New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  09:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The arthritis part sounds familiar with the gout, and I know there was some level that needed checking all the time for dad, must have been the acid. But also he had to have weekly checks on other stuff for his kidneys too, so maybe I'm confused. At least with some meds...as grand as it all is...it should help it out. Plus if you don't eat much processed foods it should stay more controlled. Dad was awful on that stuff, course how do you think an older man would cook for himself? Exactly!

I do hope harley is ok, I know with the weather starting to bloom it'd be such a booger not being able to do as much. I do feel for her! I fertilized the lawn last week & we're getting showers today, should be super for the grass now. It's pretty chilly, it had done a bit of sleet early morning today. Doubt we'd have snow, but never know. Won't be very warm today. Guess I'd better do the tread then, haven't since what, the week before, not good.

I hope my charm comes today, that would make my day. The 14th is coming up, that was the day in December. I go thru it every month. I'm hoping in time I won't be remembering as much.

All have a warm & exciting Monday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  09:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Drats!! I have lost 2 posts. I do believe I figured out what has happened. I'm typing away, phone rings, I answer it. Return to typing and 'poof!' My post is gone. There is a large envelope in this 'pile of work' next to the keyboard. I'll bet that envelope hits the 'Esc' key and makes my post disappear. Can't think of any other reason. So I've spent a lot of time on one post.

I feel better since taking the meds. Have an appt to get my tooth pulled on Monday, the 19th. I'll be glad to get that out of the way too.

I too am thinking of harley a lot. It's just a tough time for her. She's so active between work, her critters, lawn, flowers, family, just hard to sit back and not be able to do much at all. Hang in there, harley! We're thinking of you and hoping this passes quickly.

I hope your charm arrives too. I hope it eases the pain of your loss. I think that's about all you can hope for. You'll always remember, but it will get easier.

Gorgeous day here. Hope it is for you too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  10:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad the meds are helping, makes it better knowing they actually do something for you right?!

It's still dreadfully windy, cold & dreary today. I decided to make ham & bean soup today, good day for it being so cold out. You'd think it was still winter by how it looks outside. They have some snow showers for I think Thursday, who knows if it'll be coming or not. Hopefully by Fri the storms have all passed & gone, sis is going down to Florida for a week but they leave Fri after work to catch an early plane Sat morning, they have to go to Bismarck to take off. That's about a 3 hr trip or so from here.

I got my charm yesterday, it's as great as I imagined it. Now there's something there for me, maybe it can give me a little comfort here & there when I need something. I did find a site where there's a church in NY that has a small shrine for babies & people can go & say a prayer for the child & I have a small paper from them, like a kind of certificate, that has the baby's name on it. That really gave me a sense of peace when I saw that.

Here's another day, but it's still a dreary one. Oh well!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  09:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It will be better for you too when your weather improves. Getting out and digging around in the dirt, seeing pretty, colorful flowers spring to life. Ahhh, nice.

I'm so glad your charm came and that it's everything you hoped for. Wonderful news. I had no idea there was a church in NY with a small shrine for babies. How nice that you have something from them with your baby's name on it. Yes, I can see where that would give you some peace. It's your baby, a life that was in you. That would not be easy to get over.

Ham and bean soup, cornbread. Yum. Perfect for the day you described. Enjoy.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  11:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, we....should say hubs, got a call this AM from Wyo, where he had his trucking schooling & they would like for him to be a teacher now. I know!! Why couldn't they have done that 3 mos ago???! I told him he should think about it, really think it over. We still have everything packed anyways & finding a place is being a royal pain. He really should mull it over. We have to go back in May anyways because we finalize the adoption, wouldn't hurt to do it all over again. Who knows!!

It's still dreary & cold & everyone's starting to catch crap. We need the sun to break it all up!!

It's now Thursday, one more day anyways huh!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, my, jenjs, it seems there's always some sort of turmoil in your life. However, this could be a wonderful opportunity for your husband, and you and/son. Would your son be happy going back to his old school? Or would he be able to go to a different one? If I remember correctly, he wasn't too thrilled with his school. Good thing everything's all packed yet. But now you sold the home you loved too!

Thursday already. You are correct. Tomorrow is TGIF and one week from today I leave for my Girls' Weekend. Hurrah!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm not sure exactly what will go on, he has offers from other trucking companies here too....so it's all one big mess!! I think the Wyo offer is good, only because we would be able to find our own place. Getting tiring staying with family, you know how the saying goes!

We had actual sunshine yesterday, imagine that. It was sooo nice to see! Now i can start walking more again....been lax in that, even with the tread. Bad bad. Allergies are coming on now, so waking with a headache most days doesn't do much good.

All have a good weekend! Come say hi harley...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  12:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick post. Busy at work, but wanted to check in.

Has 2 teeth pulled yesterday. The one that was planned - where the crown fell out a month ago, and the one right next to it. In pulling the one out, the crown popped right off the tooth next to it. Didn't surprise me at all. It too was an old crown. One major problem - I already had a partial. One tooth that is seen all the time - we have 2 front teeth, and the false tooth is the next tooth on the left. The other false tooth is the first jaw tooth on the right - next to those 'fang teeth.' The 2 that were pulled are right behind the false jaw tooth. That means - no jaw teeth on the upper right side. So what do I do? I'm forced to get a new partial or bridge. Sheesh. It never ends.

Hope things are going well for both of you. I'm sure things will work out for your, jenjs. Living with someone else isn't easy, but for right now it's something that will have to be worked out. Easy for me to say - it isn't me, but my daughter and her 2 live with me. We've worked it out and it's fine now. Of course, that's different that having a husband involved in the mix too - I understand that.

I leave Thursday AM for my Girls weekend. Can't wait! Got to get busy. Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  3:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yuk, so how do you feel now with the teeth gone? Yikes, it is a pain now, having to have all that replaced. Hubs needs to have that done also & soon, like in the next few yrs, he's had a lot of problems on his teeth.

The weather is getting better, but I've been in the drearys for days now. Not sure why, I know that I wish I felt like it's as nice as it is outside. Not fun being down when it's sooo great outside. Hopefully soon it'll blow over. We're getting closer to actually having our own place tho. All the bushes & trees are down we wanted, they just need hauled off now is all. Then the lot will be evened out & it'll be ready for the house.

Your week will go fast then if it's a short one for you huh? Hope you have a great time. Next week is kiddo's 13th bday, I have to think of what to do for it. We may go out of town this weekend since it's during the week, we'll see. Who knows. Doesn't seem like he should be that old already tho!

All try to enjoy the beautiful sunshine..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Feeling OK actually. I'm just glad it's over. I hate to think of the expense of getting a new partial, or I guess it'll be a bridge.

If your husband needs dental work, I sure hope he does get it done soon. My dad put it off for years and he would get so sick with his teeth/infections. Oh, it was horrible. Finally had every one of them pulled and that was right before my wedding. I can still hear my mom telling him: If you want to walk your daughter down the aisle, you have got to get your teeth taken care of!! He did it, but it was so difficult for him. He was afraid, totally and completely afraid. Great big man too - 6'4". Funny, mom was 5' 2". She made us all behave ourselves. Poor dad. So many years ago . . . I've been divorced a long time. 22 years.

It's gorgeous here again. Today will go so fast. Then it's pick up the little one from daycare. Fix dinner for her and her brother - my daughter works afternoon shift today. Pack, bath my little love bug, and hit the bed. We're off at 9 AM tomorrow. How fun!

I'll be in touch again Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend of b-day celebration with your son. Harley, let us know you're OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope your weekend was a fun one beb. We had some snow yesterday, not much compared to oldest kiddo still in Wyo last Fri..he got about a foot. He was not a happy camper! Just when you think it's spring, well, that IS spring in the Rockies! The latest storm we got was in '05, about 16 in of snow in June. I know!

This coming weekend we may do the bday stuff. Hubs worked all weekend, then kiddo & I wasn't able to go anywhere because hubs truck broke down last week so he needed to use my car to get to work. So hopefully this weekend we can have some fun.

Harley I hope we can hear back from you soon! I'm getting a bit worried about you...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  10:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm back. Had an absolutely wonderful time to the tune of 2#!!! I'm back on track. Drank wine. Ate steak, potatoes, garlic bread AND ice cream. More than once too.

Shopped. Laughed. Slept in until almost 8, and that is extremely late for me. Talked. Gossiped. Oh, it was wonderful.

AND by the time we arrived in Osage Beach I had an infection where he pulled the teeth. I just knew that was coming. My gums kept swelling and I could see the infection. So I called my DDS and he called a local Walgreens with a script. Doing better now. Fun, huh?

I'm really behind at work now that I was off several days, including the tooth pulling day! So I have to get busy.

harley, I agree with jenjs. I'm really getting worried. You don't have to write anything except 'I'm OK.'

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  08:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope this morning finds you without snow. It's pretty here this AM. We've had rain, so much rain. However, we needed it too.

I watched Biggest Loser last night. It is just amazing how contestants who come to the ranch so obese and unfit end up losing lots and lots of weight and can run marathons. It gives me hope. I have to push myself, just like they do.

Have a great Wednesday. Harley??? Where are you? Are you OK?
!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  11:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your weekend sounds like fun! I wouldn't worry about the 2#, definitely. I haven't been able to weigh myself in over a month, my scales are packed away :(. And I know I've gained way too much since moving. I know I've gotten waaaay overboard since moving. Lousy excuse too huh.

We have no snow, but lots of wind & more storms supposedly coming thru the next few days. A lot of green coming up tho, it is getting nicer.

Today kiddo is 13!! Yikes, I can remember the day almost to the minute...isn't it funny how we do? Wish he wouldn't have grown up so fast. I like em tiny for a long time. He'll be taller than me by end of summer, he's almost there already.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday....harley too. Hopefully soon we'll hear from her..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  12:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just returned to work today. I've been home sick since the afternoon of the 28th. It's been unbelievable. I went from a pulled tooth, to infection in that tooth, to being put on antibiotics. Got sick on the 28th while on the antibiotics and I'm just now returning to work. I'm not sure what hit - flu?? Possible. I went to bed at 3 PM and stayed there until Thursday AM. Slept off and on the next 2 days. No energy. Achy. No appetite at all. I've lost 7#. Bad way to do that. Then the gout hit - we are talking and extreme, accute onset. Wow! I couldn't even walk. BUT I'm OK now and I'm going to do some real studying on what to avoid and what's good for me, etc., etc. I'll get it worked out. That weekend I was gone I ate steak 3 days! Bad move. Didn't realize it. Had to get a prednizone pak and additional pain meds for the gout.

Hope everyone else is OK. Hope spring arrived for you jenjs. harley? Where are you?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Holy cow beb...what a time! Sounds like either the flu, or maybe some food poisoning. Yuk, I do feel for you & I agree, what a way to lose the #s huh. Cutting out the eating definitely makes you lose..not good but it does the trick.

Sometimes all that type of stuff makes the gout flare up, other meds kinda work against it. No matter what, I hope that you are doing better.

We still have been getting snow off & on for the past week, still dreary & cold & wet. Can't do any outside stuff of course which is a bummer. Doesn't do well if one is down in the dumps anyways!

We'd tried to go out of town last weekend & all the motels in town were booked! We couldn't do anything because it was after 10 before we got into town, so we had to turn around & come home. We're going to try again this weekend, maybe, hopefully. It's supposed to be yucky still all weeekend.

I went in for a mammo, should have results in a couple weeks. They have to get the results from one I had in Wyo before they let me know what this one says. I'm supposed to get one every yr since both mom & sis have had breast cancer.

Beb I hope that you're starting to feel better! And hopefully harley comes around here soon..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  10:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Definitely not food poisoning. There was no vomiting. Cold all over. Ached. Sick, disgusting taste - I know it was that stupid uric acid and all the other crap that comes with gout. What a nightmare.

What's the decision on your husband's job? Will you be staying there or moving back home?

Still having snow. I'm sure sorry for you there. I'd hate that. I love it that it's over. The house is all opened up this AM. I think it might get more humid during the day though. But we can close it up. Terrible storms and tornado warnings last weekend - all weekend. This weekend the prediction is for a nice weekend, and back to storms/rain during the week. If I'm at work, what difference does it make.

Yesterday sure wore me out, but it felt good to be back. I'll take it easy all weekend.

Hope things improve in your life, jenjs. Good luck on the mammo results1

harley, harley, harley . . . come in for a minute and say 'hi' and let us know you're OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  09:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nope, we stay put. Oh well! Hopefully soon we'll have found a place & we'll be going full force. Soon I do hope!!

For the past couple days we've at least gotten past 40...that's a plus! By Fri they say to be in the 70s, we'll see about that. I'll believe it when I see it.

Beb I hope your weekend was better for you. And have a good Mom's Day! Mine was like a normal day, nothin really special. I did get some flowers from youngest, which I thought was sweet. He went to the florist & picked out what he wanted & all. I was a little down yesterday...thought about not having Mom here & the baby. Today is better.

Monday & a new week...hope it's good for everyone!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So you're staying put. That will be better for all of you once you have your own place. 2 families under one roof is difficult. There's no privacy. Nothing is yours. Tough. But it will happen.

It was a beautiful weekend here. I didn't do a lot at all. I wanted to relax, rest. I did some of that too. My daughter BBQ'd Saturday. She had to work yesterday the 3 - 11 shift. So we celebrated Saturday. One of her friends came over and brought her daughter. The little GD had fun. My GS's friends came over. I'll tell you. Those boys are a riot. They're all tall - range from 6' - 6' 5". They were in the backyard playing baseball with my GD's big play ball. Running, laughing, yucking it up, stopping for a hot dog. Good kids. They were good with the little ones too. My sis stopped by with her 2 yr old GS. So there were little ones out there and they included them. The problem was to keep those big guys remembering they have a lot of body to control. They're all arms and legs. Funny, but a fun time. My daughter sat out there with them until after dark, lit the tikki torches, and just talked. She's very involved in knowing my GS's friends. Thank goodness!

On with work now. I'm certainly behind. Hope it's a beautiful day for you, jenjs. I'm sure it was a rough day yesterday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sounds like you had a great day. Anything with a bunch of kids having a ball sounds like a great time to me.

By this weekend we're supposed to be 70 & then next week all 70s.....well, I'm not sure abut that! I'll believe that when I feel it & bask in the sunshine for sure.

Last weekend hubs went out with BIL & he ended up winning a raffle for a catered BBQ for up to 25 people! We plan on putting it to use for when we finally get our place done & have a bunch of folks over, have the BIL play with his band for some tunes & have a good time. I do hope it's soon!!! Sounds just like what I need.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use