New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 58 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  3:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all on Monday...

Have a few spare mins before i take Mom to the dr...again. Who knows what'll all go on this time.
Hub is doing well. Will go back to work tonight, in 8 in of snow, bad roads, lousy trucks. He hates working with bad trucks that aren't kept up, don't blame him in these kinds of yuk weather. So, right now he is not a happy camper. I did do some shoveling, got quite a workout too, with having a lousy shovel that the tip keeps coming off. More than once I said a few choice words!! The roads are a mess, and I have to go out to take Mom? Ugh....I don't wanta!!!
Did get a good workout, so that's one good thing on it all. We shall see!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to hear you have to get out in all this mess, Jenjs. I hate driving in ice/snow. I'd rather deal with the snow than the ice, but once that ice gets shoveled on the roads, and the cars keep coming, and then night hits - it all freezes and it's a mess! Hope things go well with your mom.

I don't blame your husband as far as working/driving in bad equipment. It's bad enough to have to drive in bad weather, faulty equipment puts his life and others on the line. I can't figure that out. Plus, if the equipment isn't maintained properly it's only going to get worse, cost more. Where are the brains behind that one? Someone's sitting on them.

We have a couple inches of snow here this morning. More sleet/snow on the way by late morning, early afternoon. I want to get as much accomplished as I can and then head out.

Have a great day.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  6:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I heard that our storm was supposed to get to the plains in the next few days. Good luck with that one!
The co. that he works for is a sad one, really. But wait til someone has a bad wreck, then they'd think about things. Or so you may think...
The drs went well, he may be just what we needed. Tho we have to take a trip to Cheyenne to get started on it, but after the snow gets a tad better. Right now the roads are closed even to get there...
But, we're supposed to get in the 40s again in the next couple days, so it's really gonna be a huge big wet mess outside. They cancelled out school today from below zero wind chills, so youngest was happy that I didn't even wake him this morning. Tomorrow will be a regular day, supposedly....
So everyone enjoy decent weather when you have it!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  6:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
COLD-COLD-COLD----lots of wind and sleet very little snow should warm up in the next few days.

Glad all went well at the Drs.hope all are staying safe on these bad roads.

Had a new calf yesterday he sure looks cold.Bet he wishes he would have stayed in mom alittle longer.Will have to keep a close watch on him so he does'nt get sick.

Better get still have cows to tend to.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jenjs, I'm sure glad the doctors went well for your mom/you. That's good news.

harley, a new calf! You sure have all the fun.

We had sleet/snow Tuesday. Mostly sleet really. I didn't even come in yesterday. We have around 6 - 7" of snow now. But underneath all the snow there was the ice. I figured. No, I've fought all that for years. It's nice to be at a point where I can simply call in and say - not today folks. Not today. Of course, I wouldn't do that if there was something that absolutely had to be done that day. But I knew there wasn't anything that couldn't wait until today.

The roads are OK today, but parking downtown is not the greatest. It's sunny out and gorgeous now though. Cold. Around 26.

Have a terrific Thursday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  6:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here comes the weekend!

Today it's over 30, sunny yet windy of course. Still get almost stuck in my driveway, which makes me yucky moody...I hate that. Had a dentist appt today & struggled gettin in the driveway again. Roar!!!

Glad everyone is doing well. harley, how's the weigh ins going? I'm rootin for ya! I miss doing the calving sometimes, did that 20 some odd yrs ago. Don't miss it when the wind chills get around 30 below...

Otherwise we're all doing as well as can be. All have a wonderful weekend...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  7:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
New baby is doing great,has a real pretty white face and is a real light red color.His little nose is somewhat chapped but is eating really good.It was 41 today nice to have some sunshine,snow almost gone.

Weigh-in Friday morning not sure about this week.Had irthday dinner at moms for my hubby can't help but eat to much no matter how hard I try when I go over there.OH WELL just have to try harder.

Glad to hear everyone is getting around in the crappy weather.Sure be glad for spring.We have to work Sat. again guess I should'nt complain with so many people out of work but ^ days a week sure do'es get old.

All take care and will let you know how the weigh-in goes for better or worse.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  2:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dentist. Oh, yuck. That's bad enough by itself. Then to have to struggle getting in/out of the drive - adds misery.

The calf sounds adorable. My granddaughter is an animal loving little one. She would love having all kinds of animals around her. One of her recent favorites from a Barney video and a book she has is the meerkat. They are cute little things. Then she likes the kangaroo too because she can 'bounce just like the kangaroo.' Oh, the energy . . .

Good luck with the weigh-in, harley.

Have a great weekend. Talk to you Monday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  09:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Tuesday morning ladies.

I hope everyone's doing well. Harley, how'd the weigh in on Friday go? jenjs, how are things with you? Getting that basement finished?

I weighed yesterday AM. Stayed the same. Drats. I'm not working on 'maintaining' this hunk of weight. I'll step things up somehow. Oh, I did buy a Nintendo wii over the weekend. Everyone, everyone in this area, is out of the Fit. So I ordered it online. I wanted it before Christmas. Had my mind made up to get it. But financially that didn't work out for me at that time. So I bought now. I'll get a refund when I file - which will be within a week. So I figure that's my gift to myself.

Hope everyone's OK.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone!
Not a lot of time here the past few days, just seems that way. Nope, the basement is coming together tho, it's all painted & we had it measured to put the carpet in last week, so hopefully soon.
Cripes, I haven't weighed myself in I don't know how long, but I do need to. I feel some is back on. Yuk.

Hope you're all doing well tho! Trying to recover from a nasty cold...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  7:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Like everyone else seems really busy her working 6 days a week pulling a 12 hr. shift friday.The lady that weighs us wasn't there friday so will find out this friday.I bought a home gym been using it I really like the weights been doing 60 lbs for upper body using 20 for the leg lifts cause of bad knees.Still doing 2 or 3 miles on the treadmill.The company will pay 75% of the price of the gym all I have to do is keep track of the times I use it.You have to use it at least 26 times a quarter.Should be no problem.

Working on supper so better get.Hope all is well with you both.We'er suppose to have 70 degree weather by Sat.Can't wait.Take care will let you know about weight Friday.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go Harley!! Man, I am very envious of you! Glad you are able to do all of that for yourself. I bet you feel great too huh!
We're in the 50s, so looking for 70s is asking way too much around here. The 50s are pretty rare for this time of year anyways. Sure am getting cabin fever tho.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  10:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow harley. That's awesome. What a deal. Great incentive from your company to get everyone healthy and fit. You go girl!

Jenjs, your turn is coming for the elliptical. You said the basement was measured for the carpeting. It will come to an end soon and you'll have a bright, shiney, new room to work on the new you.

I just got word that my wii Fit was shipped yesterday. Hurrah. I have a recumbant bike at home. I need to get my buns on it too. I do enjoy walking. It's just been too cold, or too dark. I'm not real thrilled with walking at night alone. It isn't that I'm as afraid for my safety as for myself, meaning what if I fall, etc. I've had these knee problems (osteoarthritis). So I'm kind of cautious. That will change. My knees are doing great. I'm just kind of klutzy too.

Have a great day. And tomorrow is TGIF!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've heard the Fit is a good thing to have. I bet it would be fun!! I wouldn't mind having a bike either, I like riding too.
We have wind today as usual. Should be in the 50s again anyways.
All of my days are the same for me, only difference is weekends I have the guys home. But that doesn't mean I get to sleep!! HA! What is that?! Mom hasn't been sleeping well lately...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  10:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Weigh-in today 10 lbs more gone over a 2 week span.The 3 of us have lost a total of 59 lbs.I have lost 24 so far I feel so much better.Cloths fit so much different due to the lose of inches.

Spent so much time taking care of hubby after his heart attack forgot about taking care of me.He has been such a sweetheart about all the time I spend working out-always tells me he sure can tell I'm losing.He's a doll!!!

Son has his little boy 5 days out of 7 now.He sure is happy about that.Glad she thought he was to much of a problem for her to keep.

Jenjs-if I had as much on my plate as you do with your mom I would'nt be able to do much for myself.Your mom should be really proud of you.
beb-same goes for you with taking care of your granddaughter.You both have some great things to be proud of.

Hope all are well.We hit 70 today but I only got to see about 30 minutes of the sunshine it was dark when I went to work dark when I got home.Maybe more sun Sat.after I get off work.All have a nice weekend.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  2:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Harley!!! Fantastic!!! wow, what a go-getter you are! And that the hub really notices, plus right there! Hope you give yourself a treat & find something real nice to wear, something you never thought you would wear, but want to. That's always a plus too, at least for me.
And congrats on the son having his son most of the week! Also a big plus. I'm sure the little one is more happy with that arrangement also. Kids know a lot going on, even if they can't really say it. Very keen on sensing people. That's why I always listen if a kid says they don't like someone, doesn't really matter what reason, they know the kind of person they are.
We have the basement bout ready for the carpet, so when it gets layed then I can find my machine & crank it out. Hub wants to now too, says he's too fat, about 40 lbs overweight. I don't think it's quite that much. I know I can go for 10 to 15, I'd be glad with that.

Happy weekend all!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  12:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yahoo Harley!! Way to go. You're doing great with your work team and weight loss. Terrific.

Jenjs, so glad that you're about ready for your machine and working out at home. I think it will help you so much.

I weighed this morning and I'm up 4#. I am so upset and I don't really know why - EXCEPT I drank more diet soda than usual last week, which does make me retain fluids. I knew by Friday that I was retaining fluids yet I still drank too much coffee and diet soda over the weekend, but I thought I was going be OK because I added water. You'd think I'd float away, but I haven't. Maybe this is just a wake-up call for me. My Fit was shipped Thursday. Can't wait. In the meantime, I can get on and bowl, play tennis, baseball - or ride my bike. I did get in some walks over the weekend. it warmed up. Melted the snow and ice and I sure didn't want my dog out in the yard that he's been digging up looking for moles! I need grass seed. I'll throw some around out there and let the spring rains bring some beautiful new grass to doggy land.

4#. Unbelievable. By the same token, I've weighed on a Monday AM before and dropped 5#. I never count that 5# because I know it isn't possible for me. Now it's up 4#. I can only hope that it shows up as a loss next week.

So disappointed.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  8:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ah Beb, don't fret too much. I know exactly how you feel!!! It is frustrating as all hell, sorry to say, but it is. I like the diet sodas also, I don't notice retaining water from em tho. I do think they react differently with everyone.
I weigh most times on a Mom & Fri, gives me an idea how I do over the weekend & thru the week. Usually doesn't make a difference tho which it is! Sometimes when I think I've gained, I actually lost & vice versa.
Have you tried the diet green teas from lipton? I love em & maybe used to the taste by now, but I usually have one a day. mornings I wake to hot green tea, have for years. I decided years ago to cut coffee, I have some every now & then(usually with some irish cream, ahem..)but for the most part just have hot green tea. Sometimes with some lemon for some extra zing or vit C. I am a green tea nut, way before all this green tea hype came along. My bro-in-law drank it first umpteen yrs ago & looks like he's just 40(if that)...he's at least 55....maybe I see it as a kind of youth-syrum too!
So Beb, for the love of pete, please try not to be so down on yourself!! There are so many better things to fret about than how we see ourselves & our weight. I'm learning that as I go on this road. Just say a prayer, take a deep breath & be glad to be who you are!! I'd be willing to bet your fam is more than happy to have you just like that...hugs & rainbows to you!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, Jenjs, for the encouraging words. I definitely like green tea. I have some green tea bags here at work. I'm a coffee nut though. I've given up a lot of things, but coffee's one thing I'm hanging onto for dear life. I try, really try, to cut back. Most of the time I'm OK, but there are days I just 'have to have coffee.' I drink more tea at work and in the evenings, when I'm relaxing, than any other time.

I also love the green tea - bottled, sugar free. The one that's raspberry is delicious. You're right. It's healthy. My mom was always a coffee drinker. She finally gave up and went to caffeine free coffee, but she also drank tea - lots of tea, green tea especially.

I told myself yesterday to just get over it. Who knows why or how it happened. The weeks I've been a nibbler - I didn't gain 4#. I lost. Last week I actually did well, with the exception of the diet soda and more coffee than usual - not enough water. That's the only thing I can figure that caused it. I try to figure out what caused the gain, and it isn't always easy. But that way I can at least try to avoid it in the future. I do like water, with lots of ice. I add slices of lemon, lime, orange - sometimes sugar free syrup, or the tubes if I'm drinking bottled water. I drink a lot more of it in the summer.

Harley, I forgot to mention - congrats to your son! That's great news that he has him 5 days out of the week now. What a relief. What a blessing. I'll bet that makes everyone happier and less on edge. Good news.

On with work for now. Thanks again, Jenjs. Your words are encouraging.

Wonder where Mrs. Otto is.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

417harley

147 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  7:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
beb-beb-beb,Do like our weight adviser told me to do get rid of the scale.IT LIES!!!!!she said that if you feel good and your clothes are fitting different then the weight on the scale does'nt matter.We all hold food in our system at different rates from one day to the next so please don't let the scale get you down.She gave me a meal plan today I'm to have 6oz of grains,3cups of milk products,5 1/2oz. meat or beans,2 1/2 cups of veg.,2 cups of fruits,6 tsp.oils daily sounds like alot when I write it down.

I never did drink coffee not anyone of my family did.Do like hot tea.

Thanks for the thumbs up on my son everyone seems a whole lot happier now.We took grandson our old computer tonight thought he really got something.He's not on the internet but can play games and write his reports on it.Make him happy.

All take care and keep your heads up.All will work out in the long run.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 58  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use