New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  09:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I hope the weather holds out for you too. You don't need to be moving and battle snow, ice, storms, winds, none of that. You've battled enough this past year.

Don't be upset over the weight gain. It'll come off. You have to concentrate on getting yourself moved. Everything else will fall into place. Stressing about all of it won't help at all.

Sorry about your sister. It will work out great for both of you to help each other. Sharing the treadmill is a good start. But when the weather breaks and you can take long walks and work outside together, that will be wonderful. You'll have pretty yards, sit back and sip some ice tea, walk, talk, just be 'sisters.'

My sister and bil are moving sometime later this year - that's the plan anyway. They live here close to me now. They have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren. So this will be a big step for them, but one they've planned for years. My bil's knees are not good at all. He messed them up playing football in high school. He's a laborer - and it's all physical work. He simply can't do what he used to do. He should have enough time in to retire young this year. That's what they've worked for anyway. They bought a place years ago farther south, here in IL. It isn't far, only about 2 hours from here. I love it there. There's a lake, swimming, boating - not right in their backyard but through an 'association' there where they bought their property. He's a hunter. That was what started all of this years ago. Now he hates leaving it. My sister had to quit work due to a knee replacement. She's a meat wrapper and she couldn't handle the standing constantly on concrete, the very cold work areas, etc. But she readily admits the biggest reason is she waited way, way too long to take care of her knee. Now the other one's bad too. They're looking forward to the move and I'm thrilled for them. But I'll sure miss her. She said she's looking for a place for me right by her - or I could move a mobile home (modular home actually) right on her property. They own 3 lots. Something to think about. Many in that area bought pole barns and made them into homes. Taxes are cheap and they turn out absolutely beautiful. I've seen one of them.

So much chattering. I'd better get moving. I have work to do and get my hair cut today during lunch. Can't wait. It always makes me feel better.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Things will work out one way or the other. I now have to wait & see if the buyers will accept what we'll have repaired, or if they refuse & we go back on the market. There's no reason for them to refuse. If they want deeper things to happen, they can fix it once they move in. That frustrates me to no end.

You should think about moving there by your sis, if it's something that really sounds great & do-able. I'm looking forward to being with sis, I'm sure we'll have our skiffs....we always had to share a room growing up....but they won't be anything like they used to be! I'm hoping she will start to take care of herself more, hopefully my being there can make it easier for her. It's a good thing for all of us to do. I'm sure the hubs won't exactly like it all, but they need to do better things for themselves too.

I colored my hair yesterday, I would rather not do it, just be natural. But all the guys in my life don't like my gray, says it makes me look too old. As long as it doesn't dry out the hair too much I guess. I'm starting to get used to it now. For the longest time I never did, just didn't want to. I'm about due for a cut also, should do it before we leave I suppose. Kiddo needs one too. His hair grows so dang fast, wish mine did!

I know I shouldn't fret about the #, I really shouldn't. It bothers me sometimes, more so than it should. I did control the eating more yesterday, which is a big help. Tried to keep myself more occupied, like I don't have enough to do! I would like to back every single thing left, but I know I'll still need it for the next week, then I'd have to dig it out. The whole thing is irritating! Oh well.

It is a gorgeous day out today, supposed to get close to 50 & in the 50s the next few days!!! I opened the windows for a bit yesterday & will all week then. Gives me spring fever somethin awful. Did some of my errands yesterday walking, felt nice to be in the sunshine. Love it!! Have a great day..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  10:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You colored your hair! Well good for you, if it gives you a boost it's great. I know you said you'd rather not do it, but the 'men in your life' encouraged you to do it. You might be surprised. It might turn out to be a real uplifting experience.

My hair has a lot of grey in it too. I've considered coloring it and I just might. I've made a commitment to myself that 2010 is a year to do things for ME. It's about time. We women (mothers really) tend to give, give, give. But it's OK to do things for ourselves. I hate to constantly repeat that to myself.

I schedule a haircut each time I get one. My next one is in 4 weeks - Friday before Easter. I'm off that day. Actually, it would be a great day to have my hair colored. My hairdresser says he has something that would make it look natural, not damage or dry the hair at all. It covers the grey in various colors/shades to match whatever my natural color is. So it would look like it's streaked. I love that idea. For many, many years I had my hair 'frosted' or 'highlighted' whatever term you use. It feels odd to see all the grey in recent years. I stopped the highlighting when I could see that a lot of grey was coming in. I can honestly say though that grey doesn't matter much to me. I don't like to mess with hair. That's why I get it permed and why I get it cut every 4 weeks. I was it, put gel in it, let it dry naturally, run a comb through it and out I go. I don't get into the prissy stuff - it isn't me and never has been. I don't wear a lot of make-up, almost nothing really. Mom never let us. She said it would ruin our skin. So I got the hang of how to do anything much with make-up. So it's very little for me. I don't do mascara except on special occasions because it tends to bother my eyes now. Age. Love it!

It's beautiful here today. Nice and sunny. Up to the 50's here by the weekend. I'll definitely open windows then. Of course, now they've added some rain to the forecast, but I don't think that's for the entire weekend.

I am considering moving by my sister. I would love it. We'll see how things go when I'm able to retire.

Have a great day. harley, harley, harley!! Where are you??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  11:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Isn't it funny how gray hair upsets men more than us??! Funny! I always hated to do that, starting to get used to it, but there's going to be a point where I quit. It bothers me how some, not all, older ladies look older with their hair colored, you can tell it isn't natural. I don't want to be like that. Just be me!

I've never been a big make up person either. Didn't really wear any til almost senior yr of high school & even then it was very little, still is. I'll put on some concealer & mascara & that's it. If I need to get dressed up I'll do some foundation & blush, maybe some eye color, but not very often.

Have packing put on hold for the next day or so. Have to see if the buyers ok the repair addendum or not by Thursday, so I guess I'll find other things to do. I'd love to go outside & start doing things in the yard, but why?? I won't be here to take it all in! That's what I will be doing once we're in ND & it finally gets decent outside....maybe in late April, if I'm lucky! I really noticed the sun yesterday, how it's starting to fall at night. We're getting some sun on our back deck now & it faces the north, it only hits the deck during summer, so it is changing!! And a week from Sunday we do the dreaded time change, yuk.

All have a great Wednesday!! C'mon harley, tell us where ya are!!! We miss ya!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I agree with the coloring making so many look older. It's just too harsh for some, and it's just to fake looking on others.

Make-up is fun, but I don't know what to do with it. I sort of play around a little if I'm going somewhere special like a wedding, something like that. I'll do foundation, a little blush, eye shadow and mascara. Gosh, I just go 'all out!' But it's fun then. Otherwise, I'd be taking a lot of morning time just to primp. No way.

Hope things go well with the house. Sunshine on your deck is a good sign of spring then. I figure around here we'll be seeing flowers, like crocus, by the end of the month. I can't wait.

It'll be fun for you and your sister to play in the yard with flowers when you move. That's something for you to look forward to.

Have a good Thursday. Hope you get good news today.

harley, where are you?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, I found out yesterday that the ok'd the repairs, so tomorrow I think they're supposed to start on them. Yay!! Now I need to grab some more boxes today.

I also found out that paperwork my atty sent to the ex for the adoption came back undeliverable, sooooo, we may have a good thing there! May not have to go to court to do it! I hope it's that way anyways. We probably will, have to go anyways, but if the court sees that his papers were undeliverable, well, he's not really worried about kiddo's safety or well-being is he?! HA! Finally a speck of good news!! As my atty would say, it looks like he has "volunarily abandoned" kiddo....well, yeah, I would say so!

I do hope that harley is ok, this is a busy time of year for her too, so she probably doesn't have a whole lot of spare time. Hope all is well harley!! One more day til friday now....there ya go!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great news on the homefront and the adoption. From what you've said - he voluntarily abandoned your son years ago. Thank goodness for his 'dad' he has now. He'll always think of him as his dad because that's what he's been to him.

On with the packing, huh. There is an end in sight though and it's a good one. It's an end but a new beginning for the 3 of you. I think that's wonderful. It will be sad to leave your home, but you've had such heartache there. You aren't getting shorter winters though are you? You're used to it and now you'll have your sister to spend time with during those long, dreary, snowy days. But even that is coming to a close. It's just a month or 2 away until summer arrives, flowers, fresh air, walks outside, BBQ (How I wish I had some!).

I'm really looking forward to fresh produce and going to local markets for it. Corn on the cob, tomatoes (from my brother), strawberries, peaches, cantalope, watermelon, all of it. I love it when it's fresh from the garden.

Yes, our harley is busy right now between work and work at home with all her critters. I just miss seeing her posts and I'm concerned about her knee. We'll hear from her when she gets a chance.

Have fun on this working/packing weekend! I'll bet your son is thrilled too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  3:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, sooo busy yesterday! Had the repair guys here for like maybe an hr & then they stopped because it started snowing of course. We ended up with about 6 in of real wet stuff. Good for the grass & all, but it better not snow next weekend!!!

I do look forward to the spring, I know we're about there because we'll get more wet snows that are good for us. Just cross fingers not to have it next weekend!!!

Have a great weekend, hopefully soon we'll hear harley & how she's doin.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  8:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a minute to check in been really crazy here.Back and forth every 2 days to the knee dr. surgury is at 7:30 monday morning will be off work for 6 to 8 weeks if all goes well maybe sooner if I can stand it but because of the work I do he says he won't let me go back till he knows the knee can stand it.

New calves,peacocks all fanned out and calling every day and night.Was up in the low 70 yesterday.Store has been somewhat busy since it warmed up.New machine should be ready to go in by the time I get back.Boss had me train 2 people before my last day friday so maybe what one did'nt remember the other one would.Take care sorry I have not had time to check in to much to get done before surgury.Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  08:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, it's great to hear from you. You're in surgery right now. Be well my friend. I too hope all goes well and you can return to work sooner. That will mean you're doing very well indeed.

Glad to hear about all your calves, peacocks and critters. I love hearing it.

Happy packing, jenjs. This is your last week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  10:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey harley!!! Glad you could pop in for a sec!!! We were worried about you. Hope the surgery goes well & you stay on track to get better fast. From what I gather, I'd be willing to bet that you'll recover pretty well & not have to worry about it taking forever. It'll seem like it, but it'll go well. Crossed fingers for you!

Oh man, almost 70, I can only imagine. I thought we were doing way good with the 50s! Today it's supposed to get close to 55, then another storm brushing by tomorrow & Weds. The repair guys better finish the outside jobs today before it comes around again. They're supposed to be totally done by friday. They won't if this keeps up! I'm waiting for them to come as I speak.

I'm not packing any more stuff until like Weds, then everything for sure Thursday. Will pack up the truck then & leave after I sign papers Friday. It's gonna be a fast week for sure! I'm a bit peeved with hubs right now, he's trying to find a way to make all this happen without him having to come here. That just gets me & I am not happy at all with him. I just know I'm going to have to end up finding help to pack the truck & then I'm stuck driving the damn truck & I am not happy with that aspect. At all. We will see what ends up happening. For his sake he better end up coming anyways!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  10:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back at work today. Been home for a couple of days. I've actually been sick since the weekend - bad cold, cough, that yucky gurgle sound in my chest. But today is better. I'm just tired.

Harley's surgery is over and she's recouperating. I agree with you, jenjs. it won't take her long. She's a go getter!

Happy packing to you. I hope your husband gets home to help too. You need all the help you can get.

I've got to get busy. I'm really behind here with all the mail, emails, work . . .

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  6:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Only have a sec...harley, I hope all is well!! Rootin for ya to be better.

Hubs surprised me & came home yesterday instead of today! I was shocked!! It was a good one tho. I'm not mad at him anymore:)

Woof, tomorrow is the big packing day!! Then off we go to the wild blue yonder friday, it is goiong sooo fast....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hurray for 'hubs!' Good move on his part. I'm so glad he came home early to help you.

Good luck with the move. Have a safe and enjoyable trip/journey to your new home.

Hey, harley, hope you're doing OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Moving day for you, jenjs. I know you won't be in to post for awhile. Just want you to know that I thought of you this AM and your big move. Good luck.

Harley, thinking of you as you mend as well. Take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  10:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You all sound so busy and I'm setting on my butt.Knee don't feel so good something seems wrong with the way it moves can't move my leg backwards you no like if you were going to kick yourself in the butt can't move it more then about 2 in. oh well back to the dr. on wed. to remove the stitches.

Hope the move is going smooth.all take care stay safe

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  10:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, hello. I'm so glad you checked in and let us know you're doing - well, as well as can be expected with a bumb knee. I wonder if that might just be normal. I mean it seems like the mobility will take time and therapy. You'll find out more on Wednesday. I'm glad it's over for you.

I've been thinking of our friend jenjs and her move. Hope all is well there and that the youngest gets enrolled in his new school real soon. New school. New home. New friends. New beginning - for all 3 of you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  7:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Stitches out,still has alot of swelling but normal suppose to watch and make sure that the calf do'es not get any harder as could mean a blood clot and I am suppose to try and move it backwards as far as possible so that the muscel will get stronger.

Talked to my friend from work she has to have another shoulder surgury in 2 weeks to fix what they did'nt fix in the last one.Don't want that to be me.

Hope jenjs got all moved without any trouble.Your right about alot of changes seems like in a short year we have all seen alot of things change.Onward and upward for all of us I hope.

Made my way out to the flower beds have tulips up and crocus in bloom .the jonguils are almost ready to bloom.The japanese Tree Peonies are starting to put on leaves.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies!!! I am back! What a long ride it's been I'll tell ya. If it's not one thing it's another. I am glad not to be driving anymore...

Harley I'm glad that you're getting back to normal. It's all scary, but just from how you sound, the rest will go as planned. I'm sure it doesn't feel good at all, but once you get into the movement it should improve. And all your blooming plants & things...I definitely am jealous!! There's still 6 in of snow here, I have awhile before I can look forward to seeing greenery here. Bummer.

Beb hope all is well with you also, been swim walking, any gardening or any fun things? I can imagine very soon you both can play in the yard....not here!

I had done something to my finger on my right hand yesterday, jammed it or something, it hurts sooo bad & is driving me nuts. It better get better soon!!!

I'm back I'm back I'm back!! I'm so glad to be able to get in touch with you both finally!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  2:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies.

Harley, good to hear from you. I hope things continue to improve. Just keep up those exercises.

Jenjs, glad you got there safe and sound. Sorry to hear about your finger. It's always something is right.

I have tulips coming up. No crocus that I've seen though. My peony trees are getting leaves too. They're red and beautiful when they bloom.

I lost a crown Saturday evening. I was chewing a piece of gum and felt something in my mouth - besides the gum! The crown was intact and I was hoping he could just dab a little glue on there and all would be fine. No way. It has to be pulled. There isn't much there actually. I broke some of the tooth (or shell) off I guess. I've always been put to sleep for this, but it's been years. he assures he he 'won't hurt me.' Said it's really a matter of pulling the roots out. No pain right now because I'd had a root canal. The nerves are dead. If I let it go - infection. I could save a lot of money by letting him do it. I told him I have to think about this. He wouldn't do it today anyway. He was busy and I would need an appt. Darn.

Have a great Monday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use