New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I love to hear other pg stories, they're so interesting! I never did get sick with any of mine, even this one so far. Older sis was sick like you with her 1st, a girl, but not her last, a boy. And I thought my 1st was big at 8#, man, you all have some big genes in the fam don't ya??! The 1st was 8#, 2nd was only 6 1/2#. I had the gestational diabetes with 2nd, I'm guessing I did w/the 1st, but then they didn't check for that. We'll see with this one. I got up to 194 # with 1st, which I felt huge! With 2nd I didn't get as big, maybe 170. Like you, some didn't even know I was pg with #2 until they saw the front of me. And even then they didn't believe me! Funny. But I'm doing ok so far on this one, just a lot of heartburn of course, always do.

We don't have either of those places ya had lunch at, sound nice tho. My guess is they probably stop at Iowa or around there. The only way we're able to go out at any time is if mom would be in the hosp, otherwise we don't hardly ever, unless a sis comes for awhile & we sneak out for a bit. But they hardly ever come around. Gets old too.

I debated on wrapping yesterday, but didn't. I need to find a good place to keep the Santa stuff, where it won't be found. We have so many rooms, but everyone goes in them all the time so it makes it hard. Gotta get creative somehow.

The snow is supposed to come in today this aft & stay thru like Thurs & get down into the single digits at night....winter has come. Well, it is December anyways so what the heck. Would be nice tho to stay in the 50s all month, could get used to that easily!

See, it's Tuesday already, the time will go fast...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  09:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you watch Biggest Loser last night? Wow. They look good. Next Tuesday is the finale. It's amazing how much weight they've lost. Of course, they've worked out 6 - 8 hours a day, been on the ranch where there's only healthy food, etc. Makes a difference. But this week was when they were home for 60 days, the final 4. Now it's time to vote one of the 2 under the yellow line to see who the final 3 will be for next week. They also ran a marathon, 26.2 miles. I can't believe they did it, but they did it.

It's pretty grey looking out this AM. Rain and then snow moving in later today, snow tomorrow. I don't know if it will amount to much, but it's at least seasonal weather.

Off to work now. Hope you're having a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've missed BL for the last few weeks. I'll have to go online & read up on it.

It got to 5 below last night, too nippy! Got about 3 in of snow & flurries are supposed to be on & off til tomorrow, probably won't get anymore I would guess. It's now 5 above, so we're creepin up anyways.

We tried to get mom to wear oxygen during the night, to help her sleep better & help with the headaches, but she refused. There were 2 guys that came by yesterday to set it up & for nothing. Hubs is waaaayupset about it, I tried to warn him about it. I knew she wouldn't do it. And he thinks he knows her inside out....he still has a lot of learning to do!

It's wednesday....all downhill from here...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just typed a post. Hit 'Submit Reply' and everything went whacko! No idea where it went.

Much shorter version - hope you're both doing well. How's your mom, jenjs? How are your new little critters doing, harley? Hope both of you are well. I've got to get busy.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, don't feel bad....that's happened to me I don't know how many times, oh well.

Mom is doing pretty well actually. Confined to her bed she isn't, stubborn she is. She's refused the ozygen we set up at night for her of course, so she's ok. Everyone thinks she'll not last long, I know she will for quite awhile still. But once I get along more, the less I'm going to be able to do, so sisters will have to decide to either take her in, or she'll go into the hospice home. There's no way I can take care of her & a small one, I'd never get any sleep at all. Neither would hubs. He doesn't get much right now as it is.

Harley, hope all is well & your turkey day was a good one. Is it getting a bit nippy out there? You guys don't get as cold as we do it seems, but yours has a lot more humidity to it than ours.

Today I'm gonna try to make my almond brittle for oldest & one of my sisters. Should turn out ok, it never lasts for long tho. Too yummy not to eat!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  10:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
5 below. Wow. Now that's cold.

Wonder why your mom refuses oxygen. I'm glad you're facing the situation with your mom now, realizing you won't be able to continue to care for her and a new baby - plus your youngest son and husband, and home . . . What about yourself??? If you don't start getting some rest and just a tad bit of "ME" time, you won't be much use to anyone. That isn't being selfish either. You do have to take care of yourself.

I was wondering this morning how to handle gift wrapping. I think what I'll do is assign numbers - the oldest (grandson) will be assigned odd numbers and the little one will have even numbers. So I can wrap and put #1, 3, 5, . . . on Joe's gifts. Then have #2, 4, 6 and so forth on Abby's gifts. Gifts for my daughter will not be numbered. Gift exchanges will have a name on them. I can stick them in big trash bags in my room or something. It's tough. I know what you mean.

I'm glad you're feeling so good. That helps. You don't have to be sick.

Oh, yes, we have some big genes in my family.

Harley, hope you're doing OK. Maybe you'll get a chance to check in over the weekend.

Have a great weekend, ladies.

Oh, my boss returned yesterday. He had his first 'programming' session at the hospital on Tuesday. He is walking very well. I can't believe it. That will lessen within a couple of weeks I'm told. They have to 'fine tune' these things and that's why it takes 6 months. He'll return to his doctor in a month. They'll 'program' some more. This will continue, but it already shows he's a success story.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  1:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mom had a bad day yesterday, wasn't sure how she'd do thru the night. Today she's more alert than yesterday already so we'll see. It's starting to get awful touchy now, so who knows how it'll go. All I know is the farther I get, I know I'll be pretty limited on what I can do, so the sisters have to decide what to do from then on out.

Hubs & I did go out for dinner last night, sis came to pick up her car that had to get fixed & she made us get out for a bit, so to dinner we went. It was nice to be out for a little even if it was only about an hr.

It's starting to snow a little, supposed to go on thru Tuesday from what they say. I'll believe it when I see it. It's always touch & go it seems when they say a big storm is coming thru.

Glad your boss is doing well!! That is super. It all has to do with their own outlook too, for as well as they recover & he obviously has a great one. That's how I want to be when I get older, and always doing something & staying active.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Last night I made a good new recipe for an almond-like shortbread made with butter & even some heavy cream & 2 oz of almond extract. It is yummy!! It's a good cloudy day to start doing some baking maybe...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good days. Bad days. There's no way of predicting them. I remember that all too well with mom. We had 'false hope' several times. It was almost like the calm before the storm. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, jenjs.

I'm glad you had your hubby got out even though it was for a short time. You both need that special time for yourselves and you don't get it. Won't get any later either! But oh, how sweet to have a little one again.

So you have snow. We have some predicted but I don't think it's suppose to amount to much. Then again the predictions may change later today. Hard to tell around here.

Hope you both had a good weekend. I had a good one, but it was so darn fast. Had fun at the party Saturday. Our entertainment was a bell ringer. The music was beautiful. Just loved it.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  10:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really don't think it'll be too long now for mom. She has the pneumonia back I think & another UTI, just guessing but I'd be willing to bet the farm she does.

It is cold!!! This am it's -12, brrrr. I guess a big storm is headed thru Colorado today & they're supposed to get dumped on big time....that's where older sis is. She said they're due to get up to 4 ft of the stuff, man. Well, se does live 20 mins from a ski resort, so there ya go. Them skiiers love it. I like cross country, downhill my kness can't take it. Youngest is wishing we were getting that storm, no school. He only has 2 weeks left anyways before he gets 3 weeks off total for Christmas, geez...

I was going to start baking this weekend, but just didn't have the mood for it. Today I may make the peanutbutter kisses cookies, those never last long. I need to send off olest's pkg today too, just in case he's not able to come. I hope he does tho, if even for the day.

Everyone keep warm & hope ya have a good Monday.....harley, where ya been??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to hear about your mom, but it doesn't surprise me. She isn't active like she used to be and that pneumonia will take her. Plus she has a host of other issues.

12. No kidding it's cold there. I went to my niece's wedding in Beaver Creek CO and fell in love with the area. They aren't from there. They live here by me, but they had vacationed there. They had the money for a wedding there (they're both attorneys) and so that's where they had the wedding. I went and loved every minute of it. Beautiful. But that's the only part of CO I've visited.

I was talking to my daughter last night saying it's time to get moving on cookies and candies for the holidays. I like to do some of that and include it as little gifts for 'special friends.'

Have a great day. Tonight is the finale for Biggest Loser.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We're told mom may have between 48-72 hrs now, since she hasn't eaten or drank since Saturday. She's not responsive, isn't able to take her meds now, just not good at all.

My bp is getting higher with all of this going on, try to get it down but I'm guessing it won't until we're done with it all now. I have a headache for the past 2 days that's driving me nuts, I need to lose the bugger & fast.

Most of the snow has passed, now the winds are kicking in. Have y'all gotten the snow? How much? It is pretty tho, I do like the looks of it, just not driving in it.

This weekend I'm having the hubs & youngest get a tree & we'll start getting ready. I did put up some garland with lights on the railing by the stairs, looks so pretty at night. I just can't seem to get into the spirit of things tho...imagine that.

I wasn't able to catch BL, I'm looking online at it to check it out....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, jenjs, I'm sorry. There are really no words to say at times like this other than to express my sympathy and let you know I care. No, it isn't good at all.

I sure hope you get your BP under control. How to do that is a mystery with everything you have going on right now. Is it possible for your sister to return and help you out?

We haven't had the snow yet. Flurries, but that's it. It's getting colder and the wind is horrible this morning. I opened the car door to get out at the post office this morning and before I could get out of the car the door banged into my leg. The wind is so strong it blew the door closed, or tried to.

I was able to watch Biggest Loser. It's amazing when I see the transformations and the tremendous amounts of weight lost in such a short time. Over 200# for Rudy and Danny. Wow!! I think Tracy and Rebecca would look better with a little more weight on them - say 5# or so. Their faces look gaunt. Listen to me. The one who NEEDS to lose weight, but it's true. I wonder if they've lost too much or if it's just 'where' they've lost it. They do all look so much healthier. Amazing transformations.

Take care, jenjs. Harley, how's it going??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sure is cold here. Been thinking about you, jenjs. Hope you're doing OK and keeping the BP under control.

Harley, thinking about you too and wondering how things are going with you. Hope all is well with you.

I have decided that whatever I don't have for Christmas isn't going to be had. That's it. I am finished. I don't need to spend another penny on gifts. All I'll have to do now is fix dinner.

Hope you're both doing OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  6:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mom has finally passed, this morning at 10:20. She had a rough night & I wasn't sure if we had her pain under control or not, her breathing was erratic & her stats were just as bad. I wish I knew that she was ok, I know it's strange, because heaven is a million times better than earth if not more...it's just not knowing. That's the worst part about death, ya just need to know your loved one is happy. Assumptions just don't cover it!

So, we're one tired bunch to say the least. But we can now start moving forward with what we need, slowly. So far the bp is ok, I had moments here & there of course where it wasn't good at all. But I will definitely be more into myself from here on out. Starting Saturday, we're going to start doing family things starting with going out for breakfast, then we'll go find our Christmas tree. It isn't very festive this year, hardly, but it is almost a new year. Time to get on a better start.

Thanks for being there, it means so much...you have no idea. I'll keep checking here & there, so don't worry!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  10:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your news is exactly what I expected I was going to hear. I'm so very sorry, jenjs. But you are right. She is in a better place, a happier place, with a healthy body. She's happy now.

I know what you mean that assumptions don't cover it. I'll tell you something that happened right after my mom died. She had planted a miniature rose bush right outside the door of my sunroom. I use that door to come in/out to take the dog out, put him in his fenced area. Days after mom's death (She died 9/8/05). It seemed like none of my roses did well that summer. I have several rose bushes - or had - because I got disgusted and pulled them all out. I'm ready to start over in the spring. Nothing did well last year, but I digress. The roses had not bloomed since at least June that year. I took the dog out to potty days after her death and there on her little rose bush was one rose bud. Bright red and gorgeous. The tears came and all I could think of was - Thanks! Mom's OK. She's happy.

I hope and pray that something like that happens for you. Only you will know it because it would be something that you relate to your mom. That is my wish for you. It would be a wonderful Christmas gift for you.

I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family will start to move forward too. You really need to do that for your own sake, your son's sake, your hubby's and your new little one. Oh, the mind is a tricky thing. Happiness and the support and love you will give each other will heal all of you. Rest assured that you have done everything possible for your parents - both of them - to make them happy and they know it too.

Enjoy your family time and your weekend. Get some rest!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  09:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jenjs so sorry to read about your mom.Hope your doing ok.Need to take care of you for awhile.

I have been on vacation just got back.Left for 1 day then the plant called on the 2 day could'nt get a machine to run so had to go back to the plant to fix it took maybe 40 mins.We are suppose to get another new machine in april or may like the one I run so things are pretty busy at work.

Been cold and windy here not ready for the cold the room we work in at the plant is about45 degrees so would think I would'nt mind but just can't stand to never fell really warm.Getting ready to sell some more calves.They are all getting pretty big and fat they still have really good moms to make as much milk as they do in the cold.

If you don't hear from very often its not that I don't think of you guys just get busy and before I no it I'm ready for bed.Have a Happy Holiday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  09:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Whoo, holy crap what a year. A long & fairly stressful one. Now we can start to enjoy everything again, it will be nice. Today I'm going to start my baking, long overdue by now! And then I'll have all kinds of goodies for next weekend, when everyone will be here for mom's services. Then we can remember all the good things we did, specially during the Christmas season. Sis had said mom is having her best Christmas this year since being little....she's with all of her folks & brother & dad, finally really happy.

I will notice something small for mom, if it should come around. That'll put my mind at ease. I hope it will at some point.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & harley....hope all is well with you! I do still worry aboout you too...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  09:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jenjs look at the time we both posted.Now tell me that the 3 of us don't think about each other.Enjoy the weekend making goodies and have a good week.

Beb hope you had a good weekend and have a better work week.You both take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm so happy to hear from you too, harley!

Jenjs, your sister's right. It will be a wonderful Christmas for your mom.

I do think of both of you. My long distance friends. I enjoy hearing from you both. It's OK if you can't get in here all the time, harley. I do because I'm on a computer at work all the time. So it works out for me.

Both of you have a great week. Jenjs, enjoy your baking and your family. Yes, your life is taking another new turn/twist. It's for the better too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  12:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried earlier this am in replying & the whole thing got lost. Roar!! That is soo irritating.

Yesterday I had to go to the hosp...I'm cramping & spotting a lot. They say it's a threatened miscarriage. I have a chance still of everything being ok, but there's more of a chance of losing the baby. I go to my dr tomorrow anyways, we'll do another ultrasound & see what they say. I'm hoping, maybe, if anything is happening there's a chance that it may be twins & one isn't doing well. Could be. They did say my amniotic sac was larger than what they thought it should be. Who knows.

I will keep y'all posted on what happens, don't worry. Just say a prayer...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use