New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  6:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh My God Jenjs,what else can happen to you?Sorry but could'nt help but laugh had to read your note to the old man even.Ihope your happy about being pregant even at 44 grandma would have said God has plans for you.and you know what he really must casue he sure is giving you a good test this last year anyway congrats on the baby news.Hope your mom is doing better.Can't wait to see what beb has to say.Setting here with this stupid grin on my face that I can't seem to get off just thinking about you life sure can give some big surprises sometime.Hope your ok with everything.Keep us updated.Best wishes kid!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  09:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know!! But ya know, I had a lot of long talks with God about if something like this would happen & I had asked that if I ever did, to make sure He takes care of mom, because I am not able to do that being pregnant too, specially later. Sooo, we will see what happens!

Cripes, I know.....what else??! I am glad I got a smile from you tho, I really am. I got a huge one from mom too, it really made her day. So that was a good thing.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  7:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey girl,hope all is ok.You'll be great as a mom just ask your other kids.I have a friend that turns 28 on Sat. she is a single mom has a 5 year old girl I found a playhouse from one of the guys I know that does'nt have any small kids any longer so he let me have the playhouse spent all weekend painting it made flower boxes for the windows,made a name plate with dragonflies and butterflies on it plus the little girles name,put up lights that take batteries,found a small stuffed racoon and put it on the porch rail.Now if it will just stop raining so I can get the trailer into there yard to unload it she will have her own playhouse to play in.

My son called wanted to know if I wanted a doll for christmas to go with my playhouse since I was reverting to childhood games.Told him better watch it or I might find something dumb for his christmas.he had a good laugh about the playhouse.I think I've had more fun fixing it up then they will playing in it.Always thought it would have been so much fun to have had a little girl.Maybe you'll get a little girl.

better get have 2 new kittens that think I need to be playing with them.Take care

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  09:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Holy cow! Thought of another word but figured this would be censored right out of here.

Oh, yes, I'm smiling and I'm thinking - She's a care giver by nature. She's already a great mom. She'll be fine. But I have a question: What does daddy think about all of this? Did he pass out? Is he smiling? Is he planning? What about your youngest? How is he taking all of this?

I just can't get over it. Wow! That was some news to come back to. Jenjs, everything will work out just fine. I agree. This baby will bring so much joy to all of you. Look. You got a smile out of your mom and that was a treasure in itself.

On your mom, I'm sorry. I'm so terribly sorry. You sure do have a lot to deal with. I want to caution you though, and I know I don't really need to, but be careful and take care of yourself and your new baby. You can only do so much.

Sheesh! What a shocker.

Harley, I love it. The playhouse for your friend's little girl sounds wonderful. You're such a good person to do all of that. I would have loved working on it too. It's terrific. And you gave your son a good laugh too. Of course, I love dolls and would have said 'Oh, yes, give me a doll for Christmas.'

Had a great weekend with my friends. Got a little Christmas shopping done. We just had fun. Lots of laughs. Lots of shopping. The MainStreet Musical Christmas Program was terrific. Didn't exactly eat so great but didn't do too bad either. Haven't weighed. I was dead Monday night. Up early and moving fast yesterday AM and didn't weigh. Meeting last night, back up early this morning for church and another meeting tonight. I'm tired! But it's a different tired and I'm loving it. We're already planning a return trip in the spring. One of the gals is a golfer. She talked us into 'at least 9 holes' when we go back in the spring. I have never golfed in my life! It will be fun, a challenge and something new.

Oh, my gosh, I have to stop grinning and I really should pick my chin up off the floor! God love you, jenjs! This tells me that you and hubby are terrific people. What a gift you have been given.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  1:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks beb! That is sooo funny, how both you & harley just couldn't stop smiling. That does crack me up. Went to the dr yesterday & had bloodwork started, tried to hear a heartbeat but he couldn't find it, he said it'd probably be too soon. He changed my BP meds, I don't like it, feels like my heart is gonna pound out of my chest. If it keeps up, next week I'm gonna tell him to stop it. I'm not too keen on any meds like that right now anyways. I really don't think it'd help the baby much & would hurt it more than help me. He needs to re-think.

Hubs is actually getting used to it. He said if it were a false positive we would have to keep trying then, he likes the idea now that it is true. But we're both overwhelmed still! Hasn't fully sunk in yet for me. I have a lot of talking into still for it all!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  10:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, I'd be careful with the meds too. If you feel like your heart is racing, definitely let your MD know as soon as possible.

You sound upbeat and positive about it. That's the main thing. This new little life has a purpose, and he or she will bring so much to your lives. It's wonderful. One week from today when you give thanks you have definitely got a lot to be thankful for. I was thinking about your mom smiling too. Isn't that something? I think it's definitely wonderful for all of you.

Darn. We have another we, gloomy, dreary day here. I am so tired of the dark, grey days and the rain that I could just scream. One problem - wouldn't change a thing.

I'm still thinking about the T-giving menu. I always try to add new things and end up going back to the old tried but true foods. I just know that this year I will add roasted veggies to the menu for myself. I will have stuffing, but limit the portion. I will have pumpkin pie but I think I'll make a separate 'pumpkin sugar free custard' for myself. In other words, I'll have a SF pumpking filling without the crust. I love it. Got used to it years ago with my mom who was diabetic. She watched her diet so carefully because she didn't want that dreaded insulin. She never had to resort to that either. So I thought - hey, I could learn a thing or two from mom!

The holidays are so wonderful, but they do make me think of my parents and brother who are deceased. My brother was 11 months older than me and died at 27. He lived in Springfield MO and taught at SMSU. Ring a bell, harley? Do you know of SMSU? Great campus. He had a brain aneurysm (sp???). Died within 4 days. Dad's been gone now for 27 years - lung cancer. Mom died 5 years ago from lymphoma and another liver cancer. I still have my sis and brother though. I have my kids and grandkids. But that doesn't mean I don't miss the ones who are gone. I think it's the memories, childhood memories mostly. I'm a sentimental sap I guess.

Well ladies I better get busy here. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  2:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I stopped the BP med, I'm not gonna go on feeling like that plus a headache with it. He either has to figure a different med or just stop them all together. I didn't take any today & I feel better already. No more of it.
It's all sunny & got in the low 60s the other day. No snow for awhile now, just a skiff a few days ago. We're not lucky with rain, just snow. I'd love to have rain, be nice, then it's not cold enough to snow. I know about the dreary, mom's really affected by it. Good that it's been so nice lately for that.
I go with the traditional turkey goodies. No ones too big on the sweet taters around here, so I don't do that. Hubs makes a stuffing that's more like a meatloaf & it really bastes the turkey sooo yummy juicy. I don't like stuffing at all, give me the jeebies, yuk! Took me awhile to get used to the pumpkin pie too, but I do like it. The texture is weird is all. I like to make the pecan pie, of course, but I use maple syrup & it is soooo good.
The holidays are a rough time for a lot of reasons anyways. It's a guessing game to see if mom will be here for Christmas, I expect she will be. When we were kids dad used to spray the fake snow on the hearth & put boot prints on it to look like Santa had come, that was such a cool deal! We were soo happy to find that in the morning. Such a good idea, I'll have to do that with the little one. With the boys I never had a fireplace so I couldn't do the same. We just remember the good memories with those that aren't with us & imagine they're still here to see it over our shoulders. I've had a few times where I've sat by the tree & have heard someone say my name but there's no one there or even close. It happens to me all the time. Even the day before, I was in the kitchen, by myself & no one around & someone said my name. It's always a woman's voice, never a man's. It's strange, but it actually puts me at ease, I know I'm not alone then.

Okey dokey, I better go & do my stuff & quit puttin it off. All have a great day. One week till turkey!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  09:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you're feeling better. Just hope the BP doesn't give you fits without any meds.

What a neat idea your dad had. Memories, oh yes, there are so many and I cherish every one of them. My younger brother and sister always sat her little wooden table and chairs. They had their own 'dining table' and they had their own candles as they got older. They were really good not to touch them either. The only thing that creeped me out is they had to have catsup on their turkey. Now that is, to me anyway, a disgusting thought. But they had so much fun with it all. The big dining room table was right next to their little one, but it made it special for them. We always went to Mass on Christmas Eve and out for burgers and fries. It was our own celebration on the eve, and then turkey the next day. Mom would have preferred ham but dad insisted on turkey again. When I married and they came over I made both.

I've heard a voice before too. I know in my own heart it was my dad. Sounds strange, but it was him. I heard him during a difficult time in my life. I had left my husband, had the 2 kids and we were staying at mom's. I wanted my own place. I didn't have enough money for a dp on a home and I really didn't want to rent. Long story, but I heard him in the middle of the night and actually got up to answer him. Like he was still a live and I was a kid in my bedroom upstairs! He called my name several times. I said, 'What, dad?' Look around for him and as I returned to my bedroom I heard 'It's going to be all right. Everything will be OK.' Within a week my sister-in-law called to ask if I'd transcribe hearings for a court reporter she knew, at home in my own time. I was working full time and couldn't imagine how I'd do it all but I did and within a few months had enough for a dp on a home! I will always believe that was my dad's voice.

Got to work now. Take care ladies and have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  6:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I check my BP a few times a day, so I keep up on it & only once today it was a little high, but I'd been doing a lot of house stuff. Now it's real good. I'll see what the dr says on Tuesday.
The holidays can be a fun time. I hope I've made good memories for my boys, I know I have a lot of them myself with them. On Christmas Eve I usually make something spicy, whether it be italian or something mexican. Homemade lasagna is a good one. We vary between ham & turkey for the big dinner. But for a dessert I usually don't make one because there's so many cookies & candies!!
Isn't it odd how we have these voices from time to time? And a lot of the time it sounds like my older sisters' voice, but I haven't figured out how that could be.

All have a great weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  8:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies,Had to work today running behind on some orders so everyone is working 6 and 7 days again some of the crew has to be at work by 4 in the morning (called a short shift) hate them to sleepy to do anything after you get off work.

Had to go to a family night for my childhood friends father tonight he was 90 died Wed. will have the service sunday at 2.they had a movie playing at the service of family get-togethers,his wedding pictures,him on his horses,all the different times of his life they took plain pictures and some copany made the video for $20 you can get a copy of it for the family.It was really different but would love to have something like that made of my grandma.Told the ole man I wanted him together up pictures of me with all my family and make one for them when I was gone.

Moving on to more happy thoughts will take the playhouse to Karlee after work in the morning sure hope see likes it found a stuffed Racoon put it climbing up the column,and put 2 white teddy bears in a bench under the flowerbox they are holding 2 red hearts that say I Love You This Much!put a windchime on it.Hope all goes ok unloading it.

talk to you latter

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  2:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good to hear from you harley! The house sounds great, I bet they get a kick from it, that's a lot of work.
Heard of those CD's after one's passing. Supposed to do one for dad, but haven't gotten all the pics together yet. It's a great idea tho.
Getting everything together for turkey day, got the bird out to thaw today. Will start making pies on Tues or Weds, younger sis comes on Tuesday, should be fun. She's always such a hoot to have around. But she can only stay til Friday, which is a bummer but at least she can come.

It is windy as crap today & driving me nuts, a bit nippy too....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  6:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
glad to hear that your sister is comming you could use a fresh face and some new stories.Hope you both have a really good chit chat.

Got the playhouse delivered it was fun watching them play,they already told the guys that no boys could come in.They went in to get toys and dress up clothes to take out when I was leaving there mom said she will take pictures for me.I'll send some to the guy that let me have it so he can see how much fun they are having.

Have 2 new kittens that the dogs are chasing all around the house 1 named bugger cause he has a small black dot on the end of his nose and the other named Sheba cause she thinks she is somekind of queen.Better save the dogs I think they just lost the battle.Take care will check back as soon as can.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  10:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Monday already and in a few days the celebrations begin.

I have the turkey and everything else I need. Now all we have to do is begin the cooking.

The house sounds just adorable. I'm sure the girls will have wonderful memories. How nice of the man to donate it and you to paint and add the finishing touches. That's terrific. I'll bet it made you feel great to sit back and see them enjoy it.

Jenjs, so glad your sister is coming and that you enjoy her. That will be a little relief for you and someone to share some laughs with. Enjoy!

Went shopping over the weekend. Ordered a set of Pearl percussion drums for my grandson. He was 17 in October. I 'almost' bought a set several years ago. He talked about wanting a set and learning to play. Well, without going into a big long description here I'll just say - the idiot my DD was with at the time made me decide 'no way!' He considered himself a drummer and I considered and consider him a loser. I probably mentioned him before. Can't stand him. I didn't trust him then and still don't. But the drums will be in my home. So I ordered a set for him and have a place for him to take lessons too. He's going to be thrilled. His buddies have been after him to get drums (easy for them to say!) because one plays the guitar and the other the base. I'm going to have a noisy home but one filled with happiness and laughter. He has 2 of the best friends. They're such good kids. My DD and their parents seem to parent alike and have a lot of the same ideas. That's a plus. That idiot has been out of her life for 2 years - to an extent. He is the 'biological father' of my GD, who is 3 1/2. She's adorable and wouldn't give her up for anything - but him. Yuck! Enough on that. Can't change the past. I'm glad my daughter got her head out of the 'darkness' and is back to her old self again.

On with work. it's a short week. So glad to hear from both of you. 2 new kittens. What fun, harley!

Oh, I did weigh myself. I stayed the same. That isn't bad considering I haven't done the greatest. But my goal is not to maintain. It's to lose. And I will do that.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yup, then after Thursday, Christmas will be sooner than ya think. Just watch!

I relate to what you say about your daughter's ex, that's how mine was. It's so nice not to have to deal with that POS anymore! We have started the adoption for my hubs to adopt youngest, so I'm waiting for some sounds from the ex about it any day. The beauty part of it....he is not able to contest it if he doesn't pay up his child support, which there's no way in hell because he's over $19,000 overdue, so his chances are slim to nil. And none of his fam has the moola to help & they'd be total idiots if they do, that's just helping an alcoholic con-artist along. Anyhoos, the adoption will probably go with no problems since he's in prison (a real winner) & will have no say anyways since he won't pony up. That's our Christmas present, to be over & totally done with that POS forever.

Tomorrow I have another dr appt, then I'm going to start making the pies. Mom's nurse came by this AM & she said she can tell from the last visit that mom is starting to slip. She said it may be a few weeks, hard to tell. But the nurse will be by every day up to turkey day to see how she is & keep tabs on her. If we need them someone is on call 24/7, so I really have no worries about all of that. It'll be a surprise to me if she doesn't make it in a few weeks, because I see her going months still.

Well hey, you didn't gain & that's a plus for the time of year. Be happy. I can't worry on that right now anymore, but I'm not going to go overboard either, I can't be gaining over 25 lbs, just not good for either of us & there's no reason to. But I did check this AM & I had lost a lb since last week, not knowing since I'm watching everything pretty close. Go figure....and no sickness. Huh.

Ok, all have a fun Monday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I refer to Abby's bio dad as just that - bio dad or sperm donor. That's all he was. He doesn't work. Doesn't have to work. His parents let him live in their home, while they travel around right now in one of those big RV homes. They added on a room to their home here for them - living area with bedroom all in one. The idiot has his room and now his first daughter lives there too. It's such a dysfunctional family. Mine is far from perfect. I'm not even going to claimw we are but this is ridiculous. How can they allow him to live off of them? What would make him clean up his act? Nothing. 2 years ago (Abby will be 4 in February) there was a suit filed by him for sole custody, child support, you name it. Well, that didn't go far. My DD has sole custody and he has 'rights to see her.' I told the attorney (my daughter's) that that family isn't even fit to lay eyes on her. The short time my daughter was with him was my worst nightmare. he caught her at a prime time. Her husband had been messing around with her good friend. Can you believe it? That took place while she worked nights. My ex sil did marry the gal and now my daughter, GS and GD live with me, here in IL. They did live at Lake of the Ozarks. harley, that's your neck of the woods sort of. It's in the past and my GD is fine, lovely. But oh, boy.

Sounds like your youngest will get a peach of a dad. That's a great Christmas present.

Sorry to hear about your mom. We had hospice for my mom too. They pretty on target with what they said, but then you never know. It isn't a call that any human can make actually. I like hospice though. They are easy to reach. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday.

Harley, I you and your family have a terrific holiday too. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

We all 3 have a lot to be thankful for this year. Sometimes I sit back and have a bit of a pity trip. Then I think - oh, come on! You've got nothing to cry about. I guess I just need to clean out my tear ducts once inawhile.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  6:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Down to the nitty gritty now eh? Made one pie today, went to the dr & all was fine. Not doing the BP meds right now, maybe later as time goes.
Mom is a little better today, not huge, but a little more chipper than yesterday. Maybe that's since the sis will be here soon. That's ok. And now I guess her car is needing fixed also, it's a curse to come see me lately. So maybe she can stay til Saturday....she won't have a choice if she has to wait for parts!!

I am always thankful for what I have....a place to call home, heat for said home, food in my bigger tummy, family that loves me & all that jazz. Things could be sooo much worse. It's been a helluva year for us this year, but hopefully the next will be so much better.

Hope all have a wonderful, safe & happy Thanksgiving!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  09:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You have the right attitude, jenjs. I totally agree with you.

I hope you enjoy your holiday with your family and especially your visit with your sister. I talked to my sister last night. She and her husband are going to a mobile home they have south of here. They're going to move there in March. Very nice. Only about 2 hours from here and they've had the place now for around 12 years. They get there on weekends a lot. He's a laborer and has stayed there when it's just as close to his work at the time. Doesn't happen often, but it happens. I love it there. Peaceful. It's on a lake, Lake Egypt. I have looked for a piece of property there myself for when I retire. He's also a hunter - deer and duck. So it's the perfect getaway for them. Of course, things will change when they live there. He will give over a lot of his 'duck and deer' decor to let my sis do her own thing.

We do have so much to be thankful for. Enjoy your holiday. Harley, have a wonderful T-giving.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  10:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I hope you both had a lovely holiday. I enjoyed the holiday. I ate whatever I wanted but I did one thing differently - I didn't keep going back for more. It made a difference because I weighed this morning and I stayed the same. This week I'm thrilled with that. I kept tiptoeing around the scale this AM and was not going to get on. But I decided I'd better get on that scale and check the damage. I'm glad I did. Keeps me motivated.

Jenjs, how was your visit with your sister? I'm sure you had a grand time. How's mom doing?

Harley, how are your newest additions? You have such a never-ending cycle of new life with all of your critters there - calves, kittens. So much fun.

My grandkids decorated Saturday. I had a wedding to go to. My grandson shampooed the carpets for me. Thank God!! They look so much better. I have my own carpet cleaner and it isn't nearly as good as having them professionally done. But it beats not doing them, which is what was happening for awhile there. I feel better about everything. I came home to a Christmas tree - trees actually. My little one decorated her very own small tree. My daughter said she had a ball with it. I really should start wrapping the presents that I already have too.

It was hard getting up and getting ready this AM. 4 days off. I sure was spoiled! Have a great day and a wonderful week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  3:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you had a great holiday! Ours was good, always fun to see sis, never fun for her to go so soon but oh well.
Good deal that you'd stayed the same!! Always a plus not to gain, specially during a holiday. That's tough. I guess I probably gained a couple #, not good but oh well. Gonna try to eat a little better for the week. Don't want to go to the drs next week & see I gained more than 5#! Holy crap, that is definitely not good.
I did put up our wreath by the front door, and I should start wrapping what I do have. I got extremely lucky today & found the game that youngest wants....finally!! Everyone online is out & amazon had some for almost $200, so forget it. I was losing hope, so now he has what he wanted the most. Lucky day!!

K, I really should go & get some stuff done, feeling a little lazy today. Tomorrow a storm is supposed to be blowin thru with about 3 in expected, so I think I'll open the windows a bit. il it gets too nippy...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Glad you had a good holiday too. For you, eating healthy is important. I agree. But I don't think you should stress too much on it. It's a given that you will gain weight.

When I pregnant with my son, I lost about 18#. I was probably 25# or so overweight when I got pregnant though. I was so darn sick the first 4 months that I couldn't keep much down. I tried everything. Saltine crackers first thing in the morning. Never coffee. The thought of it, much less the smell of it, made me run to the bathroom. Quit smoking. Couldn't stand the thought of bacon and eggs, which I dearly love. Drank 7Up or Sprite all the time. It didn't work. My husband was in the Navy and I went to OB on base, but I had to wait until I was at 'least 2 months pregnant.' They won't take you before 2 months, at least they wouldn't then. So I knew I was pregnant. I went to a civilian MD to find out for sure. Then I called the base and said - have mercy!! I'm puking non-stop. I don't do anything but sleep and I have a job. I have got to do something. So they took me. Put me on pills and it took several weeks before they kicked in. I got huge with my son, but it was all stomach and all out front. Didn't show I was pg if you looked at me from behind - unless I was walking. Definitely had the pg waddle walk. He weighed 9# 3 oz, 21 1/2" long. Today he's 6'4". Then a couple years later I was pg with my daughter. I was kind of squeamish for a couple of months, but with her I gained weight and gained all over. She weighed 8# 6 oz and was 19 1/2" long. Today she is 5' 11". I'm 5' 8" and their dad is 6' 4". They have that German build from their dad's family and my dad's family. My daughter's son is 6'5" and he's a jr in high school. He weighed in at 9# 8 oz, 22". Just had his 17th b-day. The little one will be 4 in February and I don't know how tall she is. She weighed in at 8# 4oz, 19 1/2". She has some long legs but her 'biological idiotic father' is short, among other things. My son's son is tall but I'm not sure 'how tall.' He's 12 now, a guess would be around 5' 4". He weighed 10# 5 oz, 20 1/2" at birth. You never know what's going to happen. Some get their height young, others as they age. My mom swore dad grew after they married and he was 22 when they married. Dad was 6' 4". His mom was the shortest one in his family at 6'. No clue why I got on height and weight. Go figure. I'm rambling again.

Got my hair cut last night. That always makes me feel so good about myself. I can't go beyond 4 weeks. I look real shaggy.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at St. Louis Bread Co. It's the same as Panera Bread Co. Do you have one by you? I don't know how far reaching they are. harley, you probably have one in your area.

Glad you found what your son wanted for Christmas. Makes you feel good when you get them exactly what they asked for. he'll be so happy.

I haven't started wrapping. I hate to wrap. But I should get moving on it.

Have a great day. Oh, we have rain and then snow predicted for tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use