New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am contemplating about getting some bloodwork done, see if everything is where it needs to be. As weird as it is to me, even for me....you know those twiches ya get sometimes in your hans or face or anywhere? Well, for the past 2 days my tummy has been doing that, freaking me out a little. I don't know if my body is trying to tell me something or what, I just don't know. But it honestly feels like kicking & that does scare me. And this stuff I don't make up either, why would I want to? I would have to be nuts to say that I'm saying that my baby is kicking inside me, I know that's not true at all. That's why I think my body is trying to tell me something. This week I'll go & get checked out, have bloodwork done up, everything.

We haven't gotten a speck of anything, just a lot of wind & clouds. I knew it too. It'll go right on past, usually does. If ya get snow it sure isn't from me!! Blame California...

Well, I really don't rant on too often. I'm one of those where if I really get peeved, you really don't want anything to do with me because I'll rip ya a new one & it isn't pretty. I haven't got to that point yet with the hubs, he's not wanting me to either. But if I end up with more days like yesterday, a REAL crappy day, he will get it & sooner than later.

And what happened? Well, hubs firstborn came back home, he got canned for being very stupid...put his DOG before his job, not wise. Anyways, hubs was expecting ME to find where he can take this damn dog, all the while I'm supposed to be getting the house cleaned up for a showing, hubs calls every 15 mins yelling about all of this, my hormones are totally whacked & it was a bad day anyways & it was all one big mess.

What I need is just recovery, with no interruptions, no need to figure out a damn thing; where are we gonna do this or how to do that or what's going on with the other. I really have a hard time understanding people right now....how do they really think I can do everything as normal? I'm trying, I'm pushing myself to do it, but it's not working. I'm stuck, I feel it. And I just don't know how I'll get out of it...

Well, I like ya being here harley, it's real good!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've certainly missed a lot in a few days.

First of all, jenjs, I agree with Harley. You have to make yourself eat something. Don't worry about how much, anything. Few crackers. Glass of milk. Bowl of cereal. PB sandwich. Anything. Don't get sick.

I agree that you need to get to the doctor. Labwork would be good. I wonder if those feelings you're having in your stomach are 'healing', your body going back to normal from the miscarriage. I don't know. Just a guess and let's hope that's what it is. But you're right. Your body is telling you to get to the doctor.

You are right on target also when you said that 'What I need is just recovery, with no interruptions, no need to figure out a damn thing.' You do need that. You also need time to grieve the loss of your baby, as well as your mom. You've had too much going on in your life for too long. You had a terrible year last year. Your husband was a tremendous help to you, but let's face it. You're the one who lost both of your parents and then miscarried. It was his baby, but hey. Men are men. They can't help it. So take care of you.

Harley, good to see you back in here and posting. Your place sounds so nice and private. I love that - private. I don't need a lot of neighbors. Maybe I'm just not very sociable. I don't know. I don't want everyone around me knowing what's going on.

When I sold my house to buy the one I'm in, it was so much easier for me to give in at the end of the day - even though I'd just gotten home from work and didn't want to leave - because I was by myself at that time. I didn't have a younger one at home with homework, supper to prepare, etc. It was a lot easier for me. And I never wanted to be home when they showed the house. I wanted everyone to feel free to roam around, nose around - and I'm sure they did.

I didn't plan to take Friday off. It just sort of happened that way. But it was a nice 5 days off. I accomplished a few things and got some rest too!

Now I'm faced with loads of work. Have a good week. Take care of yourself, jenjs!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  4:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beb, glad you're back! Hey, I do realize men are just the way they are, and not too keen on the whole emotional part of us. That's what drives the hubs nuts, because it all is hormonal probably. But, I'm doing all kinds of appts this week: dentist (yuk), dr, even my eyes & a therapist. I figure, the hospice has some counseling, what we used for mom, so I'd see if they could help out any, have ideas or anything else. Will be interesting to find.

I did gain back a couple #, so you don't need to worry much there. Sometimes my appetite is just not there, which is ok by me. It depends on the day. But I do know I should get something in me some way or another. But it's sure nice to lose a few!!

We ended up with 2 showings yesterday & one was a couple that had seen the house before. They said the wife loves it, hubby not too sure. Wife usually ends up the winner...of course! So maybe soon. No matter what, we'll be moving out by the 15th. No real reason to stick around if we really don't need to. And kiddo wants to move like now anyways, he's not too big on this school, there are lots of bullies around. I've had to chat with some teachers & even the principal, it's like that. Why kids think they have to be so evil I have no idea.

And I hope harley keeps pluggin away here, it's been nice havin her back again!

Ok, I hope everyone has a good Monday. Today has been better than the past couple days so that's always a plus...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  10:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A 2nd showing is good and I agree. The wife usually wins. I know what you mean about bullies. I've sure seen more and more about 'bullies' at schools in the news, on television. Where do they get it? I honestly the one doing the bullying has a low self-esteem problem. Why else would he or she have to put someone else down? Kidsd can be cruel. It's a fact.

At any rate, you and your family have a chance to 'start over' and get this year on the right track. Make it a happy year. I'm happy for you and your family.

It's been wonderful reading harley's posts. I agree totally. I love to hear about the animals.

We're having snow here today. I hear we're going to have a 'wintery mix' tomorrow. Lovely. I don't think today is suppose to amount to much at all.

Today is a payroll day. So I've got to get crackin!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah, the wives usually do have a better say don't they? :) not always, but most of the time. Would sure be a blessing to have this sold & fast. Looking better for the other house also. Had to drop the price tho, but hopefully it'll work out.

I wish I knew why kids acted the way they do. Not enough attention at home, or the wrong attention to get more attention is my guess. I was always a target for dodgeball & getting thrown in the face w/my glasses breaking I couldn't tell ya how many times....and that being in jr high, when kids are supposed to be growing up a little. Ha! So I know how the kiddo feels for sure. Just wish all kids would stop doing that for once & for all. Makes them worse adults, the kind no one wants to be around.

Snow eh? I guess hubs couldn't go to work because the whole state they'd told no travel, so today he has a major long day to make up for it. Hope he got enough sleep for it! We have nothing, nada, zero, zip. Probably won't til March, like always. That's when the heavy stuff comes along. But by then it's a bit warmer & it doesn't hang around for long.

I get to go back to the dentist today, ugh. Deeper cleaning they said. Oh well, isn't so bad since last yr was the 1st time I'd gone in over 20+yrs! Bad huh? Hope all have a great day......come on harley, what's the critters up to??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  09:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Looks like things for both houses are going well for you. That's good. Sell you mom's house and your house and get out of there. Move on to a new life, a new beginning for you own little family. Close to your sister, laughs and fun memories. That's great.

The snow that fell yesterday is gone. We're to have a 'mix' later today but it isn't predicted to amount to much. Further south of here will be hit harder. More moving in later tomorrow and into Friday. But who knows. The weather really isn't very 'predictable' around here.

I have to go to the DDS every 6 months. I wouldn't have any teeth if I didn't. I've had problems since I was a kid. Another genetic thing - mom did too but she died at age 80 with her own teeth! I have all kinds of crowns, and in the past 5 years or so I've gotten good reports. Thank goodness! But oh did I use to have problems.

I keep thinking about spring. I keep looking at the seed/floral catalogs that I have with lists of what I want to order. Keeps me happy!

Yesterday we actually even had spurts of sun here and there. What a difference! We really do need sunshine to function, or at least I do.

Have a great day. Hey, harley, come on in and visit.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  10:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, today is dreary out & we're supposed to be getting snow, but I doubt it. If we do it's a trace only. We've had more sunshine than not & I like that, but when it's that deceiving sun of being below zero out....well, it isn't quite the same.

I look forward to the green too! Lilacs are my favorite & sis said she has a huge row in her backyard, yay! I love em, their smell & pretty colors they come in, tho the purples are my favorite, specially the dark ones. I will miss putting up the pots on the deck this year. I'll have to see if sis has planters & that sort of thing to perk up her yard. Since we'll be there for a bit, she'd like it too I'd guess, specially if she doesn't do any of it!

Yesterday I couldn't eat at all, my mouth was so numbed up & hurting afterwards. I never had that before, where I couldn't even use a straw! I still can't really bite down without it hurting. Sleep....forget it. Was a lousy night sleep, so I'll probably be way grumpy today with no sleep. I am way bad if I don't get my sleep, I have to have it, otherwise my body goes in uproar, then I don't function well at all. I know most people don't seem to have many problems if they don't get a lot of sleep, not me. Anyways, they want me back in 6 weeks....sorry! Not gonna be here by then! Not gonna get tortured again!

I should try to do the tread today, been a few days since I have, not good. Just have had a lot going on this week. Still go to the dr later today, we'll see what she all says.

It's Wednesday...have a good one. Come on in harley, what cha doin?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  8:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi buds,Sorry I missed a few day had to work 2 12 hr shift back to back by the 2nd one I was beat came home ate a bowl of special K and went to BED***********better today got of work on normal time.My poor little dogs were setting and waiting for me like they had lost there best friend hubby said they would'nt even come to him like they were mad cause I was'nt home for those 2 nights.

So you are going to be moving by the 15th,man you have alot to get done in a short time would'nt want to be in your shoes with all the crap you are trying to do with out the ole man being there to help much.Even more reason for you to take better care of YOU!!!

Got my first book of the season for the chickens been looking trying to find what kind I want to get I have what is called Old English Crele Bantams.My little rooster might weigh 1 to 2 pounds he thinks he is hot stuff the way he struts around need to get him some little hens the snakes killed the hens I had so I know for sure I'll get some of them would like to have some Japanese Bantams they are really pretty the wings are long enough that they drag the ground and they have arched tail feathers that come up over there heads and they have really short legs so they look like they are really struting there stuff all the time.OH THE JOY OF SPRINGTIME-----------can't wait.

Better get dogs are calling.Will check in soon.Take care

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  10:03:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The sun's out here this AM too. BUT about 30 mins or so before I left work last night the 'mix' started. I didn't think much of it. But when I put my foot on the sidewalk I sure did! It was deceiving. Looked like a dusting of snow, but here and there we had ice. Joy. According to the news this AM the worst of what will come in later today and tomorrow will be south of us. They'll get 8 or more inches of snow. We'll get around an inch or so. But you just don't know. Depends on how the winds blow!

Sorry you're hurting from the dentist, jenjs. I wonder why you're hurting like that. I've never experienced that much pain even after root canals. As far as the sleep goes, I definitely have to get my sleep too - at least those few hours of good sound, what's referred to as 'REM' sleep. Have to have it. Hope today's better for you.

Hey, harley, no wonder you didn't check in. 12 hours is a long shift.

I love hearing about the chickens and all your animals, harley. I'm going to have to search the net and look up your Old english Crele Bantams and Japanese Bantams. That way I'll know what you're talking about.

I did something for me yesterday. It will benefit my daughter and the grandkids too since they live with me, but I did it because I really need it. I joined the health club again. Went down during lunch and joined. It will help get me moving more, help the stiffness that has come from not exercising enough and the arthritis (comes with age!). The orthopaedist and my internist both said - get to the water and walk. It will help you in every way. So I'm 'following the doctor's orders' and helping take care of me. I think it'll be great for me. My granddaughter (will be 4 next month) already swims. Loves the water. I'm going strictly for the water. My grandson wants to work out with weights. One of his buddies belongs to the gym. So he's happy. My daughter may or may not use it. Her choice. But I decided on the way back to work that what I need to do is get my swim gear out and keep it in the car. I could even go there during lunch. Water walk for 30 - 40 mins, dress and return to work. I have an hour. I rarely take a lunch break. That's me - no one standing over me. Anymore I'm on my own a lot too - and I keep praying it stays that way that if my boss feels the need to not come in (Remember - the Parkinson's) anymore that I won't have to go to the St. Louis office. So for now it's all quite convenient for me. One of my goals for 2010 was to take ME time, make ME time. I intend to do that too.

So I'm smiling today . . . only I ran out of time this AM to gather swim gear. That's OK. It's only the firsts day. I'm on a mission!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  7:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The gym sounds fun.Hope you do find time for yourself.My selftime is when the weather gets warm and I can get the Harley out I LOVE MY BIKE nothing like the wind on your face and the smells(maybe not all the smells Dairy farms and cattle trucks really make you go OH!!!!)but for the most part its all good.

We are suppose to get about 3 inches of snow really hope that it by-passes us.Don't want anymore.Sure is cold out tonight.Peacocks not in the tree by the house went to the hay barn a good sign that we will get wind and maybe ice they really don't like the ice it sticks to there long tails and they can't fly up to roost.They look really sick with with frozen tails.I have a friend at work that has bunnies he wants one of my male peacocks so going to trade one for some bunnies and a few quail.The little quail sound so pretty when they do there BOB-WHITE call use to have doves and quail but got out of raising them would be fun to do again.Already have the flight pen and house for them so won't cost anything to do it one more time.

Jenjs hope you feel better today.Have you gone to see the Dr. yet?

Better get,all take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  09:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You both sound so busy busy! Good for you beb, I love the water too. Course I'm a water sign too. And as weird as it seems, the full moon really does affect me big time. I can't sleep. Last night was awful, just awful. It keeps me awake. It's all so strange, but the older I get, the more I notice it. So when I know the full moon is coming up, I dread it....unless I want to do something to keep myself up for anyways, but not often.

I think the gym will be a good thing for ya. When we lived in Colorado we had a pool & I looked forward to it warming up so I could go for a swim in the mornings & after getting home from work. And of course lounging around in the 100 temps during summer!

So actually no, I feel crappy still today, with no sleep from the moon & my jaw is still sore I can't open it all the way without it being a tad sore. I know....I'm not having that kind of cleaning done again. I think she over-did the pressure & shots needed just for a cleaning. I did see the regular dr & am going back on prozac for a spell & had bloodwork done & I'll go back next week. But this, for the most part, has been a better week so far than the past month. Glad to have finally gotten here!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  09:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, I had forgotten you had peacocks. I remember now that you did mention that before. They're so pretty. I also looked up the Old English Creole bantams and the Japanese bantams. They're so pretty too. The Old English ones are very colorful. The Japanese have the gorgeous feathers - the tail feathers that stick way up were beautiful. I didn't realize there were so many different kinds until I searched to check out the 2 you mentioned. I saw black silkies that look like balls of fluff, white silkies - same thing. Lots and lots of them. I'm getting an education. Quail would be neat to have.

Jenjs, I have never experienced the pain you have from a cleaning. She must have been very rough. I've also never had shots just for a cleaning. Goodness. You sure had a bad experience at the dentist. Glad you had bloodwork done and that you're back on Prozac for awhile. You probably need it. You've really had a rough time of it.

The snow predicted for last night escaped us. They still say it's on the way. We'll see. I have to get moving. I have a meeting here this AM in about 30 mins. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  10:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snow may have missed you but it got us.Went to bed last night it was already snowing still snowing when I got home at 4 this afternoon,only good thing is that it is a really dry snow and little flakes.

I've looked in the chicken book a dozen times and yes the silkies are balls of fluff we had white one a few years back.Maybe should get some of them again.Some of the chickens lay what they call easter eggs cause they have a real light blue shell and a real pale pink shell grandpa had those when I was alittle girl.I just don't remember what they were called will have to do some checking to see if I can find them.Glad you looked them up so you could see what I was talking about

If you have the time look up India Blue Silver Pied Peacock & Spalding Pied Peacock & Opal Peacock.I had Spalding White Peacocks and the India Blues they crossed and I got the Pied one year the bobcats got my white male and the coons killed the female they stand out really bad and every bird eater out there can spot them a mile away.Thats one reason I got rid of all the chickens,turkeys,ducks,guineas,geese cause it made me sick to go out and find them dead and half eaten.The coons would eat off the heads and just keep on killing all they could get ahold of in one night.Problem is when they find a food supply they just keep coming back so I gave all the birds to a guy at work.All but 2 of the peacocks I'm back up to 7 peafowls now.

Jenjs hope your jaw gets better quick.Hate going to the dentist almost as much as the Dr.Glad you got to see your Dr. hope the med.helps.Better get soon be bedtime.Have a good weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone is doing good. We have no snow, hard to tell when we would have another good storm. Like I said, probably March & April, those heavy snows.

My aunt used to have peacocks, I loved going to her place & hearing them. They are such strange creatures, too bad they're so well liked by all the criters. The ex one yr decided to buy youngest some ducks. Problem: we lived in a duplex. Not that they weren't the cutest things ever, hardly. But where can you keep ducks in a duplex? Not in my tub!! That's my domain there mister. We kept me for maybe a month, if that, then released them to the lake just down from us. There was already a group of ducks there so they were like at home. Youngest was ok, he didn't mind.

I'd be better yet if I didn't have this sinus headache & the jaw still isn't up to par. On top of it being full moon...not able to sleep well at all.....it's not a good time right now! So not only feeling crappy, but lack of sleep too. Doesn't help one bit. Plus put the showings on top of it, still painting downstairs. Always something it seems. All of that I can handle, but this jaw is really getting to me. I was just dandy before I went in. Boy, wouldn't it be fun to just be able to see someone on the street & slap em for being so cruel or dumb?! I'm not goin to her again, for damn sure.

Beb, how's the gym been workin for ya so far? I need to get on the tread soon. Gotta finish all that paintin first....

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did check out the peacocks. Beautiful. I don't know which one I think is the prettiest. They're gorgeous birds. Just gorgeous.

I even did a quick 'search' for colored eggs. What popped us is Araucanas. They were originally raised by the Araucana Indians of the South America. They lay pink, green, blue and gold eggs. Some lay bright colored eggs and others lay more pale colored eggs. How interesting! I'm learning from you, harley.

Jenjs, if your jaw still hurts there's something wrong. That is definitely not normal. I wonder if you should have someone else check it out.

Went to the gym yesterday and water walked for an hour. The water was warm, soothing, and wonderful. It's a great workout and it doesn't hurt. It almost doesn't seem right, but I'm not knocking it! Loved every minute of it.

It was a busy weekend, but it was a good weekend. My boss just arrived. So I'd better get going.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  8:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think Beb is right something is wrong with your jaw.Might ought to go see someone about it could just get worse.

Your right about the Araucanas found them in a chicken book.

The work out sounds fun and I bet really relaxing.

Long day at work we have a guy that spends 5 hrs out of the day sitting on the smoking dock instead of helping in the room makes it hard for all of us to get our jobs done cause his stuff is never done and always in the way for us.I think our boss finally got fed up with it cause at 2:30 today boss found him on the smoking dock again when he should have been getting ready for shift change called him up to his office for a talk hes been in trouble for the same thing before we did'nt see him when we got off work so he may have got walked to the door.Will find out in the moring if hes not there.He new boss was watching him but just kept doing it anyway.Guess he don't need a job as much as some of us do.Oh well no great lose.

Better let the dogs in they think its bedtime.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  10:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'd be ticked at the guy who doesn't do his job. Real ticked. No patience for that stuff. I wonder if he did get canned. Sorry to see someone lose a job, but hey! It isn't right for him to get paid to sit around and smoke while everyone else actually works for their paycheck.

So the hens were Araucanas. It was fascinating to look up and learn a little bit. I'll more than likely forget a lot of it but it's interesting. It would be neat to see the eggs. I had no idea there was such a thing as a 'colored egg' laid right from a hen!

Jenjs, I hope you're feeling better. Please check out that jaw. There's no reason for it to continue to hurt. Something happened. You've got something going on there. I've never experienced pain like that from a root canal or having a tooth pulled - much less a cleaning! Don't let it go on. Go to someone else - not the same DDS.

I hope your doctor appts. turned out well too. How's the house selling coming? You've really got an awful lot going on.

My grandson complained of a sore throat yesterday. My daughter decided he needed to see the MD, which is rare. Usually she tries the normal things first - over-the-counter stuff for a day at least. Good thing she took him. He has mono. Now that was quick! But I had my hair done last night and the hairdresser said he heard from several of his customers that 'it's going around in the schools now.' Sure hits quick.

Got to get busy. Take care!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  11:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oooh, I hate people that don't pull their weight. Like they act like kings or something, expect everyone else to do their job. They get my blood boiling too beb! No reason for them to work then if they don't do the actual work. Sounds like my ex...

I plan on trying to see someone soon on my jaw. It's annoying that I can't open it like I always have before. I can barely open it enough to get in a bite, that drives me nuts. True, it is a good way to cut down the eating part :), but it really is driving me nuts. I go back on Fri to regular dr to see how the bloodwork went, if anything pops up. Hopefully my cholesterol is ok, it was a tiny bit high the last time I had work done. I really need to stay on top of the heart stuff especially, and diabetes too wouldn't hurt, since dad did have it also. But heart problems have always been big in this family.

The pool sounds wonderful!!! I do miss our old pool, I really do. I was going to go on the tread yesterday, but when I went downstairs, I found the washer had flooded somehow, so I ended up working to get most of the water up. The hose had come loose one way or the other, so I need to find some kind of putty to keep it where it needs to stay. It's like it worked itself out somehow.

Hope your grandson is doing ok, that mono can be awful. It always went thru school when we were in school, I usually was lucky & didn't get it. I ended up getting strep or pneumonia, wow, lucky huh?

Today is a pretty bright day. It's giving me spring fever. This morning I noticed the sun is creeping up sooner, I was surprised to see it. Soon when I get youngest up, it'll be light by then. I hear the groundhog saw his shadow....6 more weeks. Oh well, it's like that here anyways! We don't have spring at least until May!!

All have a great day...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Kissing throat, tell him to stay away from all those wild women.Hope he gets
better soon not much fun for a teenager to be sick.

Don't know if he got canned for good but he has been told to stay home for a few days till they have there review.Sure was nice to have someone doing his job today that really did the job,made everything go so much smoother today.

Jenjs,you really better get the jaw looked at grandma got lock-jaw one year almost lost her before they found out what was wrong.She had a cut on her foot that she did'nt tell anyone about and it led to the lock-jaw.Could'nt open her mouth wide enough to even get a spoon in so she could eat.Infection can do some weird stuff.

We had lots of sunshine when I got off work they say will have some tommarow then cloud up again.We still have lots of snow from last week.Got the tractor out to blade the driveway Sat. so the hubs could get up the drive with his little pickup looked like a drunk went down my road but atleast he did'nt have to walk up the drive.He laughed at my road work told him if he did'nt like the way it looked to go fix it so the neighbors wouldn't laugh at him.GUESS WHAT he did!!!!!!looks better but he was glad I got it good enough so he did'nt have to walk.OH the things one does for love.

Better get,Hope you all have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  10:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, I'm glad to hear you're going to see someone about that jaw. I believe she (was it a she?) got way, way too rough with the cleaning. Could have done something else too. But there is no way you should have pain from a cleaning. Might have some sensitivity around the gums right after a cleaning, but not PAIN. Definitely wrong to experience what you have.

I came home to water in the basement once too. The same thing - hose. What a mess!

Harley, good news on the guy not being there yesterday. You must have all felt relief! He should get written up and suspended at the very least.

So we all had sunshine yesterday. Isn't it wonderful? It truly does give energy. I love seeing it. We have some more made weather heading our way by Friday. We've really been lucky here though - again, I'm IL, but it's the St. Louis metro area. I'm 15 mins from downtown St. Louis. We've been lucky. It has hit south of us in IL and MO.

GS is doing well actually. He's coughing and had the runs yesterday. He's still home. Since I bought a new iPod, he has a job to do today. He loves it too. We went through some CD's and he's loading more music on my iPod. I found out something about myself - I REALLY like country western. I knew I 'liked' it, but I've picked out a lot of CW music. Toby Keith, Tim McGraw (that hunk!), some Oakridge Boys, Big & Rich, Shania Twain . . . Oh, I have a Kenny Rogers CD that I told him - copy that puppy right on over. I have a Willie Nelson CD - with Waylon Jennings - and I have to remember where it is. Might have it here at work. I want that. But then I like a whole lot of older music as well - 40 - 50's (I graduated in '66. Yep, I'm the oldie here.) So I remember most of the music from the 60's, but mom and dad loved the older stuff. So I was used to listening to it too. The 70's had some great music. I like the music from the movie 'Grease' too. Olivia Newton-John is good. It's fun and he's enjoying himself while he's at home. Otherwise, he'd be bored. He said every time he started to fall asleep yesterday he had to get up to run to the bathroom. Poor kid.

I have to get to work. It's sunny here today. I hope you both have a sunny day too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use