New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  10:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This morning it actually feels decent out. No humidity . . . yet.

I was able to get to the gym for water exercises Fri/Sat/Sun. How wonderful. Felt great. I even took the granddaughter Sat/Sun. She loved it too. We've had such heavy rains with the storms that I didn't want to fight the pool cover by myself. My daughter had worked night shifts and so she was asleep by the time I was ready to get out and play in the water. So we went to the gym. It was a nice change for both of us.

I fixed egg plant Saturday. I really enjoy it and don't think about it often enough. Yesteday I made some chicken salad. Love the stuff. So tonight - leftovers!

Hope you're both doing well. Jenjs, I'll bet you're busy with that new home right now. Hope the bathroom finally got finished. Hey, harley, how's it going?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope all had a great weekend! We went to the ND state fair & the hubs & BIL went to see Kiss Sat night. It was hubs' first concert & he loved it, like a kid there. Now he wants to go & follow them all around. Umm, I kinda don't think so! But he had a great time. Sis & I went out for dinner while they were at the concert & during dinner it felt like I had something stuck in my throat, like it does sometimes when you take a pill & it gets stuck. Yesterday it was still there, today it feels like it's in my back now. Everyone thinks I just got my throat scratched when I swallowed something wrong. I'm not too sure on that. I hardly ate yesterday because it all felt like it wasn't going down, today so far it isn't too bad but I can tell that it'll be the same. I can feel it like expanding or something. Weird. If it's like that still this PM I'll go in & have it checked. I can just remember mom complaining about different pains & was told she'd pulled a muscle or something & it turned out she was having a heart attack, that lead to the bypass. I don't want the same thing is all.

Today I need to mow again, it's gotten way long. Last week we had a lot of rain & now it's getting summery again. My tomatoe plant has a lot of little ones on it finally! Funny how little things just tickle you huh!

Your brother must have been around Aspen or Steamboat Springs it sounds like. My older sis lives outside of Steamboat & it can be really pricey. Colorado in general is, not quite sure why tho. As a state they're not any better off than others so go figure.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  10:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, hope your throat is better today. I agree. I'd have it checked out.

The grass here is growing like crazy. Hot, humid, stormy. That's all it takes. It's also great for the mosquitoes! The city has a truck that comes and sprays often, but they're stubborn little buggers.

It was around Aspen. It's a pretty area from what I hear. I haven't been there. I was in Beaver Creek for my niece's wedding. Now that was gorgeous.

It's pretty here today. Not nearly has humid this morning - so far.

Glad you're getting some tomatoes. I love the veggies when they're homegrown.

Have a great day. Take care of that throat!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  4:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hard to tell just what was going on w/the throat, it seems ok now, but I get all kinds of heartburn from every little thing I eat now. It's really driving me nuts. Gotta be something all the time it seems like.

We have a truck that sprays 2 times a week. It isn't too bad, I hate them stinkers no matter what. I would like to know the twisted reason why God put them on this earth anyways. To have something annoy us besides the flies??!

Today & yesterday have been in the 70s, just right. On Mon I did the lawn & it was waaay too muggy & hot & that was fairly early in the AM. It took what seemed forever to finally cool down.

All of the pipes for the plumbing are being laid as we speak & perhaps as early as tomorrow night the house may be here in town!! Talk about cutting it short, hopefully by tonight all of the dirt will be covering the pipes & should be all set there. Now we just need for the gas & elect to come after the house is here to lay all of their stuff. They can't do anything before then. I'll be getting chills when I see the house finally!! We got all of the closing done today, so it's coming whether we're ready or not!

Last night there was a big free BBQ deal at the fairgrounds here in town, by all of the oil companies that work directly in town here. Tons, and I mean tons, of all you can eat free stuff, drinks too, freebie handouts of hats & keychains & cupholders & all that kind of stuff. Wow, I was impressed. They did a drawing for an old rifle too that hubs was hoping to get, but he didn't. Anyways, it was a big feast! For a town of about 1500 people, they figured there was close to about a 1000 there. Was a good night for it too, a nice breeze, cool, not any skeeters or anything. Even the flies were well behaved.

It's Wednesday anywaya, hope everyone has a great day. Harley, hope to hear from you soon!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  1:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thought I'd let y'all know that our house has come & it'll be set today! Now we need to get the elect & gas set up on the property & then we'll be good to go!! Hopefully by next week I can finally move into my house!!!

Hope y'all are doin ok!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You've been as busy as I have. My 'busy' has been here at work. Then I go home and collapse. The heat is absolutely unbearable and it just drains me. Yesterday the temperature was 102. No idea what the heat index was, but 'at least 110.' It's hard to breathe when you open the door. Just awful.

So glad you're about ready to move in. I'm happy and excited for you, jenjs. You've been waiting, and you've been working hard to get there. I'll bet hubby and son are happy too.

The BBQ sounds fantastic. If you had 1,000 there it was very impressive. Sounds like fun for everyone too, plus lots of good eats, and free ones at that. I think you'll have a nice home there for your family.

Besides the heat here I've just been busy at work. There's always something going on, and then new projects or emergencies arrive. Of course, it keeps me employed, busy and happy. I do love my job and the people I work for are terrific.

If it would cool down I'd like to get outside more. As it is, it's either the smaller pool in the backyard or the one at the gym. I've been getting to the gym for the 'big pool' as my granddaughter refers to it and getting in some good exercise there. I've been losing too - lost 3 more pounds. So I'm happy.

I've also been eating the heck out of the fresh veggies and fruits. That's the best part of this summer season.

I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off. I just feel like I need some time off. So I may not check in for a few days. Hope to return and find that you're in your new home.

Hey, harley!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  10:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies, Long time no see.Where do we start,been putting up hay for the winter.Cows have been calving had a new calf that did'nt suck about 3 weeks back got it up in the pens with its mom got alittle bit of milk down it around 8 pm that night.Got up at midnight thought if i don't get some more down it will be dead by morning so I fixed a bottle of replacement milk and off I went,had almost all the bottle down it when good ole mom decieded that she had enough of me messing with the calf hit me before I knew what happened hit the side of my head above the temple on a steel post knocked me out not sure how long I was out but when I came around knew I had to get out of the pen problem was everytime I moved the cow would hit me again,she got me 3 more times before I got crawled out to a safe place.Finally made it to the house got hubs awake had lots of cuts and more black and blue then I was white had 3 big goose eggs on my head hubby would not let me go to sleep he was really nice that night but oh my lord come morning he chewed me up and spit me out over and over again.I call the calf Bubba mom still don't like me but Bubba sure do'es.

We did 3 weeks of 12 to 14 hours a day on the machine I run.Sure am glad that is over.

On the 4th we got hit with a storm lost 12 great big trees 6 in the yard 6 in the pastures,one fell on the garage broke the rafters they fell on my car and put 3 dents in the roof of it,we lost 1 20 by 40 foot barn that the cows stay in. The roof is 1/4 of a mile from the house in the middle of the field.One big oak tree blocked the drive so we could'nt get out till we got it cut up.Sure was hot work getting things cleaned back up.

Have not forgotten you both just been so much to do.Was really glad to see you still here.Guess I have taken up enough space so will say goodbye for now.All take care and try to find a cool place to stay in.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  10:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!!! Oh, I'm so glad I took the time to check in. I've taken time off work. So I've been playing 'catch up' here.

First of all, my lands you're lucky you're still alive. I'm glad you were treated so gently to begin with, and I can even understand your hubby getting so upset with you. He was frightened and I guess he wanted to scare the daylights out of you too. 'IF this ever happens again,' don't go out there alone. I'm so thankful you're still with us - the living! I'm also thankful you've got your wits about you. Getting kicked like that, falling into a steel post, oh my gosh.

You've really been busy. Jenjs said 'she's really busy right now.' Little did she know just how busy - getting beat up by a momma cow, cutting up trees that were downed by a storm, work days of 12-14 hours per day. Add this horrendous heat to all of that - wow.

So I'm thankful this has had a 'happy ending' for you. I'll bet Bubba (and I love that name) does like you. Momma is just jealous.

So you can see that Jenjs is busy getting her new home in order. Isn't that wonderful news. I'm so happy for her. She's waited a long time. She's had problems recently too - with her throat/swallowing. She's better now.

All is OK here except I'm having car trouble again this AM. I hate car trouble, but I hate car payments even more. I don't want that. I think it's the fuel pump - at least that's what my friend told me. He's going to call me back soon. I think cars a real PIA.

I've been losing a little weight, total of 5# recently. Exercising more little by little, mainly water walking/exercises. I just love doing it.

Take care my friends. I'm so glad you checked in with us, harley!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  12:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all! harley I'm glad you didn't forget about us! I'm so sorry for all the crap you've been through, what a mess. You are very lucky indeed! I can see how hubs would be very upset, scary to think that one could lose the other, makes you think.

Been able to stop for a bit to check in, trying to get electric & gas all put in to the house & it's a royal pain in the tush! Still not able to get it hooked up until Friday & if they didn't have that day, we'd have to wait 3 to 4 weeks before anyone could come do it. What a crock! You would think they would be anxious to get new business & do whatever they need to get it done. With the oil boom going on around here it's way messed up. Tons of jobs, no places to live, few people to get things done!

Kudos for the 5#! Wish I could do that. Today is hubs bday, yesterday was a yr anniversary that dad had passed & I'm definitely not in a mood to watch out for anything I really do right now! Sad to say but true. I need to once we're HOME!

Hope all are well & trying to keep cool. It's been a major pain in the tush trying to work in the house w/no AC or fans or anything. Gets awful hot in there with no breezes to cool it off any. Yuk!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  10:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey, jenjs, you're soooooooooo close to having your home. Wonderful. I'll bet it does get hot in there. Just being there must make you feel better though.

Does your young one start school yet? They started here today. Early!

So darn hot. Up to 99 today, no idea what the heat index is.

Got my hair cut yesterday. That always is a relief and uplifting. I'm not one to primp with it. So it has to be a simple hairdo for me.

Got to get busy now. I have a lot of work sitting here. Just waiting. Guess I'll have to do it.

Glad to hear from both of you.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  1:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We got electric yesterday!!!! Whoo-hoo!! I went over to do a few things at the place & the truck was in the yard at the elect. pole & a guy was hooking it up to the meter, so we now have AC! I tell ya, you have no idea how much you depend on something until you aren't able to have it. No gas til tomorrow, unless there's another miracle & they randomly show again. We have a gas stove & furnace, we don't care about heat right now (yuk) but it'd be nice to be able to cook. Oh well, no matter what, we move in this weekend!!! At least we have hot water too, so we are set. Just gotta go grab everything now..

He starts school the 23rd. He started football practice yesterday, was pretty worn down last night. Hit the hay by 9, was asleep in no time. Gets up at 6:30 to go by 7:30 to practice. Plus he also did his mowing yesterday after practicing for almost 5 hrs! Long day for him, but he loved it.

I'd gotten my hair trimmed up the other day as well. It feels lighter than it was, which is nice right now. I do need to do a little coloring tho, maybe this weekend.

Hope everyone has a fairly good day today...it's almost Friday!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  11:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Let there be lights. Good for you. Cooking . . . you can always do that with a crockpot, hotplate and microwave. I agree. AC is a must. For sure you don't need heat. You'll have that by the time you need it. I'm happy for you.

Gosh, your son sure is a busy guy these days. I'll bet he was knocked out last night. It's good for him, and as you said he's happy. That's all that really matters. He's making new friends at his new school. Good for him.

Enjoy working on your new "home" and making it "home."

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  10:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We are now in the new digs! Everything is now up & running. Unpacked most of the stuff yesterday, still have to figure if I want stuff here or there or totally change my mind. More painting to do too. Still an ongoing battle on making it home, but it's a start!

I did lose 2# from last week, so that's a blessing! Haven't been able to sleep very well the past couple nights, over tired I think. Still have the mind working things out. But now I think I can stay on track better. I do much better when I keep myself constantly busy, moving, working. Yesterday I was always on the move & I didn't eat or sit until dinnertime & I felt super. Just a bit thirsty, should load up on water more. That'd be a good idea.

We had major fog this AM & it got into the 40s last night, so summer is pretty much finished here for this year. Every morning has been getting a wee bit nippy, but I hope the fall is a long one & not cut short by snow soon. Ugh! We still have to get out skirting up, it can't get that cold yet. Cripes!!

Hope everyone has a good Monday....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  10:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hurrah for you, jenjs. I'm happy that you're in your new home and that everything is up and running. Yahoo. Painting is a chore I hate, when you're talking paint walls. Oh, I dread that. I have some painting to do too but I'm delaying it until fall.

Congrats on the 2# loss. Yes, make sure you do get plenty of fluids. How's the swallowing/throat issue? OK now?

I'll bet your sleep is messed up due to your mind racing with everything that's been going on. You'll settle down once things are resolved with the home. How does your hubby and son like it there? I'll bet they're happy to have their own place too.

You talk about snow and I think - no way. It's August. For me I don't even have to worry about it yet, but yep - you sure could have it soon. I hope it holds off too. Got to get that skirting up. You need time to have a fall party too!

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  2:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, the other day the throat did that thing again but it went away. Not sure what it could be, but it was nothing like it was the 1st time.

Last night I slept a little better. Hubs has to work a few nights this week, so it does help me, strange as it may be....to sleep better when he isn't there. He's a waaay bad snorer & it drives me nuts. Still not used to it. He likes to snuggle up while sleeping & that's just not me! I need my room & space for a good sleep. Younger sis is the same way, she's lucky....they have a king & she puts one of those body pillows between 'em. Funny! I hate not getting my sleep tho. That is my biggest need I have.

All have a great day!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You know I think I'd have that throat issue checked. Please don't ignore it.

Poor hubby. But I'd have a hard time with a heavy duty snorer too. I think it would be too hot with someone cuddled up right next to me too. And I definitely know what you mean about not getting a good night's sleep. I can even go on fewer hours if I have a good, sound sleep.

It's been wonderful here the past few days. The humidity has lightened up. Thank goodness. it isn't over yet, but the longest period of summer is definitely behind us. The locusts are so loud right now. it's telling me that fall is just around the corner.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The past few days have been odd in weather here. Yesterday was very hazy, today is cloudy & it may be close to 65 or something like that. In the mornings I have to put on my robe it's that cool! I sleep with the windows open, I like that air breezing through. After being in the basement for 6 mos that air is like gold! Our windows don't have much for blocking the sun out tho, I need to get it a little darker so I can sleep a little longer so I don't wake up at the crack of dawn. Not fond of being up by 5 AM just because the sun is!

I will probably go soon to have the throat checked out. Today it seems like something is stuck again, it's just weird. More annoying than anything but there is a little pressure it feels like too.

One more day til Friday already! Kiddo starts school on Monday, not really thrilled on that one! (he's not!)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  09:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's been really hectic here. Lots of work. That's good, but I haven't had a chance to check in.

Have you had the throat checked out yet? It isn't good that it keeps returning. Something isn't right. Glad you decided to go to the MD.

How was your son's first day of school? I hope he's happy in his new school. Makes life a lot easier when the kids are happy with school. Plus, they will do well if they're happy.

I love the fresh air, open windows also. It's just been too hot to do that at all this summer. It is beginning to cool off in the evening/early morning. However, it still warms up in the afternoon. So it isn't really cost effective for me to shut off the AC. I'm waiting for those days though. Love to smell the fresh air and hear the breeze, birds, and whatever critter happens by the window during the night. As long as it isn't human, I'm a happy camper.

Hope all is going well with you too, harley.

Take care of yourself, jenjs.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  12:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The first day went well & he's liking it so far this year. Cross fingers.....I'm hoping that with his playing football that it helps with the school. He's made a few more friends since practice started so that's always a plus.

I still need to make an appt to get checked out. I've been sidetracked on unpacking & hubs is having to work night shift so I'm limited on what I can & can't do during the day noise-wise while he sleeps. And he's having a rough time at work, down to 1 truck & problems w/boss & all that kind of good stuff. I'm hoping soon he gets a job here in town where he doesn't have to drive 45 mi back & forth, specially during winter. After driving all day the last thing he wants to do it drive all that way home.

It has been downright cool at night, into the 40s if you can imagine! I've had to close a few windows during the night. I tried out the heat (gasp!) this AM to see how well it works & man, with all the building stuff in it, it smelled to high heaven. Next time I'll have to keep the windows open to let the smell out first & then close it up. It made the fire alarms go off!! But fall is here, tho it's supposed to get 90 tomorrow.

Hope harley checks in still time to time. With fall on the way I'm sure she's gearing up for that now....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  10:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a busy week. Had a meeting yesterday from 9 - 11:30. I am definitely not a 'meeting' person, but it was for our group medical plan. I'm the administrator. So that was my morning.

Glad your son is getting into football, making friends and school. A definite plus for a happy school year.

I hope your husband gets a different job soon, closer to home. Didn't realize he had to drive 45 miles. How awful is right once winter hits.

I can't imagine 40 degrees yet. We're a ways off from that here. It has cooled off though. The humidity isn't bad now. No heat index in the 100's. What a horrible summer we've had here.

I hope harley checks in soon too. I'm concerned that she's OK since the incident with the calf/momma knocking her down. That is scarey.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use