New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  6:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,Hope the 8 in. of snow did'nt get to much worse.It was 70 Sat. just great to be outside picked up all of the tree limbs that had fell cleaned up some of the flower beds can't wait for spring my son and I made a great big flower bed for him it runs all the way infront of his house has over 200 bulbs in it he said some of them are starting to show though the dirt should be really pretty.At least I hope so.

Back to work today after having 4 days off. Have a new person to train hes pretty cool younger then my son he calls me mom has for 4 years.Really nice kid,he has a set of 2 year old twin girles.Seems like that is all he talkes about anymore.

Its cold today was only 23 all day sunday.Warm one day then cold the next.No wonder everyone has a cold at work and at home.Better get work to do.Take care!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  8:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad everyone is back!! Man, I'd love to see 70, but it won't happen til maybe April, if then. If my stuff started coming up they wouldn't bloom for sure come spring. Most of the snow has gone with the wind, we've had 60 mph gusts for the past 2 days. By Thursday we're supposed to see temps around 57....unheard of here in January.
Mom has been doing well the past couple days. Tho I'm out of a couple of her meds & her new dr appt isn't til next week. I'll need to see if I can get a way for the new dr to make a new script to last for a week. Cross fingers....

Everyone bundle & keep warm...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ice. Here we go again. I shouldn't complain. It came during the night. It's melting already this AM (9:45 AM). I just came to work later than usual. I won't fight it. They had to close many of the overpasses and exists on the Interstate in St. Louis. Accidents, accidents. The salt trucks had been out all night - or I should say all morning. However, when it keeps coming down there's really nothing you can do. I'm lucky and was able to wait it out.

Snow was predicted for today, but I think that prediction has changed. I think we'll warm up, and the snow will just pass us by. It'll go further south.

It's a new year and I'm working on a new me. I think one of my main goals is to not worry so much about things I can't do a darn thing about. I have to face it. There's a lot that goes on that I simply cannot fix. I need to focus on me. I figure it's 'my turn.' My kids are raised. I'm divorced. What's stopping me? Just me!

I have a lot of goals in mind for 2009. Forget 'resolutions.' I can't go that route. With goals I can take them little, baby steps at a time and feel successful!

Harley, your son's garden sounds wonderful. Isn't it fun to sit back and see the colors coming to life right before your eyes? I love that part of spring.

Actually, Jenjs, I think it got up to almost 70 here over the weekend. That's what's so strange. it goes from single digits to close to 70, then back down again with ice. Crazy Midwest weather. If you don't like the weather today, stick around. it'll definitely be different tomorrow1 Good luck getting an MD appt. for your mom.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  8:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi guys,Just finished watching Oprah-Dr.Oz was on pretty much said the same thing he always does {you just need to eat right to be healthy} wish that was as easy as it sounds.My mom got me a mag.called Cooking for 2 has lots of recipes just big enough for the both of us.If its something he does'nt like I just take it for lunch the next day had a really good lasagna one that takes 15 mins. to mix and 30 mins to cook.It makes enough for 3 so I always have alittle to take with me.

Suppose to be warm again in the morning and pretty on Friday hope it last till Sat.

Started getting the flower books out and trying new combinations for the flower pots found some really pretty one.Lets hope they look as good as the book says they do.

We all have to be signed in for our weight loss team by 3 pm.on Wed. this should be fun just to watch Connie have to eat something besides her cookies for both breaks.Will let you know how all this works out.

better get water tank for the cows should be full by now.Latter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  10:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ladies! My time to break for the day. Mom is down for the night....hopefully. She doesn't wake too often, good thing.
Dad left for home this morning. He may end up moving here also.
Soon I'll have to wake hubby for work (midnight, ugh) then I can crash. It does make for long days. Plus, I have one of those colds that when you sleep the nose drains to one side, so I keep flipping. So a decent night sleep is unheard of, and I absolutely love my sleep. Hate it. This damn cold better go & soon, otherwise I'm not gonna be a very nice mom , daughter & wifey.
We got a seed booklet today in the mail, checking out pretty stuff for the yard. Way too early to do that here. We have a long 4 mos still before even thinking outside.
I'm a little bummed...once it gets decent out, I can't walk as much as I did last year, with Mom here. I have a lot of re-doing on things to do with that. And with summer & no school for youngest. I can't keep him stuck home & bored all day. He needs to do stuff outside & all that.
Good luck on the sign in tomorrow Harley!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  09:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning ladies.

It's not too bad this AM. As I left home it was snowing, but it already stopped.

Flowers. Seed booklets. Oh, that sounds so good. I love to look through the magazines that come in the mail. I should start receiving some soon. That's fun stuff!

I forgot to tell you that I lost 3# over the holidays!! I'm just so proud of me. I'm not positive how or why, but I think it's because I simply didn't focus on trying to lose weight. I ate everything, but I didn't overdo it. I felt better because of it too. You know that stuffed feeling? That is so miserable! I ate. When I felt 'satisfied', I stopped. What a novel idea??!! I'm working on continuing that same pattern.

I have a pedometer and I put it out to remember to wear it every day. OK. That didn't work. Here I am and the pedometer is on the dining room table. Wonder how many 'steps' it will take today. This was a 'rush' morning. My granddaughter (who will be 3 next month) threw a dandy fit. So we had our hands full getting her ready for daycare. So there it sits. Sooooo tomorrow morning it will be attached to my purse. That way I'll just put it on my slacks. I'll be good to go. I'll have to add some steps to it if I don't remember to put it on first thing in the AM though because I put in a lot of steps between shower, coffee, take dog out a couple of times, dress Abby . . . Know what I mean?

The fit - you gotta love the terrible 2's. This child is her mother - all over again. Her mother is my second child. There is no third child!! There is a reason. She was Queen of Fit Throwing until she was around 5 1/2. No kidding. She was one of those whiney kids and was absolutely charming until you told her 'no.' My, my, my. Now here is her daughter - as a rule she is one of the sweetest little things, but she is The Boss - or so she thinks. For a couple of weeks she has been so darn picky with clothes. She's into one of those 'ouch' or 'it hurts' phases with whatever you put on her. I had no idea we put her in so much pain just dressing her. My lands. Her panties hurt. Her new sweatpants (which couldn't possibly hurt because they're velour) hurt something terrible. Her T-shirt hurts. Her socks hurt. Her matching sweat jacket - no way. That was shear torture. No my daughter didn't do that. I have no idea where this is coming from. But it's exhausting. Her mom works nights. So she's with me at night. I'm tired before I ever get to work. But I wouldn't trade that little sweetie for the world. The thing is she's suppose to pay only her mom back, not gramma.

Now I have to get with the program here. I have to work to buy more clothes to torture my dear granddaughter with! She's way more clothes than I do.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  6:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all, Sounds like you both have your hands full with all the extra family members but sounds like you both are making it work.Sign in was fun we got to see who the other teams were and everyone seemed to be having a good time and lots of laughing and cutting up with each.May not drop a pound but it seems fun to have the other girles trying too.

My sons ex has a girl that is 13 going on 30 my kid has been dad for 11 years then when they split up she really does'nt have to much to do with him hurts him alot more then he will tell her or her mom.Anyway he got a call from one of his friends told him that the girl had went to a sleep over at a friends house and then they went to some boys home that are 18 years old they got drunk and the three boys raped her while she was passed out then they put the whole thing on there cell phones and sent it to all there friends.Her mother was no where to be found so one of the girls that they sent the tex to showed her mom and her mom went and got her from the boys house.When her mom did show up she did'nt take her to the Dr. or call the cops.They went to the boys home and a fight started out in the front yard and a guy across the street called the cops so that is how the cops found out about they went to the school 2 days latter and talked to the boys and found the hole thing still on one of the cell phones.Its such a mess her mom does'nt care anything about what is going on with the kids to busy party with all her low life friends.My son is so upset said if they were still out there none of this would have happened.Tried telling him that it was not his choice for her to take the kids and go that he can't take the blame for something that he could'nt have stopped.His son showed up after school at his house today said that her boyfriend had hit him in the back of the head cause he was'nt getting his socks on fast enough.Second time the boyfriend has put his hands on him first time he kicked him in the back he was so upset he cryed all day at school till the school had my son come and get him cause they could'nt find his mom.Runt has had him for a month then his mom called said she wanted him back been there 2 days and now this crap all started.She doesn't work and the boyfriend does'nt work they had 7 people living in a 2 bedroom house,his friend and his friends friends ended up with 11 people staying there I found out about it told her bestfriend if she did'nt get that bunch of trash out of that house I would be the one calling CPS.Guess that spooked her grandson said that she had made all friends get out for the time being just in case they did show up.Is'nt life grand------just when things calm down something always happens.

Sorry just had to vent alittle.Will take what ever comes one day at a time.Better get son wants me to call probably more GOOD news.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  10:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Lordy! We all have our hands full don't we? Harley, one day at a time. From the way you talk sounds like a lot of people living with meth....scary stuff. In my prayers!
And Beb, I'd love to be in your shoes! Those 3 yr olds are somethin huh! I worked in child care before moving here, the baby room, my favorite place. I love working with babies. I can see your gkid acting that way tho, most do. I think it's this generation's way of dealing. If my kid ever did that, they'd have another thing coming. I know you love all the time with her tho, hard not to. And excellent for losing 3#! Isn't it nice to lose it when not really trying? I know I'm starting to lose some, I can feel it, from the stresses of having mom here. Over time I'm sure that I'll even out, right now I won't fight it, not a bit. I have too much to keep my mind occupied at the moment.
Today is a day that I pray I don't have too many of in the future. With taking Mom to the dr & getting her meds filled, it took over 4 hrs of waiting time, no joke. I was getting peeved. And then after getting all drugs we needed desperately, I couldn't give her enough, to her anyways, so she's pissed because I won't give her anymore til tomorrow when she's actually due. Oh well, c'est la vie. I best get used to it, cuz I refuse to dope her up & make her totally out of it.

Let's hope we all have a better Thursday! Tomorrow is Thurs right? I am soo lost in days anymore...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  11:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh my goodness.

Harley, my heart goes out to you and your son. What a mess to deal with. The ex sounds somewhat like my granddaughter's 'biological dad.' He isn't a dad. Takes more than making a baby to make a parent. We all know that. What a mess. I'll pray for those poor kids - and you and your family. Your son must be so miserable right now. I can't imagine all of that going on. Well, I can 'imagine' it but not letting it go like the mother did. And how can she let a boyfriend abuse - because that's what it is - her child? Sick.

Jenjs, I do love the little ones myself. But they can be trying. We went through another round this morning gettng her dressed. Her clothes are just so 'painful!' They all hurt. I wish I had soft clothes like her. She is so sweet, so adorable - and then this. This is a new event too. Just within the past few weeks this little scenario entered our lives. Life is fun.

Busy as ever at work. What in the world happens when you take time off? I don't get it. As my little one would say: I don't wutterstan. Me either sweetie!

Harley, I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to vent with us. That's another plus for coming here.

Take care my friends.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  4:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What is it with these men that refuse to be responsible? My ex is like that. Still have yet to receive any child support, will never see it either. These idiots are very good at dodging the law, it's irritating as all hell.
I believe all 3 of us are comfy with each other to vent, makes life a bit smoother to go thru those rocky patches. Too bad if others don't agree. Works for some or it doesn't. Oh well.
Beb, I would venture to guess that the gdaughter is "ouching" alot becuase the schedule & normalcy is changed than what she may have had before, yes? It's her way of dealing if that's so. I'm a huge believer in routines for kids, even to high school. Gives them a sense of security. The ex couldn't understand that thinking, thought it was stupid. Makes sense from a guy who was raised with no kind of routines at all & ended up in jail 90% of the time.
I'm not sure why, I think it's my body's way of responding to changes, but I've been soooo thirsty for the past 3 days. I just can't get enough water or anything else. The cold doesn't help with that too, but it's where I need a glass constantly at my side, and then some. I've lost track how much I've had I've drank so much. Doesn't hurt nothing, just irritating! It is a good thing tho, otherwise my bod wouldn't ask for it huh.

All have a nice eve...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi buds,not very good news with my son he talked to social service said that there is not anything they can do.You can have as many people in a house you want can all sleep in the same room as long as the kid does'nt see them having sex smoke all the pot and and do all the meth you want as long as you don't give or offer the kids any.Just can't cook the meth in front of them cause you might blow them up and that would be endangerment of the child.Only good thing they said was that he had ever right to tell her he's keeping the kid but on the other hand so do'es she.Until they go to court or start the paperwork for divorce no one has anymore rights then the other one do'es.So guess who is starting paper ME and the KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for better news we all had another meeting about the weight class the plant has a dietician coming in once a week for anyone that wants to talk to her she will be giving classes once a month on different stuff.Sounds like could be helpful.

Con,Penny and I are going to start walking together after work Sat. and everyday after work though the week.Should be fun.Lots of people seem to think this will be fun.Hope so need some fun for a change.

Jenj,maybe you should have your sugar levels checked being really thirsty sometimes is the first sign of diabetes.Just a thought- my son takes at least 2 shots of insulin a day.
bebs,congrats on the weight little steps at a time are sometimes better then big ones hope I can do that good over the next few weeks I eat when I get really stressed and thats seems to be alot of times right now.Hubbys check up went really good all test on the blood work came back great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thought you both really do seem like old friends that I've talked to for ever. I talk about you both to my friends at work just like I've know you for years.I tell them what the weather is like where you both are.My moms calls jenj my friend from the mountains.I like that sounds funny when mom ask how you both are.Anyway thinks for being there. Cows are a calling!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  10:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Morning ladies!

Have an early start this morning with Mom up at 5, for cripes sake. It's gonna do me in sooner at this rate, since I'm not able to sleep til hub goes to work at 1 am. Lordy, say a prayer....
Harley, I do hope all works out for the best. It's awful with that stuff, but especially so with children involved. It can really hurt em in the long run. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I still don't get how social services can say that they won't do anything. Usually they'll take a kid at a drop of a hat, sounds a bit fishy there...
I really hope your weight class is a fun thing for you!! Wanting to better ourselves needs to be a fun thing, not a chore, otherwise what good is it? Crossed fingers on that also! Enjoy!!
I have gone thru this before, being so damn thirsty. It's the stress crap. The last time I went thru this I ended up losing like 12 lbs in a month, which was nice, but not the best way. When I get super stressed I do that, I lose my appetite. I make myself eat most of the time, but that hasn't happened yet, just the thirsty. My veins will be just green tea very soon....
We are old friends aren't we? Must be the spirits that we had from the past re-connecting. Today we have no wind, but it'll come again soon. It'd be real nice if it weren't for that. All 8 in we got last week are gone from blowing, plus the 40+ temps help too. We didn't hit the 60s like they had said. I wanted to open my windows for a bit! So, the weather from Wyoming is typical winter! I love that...it's nice to know she likes to ask!

All have a wonderful weekend....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  10:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
TGIF. Gotta love those Fridays.

Harley, you suggested the same thing I thought of when I read about Jenjs' constant thirst. Symptom of diabetes. Are you sure, jenjs?

Stress eating? I'll eat because I'm happy. Eat because I'm sad. Eat because I'm depressed. Eat because I like the taste. Eat because I'm a food addict! No kidding. Losing 12# in a month is an awful lot of weight to lose in a short period of time.

Harley, I'm so sorry about the news. It just doesn't make sense. The systems don't always work and they aren't always fair. The poor kids are the ones who suffer every single time. I'll keep you in my prayers. Right now you can all use them.

Jenjs, hope everything went well with your mom's doctor appt. It's a lot of work - and more stress.

Harley that's great that your mom asks about us! This is such a comfortable friendship. I hadn't thought of 'our friend from the mountains.' My first 'mountain' experience was in Calgary. I fell in love with the mountains there. Talk about peaceful! Then again in Seattle WA, and again in Portland OR. I love the mountains. If I could move anywhere at all, it would be to someplace with mountains. Somewhere in a small, quaint little town. Small population, and preferably artsy-craftsy. I don't think that will happen though.

Have a wonderful weekend! Oh, and I agree, Jenjs, Abby's 'clothing' issues could have a great deal to do with changes in routine. She's definitely a routine kid. I raised my own that way. I'm very routine.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hope all had a great weekend. We have more snow, making driving for hubs real bad. His run Friday took over 14 hrs when usually it's an 8 hr run max (line haul driving). Today it's close to the same. No fun when roads are all snowpacked & black iced!

Mom is well today, so far. We finished the bathroom, putting up stuff to make it easier to give baths & that type of stuff.

I just needed a break, stop with the cleaning & all that for a bit. I'm still thirsty, even tho it did slack up a bit, but I feel it coming back. Wish our water was better, it really is yucky tasting & harder than ever, makes it hard to drink it all, even filtered doesn't help much. We have one on our fridge.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  1:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Happy Monday.

Glad your mom's doing well, Jenjs. The snow/ice must horrible for your hubby's run to take almost twice as long. I'll bet he's all stiff and achy too from being tensed up during the drive. To be honest, what good is the snow and ice other than to 'look pretty?' I do think it's so pretty to look on fresh snow, and the ice sparkles. But it's deadly. This can be a depressing time of year. It's also a more inactive time of year - at least for me.

I'm eating lunch as I write this. I have a salad and some 'extra raw veggies' for a snack later. I also have a tuna packet, but I don't know if I'll eat that or not. I don't feel that hungry. I'm trying to listen to my body.

Weighed this morning. I stayed the same. I'm glad to be honest. Last week was a hungry week. No idea why. it just was. I didn't eat horribly, but I certainly wasn't as into healthy eating as I want and need to be. So I'll accept 'same' with a smile.

Do you watch Biggest Loser? I just love it. I tape it. I don't watch it on Tues night while it's on. I watch it later. I never seem to be able to sit down at 7 PM on Tues night and watch it. In a way it's for the best. They have a lot of commercials on that program. By taping it I can fast forward and get through it in less (way less) than 2 hours! I find it motivating. So I thought I'd mention it. I just try to do anything and everything that might motivate me/help me.

The salad's gone. So I guess I'll get back to work. Talk to you tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  7:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All,One of the girls and I went walking after work wind was blowing and alittle cold about 40 we went for a little over a mile.The other one that is on our team has a hurt shoulder and the plant sent her to the Dr.Went walking both days I was off from work eating really good.Won't get on the scale until Friday at work.Hope all of this hasn't been for nothing sure would like to drop at least a couple pounds.

Got home and my little dog has a cut up leg all he wants to do is set on your lap and look really sad.I had my whites still on from work and when I picked him up I got blood all over the leg of my pants.Just a little cut but sure seems to be bugging him.

better get supper.Have a good day tommarow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good for you Harley! Wish I could go walking!!! I do miss walking to school with youngest, big time. Dog does too. I have to get my elliptical, no doubt. If I can't do my regular stuff anymore with mom now, I have to do something.
I had lost like 3-4 lbs, but most came back, how who knows, but I did lose 1 anyways, so Harley, you will do good! I just know it. Specially with others there with you in the journey.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Poor puppy! He just needs a bandaid and a kiss. He'll be fine.

Harley, I think it's great that you have this group at work to encourage each other with weight loss and exercise. I think you'll surprise yourself at how well you do.

Jenjs, you'll get that eliptical. Do you have any DVDs or videos? You might even be able to do some weight work - if you have small, hand-held weights you could stretch and do that while watching the news or something. Ankle weights might help too. It'll all come together somehow.

We're going to have the bottom fall out of our temps tonight. It's in the upper 30's now, but it's going to single digits tonight. Strangest weather!

I'm doing OK so far as far as the food goes. I didn't lose last week. I stayed the same, and I'll accept that.

Come on spring! I got a seed magazine in the mail yesterday. I've got 'the bug' now.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  2:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We missed the boat on all that cold spell going back east, lucky us!! We usually get slammed with every blast that goes thru.
I'm working on getting my machine. I'll go nuts sooner than later! I don't get into the dvds & all that. I work the beat of my own drummer.
For the rest of the week & most of next week we're expected to hit the 40s & maybe into the 50s....wonderful!! A lot of good it does me tho, being stuck in the house, oh well. I'll open up my windows anyways & get some fresh air in. I'm doing that right now, but now the heater kicked in so i best close em up.
I'm having my daily V8, it's how I get my veggies. I'm real bad about that. I go in swings, sometimes I can't get enough salads & then I don't even want to see one. Never have been a big veggie fan, a bad deal.
This economy really stinks, hubs has worked only 2 days this week, no freight to haul. Can't do very well on only 2 day paychecks, specially with an extra mouth to feed & care for. Calgon take me away!!!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday, just 1 more day for the week...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  4:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It was 1 this morning here with a windchill of -15. We are talking cold! It'll 'warm up' over the weekend and hit around 40. I can deal with 40.

I understand about dvds, etc. We each have our own thing that we're comfortable with and enjoy doing. Actually my favorite is to walk - outside! But it's a little rough these days.

Sorry you've been so cooped up. That is tough. As far as veggies, I love salads. I also like the V8. It's a great way to get the veggies in.

So the poor economy is hitting your hubby's work too. That's really rough. Let's hope that things take a turn for the better very soon.

I'm thinking spring. I'm thinking flowers. Open windows. I love the fresh air too.

I have to get back to work for now. Been pretty busy around here.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use