New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  09:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow. It is really cold.

Klynn, have fun at your new Yoga class. Sounds way too hot for me. But I have a niece who mentioned a Yoga class that she took (she lives in CA) and said that it was really, really hot and she loved it. Great workout. I have some yoga videos/DVD. I try it off and on. It's something I'm so interested in but I'm not very flexible. I think my problem is that I just don't give myself enough time.

Jenjs, interesting story on how you and your hubby to be met, and came to be. I love it! Cheesecake. I love the stuff. You're so right. It all just creeps up on you so fast. It's here and then it's over! So savor every single minute.

Harley, good grief - ran over you with his motorcycle. Now that's a mean dude for sure. Sounds like you met your hubby in an unusual way too. You're both right. They're right there and crept up when you least suspected.

Yes, my daughter and her family will be here for T-giving. My sister and her family are going farther south (still in IL though) where they have a place on Lake Egypt. It's down around Mt. Vernon/Carbondale IL area. They live here in the same town I do. My brother and his wife, daughter/husband are going to San Francisco to be with his other daughter/husband. So I'll have some here. My parents are both gone. I'll enjoy it. I just love the cooking and the smelling of the cooking part. I'd also like to get in a good walk that day - then I'll eat.

I have to do the shopping this weekend. That's the chore I really hate doing. The stores will be packed. Can't be avoided though.

Have a great weekend. I'll check back on Monday - unless I break down and use my PC at home, which isn't likely. It's slow. I'm used to my fast one at work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  7:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope everyone is doing well. Not near as cold today, but windy as all get out. Should be back in the 50s tomorrow, but windy still, of course. Every building should have it's own wind generator here I swear, no one would have to pay much for elect. then! Some day that's exactly what'll happen....
I know about the shopping bit, I hate it too. I go either early in the morns or later in the eves, past 7ish, not near as busy. But I'll have to do the shopping when I get to the folks' place, I don't want to drag a bunch of food too! I have enough crap as it is I need to remember..
Got a call today that mom is re-thinking even coming to the nuptials(?). She's been looking forward to it for weeks now, I hope she reconsiders. The last thing I want to do is push her. And I heard dad hasn't been going to see her, which isn't shocking, but it upsets me that she's pretty much alone. I hate that. That's the last thing she needs, feeling totally alone. I'd love to slap the crap out of my dad. He can be a real ass too (like 99% of the time)
Fate is an odd deal. I like to hear how people meet & get together. But yikes harley! You do have some horror stories it sounds like! Sorry it was such a rough deal. I dunno how we can end up with such prizes. But, the way I see it, if I never met my "prize", I wouldn't have my real prize, the youngest. He was the best deal of em all. He just better not end up like his old man, or he'll hear about being a "prize" from his ol' ma.
Speaking of walking, I haven't been doing as much as I should. And I don't have my treadmill yet. I want it!! I saw an elliptical machine I may get instead, so I can work the ol arms too. Be more like cross-country skiing. I do like to do that, specially at night with a full moon. It is so gorgeous that way! And quiet? Man. I worked in Sequoia Natl Park one winter & would go for a night ski....awesome. Haven't done it since! Way more hilly around here, I need flat for awhile if I did that again.

Better go & get some grub going. All have a wonderful weekend! Hope everyone can get most of their prep done for turkey day...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  3:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs,the one place I want to see before I die is the Sequoia Natl Park.I've been all over on the bike trips seen things I'll never forget,but never got to see the trees got to get there one of these days.Never tried skiing with my crappy knee from a bike wreak it would possibly leave me on the mountain.

Sorry your mom is having 2nd thoughts but if she does there really is'nt much you can do about it just don't let it mess up your special day we don't get enough of them the way it is.

Your right about the prizes.I have lots of good stories I can keep the girles at work laughing for hours.The only way to deal with some of the hurt is to just keep laughing about it.Your son means as much to you as mine does to me he can be a real pain but would'nt trade him for anything.

beb,sounds like you'll have a house full for turkey day to bad we can't box up the smell of all that good food and open it whenever we need a pick-me-up from a bummer day.Take care and enjoy everyone.

Talk at you all later

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  7:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, you'd love the trees...awesome. It's amazing that a tree can get so huge! Mind blowing that they're so old too, thousands of yrs old. My right knee is all messed up, can't run on it, but the cc skiing was easy. Wish I had a normal knee tho, could run without being afraid of it really getting bad.
Mom, well, just have to see. She may change her mind after I can see her, who knows.

Damn! The wind is really howling, 40 mph winds with 60 gusts all day. Wish I had that turbine!
You're right on the humor part. Some does get funny as time wears on. Sure wasn't at the time tho.
MMMMMMM I can smell the turkey now! On Monday I'll make a batch of rolls for the dinner, have chex mix done for snacking. I made up my own version of it for xtra fiber: instead of all the chex, I use the wheat one, cheerios, quaker oatmeal squares & spoon-size shreded wheat, plus the nuts & pretzels. Seems to go a lot faster! I usually make up at least 2 batches of it.
I've been noticing that lately when I have any potatoes, I'm terribly sluggish, way tired & drained....anyone else? I love mashed potatoes, hate that this is starting, but it is a good thing that I need to curb em then huh?

All take care...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

angelinarenee

1 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  11:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm new...found the website searching for a list of what produce is in season for my area. I like the idea of this website and the variety if offers. I've never been part of a group online. I think this could be a great way to talk to others about eating healthy. It would be good for me to lose about 50 pounds. Never thought I'd get to this point. Quit smoking in October last year. I was already overweight a bit but not unhappy with the way I felt or looked. Now, I've really put on the pounds. I've recently smoked a few cigarettes with the excuse that it's better than being "fat". I know that's lame. Just lost a family member to cancer, too. So, I should know better. The bottom line is that I want to become healthier in a positive, permanent way. Not just a quick fix. Not for my husband, not for my children but for me - the way I will feel. I've lost weight before and it felt sooo good. Just didn't do it in a healthy way. This seems a good place to start. Not too intimidating and surrounded by others with similar goals. Going to park my car in the garage and start taking the bus to work a few days a week and carpool a few days. I'll get some walking in between my house and the bus stop and save a little money on gas. Look forward to hearing from all of you more. I know we can do what we want to do!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  9:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Angelinarenee,we are quite a bunch, just a bunch of bad bananas but we all seem to fit pretty good together.The other 2 ladies are great they feel like old friends,look forward to hearing from them each day.Sorry about the family member hard to lose loved ones but we have all been there at one time or another.DON'T go back to the cigs.they will get you in the long run one way or the other.Sounds like you have plan thats the first thing to do.Every extra step counts,just strive for more then yesterday and you'll get there.

Jenjs,you may have to share that version with the rest of us sounds really good.Blew it yeasterday had to be at work by 4 did'nt want to cook so stopped and got a pizza----It was so GOOD but was down and out for the rest of the day.We had to work today too long day at work when its a Sunday and everyone else is at home.Maybe the next 3 days will go by fast then its vacation.

everyone take care talk at you latter

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday ladies. Welcome Angelinarene. I might shorten that one in the future!! Happy to have you join us.

Harley's right. We're just like a bunch of old friends and it didn't take long at all. We seem to just 'click' and understand each other. I look forward to their daily posts. I look forward to hearing more from you too.

Jenjs, I hope for your sake, and your mom's, that she changes her mind and comes. It will mean a lot to you and it sounds like she really needs to get out and mix with her family. As Harley said, there sure isn't anything at all you can do about it though.

I'd like your version of Chex mix too. Do you put anything on it? Like butter and stick it in the oven or what? What's the measurements you use - or do you just 'wing it?' I kind of do the 'wing it' thing myself quite often, unless it's involving baking.

Sequoia Natl Park! That sounds like a heavenly place to work. I have never been there. I'd love to go though.

I better get busy here. It's a short workweek.

Jenjs - Happy wedding week!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  4:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All....
Welcome to Ange, short version. Hope you feel as comfy as the others do. We do look forward to coming here! Great place!
Ok, as for my version of chex mix, I do 2c. of all the cereals, 1c. ea of nuts & pretzels & the same butter & salts as the original recipe & bake the same. I rather bake it than do microwave, that seems to be the rage but I like old fashioned.
Right now, I'm a litle panicky. I've been calling dad & no answer. Messages even, no answer. Usually when I call & he won't answer, he calls pretty much in a matter of minutes. Hope I don't find something when I walk into the house.....I'm gonna be prayin like crazy til I get in that house. How will I be able to drive??! Help!! We leave tomorrow morning, if not sooner (which I am not hoping for!)

Not sure when I'll be able to check in again, so just in case I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs ,calm down you'll blow a fuse think positive or you'll jix yourself. Best of luck on the big day.Be sure to smile pretty for the pictures.

beb,hope everyone gets to your place safe and sound. can't wait to get to moms for turkey we've been working almost every weekend so we can get 4 days off for Thanksgiving.One line went down today with a broken shaft hope that doesn't mess us up to much.

Do any of you collect any type of stuff? I found Ebay and I'm always looking for my Fenton crested dishes.Hubby wishes I hadn't found Ebay but he says it my money and it cheaper then driving all over to the place looking at the stores.Hope all have a really good thanksgiving.Stay safe and happy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  10:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, all is fine, dad finally got in touch. I think he got ahead in the holiday nog, sounded 3 shades to the wind & had 5 different stories. Oh well, at least he called. Now I don't have to worry about what I'll walk into.
I have all of my grama's original Fiesta ware, and I love angels. I am an angel freak...have one tattooed on my left shoulder, one in flight holding the earth in her hands. I love it. Didn't get it til I was 38! Geez, some rebel, huh?

Ok, I'm all better, and I hope all is well with everyone. Happy holiday!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  09:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad everything's OK with your dad, jenjs. How scary though.

Happy wedding day to you!!!!!!!! I'm happy and excited for you - and I'm still hoping your mom comes.

Harley, hope nothing happens at work to mess with your holiday time.

Collect - oh, boy. I have dolls. I have loved dolls since I was a kid. When I divorced (1988) and bought my first home all by my lonesome I started a collection with one doll. Mom bought me one for Christmas. My boss and his wife (who used to travel quite a bit) started bringing me dolls from their travels - Italy, France, Switzerland. A nice brought me one from Germany. I have quite a few. I just love them.

My interests are so varied. I love antiques, but really can't afford to go on a buying spree. I just ended up with several pieces - a buffet, china cabinet, 'secretary', Singer sewing machine (pedal type), Victrola (I guess that's what you call it.), dinner platter that was my grandmother's and her mother gave it to her as a wedding gift. If Grandma were alive, she'd be 111. She died in December of 1999 at the age of 103. The platter came here from Germany.

On the doll front, several years ago I took a sculpting class. I've only taken one class but I know I could become addicted to it as easily as painting/drawing. I absolutely love it! I made a doll. I had no idea what it was going to be but he looks kind of Amish, possibly like Father Time. One problem - I don't like to sew. So he's bundled up in some towels to keep him 'safe' and in one piece. We sculpted the head, hands, boots. The body is a 'soft sculpt' which is a body cloth, stuffed and sewed to have a spine, breast bone, etc. The class was with Jack Johnston. He has a website - www.artdolls.com. Come to think of it. That's something I really should do in 2009! Take another class.

I love to read. I have lots and lots of books. See what you started, Harley!! It's all coming out now. Just like "True Confessions." I have so many addictions. Books, drawing - art of all types, dolls, a would be sculptor, antiques, you name it. I love all kinds of things.

Have a wonderful holiday. I'll be back in tomorrow. But in case one or more of you don't return tomorrow - Have a great Turkey Day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  6:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No wonder i like you-a person after my own heart.I collect the fenton silver crest,and lots of the colored crested dishes I love hunting for them.I have over 100 carousels and carousel horses,mom started me collecting tea pots years ago so I have lots of them.Have lots of Harley stuff.Outside stuff is the flowers I have 1 rose garden all fenced in with white fence and a couple benches and stepping stones in it there are 28 different roses in it.On down the drive there are 7 more big flower beds with roses and other flowers.In the backyard there is a teahouse with roses around it and off the deck is what I call my fancy garden full of shurbs and lillys,vostas.coralbells,ferns and so on and so on.I have over 80 roses altogether.In the spring when they are in bloom I cutt flowers for the office ladies at work can't stand for them to just go to waste.I also have Peacocks that set on the rose garden fence I have some really pretty pictures of the sun shining on the long tail feathers blowing in the wind against the roses.MAN I WISH SPRING WAS HERE!!!!!!!!
The backyard is a certified Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation,OH I forgot about the BIRDS I feed the birds all year long love to set on the deck and take pictures.I have lots of Bluebirds,Robins,Bluejays,Finches,Woodpeckers,Wrens,Junco,Sparrows,and my favorites are the Orioles we had 4 sets this year they fight over there food bottles more then the hummers do. Makes me wish for warm weather.

You really should go back to the class sounds like you really enjoyed it.My hubby likes to read too. I've got him a Kindell for Christmas.Its a deal that you down load books from Amazon on loks like a hard backbook one of Oprahs things that she likes.Hope he likes it.

I may have asked the question but sure was fun seeing what you like and sharing what I like.Hubby is looking for supper so better get to it.Have a good one.

jenjs HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your not the only with a tat I have a peacock and a dreamcatcher with roses and my name in it.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  08:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

It's our new friend Jenjs' Happy Wedding Day!!

Oh, how exciting! We do have a lot in common - all three of us. Isn't that something? And we just 'happened upon each other.'

I love teapots too. Oh, heck, there isn't much I don't like.

I love the birds. Mom lived with me for 6 years before she passed away in 2005. She really got me started on them. I love the finches, just love them. I think they're gorgeous. I have woods at the edge of my backyard. Earlier this fall I was at my kitchen sink doing some dishes, and trying to decide what I wanted to do for dinner. Looked out and at first thought - Who is my backyard? Looks like whoever it is is sneaking around. It wasn't a 'who' it was a turkey! I was so excited I thought I'd wet my pants. No kidding. Doesn't take much to make me happy. That turkey just struted its stuff for the longest time. Great big bird too. It was near my fire pit and I'm guessing it was about 3 - 3 1/2' tall. Beautiful. There was a live peacock loose in those woods too about 4 years ago. Must have been someone's pet or something. I heard the worst screeching noise ever and called my brother (He lives about 8 houses down the street from me.) and asked what in the world could it be. Some animal was in big trouble. he said, no, what I was describing was a peacock. he had heard one was loose in the area - someone's pet. Awful sound, but a gorgeous bird.

We also have lots of Cardinals here. They too are pretty. The woodpeckers are pretty. We have a few bluebirds and I'd love more. I'd also love to have a purple Martin.

Your yard sound simply gorgeous. I'm impressed - National Wildlife Federation. That's wonderful and impressive.

My yard didn't get a workout this year and it's nothing compared to yours. I had a lot of trouble with my knees this summer. Found out that it's good ole Arthur! Drats! I should have known though - mom had it, my brother, my sister (who is 10 years younger than me) had knee replacement in April. It had to catch up with me. But they're better now and there's next spring and summer. One of my favorites is Black Eyed Susans. They're just a sunny, smiley flower for me. I agree with your co-workers too. You shouldn't let all those roses go to waste. Let everyone enjoy them.

A Kindell. I'll check it out.

I don't have a tatoo. My daughter has 2 and wants another one. OK. I'm chicken!

Happy T-giving. I'll be back on Monday.

Happy wedding day. Happy wedding day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  09:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a real quick check in this AM.

How's the new bride?? I hope everything went smoothly, that your mom decided to come, and that she chose to come home with you.

I hope everyone had a nice T-giving. It was nice here. Way too much eating on my part. This week I'll have withdrawl! But I'm back to watching everything that goes in my mouth as of today. I love stuffing, just love it, and I ate way too much of it.

We had some flurries yesterday, and woke up to snow on the ground this AM. It's already melting though. The ground isn't really cold enough for it to stick. We've had some cold days, but not enough days in a row to keep it on the ground. The good news - the streets are just fine. We're going to have snow off and on all day.

Well my friends, I have to get busy. Since I've been out of the office there's lots of mail to catch up on. Just wanted to say 'good morning' to my friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello new buddies! The bride is back. Mom didn't come, but we brought her home & she was glad to be back. Thanksgiving was over in a matter of minutes, for weeks of planning. And we do it all again in another couple weeks. Geez.
Oh! I've got to tell ya. My son came last Sunday & on the way here his car froze up, engine froze up...lack of oil....so, one car down. Ok, we were gonna let him use our bronco til his is fixed. Ok, on his way back home Sunday, he flipped the bronco....totalled it. He's fine, real shaken up. But now we have the one car now & I hope I don't have to rush back up to the folks for any emergencies anytime. Then new hubs would be stranded, no way to get to work. I tell ya, it's been a heck of a week.
The over eating? Oh yeah, i got about 2 lbs back that I did lose, of course. Feel like a lump, a huge brick. Still need to get that treadmill, REAL bad!!!
All the flowers & birds sound wonderful! That's what I like about spring. We had a skiff of snow day before yesterday & it's gone now. I'd love to get a nice garden area in the yard somewhere, but it gets so dry around here, hard to make a lush, green area. It all sounds wonderful tho!

Oldest son & I want to get matching tattoos with the Isle of Man emblem, it's a 3 legged thing. That's where my grama came from. Still need to figure how we'd both do it together.

Well ladies, hope you all had a great holiday!! Missed talking to you! Thanks for the congrats, it means a lot to me. Have a great eve!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  10:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So the new bride is home, happy, healthy and wedded. Hurrah for you. I'm glad your mom came home with you and enjoyed herself.

Wow. Your son has had car problems - his and yours. The good news is that he's OK. Somehow everything else will fall into place.

How could you not overeat between wedding and T-giving? I did with just T-giving. Stuffed with stuffing - that's me. But that holiday is now behind us. The next couple are real eaters too though.

Matching tattoos - how fun. Not for me, mind you. I'm super chicken. But I know I'm not in the majority in that area.

I have to get back to work. This is a day that I handle payroll. Fun stuff! At least it pays the bills.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  6:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all, glad no one was hurt very bad.Guess you really do have something to be thankful for.Like everyone else ate way to much mom cooked way more then all of us could eat sent stuff home with all us kids for supper.

Went to feed the cows friday guess I did'nt get the feed in the bunks fast enough for Bully he caught me not looking half turned around and butted me into the bunk then right on out of it.Mutt Mutt went crazy trying to keep the cows away from me till I got my butt up off the ground.Not hurt just alittle sore neck is out of place from hitting the feed bunk when I fell,If does'nt get better will have to go see Doc.

We had snow also then today its back to almost 60 then tommarow its going to be in the 30's I have trees that are putting on buds at this rate they may all freeze and die.

Glad everyone is back.Take care till later

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  9:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, no, he wasn't hurt...a very good thing. But he's still on my list!! Harley, hope that you're feeling ok now. And that you don't have to go visit the dr, I hate having to do that. Specially for the yearly stuff, ugh.
I did gain a couple last week, but since Sunday I've gotten rid of 2 lbs, which is a blessing there! Just not digging in to stuff. My appetite the past few days has been crappy, good & bad at the same time. And i still want to get an elliptical trainer for Christmas, I just feel like a rock, blah, dead weight. Know what I mean? But now, since we had to tow twice within a week & have to once more to get kids car to get fixed, it's hit the xmas funding. Which gets me, because new hubs & I will be doing without any presents! Sucks! Hey, I'm still a kid at heart & want to be excited for gifts. Part of what makes the holiday such fun.
We've had thunder, sleet, hail, rain & snow today & got up to around 48 I think. It's like springtime, which is scary. The next 2 days are supposed to be in the high 20s is all...yuk. Not fond of winter at all!!

Ok ladies, have a good eve. Good to be back!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Goodness, Harley, I'm glad you weren't seriously injured - or at least you don't 'think' you were. I hope you're better today and don't have to go to the MD.

Jenjs, hope the appetite being off is just due to the excitement of everything that's gone on in the past week and that you're not getting bit by a flu bug. My sister had that all last week. Spent the whole week in the bathroom!

Cars are a major expense. I have never been thrilled with cars and/or driving. That makes me an oddball and I know it. When everyone else was chomping away for their parents' car, I didn't care one bit about it. It's a necessary evil and a major expense. That's how I view it. It's freedom. So I need my car. I realize that, but otherwise I could do without it.

Of course, you like presents. Wouldn't it be nice to just not have to worry about funding for everything? Just once in awhile? I'd love it. Well, Jenjs, about the only thing you can do if funds are tight is look for 'little things' - maybe even make yourself a 'spa day.' Light candles, soak in a bubble bath, play soothing music, sip wine. That would work. Hubby could give you a certificate for a 'massage' performed by him. Little things. It might make your Christmas more fun that way. Just a though.

Have a great day. I hope both of you are on the 'mend!'

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Ame 1971

2 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  1:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm new today. I was excited about this site and signed up. I was pretty disappointed when I clicked on the Food Fit plan and the articles were for SPRING; talking about the benefits of strawberries!this may not be the site for me if it isn't updated even seasonally!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use