New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  1:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, I love coming here every day! Gives me something to look forward to.

Today I went & got my hair trimmed, was due, haven't had a trim for a couple months & so in 2 wks it'll look just right. I decided I won't color my hair, I don't like having to keep screwing up my hair. It just does too much damage. So the grey gives it highlights around my face! From a distance it looks like pale blonde, but I don't mind it all. If I could have a good color that would last a looooong time & not dry out my hair, I may go for it. But I don't, so for now my hair is "virgin hair" & is actually pretty decent. At least the greys are shiny & not dull, makes it easier.

I'm debating on whether or not to go & do my tanning thing or not. The shot of "sunshine" really helps to perk up the attitude during the short days of winter, plus the warm feels good. It's still a toss-up.

I'm going to be bad & for our cake we're having cheesecake, real stuff....amaretto, my favorite. Hey, turkey day is the next day anyways & instead of the pie I'll indulge in cheesecake. I'm not too hip on the pies anyways & regular cake is not my bag. So I'm saving up for the good stuff!

Well, of I go to do more! Have a sunny day everyone..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  6:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys,I need some advice before I do or say something really bad at work. I've been at the same place for 21 years now. They have sent me to Germany,Texas,Utah & anyplace that I'm suppose to teach new Operators on how to run the machines that I run.My problem is that for 5 years the girl that runs the other line like mine has yelled for me to fix her machine anytime it go'es down,which I have because she is my friends{so I thought} but because my best friend whom does not run our machines got in to a disagreement with my other friend that runs the machine the friend that runs the machine will not talk to me anymore says I'm not her friend if I'm still going to be the other ones friend.I WILL NOT GIVE UP THE OTHER FRIEND FOR ANYONE!!!!!!I can start to say something and she knows me so good she can finish it for me love her to death she keeps me sain in that place.If the other line goes down my boss will even ask me to go fix it and if I go over she walks off instead of watching to see how to fix it the next time it happens.I've had the same boss for 21 years would just about do anything he asked me to if it ment keeping production running but it so hard for me to keep doing her **** when she is being such a bitch to my other friend and me.Do I set him down and tell him that I'm not going to do it anymore or just keep being pissed everytime I have to do it? Sorry for the vent but I feel better now.

Jenjs-go for the tan it really is nice and its something that you enjoy.I think we all must have some well earned grey in our hair.I haven't put any color on mine for over 8 months guys at work tease me about the new shine I tell them they helped put them there so learn to live with it I have.

Hope all goes great for your big day jenjs enjoy the cheesecake for all of us!!!!!

Back in a flash-----take care all-I look forward to the chitter-chatter

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  08:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here it is another morning and checking in with my new friends.

To tan or not to tan - I agree that if it makes you happy and makes you feel good - just do it! My friend's son just got engaged. He's planning his wedding for one year from now. He'll get married the Saturday after T-giving. This is my favorite holiday. So I think you both picked a great time for a wedding.

Gosh, 417harley, tough position to be in. The only thing I will say is that hopefully this disagreement between your two friends will mend. It might take time, but let's hope it does mend. I wonder if doing something would then put you in a bad position later. In other words, their disagreement will be a thing of the past. Whatever you may choose, as in no longer fixing the machines, could make things hard for you. It's really a tough call. Since I don't really know any of you that well - or the job and the boss - it's hard to say what I'd do. I think you've already done the right thing - you're thinking about it and weighing your options. Good luck in your decision.

2 days ago it was chilly here. Today it's warmer. Tonight the rain moves in and we're dropping way down. Isn't this crazy? It's what makes people sick.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  2:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To tan or not to tan....cripes! My sis goes on about how it's so bad for me...yet, she doesn't stop smoking? Gimme a break! She's smoked a heckuvalot longer than I've ever tanned. Mom also was a smoker, but after her bypass she was done, over. She keeps telling sis to stop soon or she'll regret it. Mom was 49 when she had the bypass. Sis is now 47, so she's pretty damn close. Anyways, sis is the type where she's always right, so you should listen or you'll find out the consequences. It drives me nuts. Plus, I think she's becoming alcoholic, so she realy refusues to listen. What garb! On to better things...
Well, we only picked the date we did for practical purposes. We had planned for the end of Sept, but then mom was in the hosp for the mastectomy, so we had to put it off. We wanted the folks to be able to take part & we were going to be there for turkey day anyways. I have a nephew born the 28th & my one sis was married either the 25th or 26th, I don't remember, so there's a lot going on during this time of year! Hub to be said he should be able to remember the ann. pretty easily. We'll see!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I smoked years ago and stopping was the best thing I ever did. I had tried and tried - cut back, everything. Cutting back made me dream of the next cigarette. Then one day I had difficulty breathing. Doing laundry - up and down the stairs to the basement - and I thought "I have 2 kids. I'm raising them. They'll call me mom and not some other woman." I threw the pack out and never picked them up again. As it turned out, I had a tremendous chest cold, but it was enough to scare me and it did the trick with the cigarettes.

If your sister smokes AND is heavily into alcohol - what a combination. But you can't do anything about it. She has to want to stop both, and that's it. Let's pray that she stops soon, on her own, and before something bad happens to her.

It's wonderful that you'll have multiple celebrations. Good for all of you. And, oh, boy he better remember the date; huh!

It's so gloomy here today. Raining, raining. The temperature is dropping already too. I feel it and I'm inside.

So I really must get back to work. Just had to drop in for my morning 'fix of friends.' have a great weekend everyone.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  9:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good for you for stopping! Hubs-to-be is a smoker as well, drives me nuts. I hate the smell of smoke & I do get real crabby about it. I do what I can to get the house to smell decent anyways. I'm trying to get him to stop, he can get low health ins then & even a free program to stop....I'm hoping he takes it soon!

I know, no one can stop someone from smoking or drinking or whatever. That's what messed up my last marriage, booze. Couldn't take what I was working for all going to his booze. Yeah, I worked, he stayed at home & drank all day. Nice eh? The horror stories I could tell, you'd be amazed. But, now I have a real prince & for the moment I get to be home! I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom, I'm gonna treasure every day I have it...

My dress came today!!! It fits real nicely, but the shoes, ugh. They're the squishy-toe kind & my heels keep slipping. And ideas how I can stop them from slipping & I can walk decent, without them always falling off?!!! They're soo pretty & look classy with the dress, I need em, I just have to figure how to wear em right!

Everyone have a warm wonderful weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  10:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jenjs-double sided sticky tape put in the bottom of the shoe and then step into the shoe the tape will stick to your hose and help keep it in place.Had a friend that worked at a fancy dress shop said they used sticky tape for everything on the dresses like keeping them from pulling away from chest in a low cut v dress and to hold it to bra straps and to help with flimsy shoes.You sound so happy with your dress almost can see the big smile from here.

This is my 3rd time around with a hubby.Married 1st at 17 then 2nd one died on his motorcycle.3rd one best one of all wish I would have found him at 17.Like you I could tell some horror stories.But not anymore!!!!

Deer season starts in the morning all the yo-yos will be out shooting at anything that moves will have to stay close to home.

Bebs-still keeping my cool at work thanks for the listen needed a voice of reason not what the ones at work were telling me to do .Thanks

left a recipe in the recipe swap thats really good if you get time check it out.

Take care will talk to you all later. Have a good weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  2:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did find some things to put in the shoe, so I'll have to play & see if it works. Today I'm feelin real yucky, headache. I get paranoid on them sometimes....since mom had them regularly & then ended up w/stroke. She didn't have hbp tho & I do, makes me wonder.

My youngest also gets migraines, big ones, I don't get those, but he gets them too frequently & they really make him sick...he vomits quite often & just do him in. He's gotten thm since he was 5! 5! Can you imagine? And no dr can tell me what for, why, nothing. I hope he'll outgrow them, but they seem to come on more, not less. I need to find a dr that actually can do something, but it's tough when you live in the middle of nowhere pretty much & drs around here are crap anyways. I don't trust em.

Harley, I was in a mess close to the same as you with work. It got to the extreme for me & with nothing happening for the better for me, after 2 yrs of crap I had to leave. Quit cold turkey. Best thing I did. Not everyone can do that & I actually couldn't, being a "single mom yet married"....but I had to do something, to better things for me & the kids. I'm so glad I did, specially this time of year. For 11 years, holidays were crap & I could never enjoy them because of work. Now, it's like a weight has been lifted & I can again enjoy life.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  10:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here I am again. Good idea with the double sided tape. I never would have thought of that for the shoes/with hose situation. I know it works wonders though.

So glad the dress came and fits nicely, and that the shoes look so perfect with it. Won't be long now.

I have plenty of horror stories over alcohol too - my daughter's 'friend' who happens to be the 'biological father' of my youngest grandchild. I told her that that person and his entire family are like a cancer in my life. But I only get upset - to the extreme - thinking and talking about it. Some time I just might have to vent. I don't know. For right now, I'm just trying to work through things in my own way.

Alcohol. Drugs. Deadly and they wreck lives - innocent lives.

Next week is turkey day. Time to shop this weekend.

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  4:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did find some gel things to put on the back of the shoes so they won't slip. So far they work! But like I said, the minute I'm done, barefoot I am. I hate heels big time. I love how they make me taller, but walking in em, forget it.

I tell ya, booze is just bad. I still sometimes feel guilty when I like to have some wine or something, but I'm not the one who has or had a problem. Fortunately drugs weren't an issue, but he did try that too, just not to that extreme. And the worst victims are kids. They see so much & hear so much. I hope it all doesn't affect them in the worst way. My oldest tho, from the past, he knows exactly how he shouldn't act & what he needs to do as he gets older. But he does have a big anger problem & I know it stems from all of that. I try to talk to him, he's as stubborn as I am (geez). But at least he tries.

I have only a few things to do next week before turkey day. I'll do most of it during the weekend to get it all ready. I hope it turns out fun! My dad can be a pain in the butt too & he also is a drinker. Not good. I hope he behaves. We plan on bringing mom home for that weekend, I don't want him to ruin it & get her all upset. He does that very well, knows just what buttons to push to get her off. Wish I could pound some sense into that head of his sometimes.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  09:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning. Jenjs, glad you found some gel things and that they seem to work. It's funny how I've changed through the years. I used to wear heels - never 'high heels' though. I'm tall, 5'8", and didn't want to feel like a giant. Again - funny - because I could care less now and am happy that I am tall. I used to wear the 2 - 2 1/2" heels. Loved them and had all colors with matching purses. Maybe that was my addiction in my younger years! Harmless. That's for sure - oh, and smoking, because I sure did smoke until I hit around 30. But I wouldn't be able to wear heels anymore. I broke my left ankle - same place - twice. That was the end of any heel whatsoever.

So many of the fashions today are much better than when I was younger because I think they're more comfortable because - everyone wears whatever he or she pleases to a great extent. Now that makes sense to me. We don't all like the same styles and we certainly don't all look good in the same styles, much less the same color. I'm a 'winter' person myself (color coding). I like comfort. Nothing tight.

You seem to have everything under control and ready to go. Good for you. How nice that you're bringing your mom home with you for the weekend. It will be a celebration time for all of you and she'll be there to join in.

Talk about stubborn. My daughter and I can butt heads for sure. Two peas in a pod in that sense. Mom always said it was that 'German blood in me.' Obviously, that didn't come from her. Dad was German/Irish. His mother's parents came here from Germany and his dad's parents came here from Ireland. Mom's ancestors were English.

One of these days I'd like to do some geneology studying. Do either one of you do that? I find it interesting, but right now I don't have the time for it.

I've been wondering too where 'iwilldothis' is since she did start this thread. I enjoy coming here to 'talk' to you. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have gone online & to the ancestry.com to look. I was amazed at what I found! Mom's dad came from Prussia & the papers from Ellis Island were on it, Dad's mom came from Isle of Man (between Ireland & England) & her papers also were on it. I thought it was sooo cool! We're a mix of everything between moms & dads.....german, italian, english, russian, french....almost all of it! The farthest I got was to like the 1020's on dad's side. He's like 9th cousin to one of his idols, John Wayne, something like that. Anyways, I knew we had to have some kind of mediterranean in us somewhere since I get so dark in summer...mom always said I was her "black, blonde baby". I knew we weren't mexican or indian. It's interesting really! There's a gal I used to work with & we both have the same maiden name & she came to Wy from Ill. & my grandpa's side was from back east too. I think we're related somehow, our older boys look like twins; both big, husky, beautiful eyes, dark hair. It's weird! I'm still digging..
Anyways, this dress, it's a one-time deal. I just don't get dressy! I like to be comfy too. I have some clothes that I still wear that are probably close to 20+ yrs old.
My oldest will be able to come too! I was afraid he wouldn't get the time off, but he has & then some. Now I'm excited! I do hope mom does enjoy being home. We thought last Christmas she wouldn't be here this yr, yet here she is! Then she was in the hosp. with pneumonia, she had it 3 times during this last yr & still charges on. Still don't know what keeps her hanging on.
It is gorgeous the past couple days & yesterday it got to 64....it's November for cripes' sake! I leave all the windows open all day, let some fresh air in. Nice not to have the heater on all the time. I'm waiting for the shoes to drop tho. Have to say tho, during winter I'm liking global warming. I can remember days as a kid when we'd have below zero temps for weeks at a time. Really sucked! Winters are nothing close to what they used to be.

Everyone try to enjoy the day!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  6:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,not anything to fancy about my ancecters.Thay came from England on my grandfathers side one got hung as a horse thief.One was a priest that came over on some little bitty boat. One had a big plantation we have his will when he died he left paper so his people were let go,left his sons a dollar apiece left money to what he called his yellow women and let her go its fun to read.Grandma would read it to us when we were little.We have English and Dutch and German like Grandpa said we'er just a bunch of mutts.

2nd husband that was killed on the bike was 1/2 indian long coal black hair green eyes the other 1/2 was irish temper to go with it.we were married on the 22nd of Nov. so this time of year sometimes is alittle ruff.Jenjs,your count down is really getting close glad all is going so well.

everyone take care,life is way to short!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, glad your son is able to make the big day too. You certainly do have a lot to celebrate with your mom - her gift of life! Special time for you and yours.

Harley, coal black hair and green eyes - wow! That sounds handsome. Sorry that this time of year is a little rough for you. You are so right though - life is way too short.

Sometimes I getted bogged down with thinking about negative things from the past. I finally snap out of it and think: Why? What good does it do? The answer is, none. It only serves one purpose and it's counterproductive. I have really been working on focusing only on the positive and/or on things I can do something about, that pertain just to me. I can't do anything about anyone else. Can't change someone else and I should even want to or try to. I have no control over anyone other than me. My kids are adults now. My grandchildren have parents and I don't want to be their parent. It's more fun being their 'grand parent.' So I have a lot of positives - health, good friends, family, a job that I love, bosses who are wonderful. I have "NEW FRIENDS" too.

Enjoy your day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  1:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, sorry this time of year is rough. Bad enough to deal with holidays, they can be hard. 13 yrs ago, the night of Thanksgiving, mom had her major stroke. That was the end of mom was weve known her. She's now just a ghost of who she was. Sometimes there's a glimmer, I miss her, I wish she were better. But I aim to make this holiday the best one she's had in years.
I try not to keep thinking of negative stuff, it does weigh one down & make the mood a sour one. Some days it's tougher than others to keep a positive attitude. That's why God gives us new days I think, start over with the thinking.
What do you think happened to "iwilldothis"? Here she started it off & we jump at the chance, get a system going & where'd she go? Huh. Oh well, I enjoy coming here & reading what's up. It's a nice place to go, a shining spot to the day!
Today I made arrangements to have dad's carpets cleaned before we all get there, they're pretty raunchy. He's not much of a housekeeper. He fell I guess last week, has me worried. I'm trying to talk him into moving into a retirement community, where he doesn't have a big house to worry about & yard & all that. Too much for him anymore. Stubborn mule, not about to.
I know some of you ladies are probably close to the folks' age, mid & later 60s & there's not such a worry about you....good! What would you be feeling if your kids were trying to help to make things easier for you? Not trying to take away your freedoms & independence, but making sure you're safe & looked after somewhat? I'm frustrated!! Any ideas?

All have a ray of sunshine & enjoy it..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  6:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi buddies,jenjs i'll be 53 on the 27th of Dec.don't feel that age most of the time girls tease me at work about being able to out work them.I know lots of older folks from my small area that live in the retirement community some really like it others not so much depends on how out going they are the ones that are still in pretty good health seem to really like being around folks there own age then old men set and swap stories about younger days and about the pretty women that walk by,love to listen to there stories the ladies make quilts and talk about the men quess no matter what age we still all do the same thing.

beb,he was---but he all so new it could'nt pass up any girl that smiled at him nothing like getting phone calls from your husbands girlfriends.Sometime I wonder why I even think about him with any nice thoughts at all.Oh well!!!!!Men can't live with 'em don't want to live without them!!!!!!!

You guys are so cool it almost like talking to friends you've know for ever maybe its cause you don't have to put on any kind of fake face just say what your thinking.I like that.

take care--check back wed.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  09:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thursday. Thank goodness it's here and I get my hair done after work. Once it's at this point, I can't stand it. It's 'all over my head!'

I'm the oldest. I'm 60. I was 60 in April. I have a sister 50 and a brother 54. My kids are 39 and 36. My grandkids are 16, 11 and 2 1/2. The 2 1/2 year old is a girl and the older ones are boys. They're so wonderful - much 'more gooder' than their parents! I love being a grandma.

harley, can't imagine getting phone calls from girlfriends. That had to be hurtful. As far as nice thoughts - if you had children with him, that's your answer. Also, I'm sure it wasn't all bad. I'm divorced, but I can remember a 'few good times.' I never remarried. I never wanted to remarry. He was one SoB and I just couldn't stand the thought of judging someone else as wrong as I judged him. I actually got married too darn young I think. I was 18. I had dated him 3 years before marrying him. He was in the Navy - Vietnam War time. Yes, there were good times. But he was a mean man. Didn't start out like that, but he sure ended up like that. It wasn't from his service time either. He didn't see any action on board a ship. But that's in the past. Once I got out of that I knew I didn't want to do it again. I did date a little and decided 'My lands this is work!' Besides I think all the good ones are taken.

harley, I agree. It is so wonderful coming here to 'talk' to my new friends. It's amazing how freely and easily we talk to each other. I enjoy it and look forward to it.

A week from today I'll be roasting a turkey, making stuffing and watching the Macy's parade. The house will smell so good. I love this holiday.

Have a terrific Thursday. Talk to you tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  12:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, isn't it strange how someone can just come out & speak up? I love it!

I am looking forward to the smell of turkey & all the good stuff. Holidays are hard, but I'm gonna vow to make it as good as I can for me. Try to blow off dumb crap, y'all know how it goes.

Tomorrow I go & pick up the famous cheesecake, among other odds & ends I need to get ready. Thought that all this time would never come! Do you know how time seems to crawl when you want stuff to get moving, yet when it comes, you wish it weren't so fast? I'm aching to see my oldest & mom, but it'll go much too fast for me.

Ah, don't feel all the good ones are gone. They hide. It's true! And they come in the oddest ways. Look at me; mine used to be my neighbor, he was going thru a divorce & hated "us", I was in a spot with the ex & didn't like "them" either. In fact, my first impression of him was he was an asshole (sorry, but true). He still can be! But nothing like he was back then.

Well, it doesn't matter what anyone's ages are. I have a lot of friends, most of them actually, that are 50+. Seem more fun! And I'm not so far from 50 anymore either, so it really doesn't matter. Funny thing; my oldest turns 21 on New Yrs Eve & I told him I'd go out with him. He actually is thinking of it! I thought it was funny. My mom would never say she'd do anything like that with me. Different times I guess. I like to go have fun with my kids, with their fun. My youngest & I do stuff all the time. I tell him tho, in the next few years he won't want to be doing stuff with old mom anymore. He just gives me his hugs & smiles!

It's cold today, so everyone bundle up & wish for the sunshine!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Klynn238

7 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yup, another turkey day! I always try to make a plan of exactly what I am going to eat before the meal. (not saying I follow it!!) But it really helps me.

I am trying a new class tomorrow - HOT Vinyasa Flow Yoga. I hear that the room is 104 degress and it is faster than normal Yoga. We'll see how it goes! I will let you all know if I like it!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  6:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all, COLD!!!!!!COLD!!!!!COLD the wind is blowing and it is 29 outside they say may get to 17 tonight not ready for this.Can't wait to go to moms for turkey we have to work all weekend just to get turkey day off but then I've got vacation for a week after that nothing planned but will nice not to be at work for awhile.

Like you married way to young.Started dating him at 14 then married at 16 baby at 17 carried my son down the isle when I graduated from high school.I tease him about graduating twice.His father left us on Christmas Eve 2 day after my grandfather died.He isn't very nice to our son thinks he is to much like me.I really like that thought.Can't stand the asshole.Never looked back on that one.Married the other one a year later I think to just show him I could.He alwas told me I was to stupid to do anything and find anyone else.Found out way to late all the problems the 2nd one had.But jenjs right I found 3rd one not even trying he ran a small store that I would stop and get gas at we started talking about the bike and then cars and cows and then it was dinners and I love him to death he makes me feel special and loved every day.They really do just happen out of nowhere.

My son is 36 and we still have fun doing thing together.We love to go to auctions,he likes flowers as much as I do so we make flower beds together his wife left him but he has his son to keep him busy.We had to lean on each other lots of times.He saw his dad run me over his motorcycle when he was 4 had to run to his grandmas to get help cause it all most broke my leg and I could'nt walk to get help.He still laughs about The Day Dad Ran Over Mom.he can be a real pain but I don't know what I would have done without him at times.

beb- any of you family going to be home for turkey?

Hubby working late so better get the cows feed take care till tommarow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use