PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 Any other 40 somethig women out there?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tammieo

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  2:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Are there any other 40 something women out there looking to support one another in our weight loss journey?

My name is Tammie, I am 46 and would love to loose 60 pounds. I am looking forward to meeting new people to help me and that I can help along the way.

Report To Moderator

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  11:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am, over 40 I mean....43. I usually go on the "it would be more fun" part of welcome to the neighborhood. I've chatted with a few gals that seem great!
My goal was to lose some weight before I get married the 26th....yeah, day before turkey day. It's been a booger finding a judge, but finally did. Anyways, I know I won't lose what I was after, but every little bit helps.
Four yrs ago I went thru a divorce, and from it my result was losing, kid you not, over 30lbs. Purely non-intentional. I don't recommend that kind of loss. Nice being able to wear small clothes, REALLY. But since then about 15 of it has come back, ugh. Now I'm just trying to stay within a decent range.
I'm an odd duck...stress makes me stop eating, totally reverse from most people. I'd go for days without eating & it wouldn't phase me. Try now & I'd go nuts!! I also was the same when my mom was getting major sick with heart problems. Not to the same extreme tho.

I wish you luck & go into that other forum like I mentioned. A lot of great people there, and you may find some hints that are good. More power to ya!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  10:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Defintely over 40 by 20 years. I'm a grandma. Years ago I thought everyone over 25 was old. Boy, how I have changed my mind on that one. Actually, my MD says 'You're in your prime! Years ago you would be considered old. Not anymore.' I love that man!

Age is a state of mind. Most of the time I don't think about age at all. Glad to have you with us. I also posts in the thread 'it would be more fun'. COme on over.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  2:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today I just feel great & don't really know why. Kinda like a nervous-happy kind of feeling. Can't sit still or even keep my mind from wandering!
I don't feel even close to being over 40. More like my son's age, 21. Really, I feel like I could still be in high school, good & bad. I'd never want to re-do that time in life, not even. Only if I was as smart as I am now, more world-wise, people-wise. I'm smaller in size since those years, which is nice, to be smaller as age comes. I was pretty good sized then & not happy on it. Make HS tough to get thru. Always good to have friends tho & I had the best....still do! Well, one anyways.
Hubs-to-be & I are supposed to go & look for our treadmill after he gets off work today....hopefully. Depends on how tired he is (he has the graveyard shift, app named too). The human body isn't meant to be working at night, I totally disagree with the fact that society thinks we need to be a 24/7 society. It worked well before. Evolution sometimes is not the best thing to have hapened. We end up paying the price in more ways than one.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth123

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send Elisabeth123 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by tammieo[/i]
[br]Are there any other 40 something women out there looking to support one another in our weight loss journey?

My name is Tammie, I am 46 and would love to loose 60 pounds. I am looking forward to meeting new people to help me and that I can help along the way.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth123

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  2:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send Elisabeth123 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I found this site in amagazine and just joined today. I am trying to lose weight before next July when I will be going on a cruise. I am hoping this site can offer me some personal support throguth this time. without having to go to some diet place and pay lots of money. I am just browsing this site and chat room so far. Can I just chat with one person at a time or lots?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jenjs

484 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  8:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The drill is usually an all-chat type of deal. I like it here! There are a few good tips, but more than anything, it's good chat between new friends.
If there's anything you may have a question about, just ask! Me, I'm trying to lose around 10 to 15 lbs, just to feel better all around. I have real bad genes on both sides, so I need to step up & just do good for me, so I can stick around for a bit. Both parents are still with us, but in real sad shape. I worry as I get older. Not good stuff.

Best of luck & keep checking in! You'll be surprised at how you can click with everyone real easy....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

melliar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am definitely 40 something. I found this website in Womens Day...the day after my doctor gave me an ultimatum...Lose the weight or die.I am more than 150 lbs overweight. I have problems because I am undermotivated and am a sleep eater..that is sleepwalking when stressed and I eat during these sleepwalking session. I also have a bad habit of taking on others problems, I am the one at the office that everyone vents to...so you can see I am in a vicious cycle.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

melliar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am definitely 40 something. I found this website in Womens Day...the day after my doctor gave me an ultimatum...Lose the weight or die.I am more than 150 lbs overweight. I have problems because I am undermotivated and am a sleep eater..that is sleepwalking when stressed and I eat during these sleepwalking session. I also have a bad habit of taking on others problems, I am the one at the office that everyone vents to...so you can see I am in a vicious cycle.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

SparkleOR3

2 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  10:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm Cheri and a very young 56. I quit smoking over 4 years ago and gained 25 pounds which 20 of it will not budge. I am to the point where I would be happy to loose 10 pounds and not the last 10 pounds. I am an exercise nut and really watch what I eat but can't seem to loose for some reason. Anyway I'm glad I found you guys.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Quiltnchef

4 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  1:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm over 40 too. A gramma living in Washington DC. I love to cook and bake and also quilting is my passion. I moved to DC from Austin, Tx and am looking forward to moving back some day.

Judy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cindyannette

3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  12:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! I am 41 and have three kids. I have always been fitness oriented, but this last year, although I was still running pretty regularly, I managed to gain over 10 lbs. My goal is to lose about 15 lbs. or more. It would be great to have a buddy on this website that I could support and that could support me with our goals!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

TonyaFig

2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there...I'm 41 and am looking to lose around 20 lbs. Over the last 2 years I have lost about 55lbs. but about 8 lbs. have crept back on and I want to get back on track before it gets out of hand. I'd love a place to chat with other people in the same boat. It can help so much to have support with people that understand the ups and downs!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use