sorry to hear your mom was back at the dr.but glad she is doing ok. Hope your boss is doing ok.

Had a new calf on Halloween named her spook.Still have 2 more cows to go wish they would hurry up.Got all the pastures brushhoged they look good for the winter.Put up all the bird feeders had lots of birds at them all week.Been really warm and pretty had all the doors and windows open just like spring time .Even have a stupid cherry tree that is just full of blooms.Roses all in bloom.

My friend at work had her shoulder operated on wont be able to wook for 6 months.She has 2 teenagers and single not sure how she will make ends meet.We had a dinner for her at work charged 5.00 for a person to eat raised 350.00 for her.she came in today to fill out some paperwork looks good but started to cry when she had to leave.Really miss her I try to call her every evening cause see gets pretty down.Butt she is tough and she'll be ok.

we have a new contest at work called maintain don't gain for the holidays we have 4 in my group 3 guys and me.If you lose a pound you get 10 points if you stay the same you get 5 points and if you gain they take 5 point away from you at the end of the contest which ever teem has the most points gets a prize.So far its been fun.

Well better get dogs want to go out.Take care

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  09:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!! Good to see you back! I can relate to the knee. I had surgery on mine yrs ago & it's just crap. But I'm not about to go have shots on it, I'll just wrestle with it. Oh well. You sound like you're ok tho....good deal!

We had mom put into ICU last night, she is just not doing well. They placed all kids of gadgets on her & a breathing tube in. I guess her throat was full of puss, yuck, making it hard for her to breathe & swallow. Her BP was way low, so they'd decided the ICU was a good bet. We'll see how the next day or so goes. Still have no idea how the biopsy is on the thyroid they did. Nothing like dropping the ball...

Long day ahead. Better go get washed up to go on back. Good to see you again harley!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  10:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley! Harley! I'm so glad you popped in to post. I'm glad you're OK. Sorry about the knee problem, but I'm thankful to hear from you. I have arthritis in my knees and I've had a shot. It wasn't bad actually and it was amazing how well it worked.

Jenjs, sorry about your mom. I hope she improves. You're having so many up and down days. Don't know how you take it all in stride, but you seem to.

Spook. What a neat name! Isn't it amazing, harley, that you have cherry trees and roses in bloom? I have one rose. I couldn't get over it. This, to me, still isn't Indian Summer. I think of Indian Summer as very, very warm days (almost hot) during autumn. We haven't had that here.

Good luck to both of you with your health problems. My boss is doing great. They will begin the 'programming' of everything for him the Tues. after T-giving. He's amazing.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  7:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry about your mom,your one tough cookie to handle everything like you do.must be the rock of the family to hold it all together just don't forget to take care of you!ok!!!

They put the last shot of Supartz in my knee today some kind of joint fluid therapy THIS PUPPY HURT!!!!!!! but when it was all done and I was half way home it finally quit hurting had blood running down my leg from the needle hole spazzed me out alittle.Had the corticosteroids shot before that helped for almost a year.Dr said this should help so we'll see how it goes.

Glad your boss is doing good. lots for all of us to be thankful for this holiday even for new friends that help keep me sane at times.Hope you both have a really nice holiday and enjoy family and friends.Will keep you both in my prayers.Until next time be safe.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick update. They'll try today to take mom off of the tubes & see how she responds herself, so we will see. She has cancer in her thyroid, so it's spread from somewhere & no idea from where. So if scans will be done I don't know, but no more surgeries. So when she's discharged we'll be bringing in hospice to help out. No more of this crap. She can't do it anymore.
I did manage to walk day before, but otherwise not really much this week. Haven't cleaned house or anything & that gives me some peace, weird I know, but it does. I'm able to do something good & keeps my mind occupied.

Glad everyone is doing well. Check in soon....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  12:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, glad the knee is beginning to get some relief from the pain. I think that blood running down my leg would have freaked me out.

Jenjs, I'm really sorry about your mom. I agree with harley. You are definitely one tough cookie. You've earned some peace.

I was thinking just the other day that this is a year where I have so much to be thankful for. And, yes, my new friends is on that list.

Just got back from the DDS. Look guys - no cavities!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  7:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They took out the tubes this afternoon & is doing well so far. Probably move her to another floor tomorrow, let her rest for tonight. I couldn't stay in the room while they took all the tubes out, no way. I could never be a nurse, thought that as a kid, but not now!! There's no way.
Older sis will be coming tomorrow, not exactly thrilled about it, but oh well. She was on my craplist the last time she was here, when dad passed. She's not welcome in my home anymore, not for treating my hubs like crap in our own home. I really don't think so! Hopefully she won't be around too long, Sunday at the longest. Hope it goes fast...

Will keep y'all posted...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  7:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jenjs stay strong and keep your head up you'll get past what ever anyone dishes out.Hope you and your mom rest well tonight.You really need it.

No cavities beb-way to go don't like the DDS any better then th Dr. Knee feels better then it has in along time just hope it last for awhile.

Deer season starts Sat. morning all the city slickers will be headed to the conservation ground that sets behind my place (360 acres)so won't be safe for me or the dogs to do any roaming around outside for a couple of week.Moved the cows to the front pasture so no fool thinks they are deer.Had a friend that lost a young colt last year hunters said they thought it was a deer,colored like one.Can you see the look on the agents face when they tried to check it in at the check station.

Got to go need to put the chickens to bed have 1 little rooster that thinks he has to be hand carried in and put on his roost every night.I really do love the animals,have alot of fun with them they are all so different sounds funny to think that they have a personality but most of them really do.Take care

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  10:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, sounds like your might be improving. I agree with harley. You definitely need some rest and 'hold your high' is right! You've done everything for your parents and your husband has helped with all the work too. No one has the right to come in your home and criticize. No one.

I don't like the DDS either, but I sure hate having a toothache. I had problems with cavities as a kid and as I got older. I have a mouthful of crowns, but not that's perched on top of my head! My mouth is worth a fortune. But I don't have problems much anymore. Been about 6 - 8 years now since I've had a serious problem. I never got a simple cavity. Went straight to abcess. Pain. Everything is genetic. My mom had the same problem.

Deer season would be dangerous by you, harley. Didn't think about that until I read your post. Seems like every year there are problems.

I love hearing about all of your animals. I love them too. My little granddaughter loves every little critter that comes her way. She kisses Tucker goodbye in the mornings and 'hello' when she gets home. Tells him she loves him, lays by him on the floor sometimes. This morning she was nibbling on a 'pupcake' before getting ready for school. She had bare legs and I said - Abby, you have red and white icing all down your leg and around your mouth. You sure look funny. Her mom said it was time to get ready for school (preschool). She was going to get a warm washcloth and we heard Abby say: Here, Tucker, you can lick the icing on my leg. Shares everything!

I leave in the morning for a 3 day fun trip with some friends from church. We're going to the factory outlet mall at Osage Beach. Christmas Shopping. Only I don't have a clue what I intend to give anyone. It'll just be fun to get away. I'll talk to you on Tuesday. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  5:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick note here before all hell breaks loose. Mom is on her way home right now, hospice is coming along also. She still has the pneumonia & refuses to let it heal, so it's a short time I'm guessing before it's her time. I've been wrong plenty of times tho!

And...I also found out today that I am now pregnant...at 44. Big sigh! What a flippin day! And Friday the 13th no less. What next?? Really!!! Y'all really have to say a HUGE prayer for this one here...

Hope all have a great weekend, cross your fingers for me..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use