Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  10:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I thought I would start a new thread and "re-introduce" ourselves here.
I know we are a small group nowadays, but perhaps this post will prompt some newbies to post and get some of the "regulars" back up!

I live in Northern Virginia about 1/2 hour from Washington DC. The blue ridge mountains flank the west and make a beautiful sunset! I live in a teeny tiny condo with my husband and little needy dog. My dad and stepmom live in Georgia. My mom lives in San Diego until she retires, then she will return here to Virginia. My brother is living in her house for now. I work as an office administrator for a company that provides large screen projection for TV and corporate events. I LOVE MY JOB! I take my little Italian Greyhound with me to work every day. My husband hated his job when he worked as a welder. I nagged him relentlessly and he finally quit his job and now he buys and sells "things" for a living.

I used to have my own shop where I sold gently used womens clothing, accessories and small furnishings. I was in that business for 10 years and finally closed it. I used to work 7 days a week! Now I work 4 days a week! HA!!

I don't have any real hobbies. I am pretty good at anything "crafty", but don't really do any of it. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to shop and I like nice shoes. No PayLess or vinyl shoes for me!

OK - I must run! I have a dental appointment!

2x4 was here, but now she's gone. She left this post to carry on...

Report To Moderator

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  11:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great idea!

My name is Holly. I will be turning 30 this year (scary). I live in upstate New York - and that does NOT mean just above NYC. I live in a suburb of Syracuse which is a lovely place if you don't mind the horrible lake effect snow we get all winter. This summer notwithstanding - very rainy, our summers are usually nice, although I wouldn't mind it if it were a bit warmer since we bought a house last year with a swimming pool.

On October 1 I will celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary with my sweet hubby. We have been together since I was 15 - so half my life. We have 2 dogs - McKenzie (a dalmatian) and Amber (a chocolate lab) who are my babies. We are not having any children by choice.

I am the secretary to one of the two remaining partners in a real estate development company - we do everything! Hotels, apartment complexes, retail, you name it. The company is small, but it keeps me extremely busy (I shouldn't even visit here, but it is about the only break I get most days). In addition to my regular job, I am starting a side business doing medical transcription and mobile notary public (which I need for my day job, so I thought I would try to make it work for me for a change).

As far as health and fitness - when I got married 10 years ago I weighed 200 pounds. In late 1999 and early 2000 I devoted my efforts to losing my weight and in late 2002 I was all the way down to 133 pounds - and looked darn good, not perfect, but good (I am 5' 6") and was wearing a size 6. Then while preparing to move and starting my business around the same time, I got so busy that things got away from me again. I had no time or energy to exercise or even cook and was eating out at on and have gained back many pounds - I think my last weigh in was 155 - so I gained 22 pounds that I desparately need to get off of me, but am still having a difficult time finding the time to do what I know I have to. I'll get there though - I have faith in that.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MINDYKL

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2004 :  09:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send MINDYKL an AOL message  Send MINDYKL an ICQ Message  Send MINDYKL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Super idea gals!
My name is Mindy, I am 30 years old and I live in Toledo Ohio...about 2 hours West of Cleveland. I am recently married (2nd time) to my wonderful husband John. He has 4 children from a previous wife so for me it was instant family! Ours is alittle different though. My first husband was abusive and it was a terrible marriage. I tried relentlessly to make it work...the problem was, he didn't. As time went on, John (my second husband) and I were married. Ok ladies, hold on to your hat. He is 19 years older than me. Now this is where our little family is different. He has a daughter who is 1 year younger than me, another who is 3 years younger than me, a 19 year old son who lives with us, and a 12 year old daughter who lives with mom and visits everyother weekend. With all of that though, I must say that he is sooooo good to me! Unlike the first. I deserve better you know!

I am a children's therapist, I love to help others, and at times need to remind myself to be there for me too! I lost about 80 pounds and did really well, but with the ups and downs of my first husband and through our divorce I gained 50 back. I am 5'8" and now weigh 250. I would love to see 150 (the approp. weight for my height, etc) However, I would be ecstatic if I could see 180!

I am the youngest of 3. My two brothers are 47 and 45 so I was a "surprise" ...not an accident [;)] My mother and father are still together and they just celebrated 48 years! Wow.

I love to sing, cook, and have get togethers with my family and my new family with John. We do not have any kids. I would love to though I didn't ever want to before???? But I think from time to time how great it would be...atleast one you know?
So that is me in a nut shell...Ok maybe a big nut shell...You'll learn from me that I can go on and on...sorry if I made anyone nod off
[|)]
Mindy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dreamer

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  3:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send dreamer a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi everyone,my name is dreamer,i live in pa.i love to cook,try new recipes.i am only 5lbs over my weight.which i know i will lose.my problem is i have hypoglocemia (low sugar).my doctor says i need more carbs.but i dont want to gain weight.i work an awful lot so i forget to eat right or i am to tired to eat.i have tolearn how to eat healthier.i am 37 yrs old,my 1st marriage was very bad,and during the divorce i lost alot of weight to fast.thats why i have low sugar now doc.says i starved my body.so im on my 2nd marriage and it is fantastic so i have to learn to eat right.so i decided to join,and meet new friends to keep me on the right track. nice to meet everyone dreamer

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  4:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Dreamer. Welcome aboard.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bloommin

37 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2004 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I just joined yesterday and have had a time just navigating this site. I wouldn't say it was the simplest I've seen. I'm glad I have DSL or I might be waiting for pages forever.
My screen name is bloommin. I'm here in middle Georgia and love to garden and of course I want to loose weight. I did do weight watchers two years ago and lost and kept off 20 lb. (I'm at 173 lbs now)I thought if I fes up with my weight with all of you I just might stick to this diet. I do a lot of traveling so I was paying for weekly meetings that I didn't attend. I find using the internet for this purpose is a lot easier. I've had a rough time with excercise or at least getting back in to it. Last year I broke my leg and have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things.
Glad to meet all of you, Bloommin

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  09:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Glad to meet you, too, Bloommin! [:D]

If you find it helpful to keep a weekly weigh in, feel free at any time to start a post. If I think of it, I do on Wednesdays (that is the day I do my official weigh in - although I must say I have a tendency to get on the scale more often than that.) If yours is before Wednesday (some people here used to do it on Mondays), go for it!!! I use Wednesdays because I feel it is going to be the most accurate - not RIGHT after the weekend when I am more likely to be bad and it will be higher and not on Fridays when it is likely to be the lowest because I have been good all week.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bloommin

37 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  11:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Holly,
I think Wednesdays are perfect, because I too usually weight myself more often and today was no exception. Ugh! Your right I don't like Monday weight-ins either now that you put it that way. I purchased a pedometer to keep track of my steps or miles, it does both, so far I've only walked 2miles. I'd like to say my age is making me fat.
I am 58 years old and have four grandchildren. I have been married 36 years. WOW, I suprise myself when I see it typed. I will be babysitting for two of my grandchildren over Thanksgiving. Two todlers.
Well I hope to engage in more conversations with all of you,later,
Bloommin

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

alexpendergrass@gmail.com

12 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  10:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am 22 and live in Fort Worth, Texas. I have always been a VERY tiny girl (5'1" and 95 lbs, and never had a problem with my weight. Over the past 2 years, I have stopped exercising, and with a real job now that I have graduated college, the workouts are even fewer still. The foods that I used to eat with abandon now stick with me. Although weight-wise I am fine, my body fat percentage has increased to about 35%. All of my muscles have deteriorated, and my body is just mushy. I have joined in order to motivate me to learn how to eat correctly and get back on track with excercising. I hate cooking, and I get lazy if I have to spend more than a few minutes doing it. I tend to snack alot (on the wrong things), rather than taking the time to make a real meal. It never used to affect me at all, but now none of my clothes fit! ARGH! Hopefully with this webposting, I will find the motivation to stick to my goals.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  10:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome, Alex. We're here for you!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dreamer

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  6:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send dreamer a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Holly

Hi, Dreamer. Welcome aboard.

hi holly,thanks im glad to be aboard. i hope to learn lots on this new journey. take care,dreamer

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

HaileysMomma

2 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  8:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone!

My name is Jenn, and I just joined the site. I am 22 years old and have a five month old beautiful baby girl. I breast fed her for the first 3 1/2 months, but ended up get chapped which made feeding very painful, and on top of that, she had a sinus infection so couldn't feed that way anyways. Anyways, during those months of breastfeeding, I was loosing my baby weight fairly well, but now that I've stopped, I've plateaued. I joined this site to help me keep track. I also love to cook, and found that the site has some great recipes.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lilchef#1

5 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi my name ia Anna ADN i AM 14. I know i am a little yonger than all of you but i shaer much of the same interst i love to cook.[^^] i always cook for my family. i starded cooking when i was 5 with help of corse. i live in michigan im in the 9 grade and i can't wait for thanks givign this is really my time to shine. well got to go have school work.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cometchaser

822 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  6:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome Anna, and good for you for learning the art of the chef early. what you learn now will aid you in your whole life ahead. I was a "little chef" myself and I've never regretted it.

I'm comet, and I'll be 30 for about 5 more days... [:(]

I live in a medium-sized village in Alaska. on the road system, so not as remote as most communities. I drive 60 miles to get my groceries or take my critters to the vet or visit the bookstore.

I am a radio reporter and morning news anchor and talk show host. I have three children and a husband and a dog and 2 cats and 120 acres, fourty of it in hay and the rest in virgin forest.

last February, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and my life has been going through chaotic change every since. I quit smoking, started exercising, resumed my former yoga practice, and have tried to beat my overeating and work-a-holism. the work-a-lism part is making progress!

nice to see all these new names!

Comet

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  11:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome, Anna. I'm so proud of you for working on yourself at such an early age. Keep posting and we can all help each other out.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lilchef#1

5 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  12:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holly

Welcome, Anna. I'm so proud of you for working on yourself at such an early age. Keep posting and we can all help each other out.

thanks im glad to meet you [:D]ill have a lot of fun thanks again anna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lilchef#1

5 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  12:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser

Welcome Anna, and good for you for learning the art of the chef early. what you learn now will aid you in your whole life ahead. I was a "little chef" myself and I've never regretted it.

I'm comet, and I'll be 30 for about 5 more days... [:(]

I live in a medium-sized village in Alaska. on the road system, so not as remote as most communities. I drive 60 miles to get my groceries or take my critters to the vet or visit the bookstore.

I am a radio reporter and morning news anchor and talk show host. I have three children and a husband and a dog and 2 cats and 120 acres, fourty of it in hay and the rest in virgin forest.

last February, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and my life has been going through chaotic change every since. I quit smoking, started exercising, resumed my former yoga practice, and have tried to beat my overeating and work-a-holism. the work-a-lism part is making progress!

nice to see all these new names!

Comet

wow alaska lots of snow right. cool lots of land too. thanks for writing. i love to cook!!![^^][:)]why is it so bad to turn thirty? my mom din't want to turn thirty either bye nice to talk to you anna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Halfshell

2 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  1:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! My name is Nancy (nance) and I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago! I live here in Oregon with my hubby of almost 41 years. We have 3 kids and 9 grandkids and had every one of them here for dinner yesterday...what fun! I easily worked off more calories thatn I consumed!

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a week ago this past Monday so after 59 years of cooking and eating the wrong way...I now have to re-learn all of my habits and learn how to eat the right way.

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with a group of people who cook low fat instead of low carb! I need some help and encouragement to change my ways! LOL!

Halfshell AKA Nance

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

angnbill

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  12:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi To Everyone,
My name is Angela and I live in Memphis,TN, with my husband of 5 years and our son who is 13 months old. I'm a nurse and I'e worked nights ever since I can remember. Now I do weekends nights so I can stay home with my son. I have a large family and they live everywhere (mostly in NW Ga[:D]).
Right now I am having a hard time getting motivated and its probably not the best time of the year to start but I figured now is as good a tiem as any. I'm still trying to lose baby weight and have about 30 to 40 lbs to go before I will be happy. (I was a little over weight when I got pregnant.)
I have started to try to watch my portions and not eat late at night (when I am not at work). I also try to walk but haven't been consistent. I have a plan but haven't been keeping up with it well.
Like I said, now is as good a time as any.
I've read some of the postings and its nice to meet everyone.
Hope you all are ok and had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Angela

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lilchef#1

5 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  11:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Halfshell

Hi everyone! My name is Nancy (nance) and I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago! I live here in Oregon with my hubby of almost 41 years. We have 3 kids and 9 grandkids and had every one of them here for dinner yesterday...what fun! I easily worked off more calories thatn I consumed!

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a week ago this past Monday so after 59 years of cooking and eating the wrong way...I now have to re-learn all of my habits and learn how to eat the right way.

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with a group of people who cook low fat instead of low carb! I need some help and encouragement to change my ways! LOL!

Halfshell AKA Nance

hi my name is Anna.Im am 14 and i love to cook. well food is relly easy to burn if you are contanly active.diabetes i have a 12 year old friend who was diagnosed when she ws 2 1/2 it seems like it hurts when she stabbs her self with a neddle she has han kidoacidoses 3 times each time i was with she when she got really high. well welcome to foodfit
Anna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lilchef#1

5 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  11:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angnbill

Hi To Everyone,
My name is Angela and I live in Memphis,TN, with my husband of 5 years and our son who is 13 months old. I'm a nurse and I'e worked nights ever since I can remember. Now I do weekends nights so I can stay home with my son. I have a large family and they live everywhere (mostly in NW Ga[:D]).
Right now I am having a hard time getting motivated and its probably not the best time of the year to start but I figured now is as good a tiem as any. I'm still trying to lose baby weight and have about 30 to 40 lbs to go before I will be happy. (I was a little over weight when I got pregnant.)
I have started to try to watch my portions and not eat late at night (when I am not at work). I also try to walk but haven't been consistent. I have a plan but haven't been keeping up with it well.
Like I said, now is as good a time as any.
I've read some of the postings and its nice to meet everyone.
Hope you all are ok and had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Angela

hi my name is Anna. 14 years old. oh my father works night and he gets really tired. get lots of sleep. sounds like you will lose that weight in no time. you also need to have a well baleced diet here you wil fine lots of nice yummy lo fat meals have fun
Anna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use