New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  5:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope all had a great weekend. Very lazy one here, rained off & on all the time, wasn't able to clear out our storage shed by tomorrow so we get to pay another month again, frustrating! I wanted to get it all out but hubs was too damn lazy all weekend, can't blame him for as many hrs he puts in.

Kiddo was to have his 1st game today, but they cancelled due to rain & lightning. It's really coming down today & it's a royal pain in the tush taking the dogs out so they can do their thing. We have just mud all around so they get totally muddy so we have to really clean em up before even thinkin of bringing them inside. Such a major pain!! Haven't been able to talk to kiddo anyways to see if he's really bummed about not playing today.

I'm crossing my fingers that before snow falls he gets a job here in town. That icy driving to & from is way bad. I couldn't do it!!

Yup, the weather is definitely fall-ish the past 3 days. I love it except for all the mud. If we didn't have the dogs I'd be soaking it all in & loving it! The leaves haven't changed any yet, but it won't be far off. If we hit the 70s this week we're lucky. Been too cool to leave the windows open, how do ya like that??

I too hope that harley is doing ok. That's scary stuff getting hit in the head by a hoof like that. Too much pressure on that for sure! We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Did everyone have a great Monday? I was painting yet again, just the kitchen left now...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  10:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, gosh, that would be a royal PIA with mud and the dogs. So you have to get out with them and get your shoes/boots muddy yourself. I've kept a towel handy and 'try' to hold onto Tucker when I bring him in and wipe off his paws. It's a nightmare. Once fall comes and the grass dies, there are muddy spots in his 'potty area.'

Let's hope your husband does find something local before the bad weather hits. I agree. That driving in ice and snow would be hard on him, as well as you due to worry. Plus it would add a lot of time onto his work days.

Too bad your son's first game was canceled. There will be more, but as a kid that's tough.

I can't imagine it being too cool to open windows. We still have the AC on. It is finally cooling down and the prediction is that this is the end of the extreme heat. I sure hope they're right on this call.

Have a good week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  10:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Kiddo did have a game & they lost...30-0. He's done well, not worried about losing which says a lot for the coaches there. The other boys were bigger & had more practice, it would make a difference right there. I'm proud how well he'd handled it, I really am! Next week he'll play on Tuesday so we're excited to watch.

Boy, I tell ya, yesterday we finally had some sunshine so it was able to start drying out some but we have a long ways to go. This weekend we may be able to get some gravel & set it for the driveway, it'll help tremendously! We can't park in the driveway it's so bad right now, irritating more than anything. I had to put the truck in 4WD to get out, that's how bad it is, to give you an idea.

Here it is now September....where has all the time gone? Does it really go so fast??! Soon we'll be talking about the holidays already, imagine. Time seems to go so much faster than when I was younger, haven't figured out that one yet.

Half way thru the week now!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  10:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's been like a zoo here at work. Then I go home, help with granddaughter, meals, etc., etc. and just crash. Lots and lots of work here right now - job security.

It was nice this weekend. Cooled off enough that I was able to turn off the AC. Fresh air. How wonderful.

I'm so glad your son is enjoying himself. That's great. The main thing is he's enjoying himself, getting involved, learning more about the sport, participating - winning is nice. But it's how you get there that matters.

Glad you had a little sunshine. I didn't realize it's been so many days since I checked in.

Been thinking about harley too.

Got to get busy here at work. It's a payroll day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  08:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nice that you are finally able to get some fresh air in! At night it's getting too cold to leave all the windows open, it's now in the 40s so it gets a tad bit nippy. On Monday we had rain all day long again, so we have again a big mudpit out front. Here I was getting excited over it drying out a little & we're back to square one.

Had to take our bulldog to the vet yesterday, he had an ear hematoma, which is a common thing for dogs I guess. It's like a big blood blister that builds up in his ear so they drain it & have to stitch it up & all that. Hopefully it'll be a lot better from it now. There's a big chance for them to come back though, so it may be a big waste of time & money then.

Kiddo had another game yesterday, they lost....but they did a great job I thought. I'm glad he doesn't really get upset over losing, but I'm sure that'll come later.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We have a Brittany. All that fur can cause problems for his ears too. We have meds for his ears and when I have him groomed I always make sure they trim close around his ears. Every little bit helps.

I really can't wait until it's in the 50's/40's around here. That's good 'breathing air.' Now the mudpit is another story. I wouldn't be real happy with that either.

I'm glad you son's having a great time. Yes, he'll eventually get upset over losing. But in the process he's learning so much. Good for him.

Enjoy your day. Hope it's sunny for you again later today. Still hoping your hubby gets a job close to home.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yesterday I was sooo thrilled to have sunshine & lots of wind & I was able to mow the yard, it looks so good now. Grass is starting to come in good in some spots. But today....solid rain, again. I love what it does for the grass, but not for the whole yard!! Roar!!

Taz did well on his ear stuff she said. I get to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. Miss the stinker, didn't think I would so much! We have an American Stafforshire too, so it's not like it's boring here without him. He's a little terror at times too, not so little really. Thinks he's a big lapdog! Just wants all the attention all the time.

Yesterday was a good day movement-wise. Did all the mowing which I love anyways & then also the tread too. But I've been sooo tired all the time lately, so I figured if I get up & moving more maybe it won't be so bad. The past few days I go back to sleep after the kiddo goes off on the bus & sleep for another 1 or 2 hrs. Sometimes it helps, but mostly no. I'm not sure exactly what the deal is. And by nighttime it's all I can do to keep my eyes open past 9. I don't get it!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  10:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad Taz did well. You've got your hands full with critters too.

Yep, as disgusting as it can be, the rain is good for that new grass. It's just tough on the spots that don't have grass yet - especially with pets.

This tiredness could be from all the stress/excitement in your life these past months - moving,finding a new home, getting things ready for the new home, husband looking for a job closer to home, the physical exertion of getting moved in. That's a lot. Your body is catching up.

PLUS, have you been to the doctor yet about your throat? If not, don't delay. Don't be caught off guard with something that can be taken care of. OK?

Got to get to work. I'm leaving here by noon today. So I've got to scoot and work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  12:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was reading up on an article about being tired & how I was feeling.....I think I may have too much iron! Plus all that I've gone through this past year I'm sure has a lot to do with that also. I do need to make an appt w/the dr here for within this next week anyways & no I haven't had my throat checked yet....slacker on that, I know. But when I go I will ask about that.

Hope that harley is doing well. Busy time of year right now too, but all year pretty much is. But I love the fall especially, being on a farm I think I would just love. The past 3 days have been just wonderful & for the week it's actually supposed to be decent. This weekend we have to get our skirting up, before it really gets cold, yuk. Should be nice then, cross fingers.

And I hope you had a nice weekend, has it cooled down a lot yet?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  12:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you're going to make an appt. with the doctor. Don't delay. It's better to go and just get it over with. I hate going, but no choice. Have to do it.

Hope Harley's doing OK too. I think about her often. Wish she'd check in with us soon. Just to say 'Hi, I'm fine. Busy but I'll check in later.'

Pretty weekend. Cooled off. I've turned the AC off, and then turned it back on. Can't make up my mind. It's the afternoons. They tend to warm up and I have a big house. Once it's warm, it stays warm. But summer's really over as I see it.

Take care of yourself!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  10:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm a sloooow mover today! Have so much I need to do, just am being lazy at going after it...

Today may be between decent & a tad wet. Haven't decided yet if I should mow or not. Maybe this afternoon I will if it's nice. By then I may be more gung-ho! Oh, but this weekend was perfect, gorgeous. This is the time of year I miss being in Grand Junction & going to the vineyards. Soooo pretty.

Today I have to do the tread at least once. Yesterday hubs was home from work, he'd worked until past 10pm on Sunday so he could have yesterday off, so my routine got off with him home. Plus if I'm able to mow, that's just an extra plus. We will see how it ends up.

Hope everyone has a great day & that we hear from harley soon!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  10:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow. Working until 10 PM he definitely deserved the next day off. Hope yesterday was a decent day for you weatherwise. It's been beautiful here. Around 80 or 80+ afternoons, and then cooler into the 60's at night. For me, it can drop even more. I have the AC back on. My house gets warm during the afternoon. So I just turned the AC back on this past weekend and I'll keep it on until it drops more.

I didn't lose weight last week. Stayed the same. That's OK. I noticed in my journal that I haven't taken my measurements since June. It's time for me to do that again too. I'm trying to keep tabs on all aspects. In the end, it all counts.

Have a great day. Hope it's a pretty one. harley, please let us know you're OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  2:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really....only to the 60s at night?! We're lucky now if we hit 60 for a high!! Man, I do hope we get an indian summer anyways. I do NOT want to see early snow like last year, yuk. It lasts long enough as it is.

I do have an appt for next week finally. I broke down & did it. I'm doing fine, just need to get some refills. Haven't had any problems w/the throat, but I'll ask anyways.

I did do the tread today, not yesterday, plan on hopping on again here soon. I'm starting to get cold, so when I get on it helps me warm up. I really don't want to run the heater ( imagine! yes we do!)more than we really need to. I don't mind using a sweater, hubs hates doing that. What a booger. Anyways, I did lose 2 # last week, I'm sure I haven't this week but that's ok, I'm trying to do better being in my own place now & own routines, not having to worry about 5 others & what to do & when & all that. It helps.

We are finally going to try to get the skirting done up this weekend & cross fingers that it stays decent anyways. Don't need a huge mudpot going on right then. Had a fairly decent day yesterday but it rained last night & some today & it's kinda dreary right now, only 50 too, but I do think it'll be ok for the weekend. We have to go to Minot to pick up what we need for the skirting early on Saturday, it's about an hr & half drive from here. I hate that we're so far from everything but oh well, it's a day away from home. Or at least a few hrs huh!

All have a great day...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  10:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I like your temps better. I'm not into heat at all. It's going back to the upper 80's this weekend. Don't get me wrong. It's nothing compared to the horrible summer we had. I'm just ready for fall. I love it. The leaves are changing colors now. Snow. No way. I don't want it now either. When it comes, small doses suits me just fine.

Glad you made an appt with the MD. Good. You need to get a good check-up since you've had problems. You know. It could all just be stress. You've certainly had your share!

I didn't lose last week. I took my measurements the other night. I've lost an inch overall. I'll take that loss. I'm still working on weight loss. Trying to work out. I decided yesterday that I want to get all my yoga tapes and DVD's out again. It's very healthy. Good for flexibility, stress, concentration - you name it. I think my granddaughter might enjoy doing it with me. Of course, I think what she'd like best is Richard Simmons. You can't help but smile when he gets started. I still want to water walk. But I think I need to introduce other things into my workout now.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  09:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Quick note. We must all be busy. I haven't checked in since Friday.

Harley, hope all is well with you and we're anxious to hear from you.

Jenjs, hope you got that skirting up on the trailer and that you haven't had so much as one snowflake yet!! I also hope your rains have stopped.

Did you get to the MD yet? How are you?

I have a meeting in 10 minutes and I also have to get payroll out of this office by 1:30 today. I'm leaving early to take my grandson to the DDS. So I've got to scoot. I just wanted to check in.

Have a great day. Oh, Biggest Loser returns tonight!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Whew, what a weekend! Got most of the skirting up & some gravel laid out for the driveway, so we're pretty much set for cooler temps. On Friday it actually snowed for a bit, nothing sticky or anything, but not a good sign for the coming months!! A tad bit early for that crap. Yuk. It's been raining off & on since Sunday night now. Have the heat on regularly now, which is a bummer right there, but we got to 27 when, on Thurs night or around there. It stays in the 30s to low 40s at night now, so colors will be changing, specially since it frosted already. I love the fall too, but I'd take a few 80s right now!! Oldest son, still in Wy, has been getting nice warm 80s temps the past few days. Even where we just moved from was to get to 93 yesterday, unbelieveable!

I tell ya, my right neck & shoulder is real sore, I must have pulled something this weekend or did something to it somehow. It's driving me nuts! No meds are helping or anything.

Well beb, you're doing much much better than I am with losing inches or losing anything for that matter! Richard Simmons cracks me up, I can't stay focused on him I laugh too hard to move any he's just too funny. But hey, if it works what the heck huh? Do any yoga over the weekend?

I have got to go try & do something with my neck, soak or get the heating pad or something. I can't sit my head right or make it so it's less painful or anything, any ideas?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can't believe it's been a week since I posted. It was a busy week, but it really flew by. Unbelievable.

Glad you got most of the skirting up and some gravel for the driveway. That should help with the 'mud' issue with all that rain. Maybe you finished the skirting this weekend.

It's cooler here. No AC. Don't even need a fan. I'm loving it. Felt downright 'cold' this morning. It was around 51. Ahhh, fall has arrived. We could still have a few warm days. But the summer heat won't return - at least not for good.

Went to the MD this morning. All bloodwork came back very good. He's happy with the weight loss - 15# total. I said I thought it should be more, but it's like it was hanging on for dear life! Finally started to lose it. Alleluia.

Just a quick check in. I have to get back to work. Such a short morning.

Oh, fun thing happened Friday night. On my way home from some shopping, I rolled down the front passenger window - about 4" or so - won't go up, won't go down. It goes in the shop tomorrow for oil change and 'window fix.' Had this happen once on the driver's side. Sheesh. It's always something.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  5:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Man, it's always something with the cars isn't it? Ugh! It gets irritating after awhile. We weren't able to finish the skirting yet, had to go grab a lot of lumber & stuff for the steps & front deck on the front door. Will be nice when we finally get all of this stuff done, lots of work, no kidding!

Oh man, this weekend & all this week....gorgeous! Yesterday it got to what, like 85, very do-able, nice breezes. Even had to AC a bit yesterday, imagine! Today not quite as warm but just right. I do love this time of year, how can you not?! And the great smells of the leaves & just the changes, what's not to like?? Don't forget football too.....which I have a game to go to here shortly. They've won at least 1 game, better than none!

Glad the drs went well, good for you losing 15#! Man, wish I could really do that! But I have to really try to do something for it I suppose :).....guess I really should put my butt in gear & just do it!

Glad to have heard from you beb...hope harley is ok too..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wednesday already. Time flies.

It's still gorgeous here. I'm loving it. Sunny. Breezy. No heat. No air. Open windows. What more could I ask for?

Car went in the shop yesterday. It was cables or something. Had that fixed and an oil change for a mere $333! If only I were wealthy.

Had to pick up Frontline for the dog this AM. That was $43! My lands. 3 months supply, but still that stuff is expensive.

Has it stopped raining yet? Any more snow?

Sure wish harley would check in with us. It's been a looooonnng time.

Have a good day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
See how time just whizzes right on by? It's going to be December before we know it!

OMG, this week has been just fabulous weather-wise! I don't want it to go away!! But we're not expected to get any rain until early next week, even then it'll still be in the 50s anyways, which I'll keep most definitely! This weekend we'll fix up the front deck & we'll be good to go, after the rest of the skirting too. Whew, at least we should be pretty much set for winter. We still have to find a way to keep the driveway from sinking in, all the gravel we got isn't working in a few places.

Oldest son had to have his car fixed also....about $700 worth. Sometimes they aren't worth it, but who really wants to walk in -20 cold winter weather?? Even if it isn't very far?!

Our dog's food is over $50/bag, which we get 2 a month of. Sometimes they aren't worth it either!! Honestly, I haven't been able to get so attached to them it'd tear me apart if they had to go....everyone else, yes. So I'm the odd one out. Oh well. Maybe some day when I get the dog I've always wanted, a husky. But I'd need a huge yard for him too.

Harley harley, please check in soon!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use