New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  10:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's snowing here today. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. It's quite normal to be weepy and even sad. You've had so much stress and heartache this past year. 2010 will be better for you. I'm sure of it.

So you gained 3#. You'll lose it when your life is a little more 'back to normal.' Of course, recently 'normal' hasn't been so great for you! Yikes. This year's 'normal' will be good. You have your own little family and things will improve. Hope you had a great time at your sister's.

Happy New Year. May your new year be everything you hope and dream it will be. I'll check in again next week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  4:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Right now I am at sister's & it is butt cold, I can tell ya that!! Their high is like 5 above, brrr!
I am looking forward to a great new year, a different one than the past year I do pray for. A much better year. Much much so! I can only keep a good outlook on it & make the changes I need to do so.
Oh ma, I can really feel those extra # too, I don't like it one bit! And being away from home makes it hard to do too. Oh well, starting next Monday it's all back to my regular routine, that's for sure. That includes doing the tread twice a day, at least. Maybe I can feel real good then too. Youngest & I just went walking down to the little grocery here for a few things & even tho it was nippy, it was so nice to get out & walk. I miss it. It will come back full force next week!!

I do hope all have a great year & cheers to you!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  10:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!**********ok so I'm alittle early forgive me.Had a nice Christmas went to moms,brother and sister and there families there also did'nt make it to in-laws on Christmas due to weather will try this weekend.Had my birthday dinner at moms last Sunday my son and grandson,brother and sister were there again.Mom had way to much food came home feeling like a stuffed turkey.

Lost a cow due to the ice storm she fell and split out her pelvic bone legs stick straight out from her sides looks really bad no way to save her.Had her made into hamburger for the kid.My deepfreeze was already full from the calf we fattened up.Only good thing about the deal she was not one of my really good cows she never did raise a real good calf we were going to sell her this spring.The kid was happy said he could use the meat so will save him some at the store.

Hope this finds you both safe and happy and ready to start a new year off with high hopes that all will go great this year.Hope all calms down for you jen.you need some time for you.Beb keep up the smiles you seem to be really good at that you seem to be very much at peace with your life.

Better get hounds want to go outside before bedtime.God Bless and take care******

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  10:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy new years to you too!!! Whew, finally a new year to look forward to. Usually it doesn't matter, but it sure as hell does this year!!

Bummer on the cow, that really is sad, bit some good did come from it huh. I'd love to try your beef, I'd bet it's good. I get tired of the store crap, it isn't the good stuff.

Did you have any plans to bring in the new yr? We're at younger sis' in N.D. & it's butt cold here....I think I saw that it's -27 right now??!!! At home it's 22 above, not below....oh well. Anyways, her hub plays in a band & we went to watch him last night, funny guys they are. They played mainly 80s stuff, I tell ya, never have I really felt all my age til then. Woof! That was the first new yrs I went out since my oldest was like 3 or so...his bday was yesterday also, he's now 22. That was not a fun new yrs eve I tell ya too. But he has a great bday everyone enjoys celebrating in. Anyhoo, it was sooo nice to be able to get out & enjoy the night. I look forward in doing that more now.

And hubs just may have a job here too...so moving may come sooner than we thought.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  8:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you got out for a change.Sounds like you had a good time.I love to listen to the hair bands have a radio station that only plays that in the car ole man hates it said he did'nt like them then don't like them any better now.We did'nt go any where talked to some of my buddies on the phone that were staying in so that was fun.Sure sign of getting old when its better to set at home and talk then it is to go see them.

Sure sounds cold up there not sure I could stand that much cold.Hope your ole man gets his job if thats what you both want.Might be just the change you need to really get back up on you feet and enjoy life.Sometimes stuff like that makes all the difference.Hope you have a safe trip back home.We go to the ole mans family for christmas tommarow.Wont be gone long can't leave the cows for long in the winter.(good reason to have to leave)Ha Ha!!!better get,will check in soon.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  10:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is nice to get, we'll leave probably tomorrow. Not sure about all the cold, but it's nice to be here with sis. If it'd work we may even get the house that's empty next to her, now that could be fun.

Be careful on your trip! Hopefully it isn't snowing for you like here, I swear I haven't seen such continuous snowing ever. It's like never ending....that's a big ugh right there. But they say the springs & summers are awesome, not too hot or cold. We'll see.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's 7 degrees here right now. It's been 'bitter cold' here. But we don't have the snow/ice you're both talking about.

Glad you both had a good New Year's. Harley, sorry about the loss of your cow. But the meat was put to good use. Still it was a shame. Hope she didn't suffer a lot - that you found her right away.

Jenjs, that would be wonderful for you if your husband gets a job and you move by your sister. That could be an answer to your prayers, a new life for all of you. Good luck.

Harley, hope you have an enjoyable trip to your mil's - and a safe trip.

Now it's back to work for me. Holidays are over and the work is piling up. I did get all Christmas decorations down and some cleaning done yesterday. So I'm tired today!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  10:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There's a storm coming & we're supposed to leave tomorrow....man, I like to be with sis but I miss home! I miss sleeping in my own bed! It's time to goooo.....

Did you have a good new years also beb? We had taken our things down before we came to sis'. The tree just got waaaay dry, wish they could last longer. I love their smell.

Good thing youngest doesn't have school til next week! We'd be in trouble if he had to be there today. Oh well, he's having fun too, which is good. Hopefully we'll be on the road tho tomorrow...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  6:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really cold here suppose to get even colder the next few days.Ready for spring.

Had a note from a friend said there son went to fed the cows got some hay up under the pick caught the truck on fire burned it to the ground but no one got hurt,she said she fell on the ice dislocated her shoulder.Not the way she wanted to start the new year.

Have a safe trip home and beb becarful from and to work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  10:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did have a good New Year's. I think I told you that my daughter, her son/daughter live with me. Well I bought a set of percussion drums for my GS for Christmas. What was I thinking??? He's a jr. in HS - just turned 17. he's such a good kid. Has some very nice, well behaved friends. He loves music - so does my GD (will be 4 next month). He asked his dad to teach him how to play the guitar several years ago. Dad said, yes, but didn't do it. Asked his other grandma to teach him the keyboard a couple years ago. She said, yes, but didn't do it. He's been asking about drums because his friends play instruments and drums are something I think every kid loves. So I decided to bite the bullet and give him a set of drums, as well as lessons. The look on his face made it all worthwhile. He kept saying - For me?? I don't believe it? Oh, Maw, I love them. Sat down and hasn't left them since. So for NYE 3 of his buddies came over. One plays drums already and gave him tips. The other brought his guitar, the other one played the keyboard we have. I'm going to learn the keyboard. A friend gave it to me right before Christmas when I was telling her I want to learn and think that GD could learn too. She bought it a couple years ago, took a few lessons and then switched jobs. She doesn't have time to take lessons anymore and said I could have it. So I had a noisy, vibrating NYE! My daughter worked the night shift that night (Assisted Living Home). But, yes, it was very nice.

Just get home safely, jenjs. It does always feel good to get back to your own things, your own bed.

Harley, your friends are having some bad luck. My lands you've had some sad stories lately. Let's hope this year things are better.

We have snow predicted for tomorrow night into Thursday. Possibly 4".

It is cold here. it was 4 around 6:30 this AM.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  9:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Whew, finally home. I was eager to get out, but glad to be in my own nice tub & comfy bed. I'm gonna be one happy puppy tonight! We left at 4 am & got home at around 5, so a 13 hr trip. Lots of snow at first, but the last 4 hrs or so were totally dry. So that was gift from heaven right there, those first few hrs were hair raising & yucky, lots of blowing snow.

And hubs did get the job, he leaves on Saturday to go back up & he'll be gone til mid February. So we'll put this house up for sale now & when it sells then youngest & I will go on up. We don't want 2 houses empty, no way. So we'll stay here & go up when weather allows. In March we'll go for spring break for sure so we can spend time with him. Be weird with him gone! Cripes, it's sooo cold there tho, and I wish I could just pack up this house to take there instead of having to sell. I love this house!

The snow hasn't gotten here yet, there's warnings all thru the state tho. Thought for sure we'd be fighting it all day today. But it will be below zero for the next few days.

Your new years eve sounds like a lot of fun beb! What a cool gma you are!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you're safe and sound at home.

I'm so happy your husband got the job! That's great news for you because you'll be with your sister. Your husband must be thrilled. Your son will be happy too because you said he enjoyed his holiday time there too. So it's a win-win situation for all of you.

It will be kind of lonely with you here and him there, but it wouldn't be wise to have a house sitting empty somewhere - especially in the dead of winter. All kinds of problems could arise and you'd be stuck with big bills. On the plus side, it gives you and your son some time together. You can do a lot of planning and begin packing everything for the move. It'll make it easier to sell your home too - pack it up and stick boxes in one room or the basement. The basement!! He just finished working down there and now you have to leave it. There's a plus to that too though - it will be a selling point for your home. You can get things ready and get a realtor out there and by summer you can move. Somehow it all works out. You wonder how at times while you go through it.

We have 3 - 5" of snow predicted to begin early this evening through tomorrow AM. Nice. Right now it's around 9 degrees. A tad on the chilly side!

This is definitely going to be a better year for you and your family, jenjs. I'm so happy for you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  2:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Talked to a realtor about selling the house here, to get it on the market. I'd like to at least be out right after school is finished for the year, I hate moving during the school year. It's hard enough to move as a kid anyways. And I'm debating if this house sells first, if we should move to the other house until it sells, at least it isn't sitting empty then. I dunno, so much to wonder about!

Sis is excited that we will be moving at some point. It will be nice to be close to her,she is so funny. I like being able to laugh more than cry, much more so.

We got to -18 last night & about 2 in of snow. We left at a good time, otherwise we'd have had nasty roads the whole way. Our high is supposed to be around 7 above is all, yikes!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I stayed home yesterday. We only had 3 1/2 - 4" of snow, but it was bitter cold and the wind blew like crazy. So it drifted in many areas. I just took the day off. I should have taken today too. It's even colder today and getting down to around 2 tonight.

You sure do have a lot to think about, but you have fun things to think about too. Amen to laughing rather than crying. I totally agree. This is an exciting time for you and your family. I think it's just what you need.

Stay warm!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today is a crap day, I am sooo weepy & sad. It really hit today that I did lose the baby, my mo. visit is starting, so it just made me face it with that going on. Man, I didn't think that would happen, but it hit like a brick. Now I'm a total wreck. Poor hubs doesn't understand any of it, but it's all me, he feels like I should be over it, but it's gonna take a lot longer than I figured. A lot longer!!

And hubs hasn't heard back on if he actually has the job, so now we're in limbo on that, playing a waiting game. I hate that, can't move forward if ya don't know what's going on. So if he hears nothing very soon he's applying for a job in a town close to the folks' house we have up for sale, so we'd then live there if this house sells. A lot of stuff to figure.

I was able to get on the tread yesterday, felt good to do it too. I've become such a blob the past week, being gone & off my normal routine. I have taken off 2# since we've gotten back, which helps, but I have a long ways to go. And if I'm starting to stress out now over all of this stuff, I'll probably lose some just by worrying. I'm off from everyone else like that. I lose my appetite from it than want to pig out, which is ok with me!

Hope y'all have a good weeekend, keep warm...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  10:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Of course, it's upsetting for you, sad. Men aren't always a sensitive as we are. That's all there is to it. It will take time.

I hope everything goes well for your husband and that you find something out one way or another soon - or either job. It would be great for you to be close to your sister. That seems to be ideal. You just seem to have a lot going on in your life once again. I hope it all take shape and in a positive way soon.

Congrats on the 2# loss. That's terrific.

I'm having furnace problems. Waiting for the repairman to call and let me know when he's coming. What a nightmare! But at least it's warmer than it was last week. Life is fun. Life is exciting. We just can't let it get us down! Now if I listen to my own advice . . .

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  11:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yikes, furnace problems....what a time of year for it. Seems to always go that way doesn't it?
Hubs did get the job in ND & he is there now, left yesterday. But, on the way his front driveshaft fell off, leaving him with only rear-wheel drive & he's up in 1 ft. of snow & freezing ice & all. Good thing he took all of his tools to at least take it off. Now we have to figure out how to fix that, besides his clutch needing fixed. Always something...

Today I'm doing ok. Have the realtor coming by this AM to take pics of the house for the flyer they'll make up & then tomorrow a bunch of em come to look over the house & give feedback on it. Every Tuesday they'll do that, give a feedback session.

I gained back a #, cripes seems like I'm not getting anywhere. Trying not to over-eat & do right & all that jazz. I'm guessing it may have to do a bit with the fun monthly deal too. Ugh. Just feel like a huge brick, ever get like that?

Hope your Monday is an ok one anyways...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it is more fun when people respond but some are shy.....what are the no.s for I need all the help I can.....I would love to get a shak on my weight and get off some of these meds.

Theresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  09:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome, Theresa. I'm not sure what you mean by nos. We just post here and give each support and encouragement. We're all going at the weight loss, healthy lifestyle in our own way. I think that's about the only way you can do it because for myself at least it's never been a 'one size fits all.' So please join in the posting.

Jenjs, glad your hubby got the job. You sure are having difficult times though. Now problems with the truck. Once he gets there, gets to work, the house sells, maybe things will take a different direction for you. I'm hoping they will.

The furnace is now back in business. Thank goodness. He had to clean the burner, do some maintenance work. It's been awhile. I'm sure I should do that every year, but I haven't been doing it every year. Time to start!

The # gain - I'm sure you're right on what caused that.

I hope I lost. I just messed up my regular day of weighing and I'm spooked enough by the scale as it is. So I'll wait until Sunday. I'm working on that. I'm trying to add in more exercise - even stretches while I'm at work during lunch. I'm here alone then. So I figured why not make good use of that time. The more I do the better I feel. So I'm doing it! I tell myself - you can do it. Just do it!

Tonight is Biggest Loser again. I've got the DVR set to record.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  6:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was wondering when BL was on, couldn't remember.

Glad that the furnace is fixed! That is no fun to go without heat, specially in the middle of winter!

This AM they toured the house & then I had 2 calls for showings, that is a great start!! And on Sunday they're doing an open house, so a lot of traffic going on in the next week here. I do hope they don't call tomorrow, I need to paint one of the bedrooms still. Ugh. I love getting calls to see if they can show, but gimme a break! I need to finish stuff too!! I wish we had as many showings for the other house tho. I hate that it isn't as hot as I was hoping for. It's in a great location & all kinds of stuff. This weekend we'll probably go up so I can do some deep cleaning on it too.

Here comes Wednesday anyways huh?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use