New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  5:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oooh, I envy you, going to Ireland?! My dad's mom was from the Isle of Man, in between Ireland & England. I've always wanted to go there, see where she came from. I find it interesting....I was born on July 5th & their "independence day" is also the 5th. She never did mention that to me. I want to go when they have their celebrations for it, be a great birthday. Maybe for my 50th? Could actually start planning something like that right now, get things all set up & saved. But anyways, we even still have relatives there on the Isle, would be fun to meet some. Ooooh! That could really be something to look forward to! Thanks for the idea beb!!!!

I still want to go to Wyo, unfortunately hubs truck broke down, yet again, repairs done yet again. Expenses are really dwindling & how am I going to rig just the short jaunt? Plus I need to plan on us having the one vehicle. Always something I swear. I do have to make this trip tho, I do have to go & see where mom is. Plus I need some huggins from my kid!

Also, on long overseas trips like that....you need at least 2 to 2 1/2 weeks off total, give yourself time to recooperate. All that travel does ya in...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  10:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, no, truck problems again. You're right that it's always something.

That would be so much fun for you to go meet relatives. What a neat thing to do for your 50th. You can start putting just a little away now. It definitely adds up.

I certainly don't have a lot of money. I've been helping my daughter/her 2 kids for several years. It's hard for her on just her income - no child support. Long stories there. One doesn't work because mommy/daddy support him and he's 45 yrs old!! The other one cries poor mouth but has money for new wife. Attorneys cost money too. I told her she needs to consider checking into help with attorney's fees for this - or go straight to child support. There are orders out there!

Anyway, I figure I'll start saving right now. I 'usually' get a Christsmas bonus. Money's tight even at work right now with the economy. So I can't count on it this year. That bonus would pay for the trip. Then I'd only need to come up with airfare and spending money. It'll work out somehow. We're looking at March/April of next year. If all else fails, I'll take a couple weeks vacation pay. It would be worth it. I found another trip though that we're looking at: Budapest, Vienna & Prague. Wow! What we could see there. It's between Ireland and the Budapest one.

Have a great day. Oh, it's gorgeous here today. No humidity this morning. Storms around us. The heat returns this weekend. Yesterday the heat index here was 105.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Y'know, cars are more of a pain than they're worth. If we didn't need then to get to places things could be so much better!! But like you said, it's freedom. What a price.

I know how hard it is to get an ex to pay child support. I never got any. He was to pay over $20,000 in back support before he could contest the adoption. But he agreed to give up rights. So he ended up not having to pay anyways. I hate how lame men can be towards their own blood. I'm very lucky hubs is no where near that kind of person!

The weather here has been great! Had a good downpour last night for a few minutes. It isn't too humid here, it is a little more than Wyo but not by much. Mosquitoes are bad tho, I hate those bugers. Our lot has a lot of em, so we'll have to get some kind of stuff to be able to spray on the perimeter to keep em at bay. Kiddo gets eaten alive every year, gets some pretty good welts on some too. He must be some good eatin!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Monday once again. Sure rolls around fast. Next Monday will be great - a 3-day weekend is always nice.

Busy weekend. I had a painting meeting yesterday and then went to a graduation party. Nice. Next year I'll be hosting a party as my oldest grandson (the one who lives with me, as well as my daughter/his mom and the little one too)will graduate.

We had some storms last night. Didn't have a lot of rain, but we had plenty of lightening and thunder. I hate storms. As a child I was terrified. Still don't really like them and my sister thinks they're 'pretty.' She'll sit out on her front porch and watch them move in as long as she can. OK. Not for me.

Hope you both had a good weekend and have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  11:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Been actually having sunny weather lately! It's been nice too, but the heat is supposed to start up here tomorrow. But of course...on Saturday, it's only forcasted to get to 69, if that with rain. Nice for a long weekend right??

I used to be scared of storms also. I would freak out over tornadoes, which we never got where we were but nevertheless, when it got dark & scary, I would lose it. Now I'm not near as bad. I can handle storms. But night storms, I don't like those. They keep me up & I don't like it if something keeps me awake! I need my sleep, that's one thing I'm a bit anal about.

Harley, hope you can check in soon!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  12:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Beautiful morning here. Been a strange week. My home PC is in the shop. I just got a new one here at work and is it ever different! Looks different and is different. But it's 'pretty.' I'm still getting used to it.

No big plans for the 4th of July. Don't know what my daughter's schedule is from the 4th on for the next 2 weeks. Guess she'll get that schedule tonight when she goes in. They schedule the workers for a 2 week period. So you just never know. I know we'll BBQ, have fireworks and I'll swim either in the backyard or the gym. I also plan to get some walks in, even though the heat and humidity returns this weekend. I've got to do it.

Paid the deposit for the Prague/Vienna/Budapest trip yesterday. I'm excited. Somehow the money will be there. For one thing, I'm definitely cutting way back on extras. The kids have everything they need. No need to worry about them being neglected - that's for sure.

Been working very hard at staying on track as far as my eating goes. It's helping with my feet. What a relief. Gout is horrible.

Hope you're both doing OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  10:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope y'all have a great weekend! Hubs will probably have to work it of course, but no matter what, I make the homemade ice cream! Gotta make that, it's a family tradition.

I am sooo glad to hear the gout is kind of backing off for you beb. I know how badly that affects you! It is not a good thing. And I really think it happens more than people know.

Hope all have a fun & safe weekend! Try to stay cool...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  10:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back to work. It's so hard after 3 days and sleeping 'just a little bit longer.' Is it too much to ask to sleep until 6:30?? Can't do that on work mornings though. I like to linger over coffee. I've never been one to get right out of bed, dress and leave. I simply cannot do it.

It was a nice weekend. Perfect 4th of July weekend for most - hot and humid. No storms. Nothing. We grilled. Had fireworks. Played in the pool. My daughter worked, but I played in the pool! It was very nice. Now it's work time again.

Harley, whatcha doin? How are the critters? Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey, jenjs, how are the house plans coming along? The estate?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  11:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Was a nice weekend here, on Sat it was cloudy & a little cool, but Sun it was clear & got into the mid 70s was all, real nice. Great at the lake & just right for fireworks. Even a little nippy for the fireworks.

This week we get the lot evened out to have them put the pillars in & then we'll get the plumbing in next week & hopefully soon afterwards the house can be coming. We have to have the house on the lot by the 14th of August or we lose it & it goes back to the city.....so it's a real time crunch right now!! As for the estate, it's pretty much finished, just have to finalize the paperwork & all that jazz & it's finished, thank God. We've been working to finish out my uncle's estate at the time dad had passed away last yr so we were hit with all of this & now we can breathe. That part was hard, dad didn't do a lot of stuff to change things into his name, pretty much none of it so it was a buger to get that done all legal. Yuk!

I do hope harley is doin ok, I can only imagine that life for her there is pretty busy this time of year! Lots of stuff to do out on the farm with so many animals.

I have to get back on the right track, seriously. I'm really getting lazy & tired of getting bigger instead of lighter! It is so hard to have a big houseful of people & do things different than they do & not be sidetracked all the time. Bad excuse, but it does happen. The only thing I do right now that's good for me is have my V8 every day, sad huh! The weekend sure didn't help, making homemade ice cream out of whipping cream (yikes!) & all the picnic goodies, plus my bday yas yesterday. Sad sad story!! I'm still glad to have y'all here to vent to!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  09:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy b-day, jenjs. I hope it was a fun day for you.

Don't worry right now so much about weight loss. You have a lot going on. I think things will all work out once you're moved. I definitely understand the pitfalls of having several people to provide meals for. You can't shop and prepare separately very easily. I have that at home with my daughter and grandkids. The kids don't need to lose weight, but they definitely do need to eat healthy. But then there's my grandson's friends coming over, nieces/nephews who play with my granddaughter. While we don't have a whole lot of junk food, it is there. Plus it's expensive to (yes, another excuse I guess) to prepare 2 meals and/or prepare satisfying, filling meals for everyone that are not so expensive without having potatoes, pastas, rice. I've been trying but it sure isn't easy.

I lost the 3# last week that I gained the week before. My problem is that I haven't gotten back to exercising like I was prior to the gout attack. It's so easy to get out of the habit and so darn hard to get back in the habit. But I'm working on it. I have my pedometer on today. I tend to 'think' more about moving when I wear it. So I'm working on it. I want to lose weight BEFORE my trip next year. I have time to do that if I just work on it.

Glad things are going well with the home, land. So happy that the estate is now taken care of. That's a load off your mind. Time consuming, can be costly and frustrating. So you've got things moving in the right direction.

Yes, I'll bet harley's busy as can be. I sure wish she'd just pop in, say "HI guys. All is well." I'd feel better.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  11:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, the biggest part is having the "get up & do it" mentality of exercise! I walk everyday for the mail, but that's nothing. I need to do my twice a day walks on the tread, but I'm so lazy! Plus right now, excuse is, sis is having the one & only bathroom re-done, so I'm like babysitting the guy doing the work. Pathetic I know! I am sooo sad right now it isn't even funny! (sad pathetic meaning)

I am glad that things are finaly coming together, but it seems like it's a never ending thing. But yesterday they had us ok the adjustment on the living room we'd made, they've been waiting on that to finish the house, so they'll do that & maybe within a week the house will be ready for moving. That'd be super!! The lot should be done by late next week anyways, so after that they can come & place my house in. Cross fingers that it's soon!!!

Hubs had found his boat early this summer, now he's probably going to sell it again. I told him he needed to wait until we had all of our stuff done, house things, before he'd even bought it. Now, since we have extra things going on too, we need that $$ he'd spent for the boat. See, the guy just needs to listen the first time!!! But noooo, it's more important to get what they want first. Roar!! Can be so frustrating!!

Hope everyone has a great day! It's almost Friday tho....glad??!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  10:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know what you mean about exercise. I'm 'sad' right now too, but I'm sure working on it. Our library had a book fair this past weekend. I bought a book on tape for 50 cents. I'm a big spender! I have a stationary recumbant bike in the basement. I am going to force myself to get my buns down there and ride it. Only listen to that book when I'm working out on the bike. Between that, the gym, the pool in the backyard and actually walking - there is absolutely no excuse for me unless I'm sick or having another one of those dreaded gout attacks. Even the arthritis needs exercise. I was by myself Saturday and thought about going to the gym. Then I decided - no, just go out in the pool out there and work those legs. I did that for an hour and just loved it. It was wonderful. A full hour of constant moving those legs and it was great. I feel better about myself. Haven't lost this past week, but I can't focus on the scales either.

I've told you that my daughter/grandson (17)/granddaughter (4) live with me. Grandson has his set of drums that he got for Christmas in the basement. My granddaughter loves to dance. Just loves it. So my daughter mentioned painting the walls around the area where grandson's drums are - let him pick the color. His friends love it down there too - television, table, chairs - just a basement. Concrete block walls, concrete floor. But it's a place for them to mess around. So he'll fix up his own area and the friend with a guitar and grandson will have a ball. The other one plays around on the keyboard we have. So my daughter's idea is to go to another area/wall and paint it for granddaughter. Make her a 'dance studio.' Pretty girl color, hang a mirror so she can watch herself. I said - go for it. The basement is nice and big - full size. Might as well use it and paint is cheap. I wouldn't go to any other expense without waterproofing it first. I don't have a lot of problems with it leaking, but I won't sink money into it without waterproofing it first. Right now that isn't a priority.

Glad things are coming together for the house and that it's possible that it will arrive within a week. Wonderful news and I'm so happy for you and your family. Men. What can I say? They just won't admit that we know what we're talking about!

Enjoy your week and I hope you have a house by the end of the week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  5:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the weirdest thing happen today to me. I had to run some errands & I leaned over to open the glovebox for my CDs & I had the worst sharp pain go through my entire back. Couldn't breathe for a little bit & I still am so sore. It's like I did something to my ribs it's so bad. I just can't figure out what the heck I did!! It was so simple, just leaning over is all. Better go away soon, I don't like it one bit.

The lot is being leveled right now as I write & by the end of the week we should at least have the pillars in place. Tomorrow we should have the delivery date at least, I hope so.

It'll be so nice to have our place & I can finally get back on track. Today has given me a good scare...I remember mom having a lot of pains in her back, she was about 48ish & she'd ended up w/a heart attack & being flown for bypass surgery. It was a real scary time then, that's pretty young actually & that's when all of her crap started snowballing. This pain scares me, so I need to stay on top of myself for sure. I rather not go down that same road mom did.

That sounds like a good idea on the basement! Is there a bathroom down there too? That's a plus to have too, makes it easier for everyone. Wish sis had put in a bathroom in the basement first instead of re-doing her only bathroom!! Would have saved a lot of frustration there. Even with waterproofing the walls down there, you may think of having some drywall put up also, helps to insulate for winter....plus it'd soak up some of the drumming noises! Just a thought.

Hope everyone's Monday has been a better one than mine!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  10:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I sure hope you just stretched/bent the wrong way and pulled something. That's bad enough, but I agree - you don't want to go down the same path as your mom. If it doesn't get better I'd get to a doctor right away.

It's exciting news on your house. With all you've had on your mind you could very easily have pulled something in your back. Just moved wrong, without even realizing it. A week or so and you'll be in your own home.

No, I don't have a bathroom in the basement. It's tops on my 'wish list.' I'd love it. I have a nice big basement - but no bathroom down there. I hope that I will be able to do that in time too.

Storms here last night. Lots of thunder and lots of lightening, then came the rains. Today it's sunny and already humid.

Oh,harley, I sure wish we'd hear from you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, we need to hear a peep from harley! Hope that she is doing ok.

Today I'm pretty much back to normal. I sure have no idea what happened yesterday & I don't want it again either! I have a little soreness like right in the ribcage, under the breastbone (nice huh, the bra doesn't help that at all). Doesn't hurt to breathe like yesterday, that was the scary part. I really do think it was a wake up call for me.

I guess there was a huge storm come thru late last night, I thought I heard thunder. I took a sleeping pill, to try & sleep decent with how I was feeling & went to bed fairly early. Had to have hubs help me down the stairs, I easily could have fallen the med had took hold so fast. It was great to have a nice sleep!! But there was a tornado that had touched down not far from us tho, so it was a surprise to hear this morning. And I'd slept thru it! It's nice & sunny now & a cool breeze, just right. Only supposed to get to around 75 today, perfect.

I tell ya, those basement bathrooms are a lifesaver! If you end up with one, you'll wonder how you ever did without. Our old house had one in the basement & 2 upstairs & I miss every single one of them!!! The new place has 2, so we're very lucky. Only in a few weeks now!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  11:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a week! Busy as a one armed paper hanger.

Yes, harley, just let us know you're OK. That's all.

We had a storm Monday night too. Lots of noise. Lots of thunder/lightening/rain too. Now it's so hot. Heat index of 110. Unbearable.

Glad you're feeling better. Sure was scarey for you. Wonder what it was though. Be careful.

I'd love the bathroom in the basement. That's for sure. Right now it isn't in the cards due to expenses. We're talking thousands. I don't have it right now. Ah, but what a blessing it would be.

The weekend is here finally. I'm thrilled. Definitely plan on more water walking/exercises. I love it.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  11:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone's weekend was a good one!

Sis' bathroom is finally coming together. Hubs took last week off to help the idiot actually working on it. He's a work I tell you! Really crappy job, if hubs wasn't there to watch & help do stuff, we wouldn't be as far as it is right now! Pretty sad actually.

In 2 weeks we should have our house!! They still need to put up the pillars & get our plumbing in, they have to within the next week or it could be trouble. They actually were supposed to put them in last week, slackers.

Well, we will see how this week pans out won't we?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  3:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just now checking in. Decided to take a break (2:30 PM). The day will soon be over.

Started the day off with an emission test. Here in IL we are required to do that every 2 years. It isn't a big deal, but it takes time. Can't get the license plates renewed without it either. So I had no choice.

It's been horrible here. Friday it was 98 degrees with a heat index of 110. I honestly think Saturday was even worse. Got in the pool again and did some water exercises. I'll do them at home and when I can't do them at home I'll have my club membership. Of course, in the meantime it's an expense. But that's how it goes. I'd rather go in the backyard than get ready and leave. Guess I'm really lazy.

I've been working hard on journaling. Some days I'm better than others at making myself journal. I need to do that.

Glad the bathroom's coming along. Thank goodness your husband knows how to do things. And 2 weekis will go by quickly. You'll have your house. You've waited quite awhile for it. You 3 can celebrate. Enjoy.

Harley?? Where are you?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do hope we hear a peep soon from harley, I'm sure she's busy as all heck tho. It is a busy time of year.

I wish I had a pool in the backyard! I loved it when we had ours in CO. when we lived there. Huge backyard, apple trees & a cherry tree. I loved the yard! And mowing it, as weird as it may seem, I love to mow & I loved doing that yard because it was such a great workout, a good hr & 1/2 sometimes. If they came up with something that was like mowing, able to walk & use all those muscles, I'd get it. But in the mornings during summer before work I'd try to take a quick swim & then as soon as I got home. That was the only thing I liked about living there!

I don't know how y'all live with that humidity! I am so used to the dry air, the summers are easier to handle like that. Even here in ND it's more humid than in WY which makes not much sense to me but it is true.

We don't have those emission tests, I think that's more in the east than back here. Tho they do in Cal, so I guess it's where the big populations are. Never had to do that before.

The idiot still isn't finished with the bathroom & it should have been done last week actually, specially with hubs' help. Go figure. We think he's ADD, very much so. Very scattered for sure. Definitely won't be getting any kind of good references from here!

I'd be willing to bet when you're so busy that time seems to go fast doesn't it? Makes for a faster day then!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  09:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I used to mow my grass too. I enjoyed for the workout, as well as such a great feeling of accomplishment. When I finished - all hot and sweaty - I'd look at my yard and be so proud. They look so pretty when they're freshly cut and tended. I just can't do it anymore. My knees don't allow it. We have moles so bad too that it's easy to twist an ankle. My grandson gets it done in record time. I used to mow the front and sides. Stop and drink a jug of water (16 - 20 oz). Mow half of the back, do the same thing. Then finish it up. Fill bird feeders and bird baths. Water flowers. Then I'd weed another day. It got me outside too, which is good for everyone.

I hate the humidity. It's horrible. But this has been 'home' since my birth, with the exception of Norfolk VA when my husband was in the Navy. Would I move? If I could afford to retire I just might. I've considered it and planned on it, but I'd hate to leave the grandkids. That's the big issue with my moving now. I don't know what I'd do w/o them.

My brother loves CO. He loves to hunt and he and his family used to go there every year to snow ski. He's a carpenter and years ago he even checked into moving out there, working there. But he said the cost of living was so far out of his means for the areas he checked - for hunting and snow skiing - that he would never be able to do it.

It must be frustrting that the guy doesn't have the bathroom finished yet, even with help.

I sure am busy herre. Yes, you are so right. The days go fast because I'm busy. I couldn't stand to just sit around and look for work. But then I don't have that problem. They are talking about building new offices for us on the ground floor. One of my bosses(one of the owners of the corporation I work for) has Parkinsons. He can't use the steps and the elevators are really for freight. So they say we'll be moved to the ground floor. Right now we're on the 2nd floor. First, they have to build the offices - or remodel an area and make the offices. That's fine with me. I'll still have a lot of my files up here in these offices. So I'll still use the stairs and get some exercise that way. I never used the elevator myself.

Got to get moving.

We're thinking about you, harley.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use