New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  5:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a weekend. Had a great time, and it went to fast. I expected that.

Jenjs, glad the MD says you're OK, nothing unusual. Yet, like you, if it continues I'd find second else to see for a second opinion.

harley, great to see you. I'm with jenjs. I'd be a little afraid to leave so quickly after returning to work. You make it sound like 'You're going to Brazil or . . . .' Is that the case? You really don't have a choice? Sounds like it. But if you don't feel 100% up to it, I'll bet you could get a doctor's note to keep you close to home. Just something to think about.

I'm so far behind at work. Seems to happen. I'll get caught up and then 'wham!' Before I know it, I'm behind again.

Got to get back to it. Almost time to head out for the day.

Have a Happy Mother's Day weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope y'all had a good mom's day. Tomorrow is kiddos last day of school & mine for watching the girls til the end of summer. Sheesh! Did that go by fast or what?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  2:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had a great Mother's Day. A whole week gone already. Time goes so darn fast for me.

My little one's last day was Monday, 5/14. Her last scheduled day was 5/24. No snow days. No Easter Break other than Friday/Mon. So they're out 10 days earlier. It went fast. Enjoy your summer with your youngest. These years go all to fast.

harley, hope you're doing OK.

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, just lovely, just saw we're under a tormado watch til 11 tonight. Crap. This had better not be a forewarning of how this summer will be for us!! And right at this moment there's sirens (ambulance & cop cars) going bonkers all over, sounds like they're either lost or something strange is going on. I'm getting a weird vibe with all of this, the tornado deal, sirens. Am I having some kind of forewarning of a sort? I always wonder when I get these things. The last time I had a eerie feeling of the outside there was the earthquake in San Fran during the world series, remember that? In the 80s sometime, late 80s. I know I'll be keeping tabs on weather til late tonight. May need to make a dash to sis' basement, but I sure hope not!!

Yeah, harley. Not too thrilled with the thought of her going out of country in not such good shape. Scary thought. How can you know?? How would she be comfortable enough to do that??? Obviously she is, or she's just looney enough she doesn't mind. I guess she must be a bit looney!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  3:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's been beautiful here.

Is everything OK there, jenjs? Did anything weird happen? I hope not.

Are you enjoying having your son home from school and not babysitting every day? I would think it would be a nice break for you. Hope so.

I just had a new roof put on. Gutters are next. Then it's time for new vinyl siding on a dormer for upstairs bedroom. My home is stucco and stone. But there's a dormer on the 2nd story that has old aluminum siding. After the last hail storm, the last Saturday of April, I can see dents from the ground in the siding. The siding on the sunroom, which was added about 7 years ago, still looks fine. That was the biggest hail I've ever seen. So glad it's all over. Even with an insurance claim/money it's still costing me plenty. I'd rather be remodeling the bathroom with this money. BUT you just gotta have a good roof.

Could it be that harley's already gone? I'll betcha she is. Drats. Be safe!

Have a great holiday weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  4:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yup, no tornadoes or anything. Just some real nasty winds, some like I haven't seen since Wyo, that bad of winds! And the dirt with it! Holy crap it was bad. I had to mop big time this morning, I didn't want to track a whole bunch of dirt all thru the house! Just from it blowing in from the back!

I watch one of the girls once a week, that's so she won't forget who I am all summer. Can't have her do that!! And she's my favorite one, not the demon one. I'm evil for saying that, but it's all true! Believe me, I'll have the other one soon enough. This time without her will be a dream!

Well, a 15 yr old boy isn't exactly the best company & can be kinda grumpy, but I like having him around! He doesn't like having to do his mowing jobs, but he needs to get used to work. He is a good worker, his thought process needs tweaking on it tho.

Last night hubs came home & told me some news that I was just flabbergasted about. He had gotten a call from the producer of Deadliest Catch & they're interested in doing a show on the police.....here. Here! He's not too sure on it & wants to tell the guy no. I told him he needs to talk to his chief & really consider it! This kind of opportunity does not happen to everyone! Especially to small town cops! If a national tv producer got the news about your police force somehow, wouldn't you want to roll with it??? What's the deal?? I really hate it when he doesn't listen to me!!!!!!! ROAR!!!!! This part of him really ticks me off to no end. He tells me something, I give my opinion & then tells me "I knew I shouldn't have told you." I really, REALLY, could have punched him right then. And I should have!!! And we have men around why??? Again, tell me why please?!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  3:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the laugh! I'd tell you why, if only I could. They do think they know everything. We, on the other hand, know for darn sure they don't usually know squat. Sometimes we 'allow them' to think they know things. Oh, boy, I would love to have been a fly on your wall! That's funny.

Darn right. Go with it. Run with it. Think of the publicity, the dollars of income to your small town! Why you cannot turn your back on that. Plus, he might be a star! Good grief. Konk him in the head with an iron skillet.

I agree that 15 yr olds - boy or girl - need some tweaking in their thinking. It's all 'about me' at that age. Oh, am I glad it's over with my own. My GS is 19 now. Then there's this little Sassy Miss coming up who stands with her right hip out, looking sassy as all get out. Oh, she can be incredibly sweet. Then there are times . . .

Pretty weather here. It was great to have 3 days off. I'm thinking about taking 4 days off next week and going out of town. My daughter and the kids love to camp. I hate to camp. They have nice, new tents. I said 'I don't do that.' So I may go to the lake with them and rent a motel room. There's a nice, clean Super 8 right there. She's stayed in it before and assures me it's immaculate. That's my idea of camping. A bed. Clean bathroom that half the campground hasn't used. A/C if it's hot . . . yes, I can handle that.

Come home, harley, and let us know you're OK.

Have a great weekend. If you don't hear from me next week, it means I consented to the 'camping.' Hug that hubby of yours. He's a keeper.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  4:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh man, I'm glad I was able to give you a good laugh! He sure as crap gave me a run for the money that day. I tell ya, more days than not he really gets my goat. But I'm betting that the show won't go on, no matter how much I see it being a plus for everyone. He sees it as more of a negative. Oh well. He better not complain to me later when he sees this show later on & it becomes such a huge hit. I will definitely say.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

We finally have a sunny day today. I was planning on mowing but I think kiddo has to use the mower to do his jobs after his drivers ed class....yup. Here THAT goes now!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, we're really getting hammered with rain today. It got to 85 the day before & now the streets are just flooding with rain! Have some puddles in the backyard even, it's wild. I'm glad for it tho, don't have to water the lawn, yay!! It tends to get pricy the drier it gets later down the road. So for now I'm sitting here listening to the thunder & rain pounding on the roof, having some hot tea. I like it! Hope it's still raining at bedtime, I love sleeping then.

Tomorrow I have my 2 favorite girls, yay! I hope it's sunny so we can go to the park anyways. If not I guess we'll just have to play inside. But it's more fun to be able to go to the park. And the small one is walking now, holy crap, so she really likes the outside.

Any hints on helping dry, brittle, thinning hair? I've noticed just in the past year my hair has gotten so much worse, specially thinning & dry. I swear it's from the thyroid & yet my PA pretty much refuses to give me the thyroid test or the right one I want. What to do?? Wish there were decent drs around here. It bothers me that the only drs they can get for here, out in the boondocks, are ones from India & you can't understand a friggin word they say. Sorry, but I just don't trust them, not with the luck sis has had with them & everyone else here in town I've heard stories from. Gads! I have a hard time trusting drs as it is.

Hope that your camping trip went well beb!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  3:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've certainly been out for awhile! I was on vacation last week. My daughter, GS and GD and I went to a lake here in IL. They've already been there camping this summer. They love camping, swimming, fishing. I enjoy the outdoors, nature, etc. BUT I do not camp. They wanted me to go, kept asking me to go with them. So I rented a cottage right on the lake! I said: Let's camp! We had a ball. It was perfect for us - compact kitchen, no dining area except for 2 stools at the counter, TV trays (That works), living room, bath, bedroom and then a loft with 2 twin beds. So we did just fine - oh TV with cable. We were right on the lake. It was gorgeous. Wildlife everywhere, the woods were right there. Sat on the porch in the mornings and drank coffee. Went to the beach and played in the sand. Walked. They fished - I watched! Went to the park. Went to the pool. Ate at our cottage. So it cost more to rent the cottage than a pad to camp BUT we ate at the cottage which saved a bundle. It was fun and it was so relaxing. Loved it. I could go again.

I think I told you 4 of my bosses gave me a trip to Israel for Christmas last year. I am now registered and I leave in November. A friend was going to go with me, but she backed out. She's afraid. She said it's the countries around Israel that frighten her. Always wars. Always fighting. My theory: What a way to go! For me it's a religious/spiritual experience that I've wanted to do but couldn't afford. I'm not concerned going without a 'companion' as I've been on tours before and plenty travel alone, especially women. It's a tour company/pilgrimage from here by me and I've gone with them before. My guess is that I might even know some of the people going as it's right here in my diocese. I can't wait. On tours you're never alone. You travel in packs, everyone eats together, etc. It's so much fun. I've always loved the tours because you meet such neat, fun people and it's interesting. We shop together. Eat together. Have a drink together (for me it's soda as I'm not a drinker.).

My hair is thinning but it's genetic. It's just like mom's hair. My sis' hair is doing the same thing - in the bangs area. I'd find hair products to help. I've had several thyroid tests because my MD is big on that and bloodwork. He thought I might have a thyroid problem and tests me annually for it. So far I'm 'fine.' I agree with you. I want to understand what my doctor is saying.

Harley, you have to be home by now. Get your butt in here and say 'hi' to us!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  11:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your trip sounds like a fantastic time! I could go for a trip like that right about now, for sure. Up in the mountains, which I miss sooooo much. Man, all these damn trucks & oil rigs & dust & dirt are just getting to me, making me pretty grumpy. Ugh!! That I do not like.

Hubs had his election yesterday & he won re-election, so he is again city police commissioner for the next 4 years. Glad that's finally finished! He was getting sooo moody & was beginning to panic a bit I think. He was afraid of what would happen to all he'd started, would it be wasted, he was more worried than he thought. But I'm glad it's finished. Now, he has to quit complaining on all he has to do then!! He's good at that too. Can't have it all mister...

The trip to Israel sounds exciting! It would be kind of worrisome at times, but heck, how often do you get a chance like that?!!! Some day I want to go to Germany, Ireland & Isle of Man, where my grama came from (Dad's mom). That's where I'd like to go more than anything. I know you'll have a great time! And so many sights to see, time will go by so fast, you'll wonder where it all went.

I know, I'm looking for shampoos & all that for hair. Yuck. My hair has always been so thick & wavy, to have it going like this now, it just needs to all fall out for cripes sake. It's always driven me nuts, I'd be more than happy to be bald. Hey, maybe I'll be naturally bald, sometimes that does happen. I'm losing so much of it lately too it's kinda scary actually.

I know what ya mean with harley, she needs to be poppin in by now. Holy crap, she's gonna but us thru the ringer again isn't she!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  4:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad your hubby won the re-election. From everything you've said, he's a darn hard worker and deserves it. They're lucky to have him.

It's hot here. I mean upper 90's and humid. So it's summer. I know, but I don't have to like it.

The weekend flew by as usual. Shortest 2 days of the week.

Been trying to get a little extra walking and/or water walking in here and there. Still doing some yoga. I'm not doing as much yoga as I'd like to. If I could find a class that's really for beginners, not just in name but 'really for beginners,' I'd love to take a class. I've tried twice and both times they're farther advanced than I am. So I guess I need to look for a class that's for 'Beginners/Fat Old Lady Classes.' That would suit me just fine! It's really good for flexibility. I do their stretches - or at least that's what I call them. The positions that are done standing and stretching. Sure makes my back feel better.

Can't wait for home grown tomatoes and cantalopes.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  5:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow! The hottest we've had so far I think is 80, maybe that. And we had that in March!! Like today it's raining, been raining off & on most of last week. So it's hit & miss when I'm able to mow, which bugs me since I love doing the lawn! Everyone thinks I'm just nuts, sis is the same, but it's in the blood. Our front lawn has come in super! I'm glad it looks as nice as it does in just 1 short year of planting it. Still have a few spots here & there, so I may have to get some special seeds for those but otherwise it's a gorgeous lawn. Now I need to spruce it up & plant some stuff here & there, make it pretty.

One thing I absolutely do NOT like about the summers here is that it stays light until at least 10:30, I kid you not. I hate it to death! I need dark to sleep, so desperately it's not even funny. I'm like a bird on that, mornings too. But I like being a morning person rather than a night owl. Anyways, when it stays light for so dang long I feel like I need to be working that much longer & I don't like that! I have a bedtime!!! Ugh..

I'm all for the tomatoes, not too much on the cantalopes. I could eat watermelon all day, probably burst from it but it sure tastes good!! Specially when it gets so hot out. (but not yet) I have made up a few of my rhubarb pies already too. About time to make up some more, but I need to get some more first. My neighbor decided to mow his down!!! Why?? He must have forgotten I used it!!! Guess he should have been the first pie I made then....maybe he wouldn't have done that! ;)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  3:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's in the mid 90's here and humid. Yuck. We need rain desperately. There's a 30% chance for Monday. Shoot. That could change. It's killling the corn crop. Growing just fine, but the corn isn't so great. The ground is like concrete.

I didn't mind mowing but my yard is so darn big. It became a problem when arthritis became a problem. So my grandson does it now, and my daughter helps.

Rhubarb pie. I was thinking about that earlier this week. I have your recipe and yep, it's about time! I love it. Mom used to just cut it up, add some sugar, a little water and cook it. She ate for breakfast with toast. That's good too only I had to have a spoon of Cool Whip for it too. Yum.

I'm heading out for the weekend. I needed this Friday to come. I've been so busy. That's good. I've got plenty of work and I'm not bored.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  6:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At last I was finally able to mow today. Kiddo has to do the trimming tho, I'm not good at that at all. And I get pretty picky with him about it too, good thing he's patient with his mama! The trimmer busted last week so we weren't able to get to it so it really needs it this week. He's gonna be out there for awhile this time! Now, hard telling how nice it's going to stay around here. I don't think we have any rain forecasted for awhile, maybe a few scattered showers here & there but nothing like what we were getting. You'd think we were in Seattle or something!

I'll have to go to my sis' in laws & grab some more rhubarb. I know she has a bunch still. I went & got all the stuff to make up a bunch of pies & no 'barb! Plus I'm getting a craving for it now, so I think that'll be my job for tomorrow, go 'barb huntin. How funny!

Have to tell ya, when I did my shopping today, I picked up some of the greek kids yogurt, chobani I think it's called. You should try it! It is soooooo yummy! I was pleasantly surprised when I took my 1st bite. Some greek yogurts have a very strange taste to me but since this is made for kids I figured why not? It's a small serving, which was good in case I didn't really like it. But now I'm afraid I'll have to fight the kiddo from eating it all now.....

Hope ya have a great weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2012 :  6:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not home yet still setting in Brazil,The German Tec is to be here Tue.It has rained everyday since I"ve been here the first week it was about 50 degrees and no heat in the rooms they have moved me a bigger room with a fire place but seems like all the heat goes straight up the flue.I m so ready to go home .We walked about 2 miles to the bottom of a cliff to see a water fall then had to climb back up was almost more then the new knee could do but some how I made it.Once you get wet its like you never get warm.Got a text from hubby said it was in the high 90s at home right now that sounds good.This is there cold season here but still have lot of pretty flowers.Better get work comes early here.You both stay safe and hopfully I will get home before summer is over at home.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  5:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yay harley girl!!! Doesn't matter if you're at home or not....you checked in! You're in one piece & that's what matters! Stay that way & be careful for cripes' sake, that's all I can say. And stay warm! We haven't been that much warmer than 50 up til today, it's looking like summer finally here. Smack dab comes the friggin humidity, holy crap who turned that on today?!! I guess today & tomorrow it's supposed to be feeling like it's 100. Well, if it keeps that up, it will!

And lordy be extra careful with that knee....you don't need any other things goin on there with it! So don't be trying to do anything more than you should, got it??

I don't know about y'all, but for me it's soooo much easier to keep warm than it is to get cool. Extra socks, sweaters, jackets, mittens, warm baths or showers, you name it. Hot soups, coffee, hot chocolate, extra shot of Jack maybe in some hot tea ;)...get ya warmed from the inside. All kinds of ways to warm up! Not so much to cool off. Guess that comes from growin up in the friggin cold huh.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!! WooHoo. So glad to see a post from you. Jenjs is so right. Doesn't matter where you are. We've just been wondering and worried.

It's hot here. Actually today isn't bad - in the 80's. But it's been in the 90's here. Thursday it will shoot back up and hit 100. It's humid too. Horrible. But that's summer in the Midwest.

Dang. You're lucky with your knee. Glad you did OK. Was it beautiful? Waterfalls are gorgeous. What's Brazil like? I imagine tropical flowers/wildlife. Just don't think of it as cold there at all. That's how much I know.

Jenjs, hope you got your 'barb' and made some pies.

I've been getting in some water walking. Tonight, since it's cool, I need to walk Tucker. He needs the exercise as much as I do. He's a Brittany.

Goodness. I'm so glad I checked in! Back to work for now.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  6:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know...we were lucky harley popped in & checked with us! So we got lucky she did so. And hoppin around with that knee like it's brand new. She better be careful, that's all I know. Wouldn't be good for her to have something happen clear in Brazil, yikes.

I'm sure Brazil's winters are nothing like ours! Sheesh, I seriously doubt they get any lower than 50 like she was saying, but that's cold for them. I would gather it'd be a lot like Hawaii, wouldn't you? Maybe just a tad bit cooler & not so humid & muggy like summer is all. Who knows, I'm far from being a world traveler....now you, beb, are!

Now, 2 days ago we had 100% humidity & the temps were in the mid to high 90s, that's pretty damn hot for us. The heat index was what'd they say, 105 or something like that, yuck. Now yesterday it got to only 72, today it's 77, just right. Go figure! Why can't it stay like this all year long? That's asking too much I guess.

I finally planted some flowering plants out front & ordered a few more but they won't be delivered until September dang it anyways. SO then they'll be all pretty come next spring so I guess that's ok. I need to find some nice deck stain, but I think I'll do that when kiddo & I go to Wyo. finally the week after next, when I can go to a Home Depot. They don't have any in ND, which is totally dumb if you ask me! Why I have no idea, they think Menards is better but it isn't anywhere even close to being as good, in my opinion.

And the 4th is up & coming already! We've passed the 6 month mark til Christmas! Where has the year gone already??!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  4:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have really been busy here at work. The corporation is family owned and they have an annual meeting. That's over now. Whew!

We've been in triple digits here for a week now. Talk about hot!

Yes, harley better be careful with that knee. I wouldn't want something to happen out of the US, and US doctors. No way.

Sad news. We had to put our beloved dog to sleep on Saturday. We've had him for 7 years. He was a yr old when we got him. I let him out in his own little fenced in area on Saturday morning. Seemed fine. He had not been up to snuff for a few days, but hey - it's been hot. He didn't act sick, just had the runs. Anyway seemed OK Saturday morning when I let him out. Went out to bring him in and he was walking funny. Within 30 minutes he couldn't stand up. My GS had to carry him to the car for us. Long story - but it ended up that he had a stroke. His hind legs had no feeling and his front legs weren't doing so great either. The vet kept saying 'severe' and his options were - take him to St. Louis University neurologist. I can't afford that. Way, way too expensive. I didn't even realize they had vets there. It's a teaching university for medicine, law, etc.as well as a hospital. So we had no choice. This is first day I haven't been crying every single time I think of him. I have never experienced this before. My brother/sister had pets. I never did. That is until Tucker. I'll tell you what. He was more loving and loyal than any 'upright' could ever dream of being. Dang I miss him.

Happy 4th. Glad you got some planting in.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use