New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  09:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, congratulations on the raffle win. That sounds great.

I agree. The kids all there having fun was terrific. My daughter was out there playing ball with them, and so was my little GD. The boys - although big and uncoordinated! - are great with the little ones. They're actually funny to watch. Then there's the deep, deep voices and laughter. They ate hot dogs, mac & cheese, drank tea, soda, cookies - just plain fun. My daughter loves all of that. She said it was the perfect Mother's Day for her. It was for me too. I didn't cook. I didn't touch a dish, and I felt good enough to eat and enjoy it.

Keep looking. You'll find the right place for your family and then let the celebrations begin. Sounds like fun. I'd love to come myself!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, ya know....you can make a trip over to the great North Dakota....not a lot to see obviously! But when we finally get there it should be a great time. Both you & harley are more than welcome. I do hope she's ok! Her knee should be back to par wouldn't you think?

For the past 2 days I've been on the tread twice a day plus doing the walking to stores or PO box & whatever. I'm starting to feel the midlife slug I think. Just feel like a brick! Course, hubs..as good a guy as he is....doesn't help asking if I've gained weight, what a brat. I know I have & I don't have my scales, they're packed away in storage somewhere, in the vast wasteland where I can't find it!! And I don't want to buy another one, geez, have 3 scales?? Course I could leave it here at sis' place. I better do that. This week then I'll pick one up when I have to do shopping. That way I can have a better feeling about how I can stay on track.

Well beb, I would assume you are feeling better these days? I would hope so. I would guess you'd lost that weight you gained on your trip with the gals then. What a way to do it tho! Sis is in Fla right now for some convention deal in Jacksonville, they used to live there. She talks about all the stuff they have & ugh. I'd love to have some, but at the same time I know that it messes you up big time. And she's supposed to really be watching what she eats. She has the I-don't-care-attitude & it could really be a big problem in the long run. Just wish she'd even kinda listen. Oh well.

It's Wednesday! Almost to the weekend....a sunny one too it sounds like finally..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am kind of worried about harley. Yes, I would think her knee would be up to par by now. Maybe she just got out of the habit of checking in. That's easy to do too, but I miss her posts about her critters, her flowers, work, etc.

You've done great with the walking. Guys aren't very sensitive as far as 'have you gained weight' or 'what are you so upset about?' or 'why can't you get over it?' They just aren't. As you said, as good as he is, they don't have that sensitivity.

I'm feeling much, much better. I've lost a couple more pounds too. I am eating though and I'm eating healthy. I've done my research on gout and foods to avoid. My MD's nurse said red meat. My sister thought it was pork. I don't eat much pork at all. Red meat - in the form of a hamburger, yes. But the weekend I was out of town I had steak 3 times. I'll bet that was it. I can live without steak. Like it, but can live without it. I'm learning as I go.

Too bad your sis has the 'I don't care attitude.' Darn right it could come back to bite her in the end. But it's something we have to find out for ourselves.

Thursday. Almost TGIF day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  09:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is easy to forget to check in on this, tho I think we've done a good job in doing it wouldn't you say? I'd imagine she's getting pretty busy with planting & the animals & all that. Plus from the sounds of it, you've all had some nasty weather haven't you, lots of rain & storms & all that? I'm just guesstimating the weather stuff from what I've seen on the weather.

I should start doing some kind of weights, specially for my arms & shoulders. When I'd crashed on my bike a couple yrs ago it really messed up my shoulders, so if I did some weights with them maybe it could help a little. I can't sleep the way I used to & I hate that, it was the most comfy way I had & now since the shoulder is messed up I can't. Once hubs insurance switch kicks in I think I'll go to this gym here & do weights. They (gym) work with his ins company then on programs & stuff, so that's a good time to start.

Guys, as much as you love em, you just want to beat the crap out of them. It always seems to amaze me how insensitive they really can be! Sad thing is....they know it too.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  7:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OH so glad to see you guys still here!!!!!!!!!!!It's been really tough here knee did'nt go as good as I had hoped got really down and could not pull out of it.All I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and hide,and if I say so myself I did a pretty d--n good job of it!!I have finally went back to work even if I wish I was still at home.The flowers are in full bloom and all the birds a back.I have 2 new baby calves both little heifers so may try and keep them back for cows as they are out of some of my best stock.The peacocks are in full form tails waving in the breeze and calling half the night.Its been raining alot here and kind of cold.The roses are all in full bloom and seem to be enjoying the cool weather.All in all life is good again.

Hubs mother had a bad heartattack on the 6th but she is doing much better,he has been driving back and forth to the city all the time.Worry about his heart being able to take to much stress.My son sent over some blue catfish he had caught fried it up sure was good,been along time since I've had fresh fish.

Glad to see that both of you are doing fine have missed you.May not be able to check every night but will try and stay in touch.

Have a really great day and keep talking.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  09:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh harley girl!!! You have no idea how happy I am to finally hear from you!!!!! Sorry the knee didn't work out as well as you had hoped, but now you are up & around finally, yes? Must be to be back at work then. I'll bet you missed being at work, but yet rather would stay at home. I get that!! Right now I do miss being around other people & working, but I love being at home. I can't wait to be able to have our own place & then I can really go to town on it. Soon hopefully!

Yesterday we had our first full day of sun..finally. Had sooo much rain & snow off & on & then stays cloudy it just drove me nuts. I got the front lawn mowed, love that smell. Have to get kiddo out back to do his "doody duty" before I can get that done. Or maybe he'll do it. The plan tomorrow is for the guys to go fishin, don't know if I'll want to tag along or not. I'm debating that still.

Harley I am so glad to hear from you again!! Please keep in touch with us, we've missed you! Have a super weekend..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  10:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome back, harley. I'm so sorry to hear about your knee and that it got in a "funk." I'm so glad you pulled out of it. We're here for you. Just know that we thought of you each day. I'm so happy to hear from you.

Love hearing about the peacocks, the new calves, the roses . . . I love it. Jenjs and I needed to hear from you. It's OK if you can't check everyday. We miss days too. I missed the weekend. PC problems at home. I've got to do something with that darn thing.

Jenjs, glad you had a full day of sun. So your guys like to fish; huh. My daughter, grandson and even the little granddaughter love to fish. I never did get into that at all. They haven't been yet this year because of DD's work schedule. But once school's out I think they'll work it out. My bil and 2 of his buddies went fishing this weekend (Saturday) and caught 125 blue gil! I said, great. I'm coming to the fish fry. That's exactly what they'll do too. Actually that should be several fish fries.

It's wonderful to have you back with us, harley. Hang in there. Jenjs, things will get better for you too.

Oh, had another round of gout with this darn toe again this weekend. It wasn't bad and it's getting better already. I'm doing everything I know how to do. Drats!! Hate this.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  12:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry bout the gout coming on....and around a Monday too! What a way to start off the week, tho it's good that it isn't a bad one, or near as bad as you've had. I feel for you there, I've seen how it affects one, not good.

Harley I hope that you had a great weekend! It's getting close to time to be able to start planting here without a freeze hitting it right away. I can't do much here at sis' place, I told her I may do a few pots here & there, give a little color on the decks. She hates doing that kind of thing! I like to do it now & then, I couldn't do it for a "have to" kind of deal. I'll be getting some tomato plants here real quick!

The guys didn't have any luck in fishing, tho they love the spots they found. Not all out in the open, some shade. Hubs was pretty impressed on the whole layout of the lake & how the license wasn't outrageous for being an out-of-state for now, they get pretty pricy in Wyo for the poor out-of-staters.

Hope all have a great Monday, or as good as it gets anyways...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  09:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tomato plants. Sounds great. My brother has his planted. He shares. So I don't plant any. One of the neighbors plants cucumbers too and shares. I love homegrown cucs! Delicious. Wash them, peel them, and eat it like a pickle. Can't wait. I love the cucumber, onion, tomato, pepper salad too with V&O. Oh, I can't wait.

I bought a gas grill this past weekend. Found one on sale and grabbed it. So I want to do some grilling this weekend. I've never grilled fruit and plan to try that this summer too, i.e. pineapple, mango, peaches. It all sounds good to me. Fix the whole meal outside.

I think your sister will be happy when she somes color around the house. Perks things up. I love the flowers and can't imagine not having any. I need to get some annuals this weekend.

Glad the guys found some nice fishing spots. They'll have a great summer fishing. Then you'll find your own place and have fish fries. Family, friends, good food, music. Sounds like a winner to me!

Have a Terrific Tuesday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  09:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a quick check in. I have to leave early today. So I'm working for just a few hours.

It's another gorgeous day here. Sunshine! Oh, what a difference it makes in my attitude. It's just wonderful. Of course, rain/storms return later tonight and through the next couple of days. Oh, well . . .

Did you watch Biggest Loser last night? They're down to the 'Final Four' and we now have to vote for one of 2 who are at the bottom of that Final Four. Next week is the finale.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It may be gorgeous where you are but its all rain for me the next 2 days they say it may rain.Had another new calf all red and another heifer.At this rate may not have any to sell if I keep all the heifers to replace older cows.

Start vacation on Monday not suppose to ride the Harley yet due to the knee incase I would have to stop and throw weight to it but I may get it out and just take a short ride around the home area.Miss the bike and the fresh air and wind.We have to work Sat. they put in the new line and are trying to get it up and going.German tecs still here.

Better get supper for the ole man.He thinks he needs to eat at a certain time and I don't think he needs to eat at all if I have to fix it tonight.Have a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  11:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, harley. It was beautiful yesterday. The rain returned during the night though and it's absolutely pouring out there right now. Same story for tomorrow and then the weekend looks pretty good, as well as hot!

So you have another new calf and heifer. Life is interesting at your home, harley. There's always new life. I think that's wonderful.

A vacation will be good for you. I hope it's a pretty week for you too. Be careful if you get that bike out. I'll bet you do miss it.

I just got here. Had a dental check-up/cleaning this AM. Did fine. That's always good. But now it's on to work . . . Have a good, wet day!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  10:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wet day here too.Suppose to be warm and pretty on Friday and maybe the weekend.Hope so everyone is sick of see the clouds.The new calves could use a few days of good ole sunshine.

My friend from work came into the plant to have lunch with me today.She may get to come back on the 19th she has been gone for over 9 months with the shoulder problem,miss her will be nice to have her back.Glad the dental check-up went well don't like going there anymore then I do to the Drs.

One of the girls at work is trying to get me to bring home a baby raccoon they found don't think my dogs would like that very much.Would not want my dogs sick from anything that it might carry and its a male on top of that which means it will get pretty nasty and mean as it gets older.Had one long time ago really cute and fun when little but not so much when they grow up.Think it will be best to pass on this deal.

Hope all have a nice weekend.Jenjs that goes for you too. All take care.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  5:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies!

Always glad to hear everyone is doing ok. I know how ya feel on the rain part, we're getting slammed today with it. We got back from Wy yesterday & we had downpours on the way there & on the way back, got to the point there was so much water on the roads we hydroplaned quite a bit, scary. Specially in a high big truck! I did not like it at all.

Ooooh, a raccoon! Those bugers can get rabies easy & poor pups would not like it at all. They just need to take him to the wild somewhere & let him loose. So how are the Germans workin out for ya this time? Is it the same bunch still or do new ones come around? That's interesting to me....do the systems come from Germany or something? Any reason why Germans do that stuff? I do know my guy is a big techno-computer freak & does a great deal of work on 'em, he's very mechanical, youngest is a lot like him in that aspect. He likes to tear things apart & see the workings & how they work, what makes em go & all that. I'm guessing he may like to do engineering, but he hates math. He has years yet to go.

Anyways, youngest is now officially adopted! It was such a nice thing to have finally done. Took waaaay too long in my book, but it's finished. If it weren't for the ex, we could have been done in February, way before we had to move. Idiot. Oh well, now we're done! We told him he could have 2 birthdays actually, he likes that idea of course.

After being out of town I feel sooo bloated from eating not so well, or too well if you look at it that way. I did get another scale, I had lost almost 3 # before leaving, which I'm sure I gained back ASAP. Gotta hit the grind again after the weekend, back on track. I hate when I don't do what I need to do. No one's fault but my own! But it all sure tasted good....

All enjoy the weekend!! Hope for sunshine..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  10:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey there.

Harley, I hope your friend did return to work. I remember when you told us she was going to be off for awhile. You missed her and I think it would be for you (her too) for her to return and work with you again. How long will the Germans be there?

Jenjs, congrats on the 3# loss and more importantly - on the adoption. I'm so happy for the 3 of you. That's great news. It's finally over. And I love the idea of 2 b-days!

I think I might dislike driving in the rain (hard rain) than I do ice/snow. It's horrible. Glad you had a safe trip.

It was a pretty weekend here, but boy was it humid. I won't complain. That's summer in the Midwest and I complained about the rain. So I have to suck it up now!

3 day weekend coming up. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great week my friends!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  6:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This last weekend we went out on the lake in the boat hubs found, finally, for him & youngest to go fishin. It was waaay too windy & choppy to really enjoy it tho. I'm surprised I didn't get myself sick either, which I used to do constantly! So cross fingers this upcoming weekend is decent & we can really enjoy the boat!

I didn't gain back the 3#, but I did some of it, but now I'm back on track. I did get on the tread today. It'll be harder now since sis' oldest is now living here again, new living arrangements, again, so I won't be able to use it as often as I'd like to. Those boys like to sleep all day ya know!

I did get my results back on the mammo, all good. Hope you both get them also to stay on top of that. I'll be doing it yearly now for sure.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to do humidity well. I'm not fond of feeling wet after drying off from a bath/shower, so I know I'd hate summers like that. Unless there's a good hard wind to make it cool down nice. That's one thing I always have had where we've lived, low humidity. Would be a good thing in winter tho, not quite so dry. To me it feels more humid here in North Dakota, but I have no idea.

Hope everyone's week goes well!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  7:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Germans boys will be here for 2 more weeks,longer if they don't get the machine running better then it is now.Glad I'm not there this week my boss pretty upset with them when they can't fix something and they come and get me to go look at it.I'v worked on this kind of machine for 8 years now and the kid they sent has worked on them for 2 years most of the time the machines he workes on are cutting meats not soft american cheese so everything runs different then he is use to.Feel sorry for him some of the time.

My son and mother went with me to pick up new flowers for a new flower bed.Son had built a new one too he took 3 times longer to pick out his flowers then I did but we all had alot of fun been awhile since we have all went to do something together just for fun.He is so proud of his flowers nice to see him like something again.I got him 4 different color Lily Trees I have 6 different color ones so guess will try and find him the other 2 colors.Got my mom 5 for her birthday.Hope they all do good.

Better get dogs barking at something or someone outside.Take care

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  1:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to have heard from ya harley! How've you been doin lately with the knee?

We have rain again today & yesterday was soooo nice finally. And this weekend is supposed to be in the 40s & 50s....gimme a break. I am soooo tired of this cool weather I want to barf! Gimme some sunshine for a little bit anyways. Barely have enough of it to mow the lawn! Would be nice if it was decent this weekend so we could go use the boat. Hopefully soon it will finally decide to be summer....

Almost to the weekend guys!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  1:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This week has flown by!

So happy to see that both of you have been in. Harley, glad you're off and enjoying yourself with family and flowers. What a great way to spend some time! I plan to pick some annuals up this weekend and plant them in some pretty pots around the yard.

The old gout rared it's ugly head again. Called and I'm back on some good meds. Darn! I was told that this is probably a 'carryover' from the round earlier this month. It sometimes actually takes up to 2 months to work its way through the system. Ugh.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  9:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Got the bike out went for rides the last 2 days,can tell it in my knee seems to do pretty good till I have to put the kickstand down then somehow in the way I turn my knee really pulls on one of the tendons,but sure was nice to get out and about on it.

Found one of the peahens nest in the back garden just off the deck.It will be easy to keep a check on her and not so many things to try and catch her when she goes to setting.

Sorry to hear the gout came back maybe meds will finally get rid of it this time.Hope all had a nice Holiday store was busy thats always good.Take care have a good work week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use