Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

linda124222@aol.com

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  3:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone. My name is Linda. I weigh 146.6 and have a goal weight of 124. I am 5'5", married for 26 yrs. have 2 cats and will be 51 two weeks from this Friday. My goals are to exercise more, not go over 1400 calories, be healthier and able to do more.
Linda

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

shel7435

10 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  9:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Newbie here, I am living in Hawaii for the moment, originally from Alaska.
I am looking to lose 40- 50lbs.
I have been chubby most of my life but in the last 5 years its gotten out of control, now I am ready to do something about it!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dovermomof5

2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  01:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi to all! I go by Kat. I'll be married for 10 yrs. on april 15. I have 5 wonderful children. We have a dog -Angel a turtle-stryper,and a guinea pig-cupcake.I am attending college in the fall for counseling.

I need to lose weight because diabetes run in my family. I am 5' 6" and weigh 208. I use to weigh 246 about 3 1/2 yrs ago. I started to lose because with my 4th child I developed gestational diabetes. But now I'm stuck and can't get under 200. I have got down to 199 before Christmas but gained some back. With 7 people to feed my budget is tight. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for listening to me.

Oh by the way here are my age groups that I have at home.
Dad-46,Mom(me)-38,oldest child to youngest 20,9,8,2,1.
I know what your thinking, WOW what an age group!lol.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Wilton

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  9:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, that is a big age difference but I have a 17 and 4 year old. My name is Wanda and I am new to this group. Need to lose about 20 pounds due to some health problems, mainly Vasculitis. I am attending Carroll College her in Wisconsin for Psychology/Sociology degrees also. This is my first time being involved in any kind of group, online or not. Hope to make friends and lose bad habits along the way. If there is anything that I can do for you, let me know. I'm a great listener! Good night to all.

quote:
Originally posted by dovermomof5

Hi to all! I go by Kat. I'll be married for 10 yrs. on april 15. I have 5 wonderful children. We have a dog -Angel a turtle-stryper,and a guinea pig-cupcake.I am attending college in the fall for counseling.

I need to lose weight because diabetes run in my family. I am 5' 6" and weigh 208. I use to weigh 246 about 3 1/2 yrs ago. I started to lose because with my 4th child I developed gestational diabetes. But now I'm stuck and can't get under 200. I have got down to 199 before Christmas but gained some back. With 7 people to feed my budget is tight. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for listening to me.

Oh by the way here are my age groups that I have at home.
Dad-46,Mom(me)-38,oldest child to youngest 20,9,8,2,1.
I know what your thinking, WOW what an age group!lol.

Wanda Wilton

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bjurszeni1

3 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  2:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lilchef#1

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-s" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Halfshell

Hi everyone! My name is Nancy (nance) and I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago! I live here in Oregon with my hubby of almost 41 years. We have 3 kids and 9 grandkids and had every one of them here for dinner yesterday...what fun! I easily worked off more calories thatn I consumed!

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a week ago this past Monday so after 59 years of cooking and eating the wrong way...I now have to re-learn all of my habits and learn how to eat the right way.

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with a group of people who cook low fat instead of low carb! I need some help and encouragement to change my ways! LOL!

Halfshell AKA Nance

hi my name is Anna.Im am 14 and i love to cook. well food is relly easy to burn if you are contanly active.diabetes i have a 12 year old friend who was diagnosed when she ws 2 1/2 it seems like it hurts when she stabbs her self with a neddle she has han kidoacidoses 3 times each time i was with she when she got really high. well welcome to foodfit
Anna

[/quote]

Edited by - bjurszeni1 on 06/29/2007 2:47:51 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mattiehunter

4 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  11:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there! I just joined today. I am hoping to get some great recipes and a little more motivation from this site.

I am 32 and I am having a mid-mid-life crisis. I had a career that took me to Texas and New Mexico. It was high stress and long hours and I felt like I was missing my life. In December, I moved to Colorado to persue a second degree, this time in veterinary science.

I love my decision and I love Colorado but I don't love what I have done to myself in the last 12 years. I have gained about 8 lbs a year since I graduated college the first time. I have gone from being 104 lbs and an exercise fanatic to weighing close to 200 lbs at my heaviest! I am only 5'2".

I am in school full time and I work full time on the graveyard shift so when I say I have no time to exercise, I really am not making excuses. When school is in session, I work, go to class or both every day of the week and typically go 3 months without a single day off. I have been on a break from school but start again next week. I have been so dedicated for 3 weeks with exercise and my food choices. I have lost 7 lbs so far. If anyone has any suggestions on how to exercise with my busy schedule, I would appreciate it.

Good luck to everyone who is travelling the same road I am!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dovermomof5

2 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  2:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome Mattie Congrats on your weight loss!!! I've lost alot since I've been trying. But just to let you know that sometimes your hormones mess with your weight loss. I've been told that recently by a friend. You are in a very pretty state. I would love to see Colorado! But I'm stuck in PA and thats ok with me! Good luck and I'll be praying for you!
quote:
Originally posted by mattiehunter

Hi there! I just joined today. I am hoping to get some great recipes and a little more motivation from this site.

I am 32 and I am having a mid-mid-life crisis. I had a career that took me to Texas and New Mexico. It was high stress and long hours and I felt like I was missing my life. In December, I moved to Colorado to persue a second degree, this time in veterinary science.

I love my decision and I love Colorado but I don't love what I have done to myself in the last 12 years. I have gained about 8 lbs a year since I graduated college the first time. I have gone from being 104 lbs and an exercise fanatic to weighing close to 200 lbs at my heaviest! I am only 5'2".

I am in school full time and I work full time on the graveyard shift so when I say I have no time to exercise, I really am not making excuses. When school is in session, I work, go to class or both every day of the week and typically go 3 months without a single day off. I have been on a break from school but start again next week. I have been so dedicated for 3 weeks with exercise and my food choices. I have lost 7 lbs so far. If anyone has any suggestions on how to exercise with my busy schedule, I would appreciate it.

Good luck to everyone who is travelling the same road I am!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

IBCris

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  5:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone my name is Cris, I am 33 and live in the high desert of southern california. This is my first time here and ooh am i learning! Got here by looking up 'endo-meso body type b' and it brought me to foodfit website and now i'm here... Still don't know what body type i am or what endo-meso means, but i would love to find out. Anyone out there that knows the diff between body types and what foods to eat & what exercises to do please tell me/us. Looking forward to the replys.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

javalover46

1 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  07:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi
My name is Bea and I am from Northeastern Pennsylvania.
I have been trying to lose weight for many years now. I have been on so many plans and all have worked. The key is to keep going. My problem is I always stop after losing 30 lbs. Any ideas on how to get past this step and keep going til I lose all 100 lbs.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DixieBelle

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  6:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My name is Melissa...I live in central Arkansas. I'm turning 35 this weekend and I work full-time as a cashier at Wal-Mart and I volunteer as an Emergency Medical Technician (although I am trying to get away from that-too stressful-but I do not regret having that knowledge).

Rom. 8:28

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lozzer48

2 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  06:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hi my name is loraine, ive just joined todaY. i am in the united kingdom but i hope that doesnt matter. i need help with motivation and ideas for tasty, filling cheap meals!i have a lot of weight to lose and i am very realisitic in the fact it will take me a long time to get where i want to be. so i just wanted to drop by and say HI from UK
loz
xx

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

toneill

1 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  2:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I am Teresa and I live in Kansas. I have just joined this program and hope that soon I can start on it. I am 44 years old and married to a wonderful man that God Blessed me with. I have two boys of my own, 23 and 15 and a girl 25 with my 2 year old first grandson.I also have two step sons, 20 and 19. I am going to school to be an elementary teacher when I grow up. I am not working right now but on unpaid medical leave due to an injury at work on my back. It is hard for me because I am unable to even clean my house without ending up on my back in bed on pills for 2 days but I am not giving up. God is my strength and my fortress and He is the one that I live for. God has made a lot of changes in my life and it seems that he just keeps making changes. heehee. Someday He will not have to go to drastic measures to get my attention. I have been praying for God to get me and my husband in His will whatever it takes and that is when everything started changing. My career in medical He has changed to teaching children and I love it and my husband has been hurt and had to change his job so God is on the move. I have always heard be careful what you pray for because you just may get it..heehee..well I just keep praying it because I know that the Lord is coming soon and I want to be about His business not mine. WEll that sums me up..I love the Lord ..I am an evangelist so is my husband. God has started a house of prayer through us here. It is a house where people can come and just spend time with God with no distractions. Bible studies are done there and just fellowship at times. It is a long testimony how that started and sometime maybe I will post it on here because it is awesome the way that God works! God put me and my husband together. I was not looking having been through a divorce and neither was he but God had a plan..Praise God! I will have to tell you all about that sometime too. One funny part about that is a friend of his told him that God was going to put a special lady in his life and he told her that he didnt want one but she said that as long as he followed God it would happen. Well we talked about it and tried to figure out who it was because his friend had said that it was someone he already knew so we went through all of them never considering that it could be me..heehee..well I think this book is long enough. God Bless all of you and I hope to become great friends in our successes and even in our downfalls.

Teresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

euclid1405

2 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  01:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi my name is Cheryl and I live in Nebraska - and no it is not flat. I will be married 17 years in August and am to the mom to 4 children b-16, g-11, g-10, b-7. I am 5 foot 10 and 215 pounds, I just joined and I am going to lose this weight. I joined the gym 7 weeks ago and have averaged a 4 times per week visit. I just joined for some new ideas and lots of moral support. I guess it is important that I add that I am a very vocal supporter for women's heart disease awareness. Two years ago - at the age of 42 I had not 1 but 4 stents placed in my heart and became very educated very quick about the risk and ignorance for women regarding heart disease - but that is a whole nother story - anyway - I am excited to be here and look forward to learning a lot and meeting all of you - Cheryl

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Telesis

1 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all:

I am new I just joined a few days ago. I live in (Lower) southeast Michigan, (real close to Toledo, Ohio by the way). I have a small family although; I come from a large one. Unfortunately, I was unable to have the 6 kids I had always wanted. I have 2 a daughter who is 18, married, and has a 4-month-old baby. I also have a son who is 16 and is starting to date. I am a part-time teacher for an Adult Enrichment Program with a local Technical/Vocational School. I teach software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Windows, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. . . . Actually, thinking of moving on if anyone has any leads I'd appreciate it. My husband is a Computer Programmer and a Musician. By the way he has Acid Reflux and we are having a difficult time finding meals that we can agree on that won't get the reflux acting up, so again if anyone has any suggestions . . . I decided to join because I have been putting up with my weight for way too long and thought having a support group could make it a little easier to keep going. I have already lost 10 of the 60 pounds I am aiming to lose. One of those has been since I joined FoodFit, even though I haven't really done any thing here but look around and this entry. Well, I guess I should stop now because I believe I have the longest entry here so far and I didn't mean to babble so much.

Telesis

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

pcasner

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, My name is Pat and I live in beautiful Colorado. I'm 58 years old and have a wonderful husband. I have never been on a forum before so this is all new to me. (I actually have no idea what I am doing). But, I'm giving it a try. I have just started (again) to get my health and weight under control. I have a lot more to lose, but, my goal is 10 lbs. (40 more and I would be at total goal). My new way of thinking is patience and perserverance will get me there. I am very blessed to have an open space park behind my house. It provides a great and convenient place to walk. I love getting out there early in the morning and taking my walk. Time to get off here and get some work done. This is my day off.HA!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

pongoss

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  3:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! I am just joining today so I thought I would introduce myself! My name is Tammy. I am hoping this site will help me lose that weight that won't come off!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

2under2

1 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  09:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I live in Omaha, Nebraska and have two kids under the age of two. I am hoping that this site will not only help me lose some of the baby weight, but also help my husband and I teach my daughters to eat healthy.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

daggy12

10 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  6:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send daggy12 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi my name is patty,
I'm a mom to 4 kids (only one left at home lol) and a grandma to two. I work full-time and love scrapbooking.
oh I live in Florida

Edited by - daggy12 on 08/09/2007 6:22:19 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

johorton

1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all!!

My names Jo and im from Tamworth England.Im 29.
Ive just joined today hoping that this will help me stay motivated and stop that binge eating!!
Im a little confused though, I put that im a vegetarian and it gave me a load of meat recepies in my plan?

Speak to you all soon.

x

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

genelle

1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  10:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello to everyone! My name is Genelle and I am 33 years old and live in Louisiana. I am happily married and have a blended family with four boys. We are a very active family, however I have struggled trying to lose weight from my standard 120, I am now at 140 and even though I do Mountain Bike Races and exercise regularly, I can`t seem to lose it. I just wanted to say hi and wish everyone luck in all they are trying to accomplish

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use