New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  4:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So sorry beb! Seems as tho a lot of floks have been having to do that lately. I've had other friends that have had to do the same thing. Bummer! And it's true, our pups are most of the time so much better friends than the 2 legged ones we call "friends". That's just sad when you think about it! Hopefully with time you'll be feeling better about it, doesn't make it any better tho, I know. *hugs*

Hope you were able to enjoy the 4th! Hung out with sis & tried not to get eaten alive by the skeeters, man they seem way worse this year. Not sure if they are but it sure seems that way. It was only like 74 yesterday, perfect! Light breeze, but come sundown it had stopped so fireworks were going off like crazy around here. NO restrictions so everyone & their dog had them going off. We're able to set them off here in town, which is actually kinda nice. It's not against the law, which it always was no matter where we'd lived before. You see so many different ones this way & it's so cool.

Had my yearly bloodwork done the other day. My LDL is high, 112. Not good. I don't get it, I don't eat a lot of fatty stuff & I do a lot of fiberous stuff. Must be a lot of hereditary stuff, unfortunately. My white blood cell count is down too, again, way low. I need to ask what's up with that. What to do to get it up.

Today is my 47th bday. Ugh. I went & got my hair cut, needed a good chopping, but I didn't get a big chop like I was really wanting to, super short. She talked me into getting some length off & lots of layers done. I'm not coloring for awhile, I think it's really messed up my hair big time. So I'm going to see if it can bounce back some if I don't color. Time will tell!

On Sunday kiddo & I leave for Wyoming! Can't wait!! A whole week to go & see fam & just take it easy!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  10:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy belated b-day, jenjs. Hope it was a good one.

We had a nice 4th. It's been so hot here though. We've had 10 days straight of triple digits. Saturday evening on the news at 6:30 PM it was still 105. I can't take this much longer. This AM it's somewhat cooler. They say we won't hit triple digits today. We'll see. Also on the news Saturday, officially 108, they showed pictures of banks. You know how they quite often post temperatures? It was 113! Felt like it too. Way too hot to do anything at all.

What does your MD suggest for the LDL? What's the deal with the white blood cell count? That's a worry too.

You're in Wyoming now. Have a terrific time visiting with family and sightseeing.

harley, hope you're OK out there.

I'm drinking up - water that is! - and doing my best to stay cool. I went to the gym and did water walking over the weekend. Spent 2 hours there Saturday. Boy did that feel good.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  6:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had a great time getting away! Felt a bit sad having to leave the oldest, wishing he'd just come back with us since I miss him so much. But it is what it is, as hubs loves to say. Loved getting to see the mountains of course & away from all of the oil junk & trucks & garb. It's always nice to get home....for a little while! I have to say tho, I shocked myself, not sure how, but I did lose about 2 1/2 lbs in that week. By doing nothin??! And eating out more than I do in a year?! What gives?

I need to make an appt with the dr to go over the bloodwork & see what she says about it all. I know the cholesterol runs in the fam, big time, so I'm not too sure if she'd really want to try drugs. I don't think I'd like to. Tho I already try to limit the stuff I shouldn't have. Who knows.

It is dang muggy here today, yesterday too. Yuck! It probably wouldn't be too bad actually if it wasn't so humid. NO worrys on that in Wyo, at all. There's no humidity there!

Hope all is well with you beb & maybe soon we'll hear from harley, huh?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  1:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you had a good time getting away. Yes, it would be difficult to leave your son behind. Life. It isn't always easy.

Congratulations on losing 2 1/2#. I've got a lot to lose, but the past few weeks I've been doing well. I've average 1.5# each week. For me, that's a big deal. I've been doing water walking too. My daughter bought a pool and it's up now. Came home to her and my GS working on it last night. It isn't a big one. It's one of those blue Intex pools. I had one last year and apparently we didn't do a good job of storing it. Couldn't be used this year. Live and learn. We'll be very careful with this one. She said she wanted it and thought we'd all get use out of it. Oh yes!!

We're back in triple digits here. I hate it.

Hope we do hear from harley soon. If she isn't home, she has to be so homesick - hubby and all her critters. She loves them.

Have a great week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  4:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would loooove to lose about #1.5 each week, that is so do-able. But why does it seem so hard?! I've noticed the past few days how a lot of things, foods, have been making me so nauseated, uncomfortable & just downright yucky. I need to get to just basic, plain stuff it seems. Stay away from all the processed crap, which I tried to do anyways but now really need to do, specially with the high LDL.

A pool sounds great! We just now had a long downpour, it's still muggy. The humidity is at 100% still so it seems like a shower is still goin on, yet it's stopped awhile ago. Ugh! One thing about Wyo, they don't have the humidity. It's dry, which is bad, but when it gets hot, there's none of this feeling of stepping out of a shower! I hate that. We needed the rain tho.

One thing the hubs did not do while gone, any of the yardwork! Or any of the housework, I expected that tho. But geez, how hard is it to turn on a sprinkler? I had no idea that it was going to look so bad in just a week, holy cow. And my plants that I had just planted not long before we left were just about on their last leg I think. Glad I made it back when I did!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  1:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad you didn't expect your husband to do anything while you're gone. They just can't do it. They make themselves 'forget' all of that. It's a 'gene' thing.

My flowers are all dying and we were here to water them. It's something I can't think about. Next year I'll plant artificial ones, throw some potting soil and mulch around them. Then I'll 'water' them once in awhile. Bet they don't die!

I love the pool. It's really the perfect size for me to get in a water workout. I went out this morning in the dark and it is now my favorite time to do that. I showered and washed my hair. Got the coffee pot ready to turn on. Went out and made sure there weren't any snakes lurking around the edges of the pool - yuck! There weren't any. I got in. I decided that tomorrow morning I'll turn on the floodlight again to do my 'checking' for snakes and let critters know I'm coming outside. Then I'll light a candle on the picnic table. Go back in to turn off the floodlights and workout with just the candle! It's light by the time I finish, or sort of light. I was out there at 4:50 this morning. I loved it. So peaceful. Warm but not hot. Went in turned on the coffee, and did the rest of my morning ritual to get ready. What a great morning.

Processed foods are a problem for sure. I eat too much of that. But this time of year I'm really getting into the fruits and veggies. Delish!

Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  4:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's one bad deal on this heat, how it's draining all of the moisture from the soil, just as fast as you add to it. Bummer on your pretty flowers! We don't really have too much worry on that this year. It rained again last night/early AM. Kiddo was going to mow his last lawn this morn before it was supposed to get so gawd awful humid/hot today & it never has dried enough for him to do it, it's now almost 3:30! Humidity is what now, 70% I think it said, something like that. Holy crap, it really is nasty stuff. Totally not used to that. Haven't had to water, to say the least!

The pool sounds perfect on a day like today. When we had ours in Colorado, it was an inground & I loved it. It gets pretty hot there, but it's dry. But I'd swim in the mornings & then when I'd get home after work, lounge around in the sun til supper, man I loved it! Sure miss it too. And I know how they go on about sun exposure & all, but I love my tans, one thing I'm not fond of in winter is being so pale!

Tomorrow, if the humidity king is kind enough, I'll have to mow again. It's grown a LOT this week with all of the rain plus the watering I did earlier. I hate it when it gets to lookin so raggedy...

Hope you can have a cool weekend!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  4:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The week has gone by so fast. I can't believe it.

Spent last Saturday outside. It was actually very nice out - that one day. I got burned. My kids/grandkids can go straight to tan. Not me. I didn't even realize I was burned until it was too late. It isn't bad though. Nothing like a peeling forehead!

It's remaining hot, although today it's 'only in the 90's.' Yesterday it was 107, that's the actual temperature. We've broken records with this triple digit weather. The forecasters say it will continue through October, as will the drought. It's really bad.

Hope you're getting some nice time outdoors. You have such long, bad winters that you need to get out in the summer. When does your son return to school? The kids here return 8/13. Now that's right around the corner.

Have a great weekend. Come on, harley. Let us know you're OK!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  5:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well hi! Another week starting off. Kiddo starts school the 21st. His football practice starts next week tho, so tomorrow he has his physical. He is NOT looking forward to school starting already!

I know I shouldn't say it, but I think fall will be coming soon. I really do. I saw it last week already. Weird to be thinking that but I see it in the sun. To me it has the golden glow to it, not the "white" to it you see during summer. It'll still get hot some days, don't get me wrong!! But it isn't going to last too much longer, at least in these parts.

Last week I did get the front porch all stained, finally. Got the 2nd coat finished today. I do try to do more things outside when I can, but I'd really like to walk all over. But remember, with how things are here, everyone is a little tense about walking around alone, even during the day. That part I hate about living here, more than anything else. Even more than the cold, if you can believe that!!

Hopefully harley will be back soon, or at least check in & say hi.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  1:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had a working 'vacation' last week. Wed - Friday I was off, plus the weekend of course. I cleaned my BR closets (I have 2). My BR windows/curtains. Moved all the furniture and cleaned. LR windows/curtains. Defrosted the freezer. Cleaned carpets. Actually my grandson stepped up and helped with the carpets. Didn't 'help.' He did them for me. I was thrilled. He helped me get the curtains down and back up too because I hate to climb. Gotta love him! I needed those days for extra work around the house. Got in plenty of time in the pool too. So it was a great few days off.

Now it's back to work, and there's plenty of it.

The kids here start next week, 8/13. Wow. That is early.

The heat today is better. It isn't suppose to hit 100. There's relief!

Glad you got the porch stained. Everything takes longer than I plan on it taking. It's amazing.

Anxious to hear from harley. I'm guessing she's home by now.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  5:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Got kiddo registered today for school & he starts football practice at 7:30 Weds morning, so he's going to have to start getting used to getting up early again it looks like. On Fri we'll go & get his clothes & stuff for school, he's not looking forward to that at all. We did get some when we were in Wyo, killed a bird or two with the stone, but have some more to go yet.

Our high on Fri got to I think 60, holy crap right?? Right now we're at 90, so it's still summer. I feel for the kiddo, they have no central air at the school, which makes no sense to me at all with all the bodies that get packed in there. It won't be cooling down good until the end of September probably. Anyhoos, it got so nippy for the hubs on Sat night he got up & turned on the heater, so it must have dipped into the 40s then. As soon as I got up tho I turned the booger off since it was getting into the 80s later. Keep it as cool as possible! What a doof sometimes.

I don't remember if I'd told you one of my mommies is pregnant, so not only did one of them have a little one in July, the other is due in January! So I'll have 2 new babies I get to play with come next spring, I'm kinda excited for that. The other one goes back to work in October I think so then I'll have the 1st little one. She looks just like her big sister, just hope she's not naughty like her too!! Holy crap, say a prayer if she is....for mama, not me! I don't have to live with it!! Mean, aren't I??

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  4:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
2 new babies. That's exciting, but better you than me. I don't know if I'd have the patience or the energy for 4 little ones all day. But just the thought of a baby does make me feel all 'cuddly.' There's nothing like that soft baby skin. Enjoy them. From everything you've said, it's definitely your gift to be with the little ones.

I think my daughter has everything for the little one here except new tennis shoes. They're expensive too. I think they'll be bought Friday. She's lived in flip flops all summer. This could be a chore.

It's very nice out yesterday early AM and this morning, early. I think it's around 98 now. Chance of storms tomorrow and the temp dropping to the 80's on Friday. after weeks and weeks of trip digits, I'm thrilled.

I can't imagine turning on the heater. We haven't been without the A/C since June. It seems like it runs non-stop. The 40's. Oh, I can't wait. I'm not a summer person. BUT I must admit that I'm not looking forward to shorter days. That's the hardest part about winter.

Have a great rest of the week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  6:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well 1st day of practice was today & he's spent! Coaches of course tell them not to just go home & lay around, stay fairly mobile so they don't get too sore. Of course that's what he's done for most of the afternoon, so I made him get up & go play with the dog for awhile. Later this week he has to still mow a couple yards, so regardless if he's sore then, he has work to do. Gotta get used to that! Tis the season for mixing up that kind of thing.

One thing I used to hate when I was a kid on going back to school was having to wear shoes. I always went barefoot, to heck with sandals or anything. And my feet were pretty dang tough from it! Now I can barely walk on any kind of dirt before I start to whine, what a baby. I miss those days. As for the days getting shorter, I welcome them!!! I do NOT like summer days lasting until 10:30 at night for dark, that's just too damn long for me. And then sun up at 5?? Ugh! That's when I would looooove to have a no-window room in a basement, just to sleep, in the summer. Or if hubs would by chance have to work nights again & sleep during the day. Dream on!!! That is my ultimate dream! So weird arent I?

Well, no matter, our short days are coming & I really don't think the heater will be back on any time soon......or at least I hope not too soon. Fall can pop on in any time tho...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  1:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your daylight is so totally different than mine. It's getting light here around 5:30 or 5:45 AM. Evenings it's getting dark between 8 - 8:30. Depends on whether it's cloudy or not. I don't like it dark by 5 or 5:30 PM. I'm almost going home in the dark.

You sound like my daughter talking to her son: Get up off that couch and do something. Get off the computer. Stop texting. So forth and so on . . . He has a part-time job and college will resume next week. But boy when he's home and his buddies aren't there - he's lounging around and it drives her nuts.

Can't believe I haven't checked in for almost a week. Time goes. But I've been busy. Tomorrow I have an audit. Thursday I have a meeting. Last week I had 2 meetings . . . and the beat goes on and on and on. It's good to be busy though.

We finally have cooler temps with highs in the low 80's and lows in the 60's. What a change. We went from triple digits to this. Unbelievable summer weather. The heat will return. No doubt about it. We have more summer yet and then there's Indian Summer.

I've been eating the heck out of tomatoes. My brother just dropped off another bag of them. Love them.

Harley, get your butt in here and let us know you're OK!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  9:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today was cool, dreary & cloudy. So, I was very ambitious & made homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. Channelled (does that have 2 l's? not sure!) my German background, as well as hubby's! The guys are both sick with colds, so I figured good soup, one with no added crap to it, all real stuff, would be best. Now hopefully they'll start to perk up.

Nope, fall is here. Summer is done. We'll still have some warmer days, but otherwise, summer's finito. That's pretty good tho, since kiddo's school doesn't have any central air or any kind of a/c. Now that's not good at all.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  2:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Home sweet home sweet home.Nothing like getting to flop around your own house.Lots of stuff going on could'nt leave Brazil till boss got better then the Germans came so more work with them.SO GLAD TO BE HOME.Guess it has been really hot here.Everything really burned up.No rain for over 80 days where we live.Will have to sell some cows at this rate.Hay prices are threw the roof if you can even find any.Flowers all gone can't waste water on all of them need it for the livestock.Better get lots to do.Glad your both ok.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  4:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow harley wow wow!! So glad to hear that you're home!!! But sorry that everything was so badly hit by the lack of moisture, this summer has been real bad with that. Course not in my neck of the woods but with you & beb definitely. Yuck! My aunt lives still down in Wyo & they've had to sell cattle there early, in May, waaaay too early than what they're used to. It's bone dry there too. Not a good deal all around.

But so glad to know you're safe & sound, back in the states!! Hopefully for quite awhile. And how's the knee? Is it doing better?

School starts tomorrow! Yee-haw! Kiddo....not so thrilled.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  3:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OMG! Do my eyes deceive me?? Could it be that harley has returned 'stateside?' Welcome home. You bet it's been hot here. Absolutely miserable. No rain until recently. Triple digits forever. My flowers died. I decided I'm not planting next year. If I plant anything it will be whatever I find this fall. It won't die and it'll come up on it's own. But not even planning on doing that. You must be thrilled to be home with hubby and critters, your own bed and 'stuff.' I'll bet your hubby is really happy to have you back.

Hey, jenjs, today is happy back to school day. I used to love those days. While I looked forward to the summer, less hassle with schedules, etc. By the end of summer, those kids needed to go back and for sure I needed to be rid of them!

Been super busy here. So happy to see harley's home and safe!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  3:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's a bummer that your pretty flowers had all shriveled up to nothing! No one likes that at all. I've been trying, still, to get some grass growing in. The front yard is pretty well set in, luckily. And that's the one we totally had seeded!! And now it looks waaaay better than the back, but of course, we have to deal with the mutt in the back. He thinks he's a real bull too. Constantly diggin in his paws, digging up where I'm trying to get my grass to grow....I could scream something real bad....a LOT! I've ordered a few plants to get in this fall, hopefully they'll come in a few weeks & next spring I'll have some pretty new things in the yard to look at. Hopefully!!

Oh yeah, first day of school..it was 91 & inside the school I guess it was ungawdly hot, so you know teenagers & how useless they can get once they're hot & tired. No a/c anywhere, so no one wanted to learn anything, not likely they would on the 1st day anyways but oh well. Today it isn't as bad, it's 84 & cloudy with a breeze anyway. Still aren't very cooperative I'd be willing to bet!

I'm hoping that harley sticks around for awhile now & keeps checkin in anyways, like more often than every 6 months!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a shame there's no A/C in the schools. They all have it here. Kids can't learn or concentrate when they're that hot, and it's just as bad for the teachers. I still remember as a kid how hot I got. We didn't have A/C in schools in the 'olden days.' I went to parochial school too - no shorts, slacks at all. Had to wear skirts or dresses. Had to wear socks. I had those flouncy 'can cans' that made the skirts stick out real full. They also stuck to your legs when you sat in them. I'd sit there and sweat and think about something cold to drink. Hated school when it was hot.

Hopefully you'll get some pretty flowers to plant this fall. I'm planning on mums. They're pretty. You plant them in the fall and forget about them. That's what I'll have to do. The past 2 summers have just killed everything. This year was the pits.

Have a terrific weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use