New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Finally got some good news yesterday! The end of the estate crap may be soon & we were accepted for a loan on a house yesterday!! So when the estate is all finished we can pick our house & have it brought in. I'm hoping by my bday (early July) it'll be finished & we'll be in our brand new house! I can't wait!! This weekend sis & I will probably go to Bismarck to look around at the houses & maybe find a pick I like & kinda start things going along anyways.

Have a lot of work to do on the lot still tho. Kiddo & I went & mowed the lot yesterday, that sucker was loooong! Took 2 1/2 hrs to do it all & it isn't a big lot either, like 50' x 120'. The house will take up over half of it so there won't be much of a yard after we're done. But oh well, we do have grass started anyways & 2 great pine trees. That's why we bought the lot, since it had grown trees on it. Less landscaping we have to do then!

Hope you both are doing well....beb, how's the gout? Are you ok??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  12:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning! The weekend sure went fast. Then yesterday flew by.

Jenjs, that's wonderful news. I'm happy for you and your family. Now is the exciting time. I agree. Get things going now, look, see what you like, pick something out. You may get things moving very quickly with a letter regarding the estate. You just never know.

2 1/2 hours of mowing. Yuck! Was it hot? It's been humid here.

I woke up at 3 AM last night to hail! No kidding. I didn't get up, too lazy. But I know if I had gotten up and looked outside I would have seen hail everywhere. It came down for a couple of minutes. Then it switched to heavy, very heavy rain.

The gout has improved. I called the pharmacy last week and made sure it was OK to go back on a medication that was prescribed earlier this month. Called my MD's office, but he was closed that particular day - or he wasn't in. I guess the weeks he works Saturdays he takes a day off during the week. However, I got the information I needed. Started back on the script from earlier in the month - and I'm better. I also found out from talking to a friend that when you have a severe attack it can take 6 - 8 weeks to "fully recover" from that attack. At least he said that's what happened to him. I figure I've got another month then. But I'm working on eliminating certain foods, drinking a lot of water, elevating the feet, etc.

Got to get busy.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  9:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
House hunting what fun Got to go with my mom when she was looking it was so much fun to see all the different ways they had them fixed up.Hope you find something that you really like.

We had rain today early then hail and rain about 7 tonight still looks like we may get more.One min. its so hot you can't breath then the wind starts to blow and it get really cool.Dogs can't make up there minds if they want to go out or stay in they are worse then 2 little kids and I guess I treet them like they are 2 little kids.

Hope all are fine and stay safe.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  11:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm so glad to be hearing from you harley! It's nice that you're able to check in on us again!

Tonight we're actually looking at a house that we're both swinging towards. But how we'd have to place it & all on the lot is what we wonder. Oh well! As long as we have a place that's all I care!!! Sis & I are going to Bismarck after she gets off tomorrow & be back on Saturday. Should be fun!

I'm totally mad at myself. I'd gotten a scale finally a couple weeks ago & I've gained 10 lbs since we moved here. Totally disgusted! I have been able to lose 3# so far, been moving around a lot w/the mowing & walking. I'm not eating like I was, ie being bored & probably depressed a bit. But I really have to watch myself anymore! Today is a perfect day for the tread, it's raining again of course. Go figure. Kiddo is sick, last night he had one of his headaches so he's sleeping today. That's the first one since we've been here which is good. I don't want him to be getting them more than normal.

Anyhoo, I need to stay on this track of doing better for me. I hate that I did that to myself! I would absolutley love to be able to lose 20#, yeah right. If I can get the 10 back off will be a miracle. Maybe now that things are finally moving along I'll get back in a mode where I'll be better for myself.

Good luck on the gout beb! It's a tough one to get a hold of it really is. Dad had such a hard time with it because he had a lousy diet, plus the fact he was diabetic & no one knew. How dumb, that still makes me mad. I don't know how many times I'd asked if he was tested for it. Us regular people are so dumb you know. That really gets my goat!

It's raining again! Holy crap, I would love to see a full day of sunshine & some warm temps. It's been hit & miss for weeks already. Been lucky we've been able to even mow. Getting to where it needs to be done twice a week with all the rain. How can we if it's always raining??!

One more day to the weekend! Hope everyone has had a good short week & that the "first weekend of summer" was fun. Sure. What summer?? Watch, in a couple weeks I'll be praying for the fall & cool temps, never fails! Go figure?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  12:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good to see your postings. It's pretty here today, but storms predicted for tonight, tomorrow & Wednesday. Fun.

Harley, the dogs - funny. When I'm home Tucker follows me everywhere. He must think I'm his mom! Kind of funny. Follows me into the bedroom to change my clothes, sleeps on the rug by my bed . . . But his real problem is that my grandson is gone right now visiting his dad. Tucker is lost! He usually goes upstairs with Joe and 'hangs out' with him. He's the alpha in this household.

I hope you find something that will make you both happy soon, Jenjs. Househunting. It can be fun and it can be a stresser. Don't let it be a stresser. Enjoy it!

Hope your son feels better. My daughter has been getting migraines. Makes me wonder if it's something blooming. We have an awful lot of cottonwood blowing around.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  10:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We got a major downpour last night & a lot of lightning too. Probably good it didn't last for long. Tomorrow is lawn cutting day, today maybe too for the lot. Depends on how wet it all is still! It was gorgeous all weeekend, went out on the boat, got quite a bit of sun too. My shoulders feel it big time! I know, I hear it all the time, put more sunscreen on. We lived in the sun all day when we were young & never had any worries. Sometimes I don't get it. That's like how the overuse of antibacterial soaps. If we keep using all that stuff, sick as a dog we'll all be. How can anyone build immunities if we try to kill em all??

Later this week we meet on a place & maybe pick out the cabinets & all that. Hubs is the deal maker, he's good at that kind of thing, way more than me! But soon we hope to be all finished with this estate stuff & that's the thing that bugs us the most. Soooooo...if y'all have a will & all that drawn up, do a trust for it. Been told then that none of this has to happen. No courts & all the baloney. That's the next thing we do!

Kiddo is ok. Not one thing seems to trigger his headaches. They come on hard & fast, it's irritating not knowing how to go around them. At first I thought it was processed foods, but after I curbed that he would still get them. Soon I hope he outgrows them.

Dogs are so funny! Our bulldog has no tail, so when he's all excited his whole butt wags, so we call him buttwagger.....and he comes! That's his nickname & he always comes a runnin now. They can be so funny. But also smart, our other dog always knows when we want him in for the night, so he stalls. They know what's goin on!

Hope all have a great week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  9:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really bad storm outside right now may lose the signal anytime so will be quick.Went to a sale Sat. and came home with 21 little chickens 4 of them are called Seramas the worlds smallest chickens.2 roosters and 2 hen have gotten 4 eggs from them about the size of a nickle.The roosters are such a hoot they strut around and try and crow like the big boys but just don't sound the same.Got a pair of Dorkings and a pair of silkies the little hen will set on your hand and let you pack her around.The rest of them I'm not sure what they are but they were kinda pretty.

Had another new little bull calf have 4 cows that should calf within the next day to a week have to check on them before work thank goodness for 4 wheelers.

Had to get 2 new tires for the Harley mine were getting pretty bald.Ole man did'nt want me going to far on the old ones so to shut him up I bought new ones.Cost more for them then it did for the car.

lots of flowers in bloom the lilys smell so strong that you can't stand to stay in the back garden for to long.The peahen has 5 eggs and has finally started to set so if all goes well will have a few more to make the neighbors cringe.Better get rainning lots harder may have to make a trip to the basement at this rate.Take care all.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  10:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, this is such an exciting time for you. Glad one of you is good at the deal making/bargaining. I definitely have a trust. I wouldn't know or think about it if I didn't work for an attorney. When I bought my house, he told me - don't put that house in your name. Put it in the name of the trust. You're the trustee. That won't tie anything up if something happens to you. Your kids can then deal with it. Keep it and pay for it. Sell it and divide the money - however we have it written in the will. But do not put it in your name. Then it goes to probate and it could sit there forever and cost money, money, money. You work too hard for that. So that's exactly how my home is titled - in my trust. But these are things you don't know if you don't have someone telling you - or at least I sure wouldn't know it.

Glad your son's feeling better. Who knows what triggers those migraines though. There's suppose to be something that is topical, some cream or something, for migraines that you rub on your temples or something. Wish I could remember. My daughter hasn't used it, but someone else told me about it. She has one of those cold paks in the freezer. Gets it out and I know - oh, boy, headache again. Stress. Different foods. Weather. Who knows for sure.

Harley, just looked up Serama chickens. How pretty! You have an interesting life with all of your critters. Looked up Dorkings too - love that white/black look. Beautiful. But I must say the silkies are gorgeous! Jenjs, you've got to Google 'silkies' and see them. Of course, that's assuming you don't already know what they look like. Love all that feathery fluff.

You're going to have a lot of cows at your place, harley. Sure keeps you and hubby busy.

I have Rose of Sharon and honeysuckle blooming all over. Love them. I love the lilies too. So pretty. I think my favorite is daisies though. They just make me smile! They look like 'happy flowers.' I guess I'm nuts!

Have a great day

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would have never really known about a trust if our atty hadn't old us of it either. My aunt had said something years ago that they had one also, she had worked for an atty too! I do think that the attys don't really say much about them, then they wouldn't get their money for doing the probate. But, if you are known to them & have had to go thru this probate jazz, they speak up on it. Whatever! All I know is that we will be getting it done. The only thing is we probably will have the place before we have the trust done, so we'll have to go back & have the names changed on it. I soooo wish Dad had done a trust! But he was never told of it either, or his brother for that matter. His probate went on for almost 2 yrs!

It's raining again! Yesterday was all sunshine tho, it was nice to have. Was able to mow the yards then. And it was still a little wet then! We're supposed to be getting hit again tonight & tomorrow. Oh well.

My favorites are lilacs, I'll be planting some of those for sure! And I've seen all kinds of ferns in yards everywhere, so I'll try that too. We could never get away with ferns in Wyo, that's why it's hard for me to understand how they have them here in ND. It gets colder here, yet they spring right back up, just don't get it! I would always plant a lilly from Easter too & have tons of them all over the yard. I miss doing all that! Next year I can really get into it..

Tomorrow hubs & I go to the dr for script refills & to get me checked on my cough. Had it for weeks now & doesn't seem to want to go away. For the most part it's a dry cough, but in spurts I get to coughing up some stuff. Who knows, I've been thru this crap before & it's nothing. Hubs gets paranoid!

Almost Friday!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's windy here this AM. I believe we'll have storms before the day is over. Tomorrow the heat index will be 100+. Life in the Midwest. Right, harley?

I like lilacs too. As far as favorites, I love the daisies (as I said), lavender, cone flowers - kind of 'simple flowers' as I see them. They're not really 'showy.' They make nice flowers to cut and bring in the house too.

Glad your husband is getting you to the MD, jenjs. You should have that cough checked out and get something for it. Why let it linger? If it isn't getting better, then you need to go. Could even allergies of some sort. Who knows.

Harley, any new critters around your place?

Have a great weekend, ladies. Talk to you on Monday. I have got to remember to bring my PC in to work for my friend's son to work on.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  3:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Short note...oldest son may end up getting snow!! There's a system going thru Wyo right now & it can dump up to 12 in of snow in some places, this isn't even including the Tetons, where ya may think it'd snow this time of year! It's right smack dab in the middle of the state. Just when he thought it was summer.....so much for that! That's waaaay late for snow, specially for so much of it.

Yesterday hubs & I picked out our stuff for the house, so now all we have to do is get the lot all ready & wait for the house!! Whoo-hooo!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  10:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snow in June. Now that's unbelievable. I absolutely cannot imagine it. In the mountains, sure - and that's even kinda hard for me since I don't live near mts. But in the middle of the state - what a hoot! For me anyway, not for your son.

Glad you're moving right along with the house. Things are looking up for you and your family. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy it!!

It was a hot weekend here. It's still hot, as far as I'm concerned. No way we'd have snow. My daughter grilled chicken breasts for dinner last night. They were absolutely delicious. She marianted them in a garlic & herb dressing. Just fantastic. I want to do that again. I cut up some peppers and onions, marinated them in dressing, and she grilled them too (in foil). Made a crockpot full of green beans and I'll them for lunch/supper all week. I'm sure working on living this healthier lifestyle. Found an article in Sunday's newspaper on gout and one on this guy who lost 157# in a year. Can you believe it? That's a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time if you ask me.

Better get to work. Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, you would never expect snow so late. But then again, years ago when the folks had moved to Cody, they said it snowed one July 4th...I sure don't remember that but it wouldn't be a huge surprise!

We're starting to get some sunshine & warm weather finally. Tomorrow is supposed to get to about 80, nice. We've been sitting in the backyard on the deck at night, it gets so nice & cool then. But monsters of mosquitoes around here!

I did read about the gout in the Parade magazine this weekend. No surprise it hits men more than women. Do you have some arthritis usually beb?

How's it goin harley? All have a great week...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  11:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snow on the 4th of July - and we sit here and melt. I'd prefer melting. Snow on the 4th is just a bid too much.

Stormy here. I've been w/o Internet here at work for a day and a half. Finally up and running today. Our MIS guy had to come and do some work, buy a new modem. Sheesh. What a mess! I'm still weeding through emails, work questions, answers, requests . . .

Yes, I do have arthritis. I broke my ankle twice in the same place, and with age - yep, arthritis. It's also in my knees. But the water walking helps all of that tremendously. The gout is improving. I'm certainly watching the old diet too and not eating a lot of meats.

Hey, harley, how are all your little critters doing? Did you friend return to work? I hope so. That will certainly perk up your days.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  4:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today is a bit of an off day. Today is mom's birthday, so it's a hard day. I've been having dreams with her the past few nights too, it's dreams like I'm still taking care of her & deciding we need to get her bath, that type of thing. She's ok in the dreams, not even really sick, just needing some help & someone there. Maybe it's a way of letting me know in some way that she's ok? I can still see a shirt that I had picked out for her to wear after a bath....weird huh? Plus it's raining off & on too, so not the best of days.

I'm glad the water walking helps ya! Maybe I should try that for my knee too, may help it get a little stronger then, who knows.

Isn't it funny how we end up more addicted to the computers than we thought? For years I didn't have one & now I feel lost if I'm not able to check my emails & stuff. What did we ever do before that & cell phones for cripes sake?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  11:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry you had an off day. I do understand though. I'll bet it is a sign to let you know that she's just fine and appreciates all the help you gave her.

I'm sure water walking would help. It's so forgiving because there's no weight involved, but yet the water is a force to work against. I just love it.

I'm lost at work without a computer. I have everything in there and need Internet to access it - payroll, insurance, etc. Yes, I'm addicted!

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The past 3 days have been just gorgeous here finally! We had sis' in laws over yesterday for fathers day & did a big BBQ with all kinds of goodies for the dads, it was fun. There was 11 of us I want to say, something like that. Sis said this is the first time since they've been back here that the folks have stayed longer than an hour! Isn't that funny? They were here for about 4 hrs yesterday! They were in shock (sis & hubs).

And as far as I can tell, it's supposed to be nice all week. Today is the first day of summer right?! I think there's only a slight chance of showers, or some severe storms later but who knows. We'll see.

I'm really having to put the foot down now. I feel like a total blob. Gained waaay too much weight & I'm not feeling right. Not doing the stuff I really need to be. I just need to stay on the right track, but the trick is....how to we keep ourselves on it? That's the part that messes me up! I have got to do better for me.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  11:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't lose any weight last week. BUT I took my measurements again yesterday. It's been 6 weeks since I last took them and I lost 2" in the hips. Yipeee!!!!!

You'll get back on track, jenjs. It's hard because you aren't in your own place yet. You have too much going on - so what's new as far as your life; huh??? It will happen. You'll be in your new home before long. Then things will fall into place for you and the lbs. will fall off.

You know what I think my friend. I think you have a very 'welcoming, friendly' way about you. That's why everyone stayed longer than usual. You enjoy entertaining, as you've posted in the past. Can't wait to have your own place to entertain. Maybe your sister's just a little more nervous and/or worried about things when she has guests. Some people are like that. Doesn't mean they don't want people to come. It's just that they're more uptight about it - worry too much about things being just so and don't sit back and relax, enjoy the day, the company. Good. Glad everyone had such a good time.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  10:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, I can't wait to get our own place. Then I will have a better control over things I do. Only a few more weeks hopefully.

Next week I think kiddo & I will go back to Wyo & see mom's new stone that finally got up for Memorial weekend. I wasn't able to go to the services for mom, so I really need to go there now, before the snow starts again (it will soon here, I feel it already!) & we have school. And I want to before we get really going on the house. It'll be a good thing. Plus I can go & see oldest too so that's a bonus.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  10:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snow soon. That seems so strange to me when we've had a heat index of 101. We're talking Sweat City here!

Had car trouble Monday morning. Wouldn't start. My daughter jumped it and fine. Dropped off granddaughter at daycare. Got in the car. Nothing again. Daughter came and jumped it again. Took it straight to the garage and came to work. It was a battery, of course. I had them do an oil change while they had it. To be honest, I hate cars and I don't even really like to drive that much. But I like freedom! So I have a car.

A friend and I are talking about a tour next year. She just went on one with another one this May to Germany. I told her I couldn't afford it at the time. Good thing I didn't plan on it. That was right when I had all the trouble with gout. Can you imagine?? But we're talking about Ireland next year in March. There's an 8-day tour for $1,000. That isn't too bad. Of course, I have to have air fare too, plus spending money. But I have time for that. If nothing else, I can buy a couple week's vacation. I have 7 weeks. I don't need to take off for 7 weeks. It'll work out. It's fun to think and plan anyway.

Going back to Wy. might be what you need right now, jenjs. It would be good to do that before bad weather hits and school begins. If you feel like you need to do it, then that's what you need to do. Plus, seeing your oldest son is definitely a bonus.

Have a great day. Can you believe it's almost the 4th??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use