New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  6:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Merry Christmas & happy 2012 to you! Hopefully you will be able to check in quickly to peek in & just have a look before you leave for the holidays. Hope you have a great one no matter what!

Hubs just stopped in & gave me a huge surprise....he got a HUGE bonus from work, talkin monsterous. Would have never expected that. Gave me quite a lift! And him too! Course Uncle Sam takes a huge chunk also but they have to get in on the festivities too right? But....I get a new dining room set for Christmas! He'd asked & that is what I shall receive. What a sweetheart. He works so hard for that too tho. I am so proud of him! He deserves every penny, and then some. Plus....am able to get oldest a replacement laptop he was needing more than anything, so that is an unexpected present he doesn't know is coming. That is the fun part of Christmas!

Oh man, I wish I could wear my contacts. I hate the glasses soooooo much. They really are starting to annoy me!

I better get going on doing a few last minute things here before it starts getting too late here! I do hope you're able to check in to see I wish you a very Merry Christmas & harley, I hope you can too!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Didn't make it back in. WOW!!!!!!! What a terrific surprise. I'm sure he does deserve a good bonus + + + from what you've told us. He sounds like such a hard worker. It's nice to know it paid off, and that someone noticed it and appreciates it - besides you. Good for him, you and your son who gets the laptop. Great news.

We had a good Christmas and New Years. The weather wasn't cold. It was gorgeous, but it wasn't really 'seasonal.'

I got a surprise for Christmas too. 3 of my bosses are giving me a 10-day trip to Israel. They said 'if you want to go.' Remember - they're Jewish. Going to Israel is just something they do, and many of them live there. I've said I'd love to go. I can't imagine what it's like, what it will be like to walk on holy grounds. They said they realize that many people are afraid to go there due to Israel's 'neighboring' countries. Not nice people. I'm a little afraid, but not so afraid that I'd say 'no' send me somewhere else. My friend who went to Germany with me wants to go, but she is afraid. She said she'll 'probably' go. I hope she does. If not, I'm fine on my own. it's with a Catholic tour company that I went to Rome with years ago. No problem going with them.

We both had great holidays. Now if harley would check back in with us. Got to get back to work. 10 days off sure makes work pile up.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  6:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey beb...that is AMAZING!! What a gift to receive! SO awesome, I'd love to be able to go on a trip like that. True, it may be a bit risky, but all of life is isn't it? What good is it if we can't enjoy these things that come at us so unexpectedly? What an adventure! You lucky girl!

Yup, my hubs is a very hard worker & I'm so thankful someone finally had the sight to see it. Now he has to keep the sense to keep this terrific job & stay put! Which I'm sure he will with the sights he has set for himself. Can't really do it if you keep floating all over the place. Guess that means I really have to get used to this cold crap! Ugh....

We are to hit 50 tomorrow! Unheard of for ND in January! It actually scares me of what's to come, it really does. Very uneasy.

Tomorrow's Thursday, I like these short weeks! Hoo-rah!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  09:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Decided to take a minute and check in real quick. I keep hoping harley will let us know she's home, she's OK, she's very busy . . . Come on harley!

I know what you mean about the weather scaring you. It's getting up to 60 here today, and it was upper 50's yesterday. That's abnormal. We definitely don't normally have weather like you do in ND here in IL. BUT this is not normal. Like you I wonder: Oh, boy, what's coming!

I have the paperwork to renew my passport ready to mail today. My current passport is up 5/2/12. So I have to renew it. Had to get my picture taken for it. Those pictures are as horrible as the ones on the driver's license. Yuck! I am excited. The waiting and planning for November is so exciting. Something to look forward to.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  3:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We actaully got up to 54 yesterday, insane. All insane. I swear something's gonna happen. I really don't want to be around when the other shoe drops! Ugh! That has to mean the rest of winter & spring is going to be nasty, I just know it.

Harley best pop in here pretty damn quick or I'll be gettin in a big toot all over again. What is it with this gal anyhoos?? Doesn't she know she gets our BP up when we don't hear a peep out of her? Worse than having a teen! Sheesh!

Speaking of teen, did I tell ya kiddo got his learners permit right before Christmas? Yup, he can now drive with us there in the car. He doesn't like doing it too often right now but I'm sure that'll change the more he's used to it. Yikes!

If time does the quick travel it has been the past few yrs, it'll be November here already in a flash. And we just got done with it didn't we?? Holy cow!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  5:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Permit. Oh, boy. You are so right. He'll get over that fear soon and be ready to take the car out on his own. There goes the little bit of sleep you get!

With my daughter working nights, I lose some sleep too and my GS is such a good kid. I like to be awake though to make sure he isn't crawling in - that he's walking in, not tipsy, not stoned . . . Can't help it. I think it's good for them to know we're watching, caring, concerned. I just shouldn't have to be doing this again.

The years go so quickly though. You know that though with your oldest one. How are the kids you babysit? Still enjoying them? I'll bet you can't wait for good weather to get them outside. Kids love it outside. I know my GD is at her best when she can get outside and play with the neighbor girl.

Yep, harley best get her buns in here and quick. we told her before how worried we get.

Take care. Have a good weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  5:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Kids just got picked up for the day & I have a sec to catch up here...I'm liking watching them really. Right now I have just 2. One is home with her mom, mom is pregnant & having some spotting problems so she's on bed rest for the next month so it's kinda quiet with her gone! She's the, umm how do I say it nicely, bratty one? That is saying it nice! Honestly, you can see the kind of person the kid is going to be when they turn older & I tell ya, I feel for these parents! They are gonna have the time of their lives with this one. Spoiled isn't the word exactly. At my last daycare job we would watch the kids & we could see how they would grow up, what they would grow into as adults. You may not think so, but it's true. Actually kinda scary!

Yup, as for the kiddo, soon he'll want to be able to go to the store, school, wherever. But as for going on the highway, not around here, not with all of the trucks around. A lot of them don't give a damn as to who or what is driving & that is very scary. A majority I would say are decent guys, but a lot of them are rookies out for the buck & want to drive as fast as possible to make as much money as possible & who cares who gets in the way. A lot of people have died within the last 3 yrs alone since this boom has really taken off & it has a lot to do with the truckers, sad to say.

And sorry that you're having to go thru all of the late nites again with a teen! It does help when they are good kids, but it still doesn't help to cut the stress of it really, not in the heart. I've been sooo blessed to have such good boys, cross fingers & knock on wood! Honestly the only time I remember stressing out even a tiny bit with the oldest was when he'd gone to jr. prom & of course he'd stayed out all nite & I didn't hear from him til like the next afternoon. I was beside myself. But that was the only time, never any problems, ever.

Tomorrow's Friday! Yay! The hubby has the Christmas party for the city that we have to go to tomorrow nite so that should be interesting. When he said there would be like maybe 30 people there I said what??? Here I'm expecting maybe 120 or so, not 30! Oh well, we'll see. It's also the retirement party for the chief of police, he's a really nice guy, I like him a lot. Good thing he's at least sticking around town for awhile to help out otherwise the force would be pretty messed up.

You too have a great weekend & maybe soon we'll hear a peep from harley?? Maybe?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  3:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had a 3 day weekend. Love them. Took off yesterday.

The snow from last Thursday is gone. We had a tornado watch last night!! Severe winds, storms, rain and hail at 5 AM this morning. It was 44 when I left for work and now it's down to 32 and windy. Feels colder due to that wind blowing over wet ground. This is so strange, and it scares me when it gets like this.

I agree with you on kids. They definitely just tend to be whatever they are as youngsters even 'more so' as adults. My granddaughter can be a real handful! She definitely has a mind of her own, but when I've got her I just tell her: If you want to be 'friends' and you want to have fun, you have to mind me. Grandma's boss! She usually turns it around and we're fine then. She's extremely loving and kind. Just bull headed.

Harley, harley, harley. Where in the world are you????

Hope the party was fun with lots of goodies. Does you good to get out. I would be happy that it was 30 rather than 120. I like smaller crowds.

Since I took yesterday off, I'm really behind. So I'd better get back to work. Just wanted to check in to see how things are going. Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2012 :  3:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh this weather is annoying! It's -15 outside yet the sun is bright & shining, I hate it when it's deceiving like that. They call for it to get to around -25 tonite with wind temps of close to -50, ugh. I'd gladly take your 32 temp!!!! Then it'd be almost 50 degrees warmer!! It is winter I'm afraid. By weekend it should be back to the 20s, I'll take that. Anything above zero for cripes sake....

Have you read of the missing teacher from Montana? That's maybe 90 mi. from here. They have the guys in custody in Williston, that's where I go to shop. Sickos. They know exactly where she is, why wouldn't they tell? They may not get the chair then, for sure I'd give it to them for not telling, bastards. Sorry, but people like that need to be treated the same way they treated their poor victims. If they tortured, do the same. It makes sense to me. I'm tired of these guys that keep going thru the system, that's my ex. Some day it'll be him y'all read about. Makes me sick how they know how to work it all.

The party was good. Kinda boring actually! With a room full of cops no one really does much of anything! I'm with you, not much for a lot of people. Smaller the better.

The small one is starting to scoot around on her butt, so I'm guessing soon she'll be starting to crawl. Before ya know it she'll be walking! She has her bottom teeth trying to come in & the top ones are just now popping out, the cute stuff. Drool city! Bib on all day. I love sitting & watching her check stuff out.

Roar! I hate the heat constantly running it seems like! Next bill is not gonna be a pretty one. Come on spring....tonite's going to be really bad....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  1:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, how I love Fridays.

What a fun time we had Wednesday evening. My daughter told me quietly to come into the sunroom. I went and there was a big doe coming into our yard from our neighbor on the left. Beautiful creature. Then another one came, then a buck came, then a young one came 'hopping/running' into the yard and then a baby! We had 5 of them. Grandson was at work, but my daughter, granddaughter and Tucker (Brittany) and I watched very quietly. This went on for almost 10 mins. I couldn't believe it. The little one was eating needles from a Scotch pine tree and watching us - kept looking at the windows. Abby waved to her. Then the doe took off to the neighbor's on the right, eventually the others followed. 4 of them then returned to the woods but the little one just kind of sauntered around, just like a little kid would do. Pretty soon the buck came out and chased the little one into the woods. It was beautiful. Tickled me too that the little one had to be 'chased home.' What fun to see so much life right there in the backyard.

I don't want to change temps with you. It was 17 Wednesday night. Warmed up to 30 yesterday, back down to 18 last night. We have a 'wintery mix' predicted for this afternoon. So I stopped by the store for just a couple of things I wanted this morning before work. I love Greek yogurt and I'm out of it. Picked some up and a loaf of bread and cold medicine for my GD. She's got the 'sniffles.' Actually I went this morning because I thought I just might get a call to pick her up from school. My grandson has his mom's car at school today. So there wouldn't be a car for my daughter to pick the little one up. All of this is keeping me young; right????

Where are you harley! Get back in here and let us know you're OK at least.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  3:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That takes me back to the folks' place they had in Cody & all the deer they always had in their backyard. The whole town has deer all over the place, it's so bad actually that the city has to figure out ways to take care of them, what is best & so forth. No one wants to hurt them of course. Dad always had a mama & her babies sleep in the backyard next to the bathroom right under the window, under the cedar tree. The grass was so layed down from them constantly laying there it hadn't grown right in I don't know how long. But they always knew when we'd start to watch because they'd run off, then wouldn't come back til after dark. Could do it for hrs tho if they'd give us a chance! They love the crabapple trees in the back especially.

Aaawww, c'mon, change temps, please? At least today it's hit 1 above!!! Heatwave! Like in the 1st Grumpy Old Men movie where they play "We're Havin a Heat Wave" at the beginning, that's what it is here. Tomorrow will be almost 30.....whoo-hoo!!!

Actually, with what you're doing for your gkids, I do believe it does keep you younger. My aunt, Mom's oldest sister, is 85 & doesn't look past 72, if that & she had her youngest at 44, I want to say, close to that. She didn't retire from her job she had at an atty. office (HA!) til what, almost 6 or 7 yrs ago I want to say. She worked forever! And loved every minure of it. But now, I do worry, my uncle passed last May & she's alone at the farmstead. The kids worry too of course, but she'll decide what's best for herself, she's pretty smart about things that way. So yes, all in all these little critters do keep us young I think. I'm thinking that's why I like having these little ones here.

Speaking of, naptime must be over, I'm hearing some noises in the other room. You too have a great weekend! Keep warm...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  3:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The end of a week, nearing the end of the first month of a new year. Whew!

My grandma retired at age 80. She was a dental assistant. She loved it. Walked through her backyard, into the next yard and was at the 'office' since he worked out of his home. Small town. She was healthy. Lived to be 103. Amazing. So maybe you've got something there. I'll look at it now as 'age enhancement.'

You're really into some cold weather. I won't complain. We really haven't had much cold this year, unlike last year. It's been raining for 3 days now. But it could worse. Just think if it was snow!

So you had deer all the time as a kid. I love them. We rarely get to sit and watch beyond seeing them. They spook easily. How neat that you knew right where they'd been sleeping. I love nature.

My niece and I are Janet Evanovich fans. Her first movie of one of her books is out "One for the Money." We're going tomorrow evening. Can't wait. They're great books. I just laugh and laugh when I read them.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  3:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Friday!! Glad to see it! Just wish it was summer or somethin....

Tho it isn't below zero temps now, it helps. But I'm ready for warm! I have Raynaud's I found out, so winter really gets to me & I'm getting to the point to where I really should find some gloves to wear for inside, pretty pathetic if you ask me! Now that makes me feel like an old lady, wearing gloves. Heck, thought that was neat wearing them for Easter, now....not so much! We had freezing rain again the other day.

I do miss the deer, they're a kick to watch, when you're lucky enough to do it. They are skittish boogers for sure, which is why it's so strange to see them in town all over the place there in Cody. They sure like to drive the dogs nuts, I think they get a kick out of that!

Right now I'm reading, or trying to read, Through My Eyes, about Tim Tebow. The QB for the Denver Broncos, you've probably heard about him the past couple months. I haven't been able to get into it much yet. I like knowing there's someone out there my oldest's age & isn't afraid to let people know he's all about God & Jesus & has the faith & he's not a nut job about it if you know what I mean. Very interesting.

I have 2 sick little ones today & one is about to go, so I best head on out. Have a great weekend & stay warm!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  2:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Tuesday. It's sunny here, and it's been in the 50's, yesterday 60's. Just too weird!

I don't know about Raynaud's. I'll have to 'google' that and find out what it's about. I'm guessing circulation, since you're telling me about your hands being cold. I know what you mean - hats and gloves for Easter morning. I thought I was hot stuff. I still like hats, but most people don't wear them. So if you do you get looked at like you're odd. The good thing is that the older I get the less I care what other people think of me. Isn't it great??!

I've read about Tim Tebow. He's amazing. He's wonderful. I know what you mean. I honestly do. It's about time someone stood up - someone well known that is - and let people know they are spiritual. They have a deep faith and believe in God/Jesus. He's a 'macho man' which makes it even better. This big hulk of a football player can stand up and not be concerned what anyone else thinks of his belief. It is interesting. No, he isn't a nut job. I know what you mean there also. He's sincere. It's straight from the heart.

So you have a sick little one. It's hard when they're little like that, not that it gets easier as they get older. You always worry, but they can do more for themselves as they grow up.

Hopefully everyone's well at your house, meaning your family.

Come on harley!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Half way there....good thing. The girls got me sick! One of em had a double ear infection plus bronchitis & the other has a bad cold. Ugh. So I'm trying to get some rest...HA...easier said than done. My right ear I think may have an infection, it keeps acting all plugged up, but it doesn't hurt or anything. Weird. You know how sometimes it gets after swimming, like a bunch of water is built up & it just won't come out? Been like that for days, when I lay down I can feel it plug right up & can't hear! So weird. The poor baby sounds like she smokes her cough is that bad, her little face turns beet red. Ugh. Come on summer!!! I want to open up windows!!! At least I'm the only one at the house sick, none of the guys are. Tho my kiddo keeps saying his stomach is being weird, acting like he's going to get sick but it goes away. Not too sure on that one.

You know, I'd wear hats all the time, I wouldn't care. I actually wear a baseball hat at least 3-4 times a week, that's only because I'm so lazy I don't like doing my hair. Plus I'm trying not to further damage it, after really doing a number on it last summer. Still not up to par, probably never will be. Anyhoos, hats! I was told many times by many people that I'm a good hat person. No matter what the hat is, cowboy, baseball, fancy, whatever, I look good in hats. That's fine with me! If it covers the hair & I don't have to mess with it, I'm all for it. I'd actually prefer to be bald, seriously. So if there were ever a day when I'd have to shave my head, I'd be doin a happy dance!!

That harley better be poppin her head on in here soon. Sheesh, so glad to have had her back & off she goes again! What are we gonna do with her??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry you're not feeling so great. The poor baby who is sick - it's so hard when they're so little. Totally helpless and dependent on you. Kind of frightening, such a responsibility. Hopefully it's working it's way out of her system though.

My GD has complained of her stomach off and on. Yet, she isn't sick. That is weird. She eats, sleeps, goes to school and all of a sudden will say 'My tummy hurts.' After a minute, off she goes playing again. I kinda thought it was sinus drainage, but that's stopped too. You know how sometimes that drainage gets in your stomach and feels like a knot - or at least that's my description of it.

Tomorrow I get a haircut. Aleluia. I sure need one. I do like hats. My sil wears a baseball cap often. I don't like to primp at all - hair, make-up, nothing. I guess I've gotten lazy with it. My hair's permed and in soft curls. Suits me fine.

I'm so ready for spring. Today it's sunny here, temp is in the 50's, but that's not right. We have rain heading in for the weekend. This is not normal February weather at all.

Harley, harley. Where are you GF???????

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  3:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ugh, I'm ready for this cold crap to go away! I don't want the vicious circle of it staying around all the girls, and us, thru May, since it's cold & can't open everything up. I spray the house like it's getting fumigated, which could actually be worse so I don't do it a lot. But man, is it getting old! Plus it'd be nice to hear normally again.
I don't like dealing with stomach issues. I had gallstones 6 weeks after oldest was born & had to have surgery the old fashioned way, meaning opened up 4 in. to get it out, not the fancy scope way these days. Plus I'd had a c-section having him, so I definitely am not big on stomach issues. Kiddo hasn't said anything the past 2 days on his, so hopefully it's done & over with.

I was reading how back east that some of the cherry blossoms are starting to bud & it's getting into the 70s in some spots. Holy moly! That would be waaaay bad, I know we're not even close to being done with winter & I'd hate to not see any flowers bloom for the fruit trees & lilacs & whatnot. Ugh, what kind of year is this going to be??! A swealtering summer or a damp cool one? Who knows anymore! We were almost 50 on Monday, not normal by any means for ND! Specially in January for cripes sake.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. Hope everyone's feeling better now - you, son, hubby, girls. This time of year you just seem to keep 'sharing' it. The good and the bad. I don't like that stomach business either. Another friend of mine got sick last Friday, Tuesday I heard from her and she had lost 5# in those few days!! She still isn't up to par as far as keeping anything down. She said she 'just isn't hungry.' So she's being going with hot tea, broths, jello, lots of liquids in order to stay hydrated. That's the worry with stomach viruses.

I too had read about a lot of things blooming early. That's bad too. It isn't over and everything will freeze and we'll have a not so pretty spring.

It's getting colder here again. We even had a dusting of snow Wednesday AM. Didn't last, of course, but it comes after a week of 60+ degree temps, in Jan/Feb. So strange. I hope it isn't a hot, humid summer like last year. That was so darn miserable.

It's almost TGIF. The weeks certainly do go fast. I'm ready to get outdoors again. But it won't be this weekend. The temps are dropping to the 20's. That a bit much for me. But the dog does need walked. He's gaining weight from not getting out enough. That means my rear end isn't getting smaller either. Now that's serious! Time to get back on track with working out. I got out of the habit during the holidays - rush here, do this, do that, rush there . . . So easy to get off track, but it's so hard to get back on track.

Have a great weekend and be well!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, mine is starting to finally go away, kinda. But now hubs has it of course & you know how men are. He's such a baby & I told him it's just a cold but he HAD to run to the dr & he told him the same thing! He's worse than the 3 girls sick put together. Anyhoos, he had pretty much forced (I know this man, he's a huge whiner) the poor dr to write a script for antibiotic for it. I said did he actually say you needed it & he said to wait a week. Did he? Hell no! He took it as soon as he got home! Dumbass, sorry but true! I really hate the antibiotics for everything & he just dismisses my opinions like it's stupid, which pisses me off even more. If it's so dumb, why do you ask me for it all the time then? Roar!!! Can you tell I wish he were at work??!!!! My ears are still plugged, but they are starting to open up every now & then so that's a plus. It's slooooowly going away...

We were at -10 this AM & it's now 3 above. Heatwave. Now this is normal! For around here anyways. Sure doesn't make for good walking or anything. Haven't done that for eons, so don't feel so bad. I can't wait for spring so I can get these screaming kiddos out of here & outside where they can get some air!

Oh, I did have my jaw drop this morning tho, I have to share. Hubs had a meeting down at city hall, it's only a block away, right. He usually drives, he drives all over, all the time, even there. Well, he said he was walking. I kid you not! I died! I started this uncontrollable laughing & the girls couldn't figure out what I was laughing at. Too rich! THAT I had to share.

Keep toasty this weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  11:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where did last week go??? I can't believe a week has gone by already.

Funny story about your DH. Yes, men are such babies. It's always worse for them. Good chuckle on his walking to the meeting 'a block away.' Well, duh. He should do it all the time. Save the darn gas money. Unbelievable. Men.

It's beautiful here this AM. It's around 34, which isn't really bad. Cool. But it isn't frigid weather.

I've lost another 1.5#. I'm thankful for that. Slowly but surely it's going.

I was hoping to find a post from harley. Guess she's going to make us wait awhile.

Have a terrific week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use