New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  6:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Big weigh in in the morning,Been sick for 2 days missed a day and ahalf of work really odd for me to miss work.Hubby got the flu then gave it to me I keep trying to find someone to give it to cause I'M SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!

Like Beb said really cold here the high hit 11 finally.suppose to be colder tonight.

One of the girls on our team said she has lost 4 lbs.Wont know how I did till 6:30 Friday. I refuse to weigh till Fridays.

Found a good pick me up-you cut a banana in half roll in it yogurt then in cereal put a stick in the end of the two halves and freeze for awhile like a crunchy banana popsickle.

All take care and stay warm*******

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  10:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, yes, it's cold!! It's 1 today but warming up to '20' this afternoon. It will be a blessing too.

Good luck with your weigh-in, harley. I just think it's wonderful that you're all working together like that. It helps.

There's a newbie to the boards 'Mrs. Otto.' I replied to her and invited her to join us. I hope she comes on over and becomes one of our new friends.

Thanks for the banana snack idea. Sounds delicious. It's so fun to try new things.

Jenjs, hope things are OK on your front - mom, kids, hubby. Hope his work picks up soon too. Then you might get that eliptical.

Take care everyone. Have a great weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  6:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY!!!!!!!!The 3 of us lost a total of 22Lbs.Not bad for ole out of shape ladies.I lost 10 part due to not being able to keep anything down for 2 days. Con lost 4 and Pen lost 8 she is walking 2 miles on her treadmill at night.My old knees not quite up to that yet.Everyone we talked to lost anywhere from 13(one guy)to 3 lbs.Has been fun seems like everyone at the plant is trying.We have a weight room at work and lots of people are using it.We'll see how it goes next week.

Snowed about 1 in. this morning roads alittle slick when we got off work.Fed the cows when I got home and filled all the bird feeders need to buy some more finch feed this weekend.

All take care*********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  10:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Excellent harley!! Being sick really is the pits, it does help in the oddest ways you can imagine. I'm happy that everyone is soo excited! Makes it that much more fun.
Just be careful introducing your food back after not eating for that time. It can mess up your system something awful. Been there...
We were lucky on the cold spell....woohoo! I hate being slammed with that crap. But all thru next week we'll be in the 40s, heatwave.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Heatwave must have moved down this way we are in the high 30 to low 40 this weekend.They say another cold spell on the way.Really hope not as bad as last one.

Walked 3 miles on the treadmill Sat. and so far have went 2 miles this morning.Sure does make you drink the water after working out on that thing.Oh well guess thats god for you too.

Hope all had a nice weekend.We had our company party last night.BIG DEAL you get to watch all the young people get drunk and act like fools.Same thing every year.Wish they would just spend the money they waste on the party for something alittle more helpful.Oh well!!!

Take care and all have a good work week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mrs.otto

3 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  2:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone. Even writing on a message board is new to me so I hope I do this right. It was nice to see your invitation Beb48. Thanks. I don't do this everyday since I have 2 boys ages 8 and 4 so they keep me occupied but I have finally put my foot down and decided to make more time for me and this is part of it. Anyway, it is sooooo beautiful outside so I am gonna go do some yard work and enjoy this unseasonable weather before it's gone. Have a good weekend everyone!!

Edited by - mrs.otto on 01/18/2009 2:51:37 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  12:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome, Mrs. Otto!! I'm glad you checked in with us. It's fine to not post daily. Come on over whenever you can.

Congrats on the weight loss, harley! Isn't that wonderful. You all did very well and it's so much better working together.

I lost 1# last week. I'll take it and be thrilled with it.

I'm going home soon. I've got some bronchial thing going on. I don't function very well on meds. Put me to sleep. So I'll go home and sleep. I'm sooooo much better. Was sick all weekend. Now isn't that the pits.

The walking is doing you all a world of good, harley. Keep it up. I can't wait for the good weather to walk.

Mrs. Otto, maybe our little guys will walk with you! Who knows.

Hey, jenjs, I hope you're feeling better.

have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  1:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Whoo-hoo! A newbie! Welcome mrs. otto! With 2 young ones it'll be a trick, but even the smallest things for you help in the long run. I'm there right now!!
Today I hope to pick out my elliptical! I'm sure gonna try. I take mom to the dr for pain mgmt this aft, so hopefully they'll try something better. I don't like all these drugs she takes, she's becoming immune to them. She asks way too much for them anymore. Not right to be 65 & being addicted. Fix the actual problem, don't cover it.
Ah, I will really miss my walks with the youngest to & from school when it's decent out. That part I'm not happy on at all, plus I'm concerned with what we'll do for summer for him. Not fair to keep him locked away when it's gorgeous outside.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  7:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi gang-----Hello mrs.otto welcome to the group.Jenjs you and beb have got to get well.Hope you don't get what I had sure do'es take the wind out of your sails.

We have a lady at work in the morning to look over our food journals maybe I'll learn something about the way I eat.Hope so.Did a mile on the treadmill when I got home before I even set down was afraid if I stopped I might not move again.

Hope all had a nice weekend hope the week goes fast they say we are suppose to gat some warm weather by the weekend.All take care and try and get well.Good luck on the elliptical jenjs.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  10:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hooray, jenjs! You'll get some exercise now. Does your mom nap? Is she OK if she's left alone for short periods? If so, maybe you can walk your little one at least one way each day. Just a thought. I know she isn't well, but if she's mobile - or even if she isn't and you've just made sure she doesn't need the bathroom, a drink, something to eat - maybe she'll get wrapped up in a movie, a book, sewing/knitting - something else. That way you'd have a little freedom, at least in small amounts.

Harley, how great that someone at work is looking over your journals. That could be a wonderful help for you.

I'm feeling better. Not up to par, but I know that takes time. Bronchitis scares me because I've had pneumonia twice. The last time was 2/2006. I've had the pneumonia shot, but that doesn't ensure I won't get it again. I have never been that sick in my life. So I tend to baby myself with this stuff.

I'm at work. Got plenty to do. So I'm off to work. Oh, and harley, sounds like you really are walking. That's wonderful.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  8:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Still have to get the elliptical, can't wait!! It will be nice to have. I'm not able to leave mom, only if hubs is home & awake. Today she scared the crap out of me, I had to wake her at 11...then she didn't really want to get up, so she slept in her chair. So again I woke her to put her to bed. Who knows, maybe she's just getting some much needed rest. I'd love to be able to sleep like that! Or she may be getting pneumonia again. She had it 3 times last year, she's very prone to it. She has an appt next week, they'll notice if she does have it again then. So beb, be extra careful & from the sounds of it you are!! It is something to get, I had it when I was 11 & I only remember being sooo tired.
Harley, man, you make me envious! You go girl!! I'd be willing to bet you do very well on the journey with the weight contest. More power to ya!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  09:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning.

Each day I'm getting better. Yes, jenjs, I'm definitely being extra careful. The weather in our area plays a large roll in this mess. Severe cold, damp, them temps are up again, now we're going back down again. You just never know. Life in the Midwest.

It was a thought - being able to leave your mom for very short periods. Well, let's push for that elliptical. It will help you in weight loss, but I think it will help you emotionally too. Exercise is great for relieving stress. I would never have believed it years ago. But I noticed a change when I really started putting more effort into it - making sure I was moving more, taking the stairs rather than the elevator, walking to the PO at lunch time, just taking a short walk through town during lunch, water walking (which I do love but haven't been able to do due to scheduling), that came pretty much to a halt when I started having problems with my knee this past summer. It was hurting so bad I finally broke down and went to an ortho surgeon. I knew the history in my family - arthritis, etc. My sister had a knee replacement last April, and she's 10 years younger than me. My brother (6 yrs younger) has arthritis in his knee. Mom had it too. I knew what I'd hear. Yep, good ole Arthur came to call. I didn't opt for surgery. We went with a shot and so far so good. But to go from moving to not moving because it hurt so bad - big difference in me.

So after all that rambling, I'm hoping you get the elliptical sooner rather than later. It will help you in many areas.

How's it going, harley? I'm so happy for you with your work weight loss program/walking program. That is just fantastic. I am the benefit admin for our health plan. We started a Wellness Program last year. We had a short kick-off weight loss/exercise challenge. It's time for me to work on one for this year. That will get me motivated too.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all....

Today got off to a rocky start. Mom's in a bad mood, hates everything & everyone. Unfortunately I get the wrath....all part of the package. Today I'm gonna pick out the machine. I need it BAD! Tomorrow hubs has 4 teeth sliced out, not pulled, but surgically removed. Whiner city here we come! plus Mom's attitude, well, all I can say is God help me! Or a big bottle of booze, but I'd rather not go that way....
Isn't it fun how genes affect us even tho we would rather they don't? I see how my folks are & just hope for the best. The genes in this family are the worst! Hopefully they can change a bit starting with me & go on better for the boys...

Good luck to all!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mrs.otto

3 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  4:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone! Well, I have lost 4lbs since 1-15-09. Not bad I suppose. I have been walking and riding the stationary bike and lifting some weights. Sounds like alot but I only do each for about 10 min. So 30 min of work a day. Not bad concidering excercise is my least favorite activity ever!! Yes, my kids will walk with me..... to the end of the driveway. Then they complain.But I am able to get them to run. Then I am the one that complains about that...Hee hee. Anyway, when I walk, that is my time for just me I guess. They say it is good to have that time for ourselves. I don't get a whole lot of that time so I take it where and when I can, ya know? I haven't been feeling really energetic even though I have been working out.So I went and had my thyroid levels checked. Don't know when to expect results back. I only have half of a thyroid so I thought maybe it was acting up again. Doesn't hurt the check,right? I hope all of you feel better soon!! Sounds like there is something going around that I don't want to get sick with. Harley, sounds like you are doing great!! Keep it up!! Anyway, I hope you all have a good week.

Edited by - mrs.otto on 01/21/2009 4:44:39 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  8:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey-Hey-Hey,Another fun day at work seems like everyone is getting hurt.Some have shoulders messed up some have elbows that wont work and some have knees that don't move very good.They make me hurt just to talk to them.

The diet lady said that she did'nt think I was getting enough protein,said you need protein to build muscle and muscle burns fat.Don't know if I've lost anything this week but my jeans sure do fit different.I think I'm losing inches and not pounds right now.Don't really matter I just know I feel SO much better.If I don't do the treadmill I feel really depressed about not doing it.Everyone I've talked to this week said they did'nt think they had lost much so far,but we are all still trying.

Jenjs get that machine if at all possible I think you'll really like it.May be a way to take some time for yourself.Sounds like you could use it.Beb glad you feel better and mrs.otto way to go on the weight loss just hang in there and keep trying we did'nt put it on overnight and we will NOT take it off overnight.

Will let you know how weigh in goes Friday.All stay safe and happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey there everyone.

Mrs. otto, you're doing great with 30 mins. Doesn't matter if it's 10 here and 10 there. It adds up. Great weight loss too. I do understand about the time just for you. We all need that and deserve it. So yes, I agree - that it and enjoy it.

Jenjs, how's it going there with you and mom? I hope she's doing OK and you got that elliptical by now.

Harley, yahoo! Your jeans are fitting differently. That's a positive sign. Can't wait to hear how the weigh in goes tomorrow.

You are so right. We didn't put it on overnight. Patience. That's so hard for me though. I have 2 kids - with the 2nd one I gained quite a bit. I felt good throughout the pregnancy. That was my problem! When she was a yr old, and my first was 3, I had a partial hysterectomy. Put on about 25#. Years later I quit smoking. Uh-huh, put on more weight. Little here. Little there. Pretty soon it's not a 'little' anymore. But we'll get there. We'll work on it together and do it together.

have a good one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  4:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not a lot of time to go on here, just want to say hi! Don't have my ellipt. yet, soon hopefully. Hubs had some gum surgery yesterday, so I'm really busy on top of regular crap. So I hope all are well & the weigh-ins go to par! All have a wonderful weekend..

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  9:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Had the weigh-in friday******down 4 more pounds******the 3 of us lost a total of 11 pounds this week.Guess I wont give up just yet!!Hubby brought home a small pizza that was a no-no for me.JUST HAVE TO DO ANOTHER MILE!!!!

jenjs, you sound so busy I hope you don't run yourself down.
beb,little steps work the best anyway you look at it.One girl on the other team has not been eating much of anything lost 10 lbs. then was to sick to make it to work today.Not smart.I eat just not any seconds and watch the portion size and walking sure seems to be helping Been doing push-ups and set-ups and anything else i can think of just to keep moving alittle more.My ole knees sure can tell it.Took the day off the treadmill so they could rest alittle.Back at it on sunday.

All take care**********

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  9:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Very good harley!! You go girl! Now, hubs is doing soo much better than I ever thought possible, you all know how men are with being big whiners......but he's actually been very good. I'm very impressed!
I have to wait til we finish the basement with painting & replacing the carpet before I get my ellip....i'm bummed on that, but we need to finish that to do the upstairs next, so the basement is 1st so we have a place to be when we work on the upstairs. huh? It's all greek to me too!! Soon I hope tho, soon...
We are at 3 above with 4 in of snow & it's still snowing....we had 50 temps all week the past week, very spoiled for the dead of winter. Gave me some bad cabin fever!
Ok, all have a good rest of the weekend. bundle up.....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  11:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Monday AM everyone.

Mrs. Otto, you just keep plugging along. You're losing and your moving. Isn't that wonderful!

Harley, yahoo - 4 more down. That's terrific. I'm mostly cutting back too. I do try to watch what I eat, but portion control plays a major role in it too. I really am working on getting in more veggies and fruits though. They work as fillers. It's actually working for me. I guess it's true and I haven't been lied to all these years (ha, ha). I just had to get my mind right and work with whatever works best for me. Weight loss is definitely not 'one size fits all.'

I've read about those liquid diets, even SlimFast. I can't go with liquids and then one meal. It doesn't work for me. I need to chew my food. That's not to say that I haven't bought some when it's on sale, kept it on hand for those mornings that I'm in a rush. I had that one morning last week. It works out fine for that. I don't go without breakfast. I do believe it's an important meal. But hey - I haven't skipped many meals in my lifetime!

I also kind of like the idea, when I can, of 'mini meals.' I believe that's one of the ways hypoglycemia (sp??) is treated, as well as meds. But in order to keep a steady sugar level, they eat 5 - 6 mini meals. Kind of makes sense. You keep your body fueled. So when I remember, I bring a piece of fruit for morning and afternoon, or one for morning and some veggies for the afternoon. I can eat it at my desk without a mess. I also drink plenty of water. years ago I read that's important for healthy skin and hair. So I do that too.

Jenjs, you'll get the elliptical. It's hard waiting. But what he said makes sense. You will need somewhere to go, and it is probably easier to bring a piece of equipment to the basement after the painting/carpeting is complete than to work around it. Makes perfect sense to me. For me - it would also be easier to afford one at a time. It will be wonderful when it's all finished and you deserve it. Sorry you're having mom problems right now. Glad that hubby did well with his teeth problems.

Now I must get back to work. Have a 'marvelous Monday!'

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use