New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The weekend was very nice. The graduation ceremony was excellent. As usual, 'Pomp and Circumstance' set these old tear ducts flowing. I just can't believe he's 18 now. But the day was exactly as he wanted it - his dad, his stepmom, grandparents, mom, sister, me. We'll have a bigger party next month. That one will not be at my home. There will be too many if the weather's bad - storms, etc. The food was good. The company was enjoyable - even though I don't really care much for the stepmom. I think that's OK. I am his mother's mom after all! But it was perfect.

We had severe storms here Sunday night, and storms (not so severe though thank goodness) yesterday. You may have heard about the tornado that hit Joplin MO. That's not near me - about 7 hours away. But my gosh - the worst one in 60 years. Destroyed approx 75% of the town. The last I heard the death toll was 116. So sad. This has been a terrible tornado season in the Midwest.

Your oldest still has snow. Oh, my gosh, I would hate that.

Glad to hear your grass is growing. That's something positive. Maybe you'll get a little time to plant flowers too.

Since I'm writing this, the world did not come to an end. I too am happy to have known you my friend.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  6:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, we both are still alive & kicking!! Honestly, if it would have ended up being real & all that, I would have been very happy. I would love to see my folks & grandparents & uncles & aunts, everybody. In a way I'm a bit bummed not to see them, but I have those still here to make me smile every day :).

Glad the weekend was a success! It's always fun to have that kind of shindig. Course we can't always get along with every single person. We all get that!

I did hear of all the storms, so sad. I wondered how close you were to them. Glad you didn't get any of that, but not for the poor folks that have to recover. What a long journey ahead of them.

Actually, since we didn't have rain for 2 days (cross fingers!), I mowed today. I'll end up having to mow twice a week at this rate. It was waaaay long! I don't bag it up when I mow, Dad always said not to bag, so that the nutrients from the clippings can go back into the soil. It's fortified mulch, can't get any better, or cheaper!, than that. And ya know....where I put extra clippings, it actually has gotten pretty darn thick. Nice. I hope I can somewhat even it out. I even added a little extra seed in a few bare spots. I hear it's going to rain Fri & Sat, of course, long weekend coming up. Figures. And hubby's only weekend off for the month! Never fails...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can't believe it's been a week since I've checked in. These days are going so fast.

The holiday weekend was very nice. 3 days off are always good. The weather was nice too. Got warm, but heck it's summer now.

We don't bag our grass either. I don't rake leaves either. My grandson has raked before just because he chose to do it. I always tell him - leave them. I like the leaves. Plus, I think they protect the flowers from any harsh winter we might have. Last winter was definitely a harsh winter.

Went to the dentist this AM. All is well there. Tomorrow is bloodwork and next week a visit to my internist. Getting old is not for sissies. But I've had problems with my teeth in the past. A toothache is horrible. So I go every 6 months. The bloodwork and MD visits are closer as I age due to problems mom had - diabetes and heart. I'd rather go more often and prevent a problem. I have insurance. So why not.

Since I was out for awhile I have got to get back to work. But I wanted to stay in touch with you.

Have a great week! Harley, where are you????

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  6:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today it started off cloudy & dreary, but now it's sunny & pretty warm, says it's 79 outside. Wow! Didn't think I'd be seeing this yet! It was raining all weekend of course, so did a whole lot of nothing. Bummer.

I had to run into town yesterday to the eye dr, have some kind of infection. Had it for over a month & I thought it was finally gone, but when I tried to wear my contacts, it started all over again. Ugh. I go back tomorrow to have it checked again, another trip in. Plus another $100 to have them checked some more. Forget a cheaper checkup, there's no way around it. If it's still yucky tomorrow I'll have to go on a steroid she said. The antibiotic I'm on right now cost $82!! I about freaked when I heard that!! And the bottle is this teeny tiny thing, not even a milliliter. Talk about a rip-off. Was not happy. At this point I'd rather be blind!! Ok, so far it's cost me $200 total for the dr visit & drug, gas was $30, tomorrow will be probably be another $200 plus gas then she'll want me back next week for another follow up, another $200. No way. Who can afford that?? Seriously?!!

Sometimes, don't ya wonder if it's really worth it to stay on top of all the health stuff? Just seems like one huge rip-off. I sure felt that way when no one could help mom with her pain & figure out why she hurt so much, really feel it still. Sheesh!

I do wish harley would peek in, but at this point, I don't think she is anymore. Sad. I miss her stories!

Hope you have a nice weekend coming up..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  2:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My lands it's expensive for you to see without pain! I agree. It is ridiculous. It shouldn't be that expensive. They've got us though. It has to be paid. I couldn't stand to have my eyes bother me. I'm a reader. I read a lot.

It was a hot weekend. We have a heat advisory here through Wednesday. The temp was 98 Friday, heat index over 100. Same story Saturday, Sunday (but the temp wasn't as high yesterday). It's 'only' around 90 here right now, but the humidity is 50%. That's what's killing us. The darn humidity.

I think I told you I planted some things, started them indoors, then planted outdoors. Some are fine. Some didn't do so well once they were transplanted. BUT my granddaughter's pumpkins are growing at a rapid rate. The leaves are the size of dinner plates. I'm soooo glad we only planted a few seeds. I can't imagine how long that vine will get, because I believe it will turn into a vine and then by September or so she'll have pumpkins. She's tickled to death.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  1:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It really is starting to annoy me, not being able to see well at all. Tomorrow hubs is driving me, so I don't have to freak out again while driving. It really was a bad idea for me to drive the last time, some serious things could have easily gone sooo wrong. I was very, very lucky to have made it home with no scratches! We will see what she says tomorrow, but I'm not going every 3 days. Sorry. I read a lot too! Last time i was in town I went to the library & got 3 books. Done with 2 already! And that was friday. See? (no, I can't!)

For about 3 days it was just right, not too hot or cold, windows open at night. Beautiful. Today it again is raining, windy as all crap. All thru Thursday so far from what I can tell. Oh well. At least it isn't snow!! Yes!

Haven't planted anything but the grass. Some spots are going like mad. Others just aren't taking it, wish it would. I'd love to get some tomatoes at least, but I'm not sure where to plant em to keep em away from the mutt. I know he'd claw at em & pounce on em & all that. I'll figure something out. Need to find dirt to even out the front so we can get some grass in there also. I hate how the weedy dirt looks!!

Wish we could find a way to find harley again...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  1:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I hope your eyes improve. I can't imagine the frustration you're experiencing. Can't drive. Can't see. The reading would bother me - although you are definitely reading. It has to wear your eyes out; doesn't it?

It's so hot here. The temp is only around 90 today, but has been 97 to 98. We've broken records in the past week. Today the humdity is 53%. That's what makes it so horrible.

My granddaughter and I started pumpkins indoors. Thank goodness we only started with a few seeds. We planted them outside a month ago and they're going crazy! The leaves are the size of dinner plates, and there's at least a 3' vine sneaking out into the yard. Good grief. We'll have to open a pumpkin patch! She's thrilled. She and the little girl next door (she's in 2nd grade and mine will be in K) will paint some sitting at the picnic table. It will be so cute. I can't believe she goes to K this year. Unbelievable.

Yes, I too wish we could find our friend harley. Scares me that she just stopped checking in - not even once a month.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  6:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope your weekend was a good one! The eyes are getting a bit better, they really look good right when I put art. tears in...makes it actually look crystal clear. So, cross fingers, hopefully on Weds I can get back into contacts & be able to see right!!

The past few days have been super, in the very low 70s & course cool at night. On & off storms all week it says. Trying to get our front lawn evened out & get decent dirt in & have some seed planted, hopefully soon we can have a lawn out front. Probably not til next yr tho to really get it in. Kinda late for planting now for it to take off real good.

I got some rhubarb from one of the neighbors & said I'd make him a pie for being so nice to give us some. Told him I never have worked with it before, so I'm not sure how it was going to turn out. Well, it was a huge hit with him, he told his folks & so I had to make them one, he told our other neighbors & I made them one, hubs adored it, which blew me away since I thought he'd see it as too sweet but he raved, ate about a 1/4 all by himself! Another 1/4 went to kiddo himself so soon I'll be making another for us, looks like. And I need to make one for a couple we call grams & gramps & an older gent that lived across the street from my sis' place. Man! All since my one neighbor raved to only 3 people!! That is too funny. Small town stuff! It's a recipe I found online, has crushed pineapple in it layered with the rhubarb, but instead of making a 2 crust pie I add a streusel topping on it, those are my favorite kinds of pies. It actually is pretty good stuff, but I sure didn't think is was worth all that raving about! Too funny.

Hope you had a good Monday...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Rhubarb pie sounds heavenly. Mom used to make it. Sometimes she would just cook rhubarb and eat it for breakfast with toast. I've also had strawberry/rhubarb pie. Now that you mention one with pineapple I'll search the net and maybe bake one this weekend. Sounds so good. They'll make you the official pie maker!

I used to make my own pie crusts. Mom never did. Said it was too messy and too much work when it's just as cheap, and very good, to buy them already made at the store. Hhhhmmm, sounded good to me and that's what I've done.

I thoroughly enjoy making homemade bread. That's another thought for the weekend. I don't do a lot of this stuff during the week. No way will I start all that at 6 or later in the evening. Plus, with bread you have to knead it every so often. It smells so good when it's rising, baking. Can you tell it's almost lunch time??? Everything sounds good.

You're having ideal weather for me. 70's, cooler in the evening. Perfect. The temps cooled off here the past couple of days, but they'll be rising again next week. We're having storms again.

Glad your eyes are improving. How frustrating!

Have a good week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  8:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had my eyes checked, again, today & they're just about where they need to be. So hopefully by this time next week I can get back my contacts again!! Cross fingers! Still not exact yet, but the steriod drops are helping tremendously. Keep on doin em til I see her again next week, whew.

Hee...I made 2 more pies since I last posted!! I have folks out the ying-yang saying I can use their rhubarb even! This is just too funny. If you'd like the recipe I'm more than happy to give it to ya. Simple. I'm not a crust maker either, no way. Never have been able to get doing that. Always too thick, gooey, rock hard, yuk. Just not good crust. Now, my grama, dad's mom....man, she was the master. Made it with vinegar in it, imagine that & holy crap it was the bomb. I miss it so!! That is one thing I wish I was able to pick up from her. That, her pancakes & cinnamon rolls. No one made em like grama. Oh, and at Christmas...THE best shortbread cookies ever to have been eaten, ever, anywhere. It was like a small miniature cake, so light, so flaky, soooo good.

The weather has been awesome lately!! Had some rain night before & yesterday, which is ok but today was 70, just right, not hot & not cool. Wish it could be that way all the time. Asking too much there. But I have quite a few folks that told me I could have a few of their rhubarb bushes to plant & now's the time....just need to decide where I want to put them out of reach from the pup. I guess the south side is the best, no grass there really & dog can't get to it. Have to chat with hubs & decide if that could be where a little garden could go.

Tomorrow's Thursday for ya!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  09:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wednesday already. I have an auditor coming this morning. Arghhhhhh. Hate these days.

Got my hair cut and permed last night. I feel 'human' again. It grows so fast in the summer. He cut it a little differently, in a wedge. I can actually see my pierced earings now! I feel better. I don't like to mess with hair and I don't have nice, coarse hair with a lot of body. So I have to have a perm. It's simply 'curly.' Nice, soft curls. I'm happy.

I'd love the recipe. 2 more pies. You're going to be known as the baker lady. My grandmas had specialties too. Mom's mom made the best egg noodles I have ever tasted. She didn't measure a thing. I can still see her rolling them out on her counter. Dad's mom made snickerdoodles and divinity. Divinity is so disgustingly sweet - but not hers. It was soft, melted in your mouth. Yum. Made it every year at Christmas. You mentioned shortbread cookies. I think those are heavenly.

Glad your eyes have improved. What a relief for you.

We've had more storms, but cooler weather is coming now. Thank goodness! The humidity has been horrid.

Sunday is my grandson's graduation party. He's happy and excited. The plans are well underway and it won't be that difficult as far as food prep goes. Then I'm taking next week off and going to my sister's. I'll take my gr. daughter with me. GS has to work, and so does my daughter. My sister is going to have her grandson. So they'll have a playmate and we can visit. I've always been very close to her. So I'm looking forward to it. I leave here Friday afternoon from work and don't return here to work until July 5th. Hurrah for me.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  8:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok then, recipe, real easy: I use pre-made crust of course & bake the bottom crust at 425 for 10 mins. For the filling; 2 1/2 C. rhubarb, 1 C. sugar, 2 T. flour, 2 eggs, dash salt; 1 can crushed pineapple or use a can of sliced & chop in blender; topping: 1/4 C. butter, melted, 1/4 C. sugar, 1/2 C. flour. After the crust has baked, it's ok to add the filling even when hot. Layer the rhubarb mix & then the pineapple, ending with pineapple. Top with streusel...I like to make the topping first while the crust is baking then it has time to get a little hard so you can make up whatever size you like the crumbs. Bake it at 425 for 10 mins, then turn down to 325 & bake for 40 mins, but check after 30 just in case it seems to be darker than you'd like. Hope ya enjoy! I'm real lousy at giving directions for recipes, so I hope it turns out for you!

You may have heard about flooding in Minot, that's 80 mi. away from us. We don't have a river here, so really have no worries but have had a lot of rain. Today was a decent day, some sunshine anyhow. We'll see how much sun we get!

Had another eye appt today, doing good. The left eye is normal now, but the right is still not quite up to par so I go back yet again next week. After that I plan on not going again! It needs to be better, getting tired of wearing these glasses, want my contacts back!

You should be able to really enjoy your time off! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm hoping within the next 3 weeks oldest will be coming for my bday...it's the 5th. That would be a great present for me! I have a lot of plans of things to do while he's here, not a lot, but just able to spend time while he's here. I'm crossing fingers!

On Sunday, this is funny, we went to sister's for dinner & her neighbor across the street had gotten one of my pies & he let me know that I could now make him a rhubarb & juneberry pie. I had never had juneberries before, he gave me a bag of them to use for his pie! I guess they're a lot like blueberries, grow like mad in the valley I've heard & have a taste of almond to them. Huh. So I have more rhubarb & juneberries! Work cut out for me again!

Hope the rest of your work week goes well! Safe travels!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  11:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will definitely make the pie. Sounds simple, which is great for me. I made a peach pie Sunday. Premade crust of course. Why make the mess and have the hassle when the premade crusts are very good. Thanks for the recipe.

The rest of the week before I left was so hectic. The graduation party turned out very nice and my week away was wonderful. Totally relaxing at my sister's, which is what I wanted and what I got. My granddaughter had a ball playing with her grandson. They were exhausted at the end of the day and so were we! You know what that's like, a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old.

It's been extremely hot here. The heat index was 109 the other day. I hate that humidity.

Yes, I have heard about the flooding. Thank goodness you don't have that to worry about. Sounds horrible.

Do you have your glasses now? Hope so.

Hope your son made it there for your 'Happy Birthday' - today; right? Hope you have a wonderful, enjoyable day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  5:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to see you enjoyed your days off. Always good to get away for a bit isn't it?

Oldest isn't able to come yet, hopefully in a few weeks. I'll be saying that until I'm blue in the face I'm afraid! But I do hope he comes soon. And I hope that the waters have gone down so we're sble to go around Minot & hang out some. Kind of depressing to go do something like that when so many have nowhere to call home. Makes no sense.

Our 4th was fairly boring. Spent it at sis' place, mainly waiting for dark for the fireworks! How messed up is that?! I did make our homemade ice cream tho, that's something I always have to do.

Birthdays...well, I see 'em as just another day, which they are. Did the same ol every day thing, but I do have some kind of bug, a cold or something. I have never been sick that I can remember for my birthday but this year yes. Plus I have a real sharp pain in my left shoulder that runs down my back & it's killing me really. Driving me nuts. I go tomorrow to get yearly bloodwork done & next week I have an MRI done for headaches. Lovely, the joys of getting older!

I do have my contacts back, but I have to wear them a few hrs at a time, pace myself as it were. I over-did them on the 4th & they got pretty dried out. That was a big no-no.

Ooooh, a peach cobbler sounds good! Our neighbor in Colorado had a peach tree & we got a bunch of peaches & I made a bunch of peach stuff. Huge peaches too not these little tiny things you see, almost like a baking potato huge big! Yum. That sounds pretty tasty right now.

Last week the humidity was just awful, like being stuck in the shower & not being able to dry off. I hate that. When you walk outside from where it's cool & it's like you hit a brick wall, yuk. The week is half over tho! Look at it that way!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  1:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where did the time go? I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I checked in. Between work, the extreme heat - I don't have any energy at all. I finally started forcing myself to get back to the gym REGULARLY for water walking. It's helping. I know I have more energy when I workout. It's so easy to get lazy. Then there's work, and there's always some extra going on.

I made the pie from your receipe. Delicious!

Sorry your oldest wasn't able to get home. I hope by now he's made it though.

Our 4th was nothing extraordinary. My daughter worked. The kids and I messed around the house, did some 'water walking' and I made tacos. I've never made tacos for the 4th, but that's what sounded good. It was simply too darn hot to worry about BBQing. Then they did fireworks and I was eaten alive by mosquitoes. What fun!

I agree. B-days are just another day as we get older. What a pity. The fun of them like when we were kids is just gone.

Sorry about the headaches and pain in your shoulder. How did the MD visit go? The MRI? The bloodwork? Hopefully things are improving for you.

I haven't made peach cobbler yet. I wasn't happy with the peaches. So I'm waiting a week or 2. I did a little canning though. I've been saying I would do that for a couple of years. Finally did it. 5 jars of blueberry preserves, 5 jars of strawberry preserves, 5 jars of blackberry preserves. My grandson wants grape now, and I still want peach. I'd like to make applesauce in the fall and can it. I may do some pickles and some tomatoes too. I loved when my own kids were young. I had no choice then. My husband was a bricklayer. Had to feed those kids in the winter too - so I canned. Now it's on a very, very small scale and because I enjoy it. Some of life's changes are OK.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  5:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yesterday was the hottest so far this year, with the humidity, the heat index was I think 105 I want to say. Ugh. I woke to steam on the outside of my windows, nutsy. Walked outside with my sunglasses on & they fogged up as soon as I got out. Never saw anything like it before in my life! It's so bizarre.

So....the pie, it's kind of addicting isn't it?? I forgot to grab some more rhubarb today, I'll have to go run & do that. Kiddo forgot to remind me.

No, oldest won't make it this year after all. Good thing we went to see him after all when we went to Wy, those bad things that happen are for a good reason sometimes, besides seeing long-lost family. Who knows, maybe Christmas? But I highly doubt it. I'll believe it when he walks in the door, lets put it that way.

The MRI came back normal,knew it would. Bloodwork good, cholesterol is good except for the bad, it's high but overall it's pretty good so I don't know. My white blood count is low, whatever that means but over all I'm good. Shoulder is ok now, not real sure what I did on that at all. Kinda scary there for a bit really. Mom had a heart attack way before she had her bypass & they wrote it off as her pulling a muscle...it was her left shoulder, same as me. So I was getting nervous.

Our family never did any canning really. Every now & then Mom would make up some pickles or do some jelly here & there, but not a lot. My aunt would, they have a farm so that was one of her things. The blueberry sounds just yummy!!!

I went & got my hair cut today, looks decent again. I'll probably go hopefully again on the 12th, we're getting a family pic taken for free from our credit union that day so I figured I may as well go get my hair done that day & have it looking decent for a picture & I won't have to mess with it! I hate having to do hair. I swear if I were bald I would be one happy camper. Seriously.

Weekend is coming soon!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  5:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We are still under a heat advisory - through Thursday evening. I hate this. It's absolutely horrible.

Yep, delicious pie. I could eat the whole thing, and here I am doing everything I can to lose weight. Lost 2# last week. I'm working on it. I've been water walking a lot lately too. Can't do any other exercise, or I can't, because it's so darn hot.

Sorry your oldest won't make it home. That's tough for you. You can hope for Christmas. I would if I were you.

Glad the MRI came back normal and that you had a good report on the bloodwork.

I haven't done any more canning, but I intend to. I enjoy it. But then I'm doing it in small amounts. Sure wouldn't to have to do it anymore, or do large quantities.

I got my hair cut last week on Friday. I always feel better after a haircut. I don't like to mess with hair or make-up. I'm just not prissy at all. I want to look 'neat' and 'clean.' That satisfies me.

Schools will start here in a month. That's so hard to believe. Seems like the kids just finished. Well, they did just finish the end of May. Now it's time to register the little granddaughter tomorrow for kindergarten, and the oldest for college. Sheesh. Time flies.

Have a great rest of the week and a good weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  09:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had no idea I went all week & didn't check in! Geez! Busier than I thought I guess...

Kiddo & I were working out at hub's bosses lakefront property place installing the privacy slots in the chain link fencing he just had put up. I was included in the deal since I had to drive him out so what the heck. It was gorgeous out the whole time we did it, took 8 1/2 hrs total which isn't bad, did it in a day & half. Got burned the 1st day of course. Still paying for that now but not as bad. We're angels in the bosses eyes which is always a good thing isn't it??

And went to get kiddo's school stuff, ie clothes, football stuff, notebooks. Get all registered, he starts the 22nd, football the 15th. Not looking forward to it at all, imagine that. I was the same too. I only wanted to see who'd be in my classes is all. Could totally do without school!

We have our family picture taken next friday, I'll be glad for that. I haven't had our pictures taken since '06. I'm getting my hair trimmed that afternoon so I don't have to fix it, sneaky huh, plus it looks pretty decent too. I'm kinda excited for it!

Had my mammo yesterday. Holy crap do they squish ya! Only a man would think of such a way to do that testing! I saw a comic strip they'd posted of a new test for men, it's a mannogram, taken of their you-know-what. Geez, it's only fair!

Hope it's cooling down for you finally. Have a good weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  12:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My Oh My you guys are still here.Long time no talk to.Nice to see you two have kept up the page.Lots has happened since the last time I was on here.My dearest friend at work found out she had cancer in the one overy see had left,stage 4 grade 3 worst kind she could have got.She has been really sick and I really miss her.Talk to her lots on the phone but the dr. does'nt want many people around her because her blood cell count is so low and any little cold or bug could kill her.I really miss her hard to go to work with out her.Oh well life does go on just really hard sometimes.

Doc thinks I need 2 new knees I think he's full of crap,I just need mine to work better.

I have lots of new baby calfs had one Wed. night.Sure was hot for her the pastures are all most gone due to the hot weather and no rain.Finally got 3 in.Thurs.and almost 1 in.today.
I bought 2 little goats they think they are my dogs.I have somehow ended up with 2 more dogs that were throw aways one I think will make a good cow dog he has red healer and chow in him we started out on the goats and he sure can send them to there pen in a hurry.The other was a 6 week old shtz she is really sweet and everyone loves her she thinks everyone is her best friend.She spends all day with the goats when I get home she comes running and smells just like the goats so you have to have smelly goat dog kisses.

Glad to see you both are fine its getting late long day again Sat.so better get have a good weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  10:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!!! Holy crap!!!! I am sooo happy to have seen that you checked in with us again! We were soooooo worried about you, you have no idea! You'd better keep up with us now or we'll have to have a way to be able to keep tabs on you for damn sure!

I'm glad to hear you doing so well & hearing all the farm stories again, I missed them. I'll be willing to bet beb will too! Have you been doin ok then lately? Last we heard you had gotten a good kick in the noggin & had some good headaches.

Yay!! Harley's back!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use