New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Last night was the second BL of this season. There are some really, really big contestants this time. The heaviest one yet who weighed in at 526#, twins who weighed in at 400+++. We are a very unhealthy nation of people. I think we've become way too sedentary. I know I don't move like I used to and I can't blame it all on 'well, I'm just getting older.' We all are, but I need to move more than I do - especially since my job is not physical at all.

I think it's great that you had 2 calls for showings already. Terrific. An Open House will be to your benefit too. Things are looking more positive for you.

Paint a room? Oh, how I hate to do that. I love to paint - but not painting walls. I don't mind painting 'on walls' and I did that in my bedroom. I painted a bouquet of lilacs and baby's breath with ribbon at the corner of my closet door. The ribbons and some leaves from the spray come down the side of the door. Did some painting in the kitchen and in my sunroom I had a ball. One of my painting friends came over and we made it 'match my backyard.' I love the woods at the rear of the yard and the wildlife - deer, raccoons (who get in my trash cans!!), rabbits, squirrels, birds galore, fox, ground hog, opposum, lots and lots. Of course, they aren't all there all the time but I see them 'from time to time' and I thoroughly enjoy them. So I have ferns, evergreen, birdhouses, birds, bird nests, rocks, and a pair of raccoons peeking out from behind a rock. I love it! It's a small room. It was a screened in porch. My son knocked the walls out for me and enclosed it, new roof, windows all around, new door, and then took out the door leading to it from my dining room, as well as the two windows that were facing the 'screened in porch.' It's part of the house now. Installed an attic fan, carpet, a few chairs, plants - It's so peaceful. It's my favorite room - other than my area in the basement where I paint.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Hump Day!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  6:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, I'd love to have a sunroom, that'd be my favorite room of the house too. I'd have so many plants in there it'd be like a jungle. I'm not sure why, but I have good luck with asparagus ferns, no way boston ferns. My asparagus ferns love to be outside for the summer, so they stay on the deck all summer long. They soak in the morning sun, which they love & are shaded in the afternoon sun. Then come fall they're soooo full & lush, I love em. I wish I could have a whole room full of em.

I haven't painted much since I was like 12, so I'm leary of how it'll look & if hubs will have a cow! He is sooo particular in exactly how it has to be & if it isn't to his expectations, look out. I'm not the artsy-craftsy type like you are beb, I couldn't do any of that, younger sis is & she'd go all out if she had the chance. Anyone is a much better decorator than I am, specially hubs. He has all the ideas for a new house to re-do, I have none, not my bag. If there's certain colors I just have to have, that I can do, otherwise I'm fairly useless at the stuff.

I am so lost on my days, I thought tomorrow was Weds, not today. Makes it better for you then huh, it being Thurs instead....the week is almost over then. My days all bleed together, it's all the same to me. I'm sure I'd be different if I weren't at home all day, actually out with real people. I do miss that, not always!, but I do. After we move & settle I'll be out again once more. After spending all my days worrying about the folks & losing them & then the baby, I need that time with different people. It would be a thrill if I could actually meet & get to really know you beb & harley. We would have a lot of fun, I know it.

I hope everyone is doing well, closer to the weekend. Do you all get a long weekend coming up? Youngest does from school on Monday...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  09:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Aspargus ferns are gorgeous. Pretty clean green, fluffy, airy. Oh, yes, they're great. I also love daisies and Black Eyed Susans. They just make think they're 'happy flowers.' Silly. But that's how I look at them.

We don't all have the same skills and talents. You and your hubby more than likely compliment each other. That's perfect.

It would be great to have a 'reunion' and meet. We'd probably sit and talk for days. But more than likely we'll just sit and 'talk' right here. That's OK. It's nice to know I have 2 friends out there who care about me. I always enjoy reading your posts.

The kids here have Monday off, but I don't. No long weekend for me this weekend. But I have 2 days off during the week for some things that simply can't be put off. I'm off Wed/Thurs next week. So that'll be a nice break in the week.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  10:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
how come I cant read the post from today here.....what am I doing wrong

Theresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  10:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not able to post and read in this area....this is a test

Theresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  09:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Theresa, I don't know what is going on. I see 2 posts from you.

Dark and gloomy day here. Rains are moving in. Better than ice and snow though.

Still working on eating right. I do real well and then all of a sudden I get a craving - and sometimes I give in. Sometimes I don't. I guess it's progress because I don't give in every time. I have to keep looking at the positives.

Had a call from a fitness club last night that I used to belong to. He said they have all new equipment. Asked if he could send a couple passes and a brochure. I said - SURE! So that's a thought too. Although it's a monthly expense. We'll see . . .

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  09:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Theresa, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to post...you had before. Sometimes this thing does get problems with it, we've all had em.

So beb, have you been doing any of the wii? Any chance to? I think it'd be so much fun. Then again, I could just do silly things in front of my tv & make it about the same, so I may just try it....when I'm by myself of course!

Almost done painting the bedroom, then we'll have the basement bathroom to paint & it's done. Whew! Had 2 showings again yesterday, I'm guessing the same for today so we'll see. I'm waiting for more sun to rise so I can finish, there's too many shadows right now for me to really tell if the job is good or not.

Weighed this AM, down 3#, yay! Just have so many more to go. Everyone have a wonderful weekend & harley, hope to hear back from you soon....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  7:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey gang,nice to see all still here had lots of snow and ice and really cold winds,drifts all over the place lots of people not making it in to work so the ones of us that do have been doing 12 hr shifts.Made attendence partner for the month so get to park at the front door of the plant that was really nice in this kind of weather.Its finally warmed up so now its fight the knee deep mud to feed the animals the cows look so muddy and dirty the dogs look like mud balls but I still love them.Had a big inspection for 2 days last week at the plant we did really good on it so maybe the plant boss will get off everyones butts.

We started another weight loss contest at work so far down 6 lbs but my problem is I can't never keep it off and then seems like I'll put even more back on really sucks to get older and not look like you did when younger.Oh well life goes on.

Sounds like you will be moving in a very short time Jenjs new place new start should be great for you.Wish you could come paint for me I HATE TO PAINT but love the way rooms look after a new paint job funny how a different color can make a room look so much different.

Beb sounds like you have been having the same kind of weather we have had.You said one time that you went to Osage Beach,have you ever been to Ha-Ha Tonka State Park? It is really pretty up on top of the hill looking down on the lake.

I see we have a new one with us welcome to the bunch Theresa.Hope you stay for awhile.

All have a good week and take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday.

Jenjs, all that painting . . . makes me tired to think of it. But what a sense of accomplishment when you're finished. The room is so 'clean' and fresh looking. that's the upside of it.

Harley, we have been having the same weather as you. How nice that you got to park right out front! Great time and congrats. Yes, I have been to Ha-Ha Tonka State Park. When my daughter was married and lived in Stover MO we went there. It's beautiful. We walked all around the lake, had a picnic. Gorgeous place. She and my grandson used to go hiking there on her weekends off.

Well ladies - and Theresa I hope you come back to post and join us - have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  2:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to see you again harley! I can only imagine all the mud & muck. We've been dry now for the past 2 weeks, it's a little scary tho. That means a big storm will come along & make it all cold & yuk again. It's been getting in the high 40s, no complaints here. But with spring fast approaching, we'll be getting more storms, big ones. I just hope it isn't when I plan to go up to ND & see hubs. Or when he has to come the week of the 10th for the adoption. Betcha we'll get it then, only because I need him home then.

The gal at the real estate place said we've had more showings for our house alone than they have for the 40 listings they do have for the week. Amazing. And the open house was good, I guess 8 groups came & they said the average on that is 1 or 2. Wow. She's a bit mindboggled, I am too!! Never would have guessed this house would be so hot, but it is in prime location; close to mall, stores, all schools...it's a block from one of the high schools & a grade school. And it's priced well they've said. So things look good.

Not even done painting either!! Aaagh! Still have the basement bathroom to paint, but the ceiling needs to be finished first, has a big hole from where they looked for leaks in the plumbing. Ugh. Be nice to have it all done. But the room looks gorgeous now, wish I'd have done it when we first moved in. Totally looks different, totally. Very warm & inviting. Even the bathroom looks amazing. But no, I'm not big on painting at all, not at all! It's a have-to kind of thing. Sorry harley!!

Hope everyone has a good monday...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  6:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs,you just burst my bubble guess I'll just have to do it myself.Glad to hear that the open house went well you will have a buyer before you know it.

Beb,I love the park ride the Harley to it and just walk around and look at stuff.Makes a good bike ride not to far away can get back home before dark.Ready for it to warm up so I can get the bike out.Like Jenj was the other day today was a blue day really miss my friend not being at work can talk to her about anything one of the guys I have worked with for 20+ years goes to break with me told me I could talk to him he was a good at listening told him he was'nt my bud and can't talk to him like I can her.

Better get supper.Have a good day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  09:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry harley, didn't mean to burst the bubble!! I bet if the 3 of us together did painting, we'd have a ball....wouldn't you guess? That'd be fun...

Ah, going off to a lake or anywhere sounds great, somewhere outdoors but nice. I'm getting the cabin fever, but it's supposed to start snowing here again today or tomorrow....one of those heavy storms too. You two will get it as rain, lucky ducks.

Those blue days are bad. Yesterday I had a crab day, suiting for me since it is my sign, but really in a bad mood. They wanted to show the house...again...after 7 last night, I flat out said no. This is getting ridiculous. During the day is one thing, but don't cut into my family time, that's the only time of day we all have. I get very hostile if someone tries to intrude on me time. That's stepping over the line, and there's no right for it.

I'm still mad....can ya tell??!!! And today I'm a little weepy, don't know why, just am. Hope the whole day doesn't stay that way. I don't like days like that, at all.

Hope everyone else has a better day..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  10:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If the 3 of us were together I'll bet we wouldn't get much painting done at all! We'd be chatting away, laughing, and having a grand time. Ahh, getting away does sound good. I sure did enjoy our visits to Ha-Ha Tonka State Park when my DD lived there. Beautiful.

Jenjs, you're really having a lot of showings. That's good because you'll sell your house soon. Good for you.

I remember when I sold the first house I bought after my divorce. I'd lived around 6 years and the home I'm in now became available. I knew I wanted it. I'd been in and out of it since I was a kid. I bought a home that my mom's sister and bil built in 1949. I just love it, the location, the woods in the back, what was then the 'screened in back porch', all of it. So my house went up for sale. During the day I was at work. No problem. Evenings were tough. I was at work all day and wanted to get home, get laundry, have dinner, relax. But there were other people who were at work all day and evenings/weekends was their time to house hunt. So there were numerous times I'd just get ready to sit down to dinner and get a call. I put up with it because I wanted out of that house and into the one I'm in now. Talk about a pain. It really was. I didn't feel like I could 'live' there. Everything had to be perfect all the time. It was an exhausting time as far as I was concerned. But that's over. I can't imagine selling this one. It's much bigger and it's packed!

Enjoy your Tuesday. I'm off the next couple of days. So I'll check back in on Friday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  6:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope you day got better Jenjs not fun on days like that.I have a feeling you and I are alot more alike then you could even guess.Would be fun if we all could find away someday to see each other.I can just see all the laughs and all the good stories.

Never had to sell a house my kid moved into my other house when I bought this place.It belonged to friends of my grandparents.I would go with grandma and grandpa when they came here to play cards when I was little always liked this place back off the road with lots of timber around it setting up on a hill.I bought it from there childern after there parents passed.No one even new it was for sell grandma told me that they were thinking about selling that I should call and I did and because they new grandma I got a really good deal.Lots of people were unhappy when I got it cause they would have liked to have had the place.Just an old farm house but I love it up here.Would hate to have to sell or move from here.

Hubby said he was hungry so better get.Have a good one guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  8:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh man harley, today is sooo much better going. I really, REALLY, hate those off days where I just would rather stay under the covers & hide. I feel totally different today, a regular person. Wouldn't surprise me a bit that we'd be a lot alike. It would be a hoot to all meet up don't ya think?? A lot of laughing, be just what the dr ordered....

I wish I could move this house, even the folks' house, either one, I wish I could pack up to take along. Wouldn't that be somethin, to be able to move houses long distances, then ya wouldn't have to worry about finding another. Would be nice.

I'm way more tired tonight, must be from yesterday catching up with me. Course, doesn't help that yesterday I didn't eat at all & today I over-did it. Feel like a big fat piggy!

Hope to hear back from ya harley, have missed ya here & there...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  8:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Girl with all the stuff you have to do with showing the house you HAVE got to remember to EAT you'll make yourself sick and you sure don't need that with all you have on your plate.

Would'nt that be nice to just snap your fingers and your whole house would move to where you wanted it to go,no putting things in boxes and all the wrapping and stuff that you have to do in the process of moving.

Your right it would be fun to all meet up maybe something we'll all have to think about trying to work out.I fell like I know you guys more then alot of the people I work with.

Hubby at the store still repairman working on something that messed up just called said he was on the way home so better get his supper heated back up.

Have a great day**********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, I do know, about needing to take care of me. But I tell ya, on those yuk days I get....I don't want to do anything, specially for me. Like I'd said, just want to go hide.

Anyhoo, yesterday there was 1 showing, today 1 so far, could have more it's hard to tell. One gal really ticked me off the other day, she'd wanted to show too late in the eve & I said no, then she'd gotten an attitude with me. Hey, I don't need that & I won't take it either! I'm not gonna bow down to someone like that so she can line her pocket, forget it. If they want the house that bad, they do it on my hrs that works for me & the fam. That's all & that's it.

I'm gonna have to get myself back on the tread, get going. I have enough time to do it, it's just getting up & go to it. Starting is half the battle!! I guess once i get in a routine it'll get better. Been weeks since I've done it, that's not good at all. Feeling like a slug, yuk.

Keep with me here harley!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  7:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was doing really good on the treadmill and the weight bench until I blew out my knee awhile back and since then I can't seem to get back in the routine so don't feel like you are the only one that has that problem.Would be nice to be younger and not have body parts that hurt.Oh well wishing won't change any of that.

Don't blame you about the house everyone has a limit as to how much intursion they are going to take.Family comes first so stick to your guns,don't let them push you.
You'll feel more like your self once all this stuff gets took care of.Lots for you to deal with in a VERY short time.

Last day at work for the week get 3 days off will be nice after the day we had today nothing would run right and equipment kept breaking.Glad its over till Monday.

Stay up and try not to get down but if you do you can always rant at us.Take care!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was able to force myself on the tread yesterday, it was good to do. It's just doing it!! I took a book with me, it gets hard to do once you get faster, but i did only 2 & 2.5 mph, snail crawl, so i could read more than concentrate on the walking. I have lost 5# this week, that's mainly due to not eating.. I found a book on the loss of a baby, so I started that. Parts of it are right on the money, scary. Makes me cry, but just about anything does anymore. I hope soon it all stops...

The storms are supposed to be making their way in today. We alone aren't supposed to get much, but their tracking they can't get a hold of exactly, so we may have 5 in total thru the weekend. Everywhere else is supposed to get dumped. Y'all will probably end up with rain, I'd like that more than snow!

Hey, I do rant & rave at y'all, I do! It helps me to be able to do that. Can't do it with the boys, sure can't with the hubs....just doesn't understand. He wants me to explain why I get the way I do....I don't even really know why, so how can I explain it to him?! It all is so frustrating!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, stay warm....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  8:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know what you mean about the hubby.I think thats why I miss my friend at work so much she was my sounding board when I was upset or not sure what I wanted to do about something.I really miss her we call each other every-other-day.Its just not the same as seeing her but will have to do till she makes it back.

Have you talked to your Dr. about the way you are felling.Be careful not to get to down.

We had alittle rain last night,Misty out tonight and getting colder.Don't want any of your snow had to have a load of gravel put on the driveway so muddy it was starting to sink in some places.

If those are your rants then my ole man said we would gladly trade mine for yours.I can rant really good when I want to.He listens really good when I come home from work really pissed.Helps to be able to sound off to him,not sure I'd know what to do with out him.Well better get he thinks he needs a snack.

Take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use