New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  6:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley, hope you're able to check in with us before you head on out & have a safe trip!

It's been chilly but sunny here, lots of frost so hopefully it's putting an end to these damn allergies finally! Never thought I'd be glad for the cold to come but I am this year, I've heard it's supposed to be colder & wetter this year, so we'll see. Today I can see actually better so that's a big plus. I'll take any day like that!

Today & tomorrow kiddo has off & I have no kids so we're going to Minot tomorrow for the day to hang out & just get away for the day, be nice to do.

And beb, I know how you feel with the being down & all that, discouraged & whatever. I feel like I munch &/or graze too much or whatever, I haven't actually gained really but I feel out of control in a way with it sometimes, whether it be from stress, boredom, kids, whatever I make of it who knows. Life in general. It is what it is, hubby's favorite saying.

Speaking of, he really got to me the other day, I could have easily ripped him a new one. Most days I have no issues at all, he has a lot on his plate & I commend him & support him for all he's trying to do for the city & keeping us safe & blah blah blah. But.....don't ever ignore me when it comes to my asking something of you for our family. That's when I draw the line. We come before all this other bullcrap. We were here waaaay before all of this! Remember your priorities mister, just remember. Took a bit to cool off after that one. Was not a good nite sleep then, definitely. He heard about it the next day!

*Sigh* That was good to get off! Anyways, hope everyone has a good upcoming weekend & it can be decent out for all!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  6:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
these no's

Theresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Theresa, I'm not sure what you were posting, but welcome.

I guess harley's gone already. Be safe!

Jenjs, I laughed (even though it isn't funny at all) when I read your post about your husband. Men. It's just them. They tend to 'forget' so much. I know he's good. You've told of so many good things about him, and he's hard working. Good to your son. I understand where you were coming from. Family is first. They just get so 'caught up' in everything. Well, to tell you the truth women can do the same darn thing. I'm with you - family first.

Halloween came and went. Now it's T-giving in 3 short weeks! Yikes. That was fast.

Now that this darn cough is gone I'm trying to get back to exercising. As far as eating healthy, I've been doing OK. One thing I've noticed lately is that if I do eat something that isn't healthy, i.e. McDonald's is a prime example, I feel so full and uncomfortable, sluggish that it isn't worth it. That's great. Sometimes I get busy and it's so easy to run by fast food, pick something up for the kids. Well it isn't healthy for them either. One thing they both love is salads. Lucky for them. Lucky for me and their mom.

I've been buying a lot of apples too. It's that time of year. I buy a couple of this kind, couple of that kind. The honeycrisp are delicious, but they tend to be a little higher too.

Got to get back to work. Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  3:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey beb, I'm glad I got a snicker from you anyways! I tell ya, he really got the blood flowin that day. He almost did it again yesterday too & he about lost his head. Long story short...he was pulling a fast one on me to see my reaction & it was going to backfire on him. Good thing he came clean on it as fast as he did!

Cripes, 3 weeks til turkey, holy moly. I just brought up in passing the other day to hubs (when I actually saw him for my 3 minutes) that something was coming up in 3 weeks & he goes (real fast) I know, I know, our anniversary! So I said well yeah, but I was meaning turkey day but I'm surprised you remembered that! The only way he remembers is because it is around turkey day. And he isn't a big turkey fan.....

You bring up apples, have you had the asian pears? We call em papples, they're an apple/pear hybrid & sooo juicy & crunchy but sooooo damn expensive! A $1.50 a pop! So it's like yeah, eating a piece of gold or what?! But yummy, they are so good. I like braeburn & galas. I can't stand the red delish anymore. They used to be my faves, but they're always so mushy anymore I can't stand trying to take a bite.

I've been sooo lousy, haven't even looked at the tread for I'm not sure how long now. Sad actually. If I had any gumption I'd wake up a half hr sooner & do it right off the bat, I've said that for I don't know how long but I never do it. Part of it is because of the kids & I just don't feel up to it at all. Just lazy bones! Sorry excuse I know. Wish it'd stay nice so I could mow all year long & I'd be good. I love to do that!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  3:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Braeburns are delicious. I recently bought a couple of them too. I know what you mean about red delicious. They have been soft/mushy lately. I want something crisp.

I like turkey. T-giving is my favorite holiday. It's less stressful than most and it's the beginning of a happy time, or what's usually a happy time.

I have started shopping for the grandkids. They're reallty the only ones I buy for anymore. They're the most important ones. The little one's easy - Barbie dolls, crayons, construction paper, books, tea sets - you name it. The older one is getting more difficult. Everything is more expensive the older they get. But you know what. he goes out with his friends and they get pizza, or they go to the movies, or they go to Steak 'n Shake - gift certificates are perfect. Wrap up a couple T-shirts or something. He'll be thrilled. I just can't buy it all at once. Too expensive.

Wonder how Harley's doing. I hope OK and that we hear from her soon.

Another chuckle on your hubby. He better learn how to behave!

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  2:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I went to a new eye dr last week. Have severe dry eyes, again, so I'm having to use steroid drops, again, and use restasis now. I tell ya, that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! They want $186 for 2 packs & that's WITH insurance! Insane! What is going on that health stuff really has to be so expensive??? An honest answer would be super. Anyways, odds are I'll never be able to wear my contacts again. Yikes. I hate glasses, with a passion, that's why I got contacts. Had them for over 30 yrs now & have to go back to glasses? NOOOOO! Hubs had said something about having the lasix surgery done, but as bad as my dryness is, I don't think it'd be any good, honestly don't.

Yikes, in 2 wks from Thursday is turkey day already. And that Saturday is our 3rd anniversary. Doesn't seem like we've been doing this for 3 years already does it?? Has been!! A lot has happened during that time, a lot.

I have a couple things for Christmas, not much but a couple, small things. Not too sure how we'll make this year fly yet, have a lot we didn't expect that we paid for, namely hubs' oldest son came back to town & of course he footed the bill for him & it's a sore subject for me & long story & anyways, put a huge dent in things, so we'll have to see how it'll go. Can't believe it's coming soon. I go back to the eye dr a week before xmas too, so it will be fast!

I do hope harley is ok, when someone has doubts on their instincts it makes me shiver. I really hope we hear back from her soon. I don't want to have to go thru another waiting period again, that was just nerve-wracking!!!

Have you had the chicken gnocchi soup from olive garden? Oh man, I made up a batch the other day & had some left over for lunch. It is so rich & so creamy & so not that healthy for you but it's soooo tasty!! Every time we ever get to olive garden I have to have some, even if it's the only thing I have, which is probably a good thing....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  11:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm sure sorry about your eyes and the tremendous expense for meds. That's awful. I have glasses because I can't stand anything on my eyes - including drops. I hate glasses, but contacts would drive me nuts. Sorry about your eye problem.

I've been getting things for Christmas. I don't have a whole lot left to buy, but then I don't spend a lot. I bought a microwave for my GS. He has his room fixed up like a little apt. I bought him a mini fridge for his b-day. So this sort of 'completes' things. He'll be happy. It was on sale for $49. Finished!

I hope harley's doing OK too. I think she second guessed herself mainly because it's a long time to be away from home. I think she'll be fine as well as 'safe' but I'm sure she's going to miss her husband and her home - as well as all her critters! I think she'll be gone a couple more weeks too.

No, I haven't tried the chicken gnocchi soup. Do you have the recipe? I'd love it.

I lost 1/2# last week. Lost 1 1/2# the week before. I'm getting some weight off. Thank goodness!

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  2:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Lucky duck, how do ya lose that weight? I've been real lazy, I'm talkin REAL lazy! I just look at the tread, that's it. I do walk to the PO with the girls, but I'm afraid that's quickly coming to a stop. It's gettin awful chilly & snow is startin to fly. Ugh. Although since I've been on the topomax or something like that for the headaches I have lost 6#, tho it's gone up & down. I've heard people have lost a lot on this stuff, but I seriously doubt I will. As long as it gets rid of most of the headaches, I don't care!

As for the eyes, they are getting better. I hate the glasses with a passion, I miss my contacts. Hate it when I go inside & they fog up, drives me nuts. That's why 30+ yrs ago I went to contacts I hated the glasses so much. Now I'm stuck again. Man I hope he tells me I'm not stuck wearing them again. Hubs hopes I'm able to get lasix done, but I don't see how well that would be if the dryness messes it up anyways.

Almost a week away from turkey. Crioes! I'm already sick of Christmas commercials too & it really hasn't started yet. Lord have mercy.

I'll have to dig for the gnocchi recipe. Oh man it's good! Very rich of course & nothing light or really healthy-good-for-you stuff about it, just one of those yummy have to have every now & then things, like cheesecake! It'd be good to use turkey also for it instead of chicken. I'll definitely get it within the next few days here for ya. Have a great one!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  2:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'd love the recipe. Might be something I'll try with leftover turkey. I'm looking forward to the holiday, as it's my favorite. I love this time of year. But then I don't have snow like you do.

Wonder how harley's doing. I hope she's adjusted to being gone, and on the other hand counting the days to return home to hubby, farm and critters.

I have a lot of the shopping for Christmas finished. I really should start wrapping now. It's what I hate the most. I have never enjoyed wrapping presents.

Lunch time is over. Better get back to work. Just wanted to sneak and say 'hi.'

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, lets see if my copy thing will work for the recipe here:

1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 quart half and half
1 14 ounces can of chicken broth
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup carrots, finely shredded
1 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoons extra virgin oil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan cheeses is optional
1 pound potato gnocchi you can buy this in the gourmet section of many supermarkets
Instructions
Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent. Add the flour and make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a minute before adding 1 quart of half and half.

Cook gnocchi according to package directions.

Into the roux, add in the carrots and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and seasoning;, simmer until soup is heated through.

Yes! Amazing! But, I would definitely use the leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken, gives it better flavor definitely. I always double it excpet for the gnocchi, carrots & onion, too much onion is just too much for me but it's to everyone's taste. Hope ya like it! Let me know if you give it a whirl & what you think.

We are getting an almost blizzard as I write! It is definitely here for 6 months. Ugh. For Christmas, yes, I love it. Any other time, no. Kiddo better get himself a ride home today, he's been so stubborn about doing that, he really has to today. Not walkin weather at all. And there's a big storm coming this weekend maybe, big chance of getting dumped on. Sick. And of course I need to do my shopping & have to go 45 mi to do it. This little town crap really bites! Man, you should see it, it's blowing straight out of the east, which is weird but it's straight, not sideways but straight across. Sure looks like Christmas!

Wish I was done with shopping. Not even close. Maybe in a few weeks, if I'm lucky. I hate to shop! And wrap, that is such a big downfall there, not a big frilly wrapper at all. I can barely do that!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  1:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks so much for the recipe. I want to try it with the leftover turkey. Sounds delicious to me. I don't care for cooked spinach, but I'll work around that. The rest of it - terrific. I'll let you know.

You're getting hit heavy with snow already. It's too early for us here. The 'forecast' as of September was that we'd have snow for T-giving. Now it looks like it will be a gorgeous day. Nice temps for taking a walk. Sounds good to me.

It would be tough, impossible for me at least, to take little ones out in bad weather. I'm not up to fighting that anymore. No way.

Like you I hate to wrap. I don't wrap frilly either. I like it, like to see it all pretty. But not if I'm the one doing it.

I have everything at home for Thursday. I did that shopping on Friday. I'm letting the turkey thaw in the fridge, like I usually do. I just love this holiday. Christmas programs have been on television for weeks now. I love the movies, but it seems so early.

In case I don't get to stop back in before I leave on Wednesday, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, jenjs. Harley, I don't think you'll be home for this holiday - but you too!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  3:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good luck with the soup! I'm not big on spinach either, I like it in theirs but I don't put it in mine so skip it if you wish. It's not a big taste changer anyways. But oh, you're gonna love it! 5# more, here we come! I did my shopping on Saturday, super early mind you, beore 9. I always make a point to go before everyone & their dog gets out. I have to make up rolls & pies still this week, probably tomorrow afternoon.

Also tomorrow I go to get my hair really pro cut & colored. Hubs got tired of my whining about how I hated my hair & made me an appt with the gal in town that owns the shop (he knows who it is, a perk of being a commish). I consider that my anniversary present, that's not a cheap fix, knowing she'll have to do a lot of work since the last gal that cut my hair really messed it up. (ann is Sat) So we will see how things turn out after that! I have a feeling he won't be too happy....she's gonna have to go shorter than he'd like but it's pretty messed up. It does grow, he has to keep that in mind.

Lucky duck, no snow for you! Wish we were so lucky. It was already -2 this morning, so it's gonna be a long cold winter, it's not even winter yet. UGH! The only part I hate about taking the girls outside right now is putting all of the crap on & off. Think of the poor kid from "Christmas Story" movie, the little brother, with his snow suit. Yup, pretty dang close! But when the baby is here we don't do the outside thing. Nope, not when it's so dang cold & getting so much snow. When it was decent & nice we'd all walk & take the stroller. Not til May now. That's the real bummer.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! When you're able to have a nice walk that day think of me & wish I was there too!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  4:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow. It's been a week since I cooked that bird. Unbelievable. Time is slipping away. Had a wonderful holiday and 4-day weekend. Absolutely wonderful. I hope you and your family had a great holiday too.

Walk. It was a short walk. I was tired by the end of the day. I played with my little off and on and cooked off and on, then ate, cleaned that up and was ready to crash. But I loved every minute of it. Terrific.

Wonder how harley did on the holiday not being home. At least I'm sure she didn't make it home by then. Soon now she should return - if I have my dates figured out right. I should go back and look at the threads. Lazy. That's me!

I didn't get the soup made yet. I have the recipe but I guessed pretty good on that turkey because there wasn't a whole lot left after eating it another day or so. I thought there would be, but it went quick. So I'll make it with chicken.

I'm taking the week off between Christmas and New Years. I haven't done that in years, and so I'm looking forward to it. On 12/16 I'm taking off (a Friday) to go to a holiday concert at Powell Symphony Hall in St. Louis. It's a gorgeous place. Just being there is a treat, and the music will make it wonderful. Looking forward to different things during the holidays.

No snow yet. Flurries are predicted for the weekend. We'll see.

Have a terrific weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  4:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey, jenjs. I just had to go back and check on harley. She was said she was taking a 'the following week' off/vacation 10/11. Said she'd work the following week, and then leave and be gone for a month. So I'm guessing she left sometime Halloween week. I think she should be coming home or just did arrive home. I hope we hear from her soon. It'll take her awhile to get back to us. I hope she does check in with us!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  2:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad the holiday went well! Why is it time off always seems to go faster than working days?? I swear, Thanksgiving day just flew right by! And warm....man, I had all the windows open, it was 50 that day, very odd for here, definitely. I had to open them anyways, it always gets so warm while cooking but smells soooo yummy! Hey, don't feel bad, my turkey lasted one extra day is it. Lucky to have had that, but I got a 13# only, not a humunguloid bird (made up word there!).

This weekend I'll put up the tree. Next weekend will be the start of my off time, with mom's & baby passing so it definitely isn't a jolly time for me then. Even if I keep busy my mind is still centered on that. Kinda hard when it's a holiday & reminders are all over anyways.

I have started wrapping so there's some stuff for under the tree. Have the ones ready to ship off for oldest, but I need to bake up his goodies first, I'm trying to do that this weekend so I can ship it off next week, before it gets too busy. He'll like having some goodies to munch, specially homemade!

The concert sounds so neat! Wish there was somewhere around here that was like that to go to. When we were pretty little I remember Mom taking younger sis & I to see the Living Christmas Tree & The Nutcracker in Sacramento. I can still see the living tree in my mind, it was so cool, for such a small one to see. Had to have been what, 4 or 5, something like that.

I hope harley does check in sometime soon. Cripes, it was hard not to hear from her for so long, now if that happens again....I'm really going to be worried! She felt so off to begin with about the whole trip, I hope it all went well. I'll be so excited to see a post from her!!! That would be a very good Christmas present.

We had a skiff of snow the other day & it's almost gone already. This is just odd. This time last year we had over a foot & more barrelling in! (is that with 2 r's & l's?) The city had planned to do all kinds of stuff to so with snow to kick off the Christmas season this weekend & ha....no snow! I think it's funny. "Never put your eggs all in one basket" Well, they did!

Have a good weekend too!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  1:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you had a good holiday too. I didn't buy a big bird either.

This Saturday is Breakfast with Santa for me and the little one. The University that is only about 11 miles away has a play for children that day. If we can fit it in, I want to take her to that too. It's 'The Elves and the Shoemaker.' I want to see it!

harley, I hope you're home and that you check in real, real, real soon.

Did your cookies/goodies baked yet? Mailing and packing takes so much time. It has to be done early too. I have a package that needs to be mailed next week! The time is just going way, way too fast for me.

I'm behind at work again. Somehow just when I think everything's under control it gets out of control real fast. I worked at our St. Louis office yesterday, meetings. That puts me back one day at least. I'm happy to be busy. The days fly by here at work. The evenings and weekends go even quicker!

I do remember this is a tough time for you. Holidays are tough on their own when we've losts someone we love, much less to have the anniversary of the death so close to the holiday. I'm sorry. I hope with each year it gets just a little easier.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  3:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do have most of the baking done for the packing up. Hopefully it'll be totally done today & I can ship it off tomorrow, latest by Saturday. I had told him I was about ready to send it all to him & he was like already?? Well, it is almost the half way mark next week. It does go fast.

Today isn't a good day, I'm just way off myself. Been snapping at the girls & that just isn't me. It's just a show of what's to come I'm guessing. Be best to keep me away from everyone come Saturday, even better thru Thursday but that's not possible! Wish I could crawl under a rock, I really do. I hate it when I'm so snappy at everyone, specially the little ones. They have no idea. Plus I had dreams that made me very uneasy last night yet happy at the same time. Ever get those? One second is great & then the next it's just so unnerving I still am not feeling right. And it's almost 3pm!

I hope we can hear from harley before Christmas. That would make a nice present! I'm sure she'd be glad to be back for that.

Have fun this weekend! Gonna be a cold one here...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  10:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, hope you're feeling better. I can't imagine what it's like for you. I know what it's like to lose parents, and a brother at a young age. But that isn't the same as what you're suffering. Just hug the little ones and that son of yours! Hang in there.

I haven't started baking yet. I've had great plans, and then I get busy with other things. Now I'm down to the wire! I have to do something over the weekend.

Been extremely busy here at work. Year end work. I'm taking Friday off to goof off. I'll work next week, and then I'm off the last week of the year. Haven't done that in years, but decided I will do it this year. Friday I'm going to a holiday concert and out to dinner with friends. So I'll have a full day of it. Can't wait.

I believe harley's back by now. I sure wish she'd check in.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  4:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, been pretty good the past couple days. Not exactly sure why, tomorrow will be hard, but I must have had most of it get out of my system last week. Doesn't matter who you lose in the family, they all have that place in your heart. It's just that it was right after the other & bam, then the holiday. Very bah-humbug that year. Didn't help losing Dad just a few months before. That was the most depressing year I ever have had & Lord knows I never want that ever again!!!

Got oldest's pkg out on Fri & he got it yesterday. I was shocked! Asked him if it was all mashed & destroyed & he said it was in excellent shape. So that made me a happy camper. Just wish he could be here for it all. His 24th bday is New Yrs Eve, fun nite that was for me....not! But he has an excellent day for it doesn't he?? Would love it if he were here.

I actually have been baking with one of the little ones. Wouldn't be able to do it well with two. They would argue too much, they are waaay too much like sisters! Anyhoo, she loves being able to do that with me, it's a special thing just we two can do. Plus she's able to do any licking of bowls & all that good stuff so it's a bonus.

Have an excellent time this Friday! Sounds like too much fun. I have my eye appt in Minot that day, get em checked up, hopefully I can start wearing my contacts again. These glasses I really hate. If I wanted to stay with glasses I would have stuck with them 30+ yrs ago. I'm having kiddo come with me to get his driving permit, we'll see how he does. He'd flunked it last time, told him he needs to buckle down & study hard. Better pass it now!

It's been cloudy, dreary the past few days but a few sprinkles of snow here & there & the trees have that pretty frost on them. Really has that Christmas-y look outside. Maybe that's why I'm in a sunnier mood. Doesn't make much sense does it? But I'll take it! So much better than how it was last week, much much better.

I too hope harley can say hi soon, give us a nice present for Christmas!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  5:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
harley, where are you??? I'm sure you're home by now. jenjs and I have been worried about you.

Friday was wonderful. Powell Symphony Hall was absolutely gorgeous and the music was fantastic. Even Santa came! Perfect day. Totally relaxing. No one to worry about except me. My friend loved it too.

It's been extremely busy at work. Every day I'm getting more and more work. That's what tends to happen if I'm going be gone for more than a day. So I am absolutely exhausted. That's OK. As of Friday around noon or no later than 2 I'm outta here until 1/3/12. Alleluia!!

Glad you got the package off and have been getting some baking in also. I haven't made it that far yet. I have had every intention of baking, but I'm exhausted at night. The weekends have been full, but enjoyable. Gosh, what am I worried about? I still have 3 days!

I hope you do get to wear your contacts again soon. I can't do it, but I wish I could. Cannot stand anything on my eyes, including drops.

We have 'light snow' predicted for Saturday. It would make the holiday perfect, but that's only if it's 'light snow.' Way too many people are traveling this time of year. Much more than 'light' would make it dangerous.

I have to get back to work. Just wanted to check in and say hello and Merry Christmas. I probably won't be able to check back in until after the new year.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use