New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately the tooth has to go. I told him to give me some time to prepare myself. I knew he couldn't/wouldn't do it yesterday. You have to schedule those things. I've always gone and been put to sleep for a pulling. Been many years. But I think I'll let him do it. He promised he won't hurt me. He said it will be easy. It's mainly pulling the roots out - there simply isn't much left. Could be worse.

Thinking about both of you and hoping you're doing well. Harley, hope the knee is better and the swelling's going down. Jenjs, hope you're enjoying unpacking in your new home.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh crap beb, I am so sorry for that!! Yuk, no fun at all. Nothing about the dentist is fun tho, for me anyways. I can fully open my mouth now & there's no pain anymore, yippee! But definitely, I have no plans on going any time soon to any dentist...

I do hope harley is ok too, I know how that knee surgery can be hard to get over sometimes. The hardest thing for me was having to get back to normal after the spinal, that really did a number on me, it was strange.

Well, we're camping at my sister's place, so I can't unpack anything really. It'll be months before we even have a place & it's small & tight around here & tempers can flare at a drop of a hat & ugh, so far it isn't very peachy. One small bright light...kiddo likes the school, I was very happy to have heard that. So yay on one thing!!

I do hope you start to perk up soon beb, that is not a fun thing at all...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  10:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good to hear from you, jenjs. I'm so glad your jaw/mouth is finally pain free. That's good news.

I'm doing fine. No pain. It just upsets me to even think of having one pulled. It's been so many years since I had to have one pulled, and then I made them put me to sleep. But it really isn't worth spending hundreds of dollars extra for that. If my DDS claims he can do it and I trust him, then I should let him do it. I have to schedule an appt. Called this AM, but it must be a day off - or they're all tied up right now. I just want to get it over with.

Yes, I hope harley's doing OK too. Knee replacement is nothing to sneeze at. These body parts all have to work together.

If you're all at y our sister's place, yes, it would be rough. The sooner you get out of that situation the better it will be. Everyone will just have to be patient and understanding. Of course, easier said than done. I know that. I'm so happy your young man likes his new school. That's a big plus!

Take care my friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Geez beb, that's like putting off the inevitable. Yuk. I'm with you, just get it done! Last teeth I had pulled were wisdom teeth in HS, that was the last time I saw the dentist (HA) until 2 yrs ago...

I need to find a way to get my tread set up down in the basement so I can hop on. I've been wandering the town & getting in walking, it's real small & everything is in walking distance & it's been decent weather...til today. Now it's 20 out is all & almost noon. Ugh. It's looked like thanksgiving time here since we got here & now it's weather matching to boot. Funny, I'm even making a turkey breast for supper today!! I just realized that...

Hopefully in about 2 mos we can have our own place & get it started. We were lucky in this small town, found a lot for $500 & it has the utilities on it already! So we're looking for a decent used double wide, not too expensive & we'll remodel if needed. I just want my own place!!!!! I miss my house...

Almost friday!!! I'm sure kiddo is glad for that also, but he really is enjoying school. The kids must love him & there's none of the cliques crap going on. I'm sooo happy for that!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  11:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It sounds like the perfect place to live. Small. Everything w/i walking distance. Wonderful.

Turkey breast for dinner sounds good too. I've been thinking about what to cook for Easter and turkey crossed my mind because it's so darn easy, inexpensive and always lots of leftovers. That makes it the perfect meal if you ask me!

It will be good for you and your little family to have your own place. A nice double wide sounds great too. It's so nice that your son is happy at his new school. It's so important that he enjoys his school as well as learns while he's there. He won't learn as well if he isn't happy - or that's my theory anyway. Plus, it makes for a happy mom!

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  2:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm hoping sooner than later we will be able to find a place. This weekend we're looking around in close towns & see if we can find anything. At least it's a little warmer today, that makes it a little better, sun trying to pop thru. Supposed to be in the 60s next week....well, I'll believe that when I see it!!

If a kid isn't happy in school he definitely will not do well in it. That isn't just your theory, it's true. I remember when I was 9 & I absolutely hated school...I'd run off the yard & go home & pretend to be sick all the time, it was awful. I did it for 3 months, after that we'd moved closer to another school & after that I was fine. It does make a difference, it really does. I couldn't tell kiddo I'd run off & all that because I was afraid that he'd try the same! But I do know how he feels about moving to a new place.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & that we hear soon from harley!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  11:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's sunny here today. By Thursday the prediction is we'll hit 79 - 80!! I'm doing the Happy Dance. Hey, it's good exercise too.

I'm planning on going to the gym this evening. My GS wants to go too. My GD is with her 'other grandparents' on a camping trip for a few days. So it will be easier to go. She can go with me to the gym too and loves swimming. But she's young and can't go everyday - Tues/Thurs and weekends. They have childcare but I hate to do that when she knows I'm swimming. So it's go at lunch (which I've done and enjoy), evenings when she can go or her mom's home. I just work around it.

I've had a problem with my toe for a week and a half. I think I figured it out - by searching the Internet for 'foot pain.' I swear. I'm falling apart. I believe it's gout, which I did not even think of. But I saw a picture of a toe - wonder if someone has been looking at my feet!! It sure looked like mine - swollen, red. Darn it hurts too. I have an MD check-up on Thursday. Guess I'll have to talk to him and see what he suggests for it. it's soooo much better. Swelling is almost gone and the red has turned to a pretty pink in some areas only. So that's progress. But from what I read - it will return.

Have a Marvelous Monday - Easter Week!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's in the high 50s right now & supposed to get into the 60s today & tomorrow, so yes I'll take it!! It'll be a couple months before we see the 70s-80s definitely. On Sat it got to 38 for a high only, very cloudy, windy cold. Yuk. It was like November I swear. Today is a whole other ball game & I love it!!

I set up the tread this AM & used it & went for a small walk to the store for a few things & soon I'll be going to the PO box to check mail, so it's a good thing so far today. And maybe I can get sis to walk after dinner when it stays warmer & light longer. Be good for her too. She's supposed to lose weight also from what her dr said.

Oooh, dad had gout all the time. But also, and we didn't find it out til it was too late that he had diabetes & that's why he had such problems with his legs & it'd trigger the gout. Plus he always ate that processed crap which is bad for gout also. For you I would guess they would look for the triggers & work on that, if it is the gout. Have you tested for diabetes also? I think you told me before you had since your mom(?) had it. Am I right or off? But, from any perspective, gout never seems to be a go-away-type deal, it never did for dad. I guess that's because of his diet & the diabetes. All I know is that it made him miserable, so you could imagine your legs feeling like your toe did. Ugh!

Can you believe it is almost Easter?! Already! That means super weather will be the norm soon instead of the cold & snowy!! Wee-haw! Hope all have a great Monday then...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  10:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hurrah. You got your treadmill up and you're out and about. That's good. I'm so happy for you. Things are progressing. Is hubby happy there too? I sure hope so.

You are correct. I am tested several times a year for diabetes via bloodwork. I just had blood drawn on Friday since I see my MD Thursday morning. I sure hope I don't have to have a lot of other testing done for this gout. I'm sick of seeing doctors. I know what's wrong - I'm overweight! I do wonder if the acid reflux and gout are connected. No idea. I don't know much at all about gout - actually nothing! I just know it hurts. I wore different shoes today too. They're wider than my normal ones and my toe feels better. Gosh, the swelling is better.

Went to the gym and water walked for an hour last night. I had to do it. Not going for around 10 days meant - no weight loss for last week. I can't do that. I'm determined to get rid of this fat. That's it!

Have you heard about "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution?" Check this out:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution

He's a super chef from Britain. He is also known as 'The Naked Chef' I believe. I don't anything about that. He made headlines in Britain when he pushed for healthy food in schools. He's in the states now and in Huntington WV - the 'heaviest' city in the US. A lot of controversy and backlash to begin with, but he's making progress. What was being fed to the kids in school lunches was ridiculous - for instance, pizza for breakfast!! We're talking grade school kids. I find it very interesting.

Have a great day. Hi, Harley. Hope you're doing well.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  11:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck w/the dr on Thurs, it is old when one has to go there all the time. That was the social calls for the folks, that's all they did. At that point it seems no fun to bother anymore, what life is that? This AM I had a flashback, there's an elderly couple that live across the street & the ambulance was there to pick her up. Like it never ended.

Good for doing your thing!! I know for the past week I was feeling ugh, I wasn't doing anything & didn't have the tread fixed yet & sure wasn't watching anything I was eating, way bad. That's one thing I don't like about not being in my own home...it all gets chucked out the window & that's my fault. I really went lax with the move, out the door it all went. One perk about here now tho, I love the water. Our water before was just disgusting & couldn't drink it unless I gooped it up with some kind of flavoring & I don't like that all the time. So I'm so happy about the water!! Silly huh.

I have heard of the guy, don't know a lot about him but I remember hearing he'd ticked off a lot of people in the south with that. I like Gordon Ramsay, he has hubs attitude & language to boot, which is funny & I tell him to go cook for me then. Get far I don't!!

All have a great spring day, enjoy the sunshine & hope to hear from you soon harley!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  9:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies, glad to see you both are fine and getting along good with all the changes in your lives.Back to the Dr. in the morning wish I had never had my knee done.Its lots better but still not there yet,can't pick up 30 lbs when I'm on my knees cause i can't shift the weight to my left knee cause it is still pretty sore,one place in the back of the knee thats not doing so good gets really tight and does'nt want to relax very quick.Been walking to the end of the pasture each day to check on the cows can make it almost 1 mile before my knee feels like it is 2 times the size it should be.Hubby said i was trying to push it to hard to fast miss being at work.I feel useless just doing nothing.Climbed up on a chair yesterday and took the cookie jars off the top of the cabinets and washed all of them had most of them back up when hubs got home got my butt chewed out for that stunt.Had a guy come over today set and pointed out things in the yard that I wanted done he moved some junk out of the way and picked up some limbs will be back to fill new flower beds with dirt.HATE BEING HELPLESS!!!!!!!!!Better get dogs want out.Take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  09:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!! So glad to hear from you!! I kinda figured that you'd be trying to do too much stuff than you should be, that's just you. I think all of us are like that tho, am I right? Can't sit still when you know there's stuff to be done! At the same time, you have to be good for you too, how good is it when you can be making yourself worse instead of better? Believe me, I know!! My BIL is finding that out right now, he'd broken his wrist & had some type of surgery done on it & was told to do some things with it by the fine folks that help with physical therapy, but the dr didn't tell them to have him do that....so his wrist isn't healing at ALL! It only bothers him because he isn't able to play his guitar, not because he's not able to help sis do anything. He's selfish that way, but an ok guy otherwise. At least he holds a job!

Whew, anyways, I do know how you feel about not being able to do what you want. It's also with how you feel too, if you feel good & want to get moving & all that. If it isn't any good, why bother doing anything? With the weather changing & getting nicer too, well, makes it harder of course, specially being on a farm!!! Now that's a lot of willpower right there. But take care of yourself!!

Look who's talking here. Ever since I had the miscarriage, when it comes to that time of the month I've been having some awful cramps & it just makes me sick pretty much. A lot of it is psychological I'm sure, but I push myself to do every day stuff, but in the end...how do I know if it's the good thing to do or not? In time I guess I'd find out huh.

Within the next 2 days or so we're supposed to be getting slammed with more snow. Great. It is springtime tho, you think I'd be getting used to it wouldn't ya?
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, it's great to hear from you.

I agree with our friend jenjs - please don't overdo it. Yes, easy for me to say because I don't have any restrictions on me. But you won't help yourself in the end. The weather's been great and you love the outdoors, your animals, your plants - but you'll only be able to do much. Can you SIT and plant in some planters? Maybe that would help you out some. You could plant an herb garden in pots or a planter. That 'might' yelp you a little. Walk when you can, but don't push it. And, above all, do not climb. I'll bet hubby did chew you out.

Jenjs, sorry you're having monthly cramping. Oh, how horrible that was for me. At 38 I had a hysterectomy. Done with that crap.

Snow again. How awful. I'd hate to get any snow now. We shouldn't. You never know. We have had snow in April before, but it sure isn't likely. Spring really is just around the corner for you, jenjs.

Have a great Wednesday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  10:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I do know spring is around the corner because it can be 60s & then turn around & hit 35 in 15 mins. that's how our springs are! And always snow on Easter, no matter when it is. I remember having no snow at Easter only when we lived in Cal when we were kids, funny huh. Just like Halloween.....can't have a warm one, it always snows for it, try to put on a costume over a coat, not easy!

I would love to be able to start planting & doing work in the yard, but I can't plant until probably later May. I could start raking anyways, it's something. Now I need to wait for more sunny days again....

Do y'all have any plans for Easter??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  12:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll take my spring over yours, jenjs. I do not want any more snow at all. Today is another beautiful day. It might get up to 80 later. I'm loving it.

No definite plans really for Easter. My daughter works all weekend. So it'll be me and the kids until she gets up - working 9 PM - 7 AM. I'll cook something, probably ham but I've thought about turkey too. But we might go to my sister's for awhile too. I have plenty of options. We'll see how the day goes.

Just got back from the MD's. He said - sure looks like gout to him. But he's sending me for an xray and bloodtest. Good grief. Always something. But I needed some relief from this. My shoes are killing me!

Have a great day. I'm off tomorrow. Nice long 3-day weekend suits me just fine.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  10:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It was a beautiful weekend here and we did have a lovely weekend.

Harley, hope you were well enough/pain free enough to enjoy the holiday. I thought about you yesterday - I really did. My daughter had worked Saturday night. So had to sleep part of Easter day itself. I made potato salad and an icebox cheesecake yesterday AM. Stuck a piece of ham in the crockpot, set things out to make greenbean casserole when I got home. And off I went with the kids to visit my sister and her family. Her daughter just rented a home here in the city - but it's a small neighborhood, top of a big hill, plenty of ground, swing set, the whole bit. She wanted me to come see her home. So I did. We're all family - so what a nice way to spend the day - plus my little GD had little ones to play with my GS talked with adults. Well, what made me think of you, harley, is that to turn off this main road onto the street that climbs up the hill to my niece's place we had to stop and wait for the CHICKENS to cross the road. My GD loved it. My GS said - what in the world?? I just sat and laughed. They were beautiful. I don't know enough to know the different breeds, but there were several. Beautiful! We were sitting outside and my niece said - did you hear that? That's the neighbor's turkey. I loved it. It's strange. There we were, right here in the city, sitting on top of this little hill. There are only about 6 houses up there - the other five are all family and the street is named after that family. It was wonderful.

Jenjs, hope you and your family had a lovely weekend in your 'almost new' home. Soon you'll have your own place for celebrations. But I hope it was enjoyable.

I have to get back to work. Just needed to check in with you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That all sounds so great!! I can see how you'd think of harley, I too hope she's doing ok. It was a gorgeous day out, only wind, which seems to follow wherever we go! But, we had no snow for the first time in years, couldn't believe it myself. We had a ham too & the green bean casserole....that I can't get into like everyone else does, I'n not a big bean fan unless it's in chili!

Sis & I started work on her lawn on Sat, looks so much nicer already & you can see how green it's gotten just in the last week. So later this week I'll put on some fertilizer too. I will have to find some cool pots to put out on her front deck & get some fancy flowers put in once it's warm enough. That's not her bag! She said to go for it. I also got a lilly & once it's all bloomed out I'll plant it in her yard somewhere. She'll be surprised! I love seeing them every year, I'll miss the ones I've planted at our old place.

Kiddo & I colored eggs on Fri & had to make a "black" egg for gpa. Dad always colored a black egg, one that was cracked usually & used all the colors mixed up to make the black one. It turned out black too!! Usually doesn't, but I saw it as a sign that dad was there & was with us watching us take on his job. I always got a kick out of him doing that, it was fun.

All try to have a good Monday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wednesday already. Time sure does fly. Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. Started the day off at the hospital for bloodtests and x-ray for my stupid toe. I guess I'll find out 'for sure' early next week. It's looking good now and I'm pain free. Hurrah!

It was very windy here too. It's blowing storms in. It's to be expected. We had such a gorgeous weekend. I can't remember the last time Easter weekend, especially this early, was as pretty as our Easter this year.

I think your sister will be thrilled when she sees how pretty things look once you get finished working on the yard, planting some flowers, pretty pots . . . Nice. I too love lillies. They're so pretty and one of the first thing to say 'Spring is here!'

A black egg. What a neat idea to mix all the colors. It was a wonderful way to remember your dad too. Fun time with your young one and sharing memories. Ahhh, holidays, family.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  5:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I hope that all the tests come back ok for you next week. Good thing that the pain is gone & it feels better. I know it did a number on dad, I don't remember what he took for it but it seemed to help him most of the time. Sure cleaned him out tho when he would take it!!

Hope harley is ok, bet she's really having a rough time right now with it bein spring, I do feel for her!

I found a place online that makes little charms with a baby in a heart, it's from a website that has memorial jewelry & other stuff for those that have lost little ones. I jumped right on it & ordered one. Now I can have something there for me every day. I have ups & downs, I had a down time most of the day today, who knows why. It just comes & goes. I'll be glad when I don't have many of those days anymore.

It is weds, which means the week is almost done already!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  10:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I already have the results. Osteo arthritis and uric acid count was high, which = gout. So I will be on a daily medication now. Life is good as you age. Just wish I owned a pharmacy! Oh, and I have a bunion on that toe too. Am I having fun yet?

Poor harley. Bumb knee. Life springing up all around her between flowers and her critters and she's having a difficult time with her mobility. Hugs harley1

Wonderful news about the charm. I think that's great and just what you might need. I'm sure you do have your ups and downs.

TGIF. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use