New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  11:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is closer to spring! In a few short weeks we even change the clocks ahead...waaay to early to me it seems. But the whole time change thing is dumb to me anyways. I've gone on about that all. It is just so hard for little ones to adjust to all of it. You all are so lucky that spring actually comes when it's supposed to! We don't really see it til mid May, if then. It does get frustrating!

Beb, have you done your water walking? I need to get on the tread today, I didn't yesterday. Just an off day again. Who knows. And I still am not able to get in anywhere for the jaw! Guess I need to get mean or something. I'll see how it goes today..

It is Weds isn't it?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  09:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm not a fan of changing the time either. Get it set one way and that's it. But no one asked for my opinion. The nerve!

I have done some water walking. It hasn't been as often as I'd like to, but that will change too. There are just some days I can't do it. I didn't expect to get there every day. I went last Saturday AM, early, as in 7 AM early. I loved it. I didn't expect too many people to be there, but when I left around 8:15 it was packed. I felt good all day.

We're having another sunny day here. There's more snow predicted for the weekend. I hope they're wrong. This needs to stop!

Have a Terrific Thursday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We're starting to get our spring snows. We have about 4 in right now & it's supposed to snow all weekend too, so here we go! At least it's snow with moisture, which we need.

I got on the tread yesterday, will do again today. I've just been so tired all week, not sure why. After kiddo goes to school I go back to sleep & the only reason I get up is because the phone rings, otherwise I'd still be sleeping. Very rarely do I do this, if ever. I always have to be doing something all the time, even if it's little things. It's better than doing nothing, to me it is. I'm one of those leg-wigglers, when I sit I have to wiggle my legs somehow. It drives everyone nuts, but it's me. Just gotta keep moving!

I finally got an appt for the dentist...next Weds. I know! I was lucky to be able to get one at all it seems. Why are they like that? It was the same for hubs too, when he was hurting & it took over a month to get an appt for him. They are not sooo busy like that, it's ridiculous. Makes me even more mad. And no, I'm still not able to fully open my mouth & it's all their fault.

One more day then it's Friday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  09:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wonder if the tiredness is just everything you've been through this past year - your parents' deaths, miscarriage, husband's gone with his work, preparing mom's home for sale, getting your home ready to sell, holidays, good grief! That's enough to make anyone tired. If it continues, you might want to check with your doctor.

DDS next Wed. Now isn't that ridiculous. You've had pain the whole time. No one could squeeze you in to find out what's wrong. How horrible.

And today is TGIF. I'm glad. You have more snow and we have more predicted. I don't really think it's suppose to amount to much though. I have plans to do some water walking Sat and Sun. That's the plan anyway. I'd like to do more yoga too. The tape I have is for weight loss, but I think I have 'gentle' yoga too which is good for beginners. I'm back to the beginner stage. It kind of makes my whole body feel good, as well as my mind. Now that's says a lot for it.

Enjoy your weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  11:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm sure everything probably has something to do with being tired, but I figured if I made myself keep doing things, at some point it has to get better. I wasn't near as bad yesterday & today seems better also. I did stop the prozac tho, I felt like I was getting down more than perking back up & that was the whole point to it. I'm going to keep tabs now on how my days go feelings-wise, if I still seem depressed.

I have been doing the tread, which is good definitely. But I did gain back 3#, yuk. That always is a bummer too, specially when I don't know how really, didn't go overboard or anything I can remember. Oh well, as long as I keep doing good stuff, I know I'm making myself better for the long run. I keep looking back at the folks, how they didn't do anything to make themselves better. Dad was a surveyor, so he used to walk all the time, I think it did help him years earlier, but after retiring, that's when they both went to pot. Mom smoked for years didn't help her any. I really think one needs to keep active as they get older to keep themselves in decent shape all the way around. My aunt is 85 & you'd think she was in her 60s if you saw her, that's how I want to be!

I know, isn't it pathetic that dentists must think they are such a hot commodity? Makes me sick. What will make me angry is if they have the gall to charge me for that visit...it is my own DDS, I couldn't get in anywhere else. Sad huh.

All have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm, I sure will...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  10:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I remembered to bring my passwords home!! It's about time. I thought I knew them and each time I entered them - nope. Wrong.

Glad you feel slightly better, jenjs. It's a good idea to keep tabs on your moods too. Great idea.

It's sunny again this AM and warmer. Happy days. Could it be??? I won't get my hopes up that within a couple weeks we'll have spring. That wouldn't be realistic. I shouldn't complain. You, jenjs, are getting more snow.

If I don't do water walking today I'm going to do the Wii. I've read that it's important to change things around a bit. I'm sure trying to do everything I can to get heathier, or actually to live a healthier lifestyle.

My daughter works tonight and tomorrow night. So lucky me - my GS and 3 friends are going to a dance at one of his friends' church tonight. Then they're all coming back here to spend the night. Good thing they're good kids. They'll even be home on time. One of them is coming earlier this afternoon. They want to play around with their music. GS has the drums I bought him for Christmas and his buddy plays the guitar. Tomorrow his girlfriend wants to come over to 'hang out.' There's my weekend! His mom lucked out. It keeps me busy and I wonder if it 'keeps me young.' I'm happy that he wants his friends here and that they ask him to stay here, to come over. I've worked so hard to make this a 'family' and so has his mom. So my rewad is - a houseful of kids! I'm smiling. It does make me happy. I hear their laughter. They're great to the little one. One thing - all those big kids can eat me out of house and home!! Drats. They don't gain weight either.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  11:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, those kids are little pigs aren't they?! But they can be fun. I really do think they can help in feeling younger, I really do. That was a plus to me with being pregnant, I really thought I'd stay young with a little one running around. How can you not? Keeps you busy & on your toes.

Are you able to do your water walking this weekend? I'm envious that you have decent weather! We have more snow coming down today, that's the norm. Spring won't show for us til April earliest, late April at that. It's a bummer.

Hope you have a fun Saturday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  11:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did the Wii Fit yesterday. I intended to get to the water walking, but ran out of time. Saturdays are pretty busy with laundry, some cleaning, etc.

I had every intention of getting to the gym today and water walk. But it's pouring. Absolutely pouring and I don't want the hassle of taking a 4 yr old out in the rain, getting her wet, drying her off, out in the rain again . . . It just isn't worth it. So what I'll do today is either a yoga tape or a 'Sweatin to the Oldies' with Richard Simmons. He's fun. He makes me smile, and I think my little one would enjoy him too. She loves to dance!

I'm making lasagna today. Her b-day is Tuesday. She'll be 4. I find it easier to celebrate on the weekend. I don't want to come home from work and cook at night. I'm too lazy to do that anymore. I sure used to. Her mom worked all night. So she's sleeping right now.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cold. Dark. Dreary. Rainy. Where is the sunshine??? It's getting colder too.

How's everyone on this Monday morning? It's the last week of February. Jenjs, you're probably on a roll getting things packed up to move. Did your mom's house sell too? That would be so great if it did.

Harley, how's the knee doing? How are all your critters? Hope things are OK at work for you too.

I have to get busy. I do have quite a bit to do today.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  09:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh man, it's just after 7am & I always check my emails & all before I get into the stuff for the day. Got a bunch of boxes yesterday & have packed up most of my gramas china, tho I still have to finish that, I don't want anything to break. Getting rid of a bunch of junk, again. Trying to sell some things too so we don't have to move em, won't have as big of a place as this house. Yes, the folks' house did sell, right before this one, the week before actually & they both close the 12th & 15th, so it's all going well. No problems that I know of so far on either closings. Cross fingers! So not exactly sure what day we'll be leaving, hubs hasn't put in for what time off yet but by the 12th we have to be out & gone. :( I will miss this house!!

Yeah harley, how'd the knee do so far? Decide what'll happen & when? This is a busy season for ya isn't it, isn't it calfing season right now, however it's spelled there.

We ended up getting around 9 in all together of snow last week, but now the wind is picking up again, so it'll warm up soon & melt it all in a few days. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s again, so the snow won't last for long. I'd love to have rain, man that'd be so nice instead of snow. No way til after May for that.

Can't believe that March is going to be on Monday already! Where does it all go to?? It'll be Christmas again very very soon!! Unbelieveable, time never went so fast as a kid, seemed to go waaay slow, to me it seemed that way anyways. Nothing like it is now.

All have a great Tuesday!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  10:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there.

I thought your mom's house sold too. I wasn't sure though. That is such good news. Both homes sold. That's a relief. It will all go through just fine. I don't envy you all the packing though. I hope you do sell some things. The extra money's always nice, and you don't have to just give it all away.

It's always a little sad to leave a place that you've made home. But you'll make a new home, a new life. You've dealt with a lot of heartache in the home you're in right now. So maybe it's all for the best. I'll bet your sis is just thrilled with the idea of you being closeby. You said your son's happy too. So everything is working out.

I can't believe it's March in less than a week either. I'm so anxious for spring. I cannot wait to get outside more. I really hate this time of year. 9" of snow. Yuck.

Have a terrific day. Let us know about your knee, harley.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mornin y'all....it's so bright & sunny out today, making me wish it were June, not February with all the snow on the ground. Very soon, with how time goes by!

Well, both houses are primed to be sold, but yesterday I got a call for this house & they want like 4 different things fixed, yet have it done by the 12th, that's their closing date...hubs isn't here to fix & is getting irritated, so not exactly sure about this house now. It's insane, they want it to close so fast & yet have all this work done....so if we end up losing on it, we aren't going thru, that's it. Why put in thousands more for stuff they would need to chose themselves?? It's more for looks stuff: garage door...tho it works just fine, a window or two...what if they'd hate what we picked? Know what I mean? So frustrating!

I have thought about leaving this house, I don't want to leave all the space & that, but memories wise, I'm glad to be rid of it. The last yr was the worst in my life & it all happened in this house. To put it all behind is the best thing I think. I did get rid of most of what I wanted to, but still have a couple things left I'd like to sell. If they don't I guess the goodwill is going to be lucky! I already have given away a lot of stuff & have more even to take over. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" That is so true!

Onto the DDS today...better find what is going on, or have a reason why it got so bad. She had to have hit a nerve or something. My intuition was telling me not to go that day, big time, but I did anyways. Thought I really needed that cleaning. Bad idea! Usually I listen to what I feel, but my mind was hellbent on having it done. The mind is pretty dumb sometimes!!

It's Wednesday...hope it's a good day for all..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm surprised they can make demands now when it's sold. They signed it and didn't make demands when they signed the contract. I would think that means 'over and done.' If they want the house, cough up the money. If they want more done, they should have said something WHEN they signed the contract. The only other option I can think of is - allow 'x' dollars for whatever updates they are requesting. But, as you said, not so much that you lose on the house. It sold quickly. There are other buyers out there. At least you won't have 2 houses sitting empty, up for sale. We're getting into a better time of year for home buyers too - spring/summer.

Good luck at the DDS today. Wonder if she'll actually tell if you if she did hit a nerve. If she did, she caused you a lot of pain and suffering - and you paid for it too - in money and in pain.

You're right. Spring is just around the corner. I can't wait either. It's sunny here again today. I love it.

Harley, hope your knees are OK. Been thinking about you.

Have a great hump day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It all is frustrating really, with the repairs & all that. We'll see what the $ amount comes to & say ok then we'll do half or something. I dunno. It all really gets me.

It's back to snow today, the slippery kind too, I hate that kind. Don't like driving in it at all.

I guess with the injections I got it went into the muscle & it hasn't recovered, she said it's all normal, so I have a few things I'm supposed to do & take a relaxer 3 times a day for a week & see if it helps or not. Go back in 2 weeks to check again. Fun huh. Had a horrible headache too yesterday, just was yucky. Still have one but not quite as bad...yet. Hopefully it won't either.

Yeah harley, what's up with you? Doin ok anyways? Hope so!

Almost there to Friday y'all...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  10:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This morning's going so fast. Started the morning at the car dealership because my car had a recall. Had to do it - engine/fire potential problems. What it boiled down to is, and I am not mechanical at all!, something to do with oil, the manifold and getting onto the wires to the sparkplugs. I just said - OK. Let's check it and make sure it's OK. Duh. I know nothing about cars and I'm not interested. Don't even like cars. It's just a necessity, an expensive one too. All is well. That's good news.

There's always something.

Jenjs, I have never had an injection to have my teeth cleaned. I've had them to do work on my teeth, but I have never in my life had the problems you've had. Believe me. I was just about born in a dentist's chair too. I have crown upon crown, had root canal after root canal and never ever the pain you've had. It still doesn't make sense to me. But if you're satisfied, great. If you get relief, great. That's all that matters.

You're getting more snow and we're getting sunshine. It's still cold, but the sun's out. I'm guessing we'll have some floods in the area this spring. North of us there was so much snow. All those rivers feed into the Mississippi - Missouri, Illinois, etc. Hope I'm wrong.

Hey, harley, how ya doin?

Happy Friday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  11:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mornin everyone...

It is so bright & sunny & nice out, but windy of course, spring is on the way. Which means more snow soon for us anyways. It's supposed to get close to 50 today & later in the week in the mid 50s...unreal. It is spring in the rockies, as they say here....if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes & you'll get it, but it'll be gone in another 10. So true. It changes that fast. I remember when I was younger & one night when I went to bed we had 40+ temps....when I woke we had over a ft of snow. It's unreal. You really don't know what to expect. But I will open up the windows a little for some air to come on in.

Well, I dunno anymore about teeth crap. All I know is that somehow it all needs to work itself out. I do this stuff for it & take the relaxers, not sure if it's doing anything or not but i'll see. Who knows!

Glad that your car is ok then, with all the recall stuff going on, you never know how safe you or anyone else is. Oldest has a camry wagon & I worry about if his pedal sticks or not, like they talk about. Hopefully not! I have having to deal with cars too. When gas was getting so expensive I would walk as much as I could, then drive only when I had some heavy groceries or whatever. I didn't like having to pay so much for something I didn't like in the firt place. I still don't! One thing about moving, where we're going, it's only a few blocks from everything. If I have a big shopping trip I need to do it'll be 45 mins away, but to run to pick up a few things is just a few minutes walking time. Nice!

I do hope harley is ok. And that knee isn't way bad. It's no fun I know!

Need to go & do some more packing. Have one more full week left before leaving! Or it should be that way anyhows, that's the plan. All have a great Saturday!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  09:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One week! I knew it was coming. Wow. That's soon.

I agree with you about fresh air. I open windows whenever I can. Get those germs out! I also just like the crispy, cool, fresh air smell. It's 'clean.' Love it.

Harley, I'm worried about you. I know it's a busy time. Sure wish you'd just say 'OK.' I'm doing OK.

I went to the gym and got in an hour of water walking yesterday. Today I have a chapter meeting for the painting organization I belong to. After that I'll head to the gym again. My daughter's off today. So I'm taking advantage of all the 'free time.' I just feel so good after I do that.

I had some sweet potatoes and some Yellow Yukons that I needed to do something with. SO I washed, chopped, swished a little olive oil and sea salt on them and shoved them in the oven. Everyone will enjoy them later. That way they won't go bad. I've had them a week, and I know they'll last awhile but that way there's something in the fridge for everyone. It would go with a big old salad too. I love them. Sweet potatoes are even healthy! I had a couple zucchini in there too. I sliced that with some onion and red pepper and sauted it. That sounds good too - again, healthy. I'm working hard on this.

Forgot to weight this morning. I got carraied away with getting some things done around here. I'll wait until next week. I think a couple weeks might be best for me anyway.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  5:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's a bit cooler today & cloudy, so a storm is supposedly coming in. So much for the fresh air today!! It'll just be a skiff I think, if anything.

Good you got in the walking for you!! I haven't been on the tread for a couple days, too busy packing & all that. I have most of the stuff all packed up, but I'm going to wait on the kitchen & bath stuff til last, like a few days beforehand. I may just leave a box open & dig out as I go. Haven't decided yet.

I am not a big veggie person, at all. That's bad for me too. I do drink V-8 when I remember tho, I should go grab one right now since I brought it up. Haven't had one for awhile so it'd be a good idea to do. I am making veggie soup today, mom's recipe. Ha, it's mostly chuck roast with broth & some taters & carrots & cabbage, some barley. But it does taste good!

The relaxer I'm taking makes me waaaay thirsty. I feel like a camel that's never drank water. I constantly have to have something to drink. I know I get like that sometimes, but I really notice it after I started the relaxer. Not real sure if the jaw is doing much better or not, guess it is a little.

Here comes Monday...enjoy the rest of the weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  10:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm lucky that I enjoy veggies, as well as fruit. V8 is a good choice since you know you don't get enough veggies in.

By the way, your soup sounds good to me. I love cabbage. Sometimes I just steam some cabbage, add a can of tomatoes, some onion, maybe carrots and peppers - yum! Delicious.

Monday already. The weekends fly by. I went to my painting chapter meeting yesterday and before coming home I went to the gym again. Got in over an hour water walking. I felt so good about myself! I was sure tired last night. Eventually the exercise will give me more energy rather than zap me. That's partly the water at the end of the day too though. It's really soothing for me too. It's nice and warm, felt good.

And here we are into another week. So you're almost ready to move. This is the big week and a busy week for you. Just remember to take care of yourself in the process. Easy for me to say when you're so busy. Just try. OK?

Harley, please let us know you're OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  10:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here it is Monday, plus being March too. I've heard a lot more birds out this weekend, so I'm guessing the changes will come soon. I hope to see the robins, they tell me it isn't far off, the nice warmer weather. I cross my fingers tho for next week's weather to cooperate with the moving. We don't need a huge storm to battle all at once!

Glad you got to do your water walking! I'll have to get on the tread this week for sure. I have just a little left to pack, leave the "have to have out" stuff out til the day before. I'm a bit upset w/myself, gained 4#, yuk. Hate when I do that. I get in spurts & they drive me nuts. Hopefully it's gone by the end of the week.

Last Fri my younger sis had to go to the hospital, she has problems with her heart electrical stuff & it races a lot & gets irregular all the time. We have very crappy genes. She gets checked by a specialist tomorrow, so hopefully not real bad news there. She's home tho, she really has to start taking better care of herself. I told her once I'm there I'll help her & together we'll get ourselves on track. She's fairly big right now, almost 200# I'd say as a guess. Losing the weight would help her too. Plus if she uses my tread too that's a plus. And once the weather gets warmer, we can take long walks outside & work in the yard & all kinds of things. I look forward to it!!

All have a great Monday, harley I hope to see you here soon!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use